What remaining characters will be added?

Thany

Tricky question. They emphasized once again that the weapon triangle gimmick will be a big deal and that there will be a variety of weapon types and it won't be dominated by swords. With a possible roster size of 29-30, swords are already taking nearly a third of that roster.

With that out of the way...how about this:

Shadow Dragon: Marth, Tiki, Caeda, Draug, Gordin/Jeorge, Jake, Gharnef, Merric/Wendell, Wrys (joke character), Minerva, Camus/Hardin/Lorenz

Awakening: Chrom, Walhart, Tharja, Virion, Cervantes/Gangrel/Aversa/Validar, Frederick.

Fates: Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Takumi, Rinkah (oni theme complete with clubs), Arthur (joke character), Odin (in full chuuni mode complete with magical chuuni swords for some attacks), Garon, Leo, Camilla, Sakura, Izana (he's actually perfect for this), Mr. Fuga. 

As for others, I could see Athena making it in despite swords being rather...over saturated at the moment. Her unique appearance and particular way of speaking could actually help her get in. No MotE characters such as Sheena or Emperor Hardin due to the 3 game focus. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodness me. What is with people giving awakening the lowest character amount? Do they just not have that many memorable characters dispite saving the franchise? XD

13 minutes ago, Thany said:

Goodness me. What is with people giving awakening the lowest character amount? Do they just not have that many memorable characters dispite saving the franchise? XD

They also have the lowest cast size.

My Heroes percentage table lists the size of the 'pool' of units to choose from, and from memory, Awakening has somewhere in the 50s while Archanea and Fates have 80s apiece. This is why Awakening has the second highest portion of its cast in Heroes despite having 18 to Archanea and Elibe's high 20s.

Less mathy version: there are less Awakening characters to choose from relative to other casts.

45 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

They also have the lowest cast size.

My Heroes percentage table lists the size of the 'pool' of units to choose from, and from memory, Awakening has somewhere in the 50s while Archanea and Fates have 80s apiece. This is why Awakening has the second highest portion of its cast in Heroes despite having 18 to Archanea and Elibe's high 20s.

Less mathy version: there are less Awakening characters to choose from relative to other casts.

Maybe, but most of them are more memorable than anything in SD. It simply had too many with too little interaction. Outside of a few outliers (Marth, Caeda, Merric, and Linde for example), SD had a pretty "meh" cast.

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Agreed! It'd also be funny because in his home game he leans more toward lances, yet in both this game and in Heroes, he'd be an axe guy. :P

Ups I forgot about his lances in Awakening :p yeah either Lance or axe paladin would be awesome! I can't wait to see more reveals.

On topic I think they might add besides the ones revealed

Archanea: Caeda, Minerva, Camus, Tiki, maybe Hardin Merric Linde and someone of the Pegasus sisters

Awakening: Frederick, both Robins one as a skin, Tharja, Cordelia, Gaius, Lucina, Aversa maybe the Awakening trio (hopefully with their Awakening versions because I liked them better here than in Fates, and it would be fun if they have supports with the Fates royals and say that they look like their retainers, so we can keep the multiuniverse thing).

Fates: Takumi, Leo, Camilla, Azura, I'm not sure about the Hoshidan sisters since they aren't super popular, and I don't know who else since I don't pay too much attention to Fates.

Others: Ike, Roy, Lyn, Hector 

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Maybe, but most of them are more memorable than anything in SD. It simply had too many with too little interaction. Outside of a few outliers (Marth, Caeda, Merric, and Linde for example), SD had a pretty "meh" cast.

I disagree. I like Minerva, Michalis, and Abel more than much of the Awakening cast. And I didn't even play SD. What I know of them only comes from Heroes and wikis and stuff. However, I will agree that SD could've had better interactions.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. I like Minerva, Michalis, and Abel more than much of the Awakening cast. And I didn't even play SD. What I know of them only comes from Heroes and wikis and stuff. However, I will agree that SD could've had better interactions.

They are some of the outliers, but most of the cast I could not name with a gun to my head.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

They are some of the outliers, but most of the cast I could not name with a gun to my head.

Have you played SD? If not, then that's probably why.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I have indeed.

Strange, I can name plenty of the cast and I barely played it. Marth, Elice, Caeda, Minerva, Merric, Cain, Abel, Palla, Catria, Est, Draug, Barst, Ogma, Navarre, Gordin, Jeorge, Michalis, Maria, Wrys, Linde, Medeus... Though this is mainly due to Heroes.

Edited by Anacybele

I guess I'll post my list. I chose 14 characters from each game, 1 of which is a non-playable big boss.

Shadow Dragon:

Marth, Shiida, Jeigan, Cain/Abel, Draug, Gordin, Navarre, Merric, Minerva, Linde, Tiki, Camus, Gharnef, Medus (As a boss, not playable)

Awakening:

Chrom, Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Virion, Donnel, Lon'qu, Gaius, Cordelia, Tharja, Anna, Gangrel, Validar, Grima (As a boos, not playable)

Fates:

Corrin, Azura, Ryoma, Takumi, Kaze, Mozu, Rinkah, Xander, Camilla, Odin, Selena, Laslow, Garon, Anankos (As a boss, not playable)

Also @Anacybele and @Arthur97 could you guys please stop before you guys escalate into an argument.

3 hours ago, Thany said:

let's look at awakening's popular characters

• Chrom: Sword-user
  • Lucina: Sword-user
  • Robin: Sword-user (technically)
  • Owain: Sword-user
  • Gaius: Sword-user
  • Lon'qu: Sword-user
  • Inigo: Sword-user
  • Severa: Sword-user
  • Olivia: Sword-user
  • Morgan: Sword-user (technically)
  • Tharja: Foregone conclusion
  • Cordelia, Virion: Reasonable choices with stiff competition from Caeda and Takumi
  • Cherche: Competes with Minerva, Michalis, and Camilla
  • Lissa: Competes with Wrys, Elise, and Sakura; potentially also Felicia, Flora, Jakob
  • Nowi: Nah

let's not look at awakening's popular characters

13 minutes ago, Iridium said:

• Cordelia, Virion: Reasonable choices with stiff competition from Caeda and Takumi
  • Lissa: Competes with Wrys, Elise, and Sakura; potentially also Felicia, Flora, Jakob

I think it's more likely that we might get the Fates versions of the Awakening child trio. Robin by this point is much like Celica: More associated with magic than with the sword.

Actually, with Staves not being a weapon slot, Lissa could technically go the War Cleric path and go full-on NUNSWITHAXES! Which could potentially make her the best Bolt Axe wielder.

Edited by Folt

17 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Gaius would be more of a knife/dagger user in all likelihood. Morgan can also mix in magic if they make Robin magic only or mostly but equipment may rule out hybrid movesets.

Edited by Arthur97

5 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, majority of fans really like Awakening and/or Fates. To appeal to them is to appeal to more fans. It's a very small (if not vocal) minority that just despise those games. Still, if you're bitter, then why do you keep coming here to rain on people's parades?

I genuinely don't care if you like Awakening/Fates. Everyone has the right to like, prefer and dislike what they want. I also wasn't (trying) 'raning on peoples parade'. Yes, Awakening and Fats has the most fans. That doesn't mean they should ignore the faithful fans that have stayed throughout multiple entries which is evident from Echoes sales that only a particular audience of FE fans will play the games that adopt a different approach from the 3DS classics.

Ideally, Nintendo should work to appease both subsections of their fanbase with different set games. Some games focusing on marriage, children, avatars and the like, whils the other focusing on more classical elements instead. I also disagree with you labelling them a small, yet vocal minority. I am not part of this 'vocal minority' (I despise Awakening, but enjoy Fates). Regardless of whether something is a majority or minority, you shouldn't invalidate their opinions by labelling them as 'haters' or the like.

4 hours ago, Thany said:

As someone who extremely dislikes Awakening's cast, I think they're the complete opposite of unmemorable. 

With that said, I would provide Fates with the most slots smply due to having the most lords. Awakening has Chrom, Lucina and Robin as guarantees due to story. I suppose the closest after that would be Gangrel and then maybe Lissa? Frederick plays a similar role to Jeigan/Titania/etc, so he has a fair chance but no one really focuses on the 'advisor' type roles. 

Edited by SlipperySlippy

16 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I genuinely don't care if you like Awakening/Fates. Everyone has the right to like, prefer and dislike what they want. I also wasn't (trying) 'raning on peoples parade'. Yes, Awakening and Fats has the most fans. That doesn't mean they should ignore the faithful fans that have stayed throughout multiple entries which is evident from Echoes sales that only a particular audience of FE fans will play the games that adopt a different approach from the 3DS classics.

Ideally, Nintendo should work to appease both subsections of their fanbase with different set games. Some games focusing on marriage, children, avatars and the like, whils the other focusing on more classical elements instead. I also disagree with you labelling them a small, yet vocal minority. I am not part of this 'vocal minority' (I despise Awakening, but enjoy Fates). Regardless of whether something is a majority or minority, you shouldn't invalidate their opinions by labelling them as 'haters' or the like.

As someone who extremely dislikes Awakening's cast, I think they're the complete opposite of unmemorable. 

With that said, I would provide Fates with the most slots smply due to having the most lords. Awakening has Chrom, Lucina and Robin as guarantees due to story. I suppose the closest after that would be Gangrel and then maybe Lissa? Frederick plays a similar role to Jeigan/Titania/etc, so he has a fair chance but no one really focuses on the 'advisor' type roles. 

People have the right to vocalize dislike and say you despise something. But others also have the right to tell them to leave or classify them as being bitter and a killjoy.

Considering how just the thread of reply tweets from the announcement have a bunch of "where the hell is Ike this game is shit" type toxicity... People who are actually looking forward to the game don't have any obligation to give that type of criticism the time of day.

This is not directed towards you, but toward the attitude in general with FE Musou.

It is as simple as nit buying the game.

Edited by shadowofchaos

15 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Some people are still bitter.

You should see the Reddit. I am kind of done over there for a few months, they are acting like Team Ninja just slaughtered their childhood. No amount of me explaining why the decision was made, why it makes sense, and what would happen if they did the reverse does anything. They still act like all we are getting are sword wielding Fates and Awakening characters. Its pretty bad over there, makes some of the people complaining here look like they are praising Team Ninja for what they did.

Edited by Tolvir

26 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Money. It's a business and they can't appeal to everyone so it's best to go with whoever will bet you the most money.

If you don't like it, don't buy it and leave those of us who do like it alone.

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

You should see the Reddit. I am kind of done over there for a few months, they are acting like Team Ninja just slaughtered their childhood. No amount of me explaining why the decision was made, why it makes sense, and what would happen if they did the reverse does anything. They still act like all we are getting are sword wielding Fates and Awakening characters. Its pretty bad over there, makes some of the people complaining here look like they are praising Team Ninja for what they did.

Logic is a dying art it would seem.

1 hour ago, I'm a Spheal said:

I think they'll do the typical picks like: Camilla, Tharja, Virion, Takumi, Caeda, Tiki (Young), Leo, etc... But after seeing gameplay footage, I really want Henry and Peri in this.

I would love Peri in this. Her character itself was so bad, but gameplay wise I always used her. She was a great unit, and ance Fighter Peri was a beast too, so I would love to play as her in Warriors. Hopefully I will get the chance.

I am kind of hoping we dont get all the Fates royals in order to leave room for others. There are just so many of them, 6 to be exact not including Corrin and Azura, that it doesnt leave much room for many other Fates characters that are non lord. I think Elise and Sakura should be left out, since they are only healers in their base class with no weapon skill until promotion.

Edited by Tolvir

5 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Still waiting for Goku to be added...

In all seriousness, I'll go cry in a corner until someone not from Fates or Awakening is added.

Marth, you can stop crying now.

44 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

People have the right to vocalize dislike and say you despise something. But others also have the right to tell them to leave or classify them as being bitter and a killjoy.

Yes, I never said otherwise. If people are unhappy with the trend of fans disliking the game, feel free to say so. The implications behind labelling someone as a 'killjoy' implies they don't want others to enjoy the game, which isn't implicated by voicing distaste about poor design decisions.

29 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Money. It's a business and they can't appeal to everyone so it's best to go with whoever will bet you the most money.

If you don't like it, don't buy it and leave those of us who do like it alone.

If the main focus was money, they wouldn't exclude the two most popular characters in the series, Lyn and Ike. Also it's a public forum and the decision was not only a poor implementation that segregates the community, it was justified with an extremely poor excuse.

6 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Yes, I never said otherwise. If people are unhappy with the trend of fans disliking the game, feel free to say so. The implications behind labelling someone as a 'killjoy' implies they don't want others to enjoy the game, which isn't implicated by voicing distaste about poor design decisions.

If the main focus was money, they wouldn't exclude the two most popular characters in the series, Lyn and Ike. Also it's a public forum and the decision was not only a poor implementation that segregates the community, it was justified with an extremely poor excuse.

You realize that poll is unreliable right? Besides including them means other characters freedom their games which causes problems.