FE Warriors E3 Trailer

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Folt said:

Oh, we're definitely getting Lucina. But I'm not too sure about Severa and Inigo yet.

But indeed, the games being marketable is probably a point to their favor, especially since it means that every character from the games chosen (well, Awakening and Fates) have fans among the majority of the FE fandom who would like to see them in a game like this. Which isn't a bad thing, since a fan who is a fan of, say a Magvel character, would also most likely be a fan of a character from Awakening or Fates, but the vice versa is probably a lot smaller.

I think those characters are practically guaranteed. They were popular enough to be given a spot in a second game and since this game heavily appeals to the fans of both of those games it would be weird if they weren't in it. 

I get the logic behind it, even agree to it to some extend when it comes to a marketing standpoint but it remains the fact that one half definitely comes off shafted. If you're a fan of the pre Awakening games then you don't have your preferred games represented at all. The Fates and Awakening characters both have a very wacky feel to them but underrepresented the more nuanced characters. That's not a bad thing but them having a familiar feel leaves a gap Archanea can't fill because they have neither the charm of the Awakening/Fates cast nor the nuances and dept of the GBA and Tellius ones. So if you're a fan of the more nuanced characters you're essentially out of luck.

Me? I'm fine with both, have a preference towards the more nuanced cast but definitely enjoy the wacky characters too. But I do notice the balance being off and judge it as a negative. 

A little thing, but is it me, or do Ryoma and Xander have different people voicing them?

Edit: I hope the level up stats are fixed, RNG would be awful for a game like this.

Edit 2: The Devs implied that they're fixed because you can turn off the level up scene. Thank the Gods.

Edited by Black_Knight

Random Note: Music is a remix of Awakening's Destiny, I think.

Stats: Fire Emblem Levels Ups are still a thing in Warriors. If this is bothersome during gameplay, the screen can be turned off during battle (the character still levels, but the gains will not interrupt the action).

Tactical: The player can send their heroes to attack and defend locations on the map.

F!Corrin: Transforms into her dragon form for her ultimate attack. Otherwise, she is a sword user.

Xander: Xander's Cavalier gameplay was shown off. He also has special battle dialogue with Corrin.

Arena Mode: There is an "Arena Mode" for Fire Emblem Warriors.

I may update this post as things progress.

Edited by Sire

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So far its reminding me about Hyrule Warriors. That's both a good and a bad thing. 

It's the same dev team, also both Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors are based off the Dynasty Warriors franchise which Tecmo Koei created. It will be interesting to see all the nods the devs make to Fire Emblem like they did with Legend of Zelda.

1 minute ago, Black_Knight said:

It's the same dev team, also both Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors are based off the Dynasty Warriors franchise which Tecmo Koei created. It will be interesting to see all the nods the devs make to Fire Emblem like they did with Legend of Zelda.

Oh I know but Dynasty feels different from Samurai which feels difference from Hyrule. 

Also, normally I'm not a graphics person, but this game looks visually worse than Hyrule Warriors even though this is a Switch title. I get Zelda is much more popular series and Fire Emblem is still not as popular, but it would have been nice to see nice graphics.

Did everybody see that?

Getting into Fury allow the player to ignore the Weapon Triangle and get into a Storm Rush as soon as the Stun Gauge is depleted.

Edit : Okay I never said anything... the Stun Gauge depletes even out of the Weapon Triangle...

Edited by Ycine

Just now, Arthur97 said:

So much negativity. Why even clone here if you are only going to point out the negative?

What's the point of just pointing out the positive? If I see something I don't like, I'm gonna point it out.

TIki's definitely in Warriors now, wonder why they showed that amiibo now (unless there really WILL be another remake...)

Anyway, they acknowledged the "too many swords" complaint so it'll be interesting to see what they do with that moving forward.