Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

There'll no longer be 20 orbs? Well my interest just plummeted to 0. :V I'll be Team Sakura, then team "whoever is winning" if Sakura strikes out.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, this is a bit of tough one for me, since up until now, my favourite characters were underdogs anyway. But now, Elise is actually the favourite, which means joining her team from the start would mean less feathers.

Then again, I'm not sure Elise is that much more popular then Sakura and Lissa, and she'll have to go through both of them to win this thing. Guess I'll join the cavalry squad anyway, since Elise winning is more important then my feathers.

1 hour ago, Otorio said:

Oh dear, is that multiplier back? Well, let's see how it works out this time.

Team Elise users, feel free to friend me for the gauntlet. I'd like to have some guaranteed cavalry units to abuse.

Otorio

FC: 0701619214

46 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

While I love Sakura about as much as Elise, my Nohr / Conquest bias demands for me to go Team Elise and so I will. Fellow Team Elise peeps, feel free to friend me (0085075948) if you so choose. I can provide my 5* Camus or Eldigan w/Hone Cavalry for fun Horse Emblem shenanigans. 

Added. If other people want to add me, my fc is 9221424579. I can put either Camus or Reinhardt as my lead.

I'll return from my week vacation on the very last day of the gauntlet. I guess I'll go with Elise then for the quick feathers. She seems like the clear victor of this round about unless Japan can pull through their Sakura fetish.

...Oh, wow, they are all little sisters.

If Lissa and Lachesis were switched, Block A would have all the clerics with big sisters, and Block B would have no big sisters. All of them have big brothers.

The banners for this gauntlet are so bad with having only colorless focus units. My guess is that the will make the least amount of money of any previous banner by far.

No Genny for Wrathful Staff also sucks. Just having her in one of the banners would have made a lot more people bust out their wallets.

The increasing multiplier is worse than the straight up 3x multiplier. It really is going to end up being a completely random outcome for some of the match-ups.

I feel like Elise and Sakura are the top 2 candidates with Mist being a potential dark horse, and Lissa potentially as well because everyone has her.

No Genny and no Wrys. This gauntlet is worthless garbage to me. I guess I'll join Team Sakura and use that as an excuse to train up a Xander and use him to kill many Elises. 

31 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

The banners for this gauntlet are so bad with having only colorless focus units. My guess is that the will make the least amount of money of any previous banner by far.

No Genny for Wrathful Staff also sucks. Just having her in one of the banners would have made a lot more people bust out their wallets.

The increasing multiplier is worse than the straight up 3x multiplier. It really is going to end up being a completely random outcome for some of the match-ups.

I feel like Elise and Sakura are the top 2 candidates with Mist being a potential dark horse, and Lissa potentially as well because everyone has her.

I think people are overestimating the effect of the new multiplier mechanic. It didn't really do anything in the last gauntlet, and it probably won't do anything here either, apart from giving the losing team the idea that they have a chance.

Honestly, I don't really get why Genny and Wrys weren't included. Wrys would make for a good dark horse, because of his meme status, and adding Genny would mean a lot more people are going to pull from the banner for Wrathful Staff. It'll probably still be the most intresting Gauntlet, but Wrys could have made things even more intresting.

Since the match ups for the first round were aparently announced:

• Elise vs Sakura: seems like the battle between the titans right from the start, as they might very well be the two most popular characters in this gauntlet. I think Elise can win this one, but Sakura's better availability, popularity in Japan and that one guy teaching people how to win with a full Sakura team might make this quite the challenge. Lets see if he can also stop horse emblem. The winner of this matchup is pretty much assured of a place in the finals.
  • Maria vs Lachesis: I'm guessing Maria will win because her games are a lot more popular, but with Lachesis being more popular in her game then Maria is in hers, she might still have a good chance. It could be a very intresting matchup, but the winner is going to get steam rolled anyway.
  • Mist vs Lissa: As much as I like Mist, this one is going to be a steam roll for Lissa. Probably the least popular character of block B against the most polpular one. Pretty much the most boring match of the first round.
  • Clarine vs Priscilla: We went from zero Elibe characters in the last three gauntlets to two in this one? I'll take it! I'm pretty sure this round will go to Priscilla, since her game was actually released in the west and her type of character is generally more popular in Japan. The Elibe hype might give the winner a chance against Lissa, which would make for a pretty great upset.

So yeah, block A is gonna be very intresting in the first round, while being a lot more boring in the second one, while block B is going to have a more boring first round, but could have a very intresting second round. I think the finals might even be a close one as well, but it might also be as boring as before. Guess we'll find out.

So, what do other people predict out of these match ups? Will Elibe score a win in their first appearance in a gauntlet? Will Lissa get revenge for her brother by winning a close match up in the finals? Or will Elise just steam roll this gauntlet with her cavalry army?

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I think people are overestimating the effect of the new multiplier mechanic. It didn't really do anything in the last gauntlet, and it probably won't do anything here either, apart from giving the losing team the idea that they have a chance.

Robin would have won the last gauntlet if this new mechanic were used there. And that was for the final round. If a match-up is even remotely close, a bonus in the last couple hours would pretty much guarantee upsets to occur.

I like the bonuses for maximizing my score, but I don't like it when  things are won on random chance.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Robin would have won the last gauntlet if this new mechanic were used there. And that was for the final round. If a match-up is even remotely close, a bonus in the last couple hours would pretty much guarantee upsets to occur.

I like the bonuses for maximizing my score, but I don't like it when  things are won on random chance.

I'm not so sure Robin would have won with this mechanic. I don't think he got the multiplier for multiple hours in a row anyway, so he wouldn't even benefit from it. Unless I'm completly missunderstanding the changes, you need to be losing for several hours in a row to get to a multiplier of 7.5, which rarely happened in the last gauntlet.

Just now, Bartozio said:

I'm not so sure Robin would have won with this mechanic. I don't think he got the multiplier for multiple hours in a row anyway, so he wouldn't even benefit from it. Unless I'm completly missunderstanding the changes, you need to be losing for several hours in a row to get to a multiplier of 7.5, which rarely happened in the last gauntlet.

You are missunderstanding the mechanic. Every hour that ticks down adds .1 to the multiplier. So in the final hour, it adds 45 x .1 = 4.5 to the base multiplier of 3 which is 7.5x in the final hour. With 5 hours left the multiplier would be 7x etc...

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

You are missunderstanding the mechanic. Every hour that ticks down adds .1 to the multiplier. So in the final hour, it adds 45 x .1 = 4.5 to the base multiplier of 3 which is 7.5x in the final hour. With 5 hours left the multiplier would be 7x etc...

Ah, that explains it. Damn, that sounds pretty broken...

I'll support Lachesis first, then either Elise/Sakura. However, Sakura's hurt portrait breaks my heart so I'll probably be more inclined to support her, poor thing.

8 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Ah, that explains it. Damn, that sounds pretty broken...

I know right? It's like they want the winner to be completely based on luck.

I have every healer in the gauntlet so I will probably go with Maria or Lachesis in round 1 and the winner of that match-up in round 2, where they should lose to Elise or Sakura. Then for the final round I will go with Elise or Sakura.

If I wasn't trying to maximize feather gains, and I picked a character based on how much I liked them, I would go with Elise all the way. Lissa being my 2nd favorite in the gauntlet.

Edited by Hawk King

Sigh wasn't able to pull either Mist or Maria still, and they are at the top for candidates I want to support this gauntlet.  Also no Serra featured as well.

I think Clarine is gonna get my vote this round.

This gauntlet should be renamed "War of the Imoutos"

Literally all of these characters are little sisters, the three male healers in the game all got left out!

Anyway, definitely team Elise since I'm a little annoyed at Sakura for showing up three times.

I haven't seen much negativity (mainly because I haven't been looking at comments about the gauntlet) but even so, I think from this gauntlet onwards I'll stay away from most gauntlet opinions, other than the threads on SF when it's going on, because seeing constant negativity and insane salt about an "obvious winner" just kills the mood for me.

In any case, I've had Sakura since the very start of Heroes, so I'll be going with her. Hell, I like her a lot, so I probably would have gone with her, anyway, even if I didn't have her.

Got Sakura from a summoning on my first try, I was wanting Elise though, but whatever I was wanting Sakura eventually as well. Dang they're pinning Elise and Sakura against each other in the first round?! That's crazy, those two are probably the most popular. The voting gauntlet will undoubtedly end with one of them winning, I'm going for Team Elise.