FE Warriors E3 Trailer

1 minute ago, DIO said:

Mind connecting how this is applicable to this scenario? It's not really meshing for me and is just coming off as an attempt to derail the conversation (which I know isn't your intention)...

"This game we tried our hardest to hide and prevent from selling didn't sell, thus we're going to blame the fanbase for not wanting it."

I'm not saying it was intentional on IS's part, but it certainly looks like they tried.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

"This game we tried our hardest to hide and prevent from selling didn't sell, thus we're going to blame the fanbase for not wanting it."

I'm not saying it was intentional on IS's part, but it certainly looks like they tried.

I don't think they were trying to hide them per se, but it's clear they weren't giving the games the advertising budget that it theoretically should've had. I can recall seeing some ads in magazines for Radiant Dawn and I think a commercial popped up once or twice. Compare that to something like Devil's Third, were the game pretty much was ostracized shortly after the first international trailer...

1 minute ago, DIO said:

I don't think they were trying to hide them per se, but it's clear they weren't giving the games the advertising budget that it theoretically should've had. I can recall seeing some ads in magazines for Radiant Dawn and I think a commercial popped up once or twice. Compare that to something like Devil's Third, were the game pretty much was ostracized shortly after the first international trailer...

Exactly. Of all the factors that might've contributed to poor sales, I don't think it was the relationships/marriage (Zelda fans seem to do fine without it being an official mechanic). It's obvious that's what IS thinks it is, too- Advance Wars isn't really open to it, and that is explicitly why they haven't made a new one (there was an interview for this, but I don't know a good way to quickly find it to link).

21 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Exactly. Of all the factors that might've contributed to poor sales, I don't think it was the relationships/marriage (Zelda fans seem to do fine without it being an official mechanic). It's obvious that's what IS thinks it is, too- Advance Wars isn't really open to it, and that is explicitly why they haven't made a new one (there was an interview for this, but I don't know a good way to quickly find it to link).

All they said is that it's harder to create relationships between it's characters. Marriage doesn't necessarily factor in there.