What remaining characters will be added?

Thany

So, so far we have 7 swordsmen available right off the bat. with one doing dragon attacks for part of her moves. now the question is what other characters do they add now to the game?

On the fates side. I dont know if they will add all the hoshidan/norian nobles or even a majority of their retainers. I could safely think hinoka and Camila could appear, as well as leo and takumi. and while it would be a few more sword users. Laslow, Selena, and odin could appear as well. mabey even Axe Garon.

Awakening could go for a mix of sword and tomes with robin because of his class. Id imagine a majority of characters would ether focus on the lance and tome group here, just for more weapon diversity, perhaps even a few axes. as well as vladier.

Shadow dragon Im not to sure on, there could be more fliers and a few armors, Navarre would probably be one of the characters next to Cadea. Id imagine most of the characters here would be ones that got personal legendary weapons themselves. (as well as tiki) and i can see Camus being in there to.

What do you guys think? what choices do you think they will make with characters being added? I see only a few more swordsmen, But mostly alot of variety.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could totally see Ike, Roy, Alm, and Celica getting in through ambiio support, at the very least, then maybe add others through DLC.

Would totally love to play as either Hector or Ephraim, who aren't sword lords btw IS. I cant get over how BS that excuse was. Especially when most characters that are already in the game all use swords, ugh.

Edited by Elincia

heh. I find it funny people are talking about lords from other games when i was expecting them to talk about the characters from the main series the game is using XD

12 minutes ago, Thany said:

heh. I find it funny people are talking about lords from other games when i was expecting them to talk about the characters from the main series the game is using XD

Some people are still bitter.

I think some of the beginning party of FE1/SD have a decent shot of appearing.

Caeda covers pegasus knight, Cain for another sword cavalry, Abel and/or Jagen covers lance cavalry, Gordin fills in archer, Draug fills armor.

Aside from them, if Tiki's amiibo is anything to go by we may be seeing her.  Merric is a suitable candidate for implementing wind based mage or Linde for a focus on light/lightning/resire/aura/starlight-or-whatever.

Still going off of my original predictions of a total count of 26 characters.

However, one thing that caught my eye is the Equipment screen. Ryoma has the Raiginto equipped and has 3 Vulnaries, and I wonder if this may lead to to the same character wielding different weapons (such as F!Corrin wielding her Yato or a Dragonstone), or if it follows the traditional formula of "generic weapons" with the character specific being unlocked later in the game.

My 26 character list is placed below for reference, reflecting the update that Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma are now confirmed.

Spoiler

[8] Swords: Shion, LianDarios (Warrior OCs), Marth, Chrom, Xander, Ryoma, F!Corrin
- Lucina is not listed as a Sword despite that being her iconic weapon. If the roster is trimmed down and the Weapon Triangle made to be important, I think she will use Lances instead.

[4] Axes: Walhart, Camilla, Arthur, Rinkah
- Archaena does not have any Axes because none of them are memorable.

[4] Lances: Camus, Caeda, Lucina, Azura

[4] Magic: Gharnef, Linde, Tharja, Robin

[4] Bows: Takumi, Jeorge, Virion, Selena

[2] Unknown: Original Villain, Original Something

Mounted Units: Xander, Walhart, Camus, Selena
Flying Units: Camilla, Caeda (No Sword or Bow Flier, assuming Caeda using the Wing Spear.)

Warriors: 5
Archaena: 6
Awakening: 6
Fates: 9 (4 Nohr, 3 Hoshido, 2 Revelations)

Bonus 4: Kellam (Awakening Lance Armor), Orochi (Fates Hoshido Magic Spirit Thing), Julian (Thief), Lena (Healer)

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

And understandably so. How would you like it if Awakening had been left out like that?

It honestly feels sort of like a fuck you to older fans that love the older titles other than Archanea. Even if a lot of those lords DO wield swords.

However, since they said it would GENERALLY be Archanea, Awakening, and Fates, and not actually ONLY those three, there's some hope for Ike, Ephraim, and some others, DLC or not.

My biggest hope other than Ike is Frederick though! He's my favorite FE character not named Ike and after how awesome horse combat looked...yeah. :P

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And understandably so. How would you like it if Awakening had been left out like that?

It honestly feels sort of like a fuck you to older fans that love the older titles other than Archanea. Even if a lot of those lords DO wield swords.

However, since they said it would GENERALLY be Archanea, Awakening, and Fates, and not actually ONLY those three, there's some hope for Ike, Ephraim, and some others, DLC or not.

My biggest hope other than Ike is Frederick though! He's my favorite FE character not named Ike and after how awesome horse combat looked...yeah. :P

I really hope Frederick is in too! 

He would be a great addition as an axe cavalry unit :D we need more axes in every form so :p 

Walhart, Hardin, Garon.

The trinity of badass murder machines.

Also Azura I guess.

39 minutes ago, Sire said:

However, one thing that caught my eye is the Equipment screen. Ryoma has the Raiginto equipped and has 3 Vulnaries, and I wonder if this may lead to to the same character wielding different weapons (such as F!Corrin wielding her Yato or a Dragonstone), or if it follows the traditional formula of "generic weapons" with the character specific being unlocked later in the game.

An interesting detail I noticed is that Chrom was shown to swap to a rapier in the middle of combat.

Meaning it is more than likely that you can bring multiple weapons that serve different purposes to each map.

1 hour ago, Thany said:

The levels of salt for this are just absurd at this point.

Not helped at all by the terrible idea of not doing any kind of a 'Surprise' reveal during the E3 trailer. They could have shown off ANY of the villains except Gangrel and we'd have a non-sword user that we can say is in the game for sure. I can only hope we get character reveal trailers for villains soon or this is going to go off the rails quick.

Lucina and Ogma for Swords

Takumi and Jeorge for Archers.

Draug and Effie for Knights

Leo, Frederick and Jagen for Horses (Magic, Axes, and Lances respectively)

Caeda, Cordelia and Hinoka for Pegasi

Camilla and Minerva for Dragons

Gaius and Felicia for Daggers?

Barst and Basilio for Axes

Oboro and Azura for Lances

Robin, Merric and Linde for Magic

This would make 7 Awakenings, 10 Shadow Dragons, 11 Fates (if my counting is right). This would be my ideal cast, anyway.

6 minutes ago, DaloDask said:

The levels of salt for this are just absurd at this point.

Not helped at all by the terrible idea of not doing any kind of a 'Surprise' reveal during the E3 trailer. They could have shown off ANY of the villains except Gangrel and we'd have a non-sword user that we can say is in the game for sure. I can only hope we get character reveal trailers for villains soon or this is going to go off the rails quick.

Its already gone off the rails

I saw people running off with the idea that what we saw today was the final roster.  Good grief.

Anyway, I am not very familiar with Awakening or Shadow Dragon so I can't really contribute much as I would like. I do believe that all the sword users we seen already may be all we get in that area (aside from Lucina probably). But a lot of unexpected choices had been made before, so I not sure what predictions I could make.

34 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

I really hope Frederick is in too! 

He would be a great addition as an axe cavalry unit :D we need more axes in every form so :p 

Agreed! It'd also be funny because in his home game he leans more toward lances, yet in both this game and in Heroes, he'd be an axe guy. :P

Im liking these ideas on character names im reading. So far i find it interesting that people will think Fates would have the bigger roster in the end.

I still hope to see them implement a healer for combat. Since they can pretty much use anything in a warriors game.

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

Im liking these ideas on character names im reading. So far i find it interesting that people will think Fates would have the bigger roster in the end.

I still hope to see them implement a healer for combat. Since they can pretty much use anything in a warriors game.

Since they don't count Gaiden they missed the opportunity of having a fighting healer. Imagine Silque or Genny killing a horde of dudes with lolferatu.

36 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Lucina and Ogma for Swords

Takumi and Jeorge for Archers.

Draug and Effie for Knights

Leo, Frederick and Jagen for Horses (Magic, Axes, and Lances respectively)

Caeda, Cordelia and Hinoka for Pegasi

Camilla and Minerva for Dragons

Gaius and Felicia for Daggers?

Barst and Basilio for Axes

Oboro and Azura for Lances

Robin, Merric and Linde for Magic

This would make 7 Awakenings, 10 Shadow Dragons, 11 Fates (if my counting is right). This would be my ideal cast, anyway.

I like this.

28 minutes ago, Blade_of_Light said:

Its already gone off the rails

I saw people running off with the idea that what we saw today was the final roster.  Good grief.

Anyway, I am not very familiar with Awakening or Shadow Dragon so I can't really contribute much as I would like. I do believe that all the sword users we seen already may be all we get in that area (aside from Lucina probably). But a lot of unexpected choices had been made before, so I not sure what predictions I could make.

They really thought the final roster was 7 characters?

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I saw some say that on some youtube videos..... These guys REALLY dont know what a warriors game is I take it XD

24 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I like this.

Oh yes. There is pessimism and then there's......well.....that.....I am honestly not sure what it is.

I almost wanted to make a Gamefaqs/reddit account just to correct all of them.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

Honestly, I'm gonna hold off on making prediction lists.  I've already done my share of lists, and the E3/Treehouse hardly changed my predictions as of yet.

10 minutes ago, Thany said:

I think it's kind of unavoidable, since it has so many characters.  I'm placing my bets that they'll either do most royals and one retainer for each, or they'll just do every royal and save the others for DLC.  I highly doubt it'll be like how you said, where you had three Nohrian retainers (the Awakening Trio) but no Hoshidan retainers.  That would make the Fates segment of the story feel very odd, and leave BR fans feeling cheated.  Heck, even the Conquest fans might feel cheated if it's specifically those three.  Except Laslow, 'cuz he's the best in Fates.

47 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

This list seems agreeable enough.  Though is there a reason you omitted Tharja?

They will probably add some axe, mage and lance heroes. I really hope they slide in Sigurd and give him some current relevance.
I think they will add Alm and Celica already in the game or at least DLC. Eliwood and Hector could also use some screen time. If they wanted to pander to smash fans then Ike and Roy.
Now if they are going to be adding more than protagonist characters...that opens up a ton of possibilities. They will most likely just release iconic or fan favorites. I expect more awakening characters than Fates.

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

And they shouldn't be? Nintendo should be aware of the segregation in the community and yet the third party developers continue to pander towards only one side of the fanbase. 

Edit: Only focusing on Awakening/Fates/Shadow Dragon, I think the following characters are likely:

Archanea: Marth, Tiki, Caeda, Minerva, Camus

Ylisse: Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Tharja, Gaius, Cordelia, Anna

Fates: CorrinRyoma, Xander, Takumi, Leo, Camilla, Hinoka, Elise, Sakura, Azura, Felicia

Edited by SlipperySlippy

57 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Though is there a reason you omitted Tharja?

Not particularly, I just missed her. I think she has a good chance too, then there'd be 4 mages, one with a Sword gimmick, one for Dark, one for Wind and one for Light.

"there are too many sword users"
"but where is ike/lyn/roy/zigludo"
20/20 fanbase would pander to poorly again

I'm feeling this:

Spoiler
  1. Rowan
  2. Lianna
  3. OC Filler
  4. OC Filler

5. Marth (Sword Infantry w/Falchion)
  6. Caeda (Lance Flier w/Wing Spear)
  7. Merric (Wind Mage w/Excalibur)
  8. Linde (Light Mage w/Aura)
  9. Wrys (Staff w/Memes; alternatively Axe Infantry)
  10. Tiki (Dragonstone)
  11. Camus (Lance Cavalry w/Gradivus); can be substituted for Hardin, which loses the Lance Cavalry but adds a Lance Armor.

12. Chrom (see Marth)
  13. Lucina (see Marth)
  14. Robin-M (Thunder Mage w/Thoron)
  15. Tharja (Dark Mage w/Nosferatu)
  16. Anna (She can have anything and it would make sense honestly)
  17. Walhart (Axe Cavalry w/Wolf Berg)

18. Corrin-F (Sword Infantry w/Not Falchion)
  19. Ryoma (Sword Infantry w/Raijinto)
  20. Xander (Sword Cavalry w/Siegfried)
  21. Camilla (Axe Flier)
  22. Takumi (Bow Infantry w/Fujin Yumi)
  23. Azura (Lance Infantry)
  24. Felicia (token meido)
  25. Garon (Axe Armor w/Bolverk)

This results in a relatively even split between Archanea, Awakening, and Fates (7/6/8; Archanea gets a bit more than Awakening because it's the token 'old game', while Fates gets the most because they're still pretending it's two games), and manages to have a decent amount of variety while still focusing primarily on popularity and importance. Specifically, we have:

• One character with every Magic type except Fire, which could be covered through DLC containing either Celica (likely) or Katarina (less likely, but plausible.)
  • One Cavalry unit for the three physical weapon types (Camus/Lance, Xander/Sword, and Walhart/Axe) as well as one Flying unit for at least two of them (Sword or Lance/Caeda, Axe/Camilla). Going with Lances for Caeda leaves convenient room for Elincia DLC; but giving her Swords means they can fit in Cordelia, which may be more likely. We also have at least one Lance Infantry, Axe Infantry, and Bow Infantry.
  • A shortage of Armor Knights that I admittedly struggle to make up for since they're routinely underwhelming pretty much series-wide. Arden and Kellam are memes, Sheena may be the token "FE3-original character" going by Heroes, and Lukas seems relatively well-liked due to his velvety soft voice, but really the only other thing I can think of here is HUGE Amelia and that's from what's probably the most disposable continuity.
  • No additional Sword users except Lucina and perhaps Anna, who are both entirely fair.
  • A shortage of more unique classes like Ballistician, Regional Furry, and Ninja. Resolving this is not particularly easy due to the relative rarity and unpopularity of befitting characters.
  • One villain per continuity. Generally tried to choose the one that adds the most to gameplay: Garon provides a handy Axe Armor and Walhart not only makes the most sense thematically (he's supposed to be a Chrom parallel) but gives us a semi-rare (compared to Validar or Gangrel, anyhow) Axe Cavalry. Camus and Hardin are both excellent choices for Archanea, and they both add a mildly uncommon role (Lance Cavalry and Lance Armor) with the same weapon. Could have either or both; they're competing with Michalis and Gharnef, who are also viable, but nobody likes Gharnef and Michalis doesn't feel quite on par with the previous two.)

I'm still not totally satisfied with this, but I think it's as good as I can realistically get while picking only 21 characters from a cast of roughly 200. Probably the most glaring omissions are Cordelia, Elise, Leo, Owain, Severa, and Michalis, but... there's just not enough room. I honestly can't blame them for limiting it to three continuities (besides the sword OCs hahaha screw them) because three is already giving me too many characters to choose from.

Edited by Iridium

7 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

And they shouldn't be? Nintendo should be aware of the segregation in the community and yet the third party developers continue to pander towards only one side of the fanbase. 

Edit: Only focusing on Awakening/Fates/Shadow Dragon, I think the following characters are likely:

Archanea: Marth, Tiki, Caeda, Minerva, Camus

Ylisse: Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Tharja, Gaius, Cordelia, Anna

Fates: CorrinRyoma, Xander, Takumi, Leo, Camilla, Hinoka, Elise, Sakura, Azura, Felicia

Well, majority of fans really like Awakening and/or Fates. To appeal to them is to appeal to more fans. It's a very small (if not vocal) minority that just despise those games. Still, if you're bitter, then why do you keep coming here to rain on people's parades?