Which Robin? (Poll Closed)

Arthur97

40 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I really dislike her fanbase in general. If only it wasn't so full of cancerous smug people and drooling fanboys...

I hope M!Corrin appears in the game even if he's just an alt for the female one. 

Well, in my book, if the character is bad anyway, might as well pick the prettier one.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Corrins look nearly the same to me. It's the crap M!Corrin constantly gets while F!Corrin gets all the praise for the same actions that grinds my gears. Well, only time will tell if the less popular Robin and Corrin end up making an appearance even if they end up as alts. 

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Both Corrins look nearly the same to me. It's the crap M!Corrin constantly gets while F!Corrin gets all the praise for the same actions that grinds my gears. Well, only time will tell if the less popular Robin and Corrin end up making an appearance even if they end up as alts. 

If it makes you feel any better, I don't like either of them.

I'm not sure that alts would work given the story. Plus that would mean a whole new set of voice acting.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, I didn't know female Robin was so hated. That's a real shame. She's way better than the male Robin, imo.

It was a lot closer earlier, but I wouldn't call her hated. Male Robin just takes the cake.

43 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I don't like either of them.

I'm not sure that alts would work given the story. Plus that would mean a whole new set of voice acting.

Yeah, I don't really think alt versions will work due to the story.

44 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It was a lot closer earlier, but I wouldn't call her hated. Male Robin just takes the cake.

"people don't hate her, male Robin is just better."

Your own opinion is not fact. But judging by how much of a landslide male Robin is winning the second poll here, female Robin is definitely hated. Which is just sad. Is it because of all the Chrom x female Robin fangirls? That's just silly.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

"people don't hate her, male Robin is just better."

Your own opinion is not fact. But judging by how much of a landslide male Robin is winning the second poll here, female Robin is definitely hated. Which is just sad. Is it because of all the Chrom x female Robin fangirls? That's just silly.

It's single choice. Just because male Robin is more popular doesn't mean she's hated, it just means she's not as liked.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

I strongly agree with this and your previous post and that makes me dislike F!Corrin more, they are the same character!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, I didn't know female Robin was so hated. That's a real shame. She's way better than the male Robin, imo.

Also agree with this, I like F!Robin much more than the male one, (except for the Chrobin thing but M!Robin has the Robcina which I dislike even more) and it's unfair and sad that she still doesn't have an amiibo while both Corrin will have :/

5 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

Also agree with this, I like F!Robin much more than the male one, (except for the Chrobin thing but M!Robin has the Robcina which I dislike even more) and it's unfair and sad that she still doesn't have an amiibo while both Corrin will have :/

Yeah, why can't female Robin have an Amiibo? I'd totally buy it, especially if it was also compatible with Smash. In which case I'd sell off my male Robin right away.

9 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

I strongly agree with this and your previous post and that makes me dislike F!Corrin more, they are the same character!

So you don't like him because of one pairing (Which is probably one of the reasons he's as popular as he is. He's riding off of Lucina's popularity)?

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

So you don't like him because of one pairing (Which is probably one of the reasons he's as popular as he is. He's riding off of Lucina's popularity)?

By that logic, female Robin should be pretty popular too, as Chrom is popular and so is his pairing with Robin. Also, charmedx3 never said anything about a pairing being the only reason she doesn't like male Robin.

Just now, Anacybele said:

By that logic, female Robin should be pretty popular too, as Chrom is popular and so is his pairing with Robin. Also, charmedx3 never said anything about a pairing being the only reason she doesn't like male Robin.

She is popular as is Chrom, but Lucina is more so, but it appears that male Robin's fans are more the silent type.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, why can't female Robin have an Amiibo? I'd totally buy it, especially if it was also compatible with Smash. In which case I'd sell off my male Robin right away.

Yeah she deserves it, and i know people that would like her amiibo as well,I hope Nintendo is smart and release her as well as some other player 2 characters.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And yeah I really don't dislike him, just makes me tired seeing the pairing (and some others often) and also how he overshadows her since the release of the amiibo that she got shafted in Fates.

I like him but i like F!Robin waaaay more 

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hate is a very strong word for a poll.

I'd say it's because Female Robin doesn't have as large a fanbase as Male Robin.

Honestly, I'd probably like the female Robin a bit more if she was decidedly the physical attacker of the two. Male heroes being physical attackers and female heroes being magical attackers (especially if we're talking protagonist status) is a favorite in JRPGs and since Robin leans heavily on the magic side, I am decidedly more in favor of the main Robin being male than the opposite. (Plus, it made him and Lucina in Smash into a male sorcerer/female fighter duo which is cool and good!)

I am more mellow on male Corrin and female Corrin because they're both decidedly mixed with use for both physical and magic stuff.

EDIT: I do find it somewhat interesting though. If I'd only took the talk about the Robins (or the Smash Bros. fans), then I'd have believed that F!Robin was the more well-liked one and that M!Robin was liked but was in the minority, but if I take in other factors then it's pretty much the opposite of that.

Edited by Folt

Personally, I would prefer M!Robin, and I honestly expect M!Robin to balance the fact we got F!Corrin.

I have nothing against F!Robin, I just don't find her default design, the design that would be used, as nice compared to M!Robin's.

13 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

Yeah she deserves it, and i know people that would like her amiibo as well,I hope Nintendo is smart and release her as well as some other player 2 characters.

And yeah I really don't dislike him, just makes me tired seeing the pairing (and some others often) and also how he overshadows her since the release of the amiibo that she got shafted in Fates.

I like him but i like F!Robin waaaay more 

Well, I'm one of those dirty M!Robin and Lucina shippers.

11 minutes ago, Folt said:

Hate is a very strong word for a poll.

I'd say it's because Female Robin doesn't have as large a fanbase as Male Robin.

Honestly, I'd probably like the female Robin a bit more if she was decidedly the physical attacker of the two. Male heroes being physical attackers and female heroes being magical attackers (especially if we're talking protagonist status) is a favorite in JRPGs and since Robin leans heavily on the magic side, I am decidedly more in favor of the main Robin being male than the opposite. (Plus, it made him and Lucina in Smash into a male sorcerer/female fighter duo which is cool and good!)

I am more mellow on male Corrin and female Corrin because they're both decidedly mixed with use for both physical and magic stuff.

I prefer the more traditional build myself of the guy being more physical.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Well, I'm one of those dirty M!Robin and Lucina shippers.

I prefer the more traditional build myself of the guy being more physical.

I'm much more in favor of mages, especially since lightning magic is my favorite kind of JRPG magic. (Darkness and Earth in second and third, so if I got both Leo and Robin as playable characters in this game, I'd be pretty darn happy since Dark Magic in Fire Emblem also seem to include earth as well.)

18 minutes ago, Folt said:

I'm much more in favor of mages, especially since lightning magic is my favorite kind of JRPG magic. (Darkness and Earth in second and third, so if I got both Leo and Robin as playable characters in this game, I'd be pretty darn happy since Dark Magic in Fire Emblem also seem to include earth as well.)

Dont get me wrong, I like lightning magic. I actually headcanon male Robin to lightning and female Robin to wind since that's what they hold on their Smash art.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Dont get me wrong, I like lightning magic. I actually headcanon male Robin to lightning and female Robin to wind since that's what they hold on their Smash art.

Hehe.

It's a bit hard for me to picture that for Smash since Robin essentially brings the entire Thunder line of spells while only a couple of the other magic elements.

Heroes does help your headcanon though.

4 minutes ago, Folt said:

Hehe.

It's a bit hard for me to picture that for Smash since Robin essentially brings the entire Thunder line of spells while only a couple of the other magic elements.

Heroes does help your headcanon though.

Yeah, its more so I imagine that is their preferences.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, its more so I imagine that is their preferences.

Hm... I think Merric would be more ideal in terms of getting ourselves a wind mage, being the original Excalibur wielder and all.

4 minutes ago, Folt said:

Hm... I think Merric would be more ideal in terms of getting ourselves a wind mage, being the original Excalibur wielder and all.

Yeah, I just meant in general as my own headcanon (and Heroes apparently).

Edited by Arthur97

I really hope it's Male Robin. I'm kind of tired of the female always being the mage. I would prefer a male mage for a change. A male mage that isn't a little kid. Also, I'm rather disappointed that Female Corrin instead of Male Corrin. Mostly because I'm also tired of female Manaketes. Can't we have a male one for a change? Even in Heroes, it's Female Corrin who transforms into a dragon. Another problem of mine with Female Corrin is the fact that in games in general the water elemental character is almost always female. A male water elemental character would be nice for a change.