Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lmao that's literally the only weapon I have yet to touch in X. Played it in 4U, couldn't deal with the sorry state it was left in in X. The fact that I couldn't play online also contributed.

But I applaud your sister for dealing with it.

The only complaint my sister had in X was that she couldn't play a recital after an Adept evade, and that was changed in XX. I don't think she'd be willing to go back to the state it was in back in 4U (beamed notes and Adept evade are way too good).

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

Oh, both Priscilla and Clarine made it into the gauntlet... and they're facing off in the first round! Halp! I don't know which to support!

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Priscilla, obviously. She’s a redhead.

Definitely Priscilla. I need her to still be there if Elise somehow gets knocked out early.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not totally sure which unit I want to run as my lead.  Ideally, it would be a high physical attack unit with good Res, but I actually have few units that fit that bill.  My Titania has 34 Res, but low Attack without Horse Buffs and only really does well against Blues on non-Horse teams.  I do have my Megabride Cordelia running

Bridelia +4

HP: 35
Atk: 47
Spd: 38
Def: 23
Res: 26

Brave Bow+, Ardent Sacrifice, Luna, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Breath of Life 3

Not exactly durable, but they can't hurt you if you kill them first.

Anyone on Team Mist is free to make requests.  So far, just @DarkLordIvy as far as I know, and I'm not sure if I have your Hero Code.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Anyone on Team Mist is free to make requests.  So far, just @DarkLordIvy as far as I know, and I'm not sure if I have your Hero Code.

My code is also in my signature but for the sake of mobile here it is! 0028978737

Anybody else joining team Mist is free to add me as well!

I'll probably be running my Soren: +Atk/-Res with Gronnraven+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, LaD2, Vantage, and Hone Atk2 (soon 3 hopefully)
This could change if people want/need someone else.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only complaint my sister had in X was that she couldn't play a recital after an Adept evade, and that was changed in XX. I don't think she'd be willing to go back to the state it was in back in 4U (beamed notes and Adept evade are way too good).

Definitely Priscilla. I need her to still be there if Elise somehow gets knocked out early.

I don't have XX yet since I'm just gonna wait for the Switch version, but isn't Brave HH better?

The buffs to Horn's moves were cool, but between Maqam Sedition getting hit with the nerf of the century and even the Deviant Horns having low raw, I quit lol.

You should join Team Priscilla at the start. We might not make it to the end, but we must fight.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If the losing team gets a final hour bonus multiplier, they actually have a chance of winning now. Previously, even with the multiplier, the losing team couldn't get enough points to break into the lead at all, but with a multiplier 2.5× greater, that's now possible.

The name of this Gauntlet in Japanese is 癒し系シスターズ [iyashikei sisters], "Healing Sisters", with "sister" referring both to the Cleric class (which is called "sister" in Japanese except in Tellius and refers to the religious type of sister) and to the fact that all of the characters have an older sibling.

Yeah, I was informed after that post that I missunderstood the mechanic. The refference to the cleric class in not entirely correct though, since almost half the characters are not clerics but troubadours (Elise, Prescilla and Clarine). I'll admit they are all younger sisters though (they even all have older brothers, not that it really matters).

5 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Start with Team Lissa and just jump ship to Elise after Lissa loses.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Why do I sense personal bias in this post?

You just gained an unreasonable amount of respect

I think I'll just go Lissa, and see what happens. I think I have a 3 star one anyway so if we're all going to die, at least I'll get some bonus points

Team Elise in the final round is what I'm hoping for, assuming Lissa loses early...

Not 100% sure about any of this yet HEH

Yeah, cause Lissa is gonna lose before the finals...

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Not totally sure which unit I want to run as my lead.  Ideally, it would be a high physical attack unit with good Res, but I actually have few units that fit that bill.  My Titania has 34 Res, but low Attack without Horse Buffs and only really does well against Blues on non-Horse teams.  I do have my Megabride Cordelia running

Bridelia +4

HP: 35
Atk: 47
Spd: 38
Def: 23
Res: 26

Brave Bow+, Ardent Sacrifice, Luna, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Breath of Life 3

Not exactly durable, but they can't hurt you if you kill them first.

You may want to be a little careful about some smart asses who're going to send out -raven tome users to easily deal with healers.

No Azama or Wrys, this thing is rigged!.. Well with no one I care to support, the next question is who is the least popular, gotta take advantage of that x3 boost. I'm thinking Clarine and Maria are going to be the the unpopular candidates? Don't have a Maria though, so I guess I'm going with Clarine.

Edited by Jimbo

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't have XX yet since I'm just gonna wait for the Switch version, but isn't Brave HH better?

The buffs to Horn's moves were cool, but between Maqam Sedition getting hit with the nerf of the century and even the Deviant Horns having low raw, I quit lol.

I don't think she likes the "weird things" that Brave does and prefers the reliability of Adept (not to mention being able to play a fast recital off of an Adept evade is huge).

She prefers having good songs over having good offensive stats. I'm pretty sure her favorite weapons in X were the Snarfonix (Nibelsnarf), Toxic Fungasax (Quest), Mountain Echo (Duramboros), Cosmic Wraith (Nakarkos), and Grimclaw Horn (Grimclaw).

The low Attack of the Deviant weapons was due to the fact that most of them had positive affinity, and the Silverwind, Grimclaw, and Hellblade weapons in particular all had natural white sharpness and Attack Boost (L) (which is a full 1.2× damage on encore, or roughly +40 raw Attack, for 150 seconds).

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You should join Team Priscilla at the start. We might not make it to the end, but we must fight.

My loyalty for my Lady Cinnamon Roll does not waver.

Not sure if I should go with Mist or Lachesis. I like them both and yet I know neither will go past the second round. I kinda feel like Mist is doomed going up against Lissa round 1, so maybe I'll just go with Lachesis. But Lachesis is on Elise's side and she's definitely going to be the winner here.

46 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

My code is also in my signature but for the sake of mobile here it is! 0028978737

Anybody else joining team Mist is free to add me as well!

I'll probably be running my Soren: +Atk/-Res with Gronnraven+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, LaD2, Vantage, and Hone Atk2 (soon 3 hopefully)
This could change if people want/need someone else.

Request sent, Soren's good.

30 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

You may want to be a little careful about some smart asses who're going to send out -raven tome users to easily deal with healers.

True, maybe I'll get someone else, have to see who'd be a good fit.

Searching for Team Sakura players. FEH friend ID is in my signature.

I am open to requests for team leaders - right now, I have my +HP/-Spd Lyn with Drag Back, Reciprocal Aid, and Spd +1 seal set as my leader.

Other options available:

Spoiler

+Spd/-Res 4* male Robin with Swordbreaker 2.

4* Cordelia with Hit and Run.

Near complete God of the New World +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt.

Xander with Quick Riposte 2 and Swap.

Camus with Quick Riposte 2 and Swap.

WIP Brave Bowdelia +2 (Brave Bow+, working on Atk +3 and Luna).

+Spd/-HP Tharja with Desperation 3 and Ardent Sacrifice.

+Atk/-Def Hector with Vantage 3 and Swap.

Sharena with Drag Back and Escutcheon.

Alfonse with Reciprocal Aid and Drag Back.

Anna with HP +5, Reciprocal Aid, and Moonbow.

4* Olivia +1 with Ruby Sword, New Moon, Wings of Mercy 3, and Def +2.

Edited by Roflolxp54

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't think she likes the "weird things" that Brave does and prefers the reliability of Adept (not to mention being able to play a fast recital off of an Adept evade is huge).

She prefers having good songs over having good offensive stats. I'm pretty sure her favorite weapons in X were the Snarfonix (Nibelsnarf), Toxic Fungasax (Quest), Mountain Echo (Duramboros), Cosmic Wraith (Nakarkos), and Grimclaw Horn (Grimclaw).

The low Attack of the Deviant weapons was due to the fact that most of them had positive affinity, and the Silverwind, Grimclaw, and Hellblade weapons in particular all had natural white sharpness and Attack Boost (L) (which is a full 1.2× damage on encore, or roughly +40 raw Attack, for 150 seconds).

My loyalty for my Lady Cinnamon Roll does not waver.

Maqam Sedition had rad songs alongside decent raw, but they took away both... :[

The Grimclaw and Hellblade HHs both only had 180 raw, while every other Blademaster weapon of these monsters had 200. This is in addition to having the shittiest motion values in the game, such that in some cases, the Bow can outdamage it with melee attacks. Disgusting. It's 100% forced to be support.

No, cinnamon roll is nothing compared to the red beauty.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

18 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I'm siding with my dear Arc-chan and Amphy-kun :)

Go cinnamon daughter!

You might want to take some action then, since Arc-chan seems to be led to team Lissa...

Edited by Bartozio

Just now, DarkLordIvy said:

Gotcha! Your B!Cordelia is truly terrifying :p

Let my know if you have alternate requests.  I'm not sure how prevalent Raven tomes will be.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Let my know if you have alternate requests.  I'm not sure how prevalent Raven tomes will be.

I think she'll probably be fine. I kiiiiind of feel like distant counter characters like Ike, Xander, and Hector will end up more prevalent what with, I think, most of the healers having all of the defense of a box of cardboard at the best. 

Edited by DarkLordIvy

I only have Sakura and Lissa. I have a lv. 1 Lissa but my only Sakura is lv. 40, so I'll run my lv.1 Lissa.

I guess Lissa will end up in the second place, and I'll see "you lose" in the end, because Sakura and Elise are too popular in Japan.

27 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

The refference to the cleric class in not entirely correct though, since almost half the characters are not clerics but troubadours (Elise, Prescilla and Clarine).

Well aware of that. To be entirely accurate, though, only Maria and Lissa only ever had the class of Sister, but that doesn't make the reference any less relevant.

As for everyone else:

Elise's class was Rod Knight.
Sakura's class was Miko.
Lachesis's class was Princess.
Mist's class was Cleric.
Clarine and Priscilla's classes were Troubadour. (Clarine's was spelled "Torubadour" in the opening class roll.)

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Maqam Sedition had rad songs alongside decent raw, but they took away both... :[

The Grimclaw and Hellblade HHs both only had 180 raw, while every other Blademaster weapon of these monsters had 200. This is in addition to having the shittiest motion values in the game, such that in some cases, the Bow can outdamage it with melee attacks. Disgusting.

180 raw with Attack Boost (L) is 216, not even counting the fact that the buff is multiplicative with all other buffs. When played solo, Hunting Horn has the highest effective raw of any Grimclaw or Hellblade weapon. And in a party, if you attribute any damage dealt by buffs to the Hunting Horn instead of the weapon being buffed, then Hunting Horn wins by a mile.

I also have no idea what you mean by low motion. I don't see anything that looks particularly low relative to its animation length.

Bow's melee attacks have shit for range, whereas the Hunting Horn is really, really long. That's hardly an apt comparison.

So, is almost everyone joining Team Elise?

I have all of them, except for her and Mist... so I guess I'm out XD

I don't want to try pulling for Elise, since my Lachesis and Maria are 5* already...

Go team Leo!

42 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

No Azama or Wrys, this thing is rigged!.. Well with no one I care to support, the next question is who is the least popular, gotta take advantage of that x3 boost. I'm thinking Clarine and Maria are going to be the the unpopular candidates? Don't have a Maria though, so I guess I'm going with Clarine.

Because Wrys has memes, he's too powerful!

7 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

I only have Sakura and Lissa. I have a lv. 1 Lissa but my only Sakura is lv. 40, so I'll run my lv.1 Lissa.

I guess Lissa will end up in the second place, and I'll see "you lose" in the end, because Sakura and Elise are too popular in Japan.

Well, at least their (game's) fanbase is split. Lissa does have a notable advantage of being the sole Awakening character. Will it be enough to win...eh, I don't know.

Edited by Arthur97

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

So, is almost everyone joining Team Elise?

I have all of them, except for her and Mist... so I guess I'm out XD

I don't want to try pulling for Elise, since my Lachesis and Maria are 5* already...

Go team Leo!

It seems quite some people here are joining Priscilla, so you could theoreticly go with that.

Elise is the only right choice though!

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

It seems quite some people here are joining Priscilla, so you could theoreticly go with that.

Elise is the only right choice though!

Maybe i'll bandwagon at the end, and instead pick team I know will lose, like Lachesis.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

180 raw with Attack Boost (L) is 216, not even counting the fact that the buff is multiplicative with all other buffs. When played solo, Hunting Horn has the highest effective raw of any Grimclaw or Hellblade weapon. And in a party, if you attribute any damage dealt by buffs to the Hunting Horn instead of the weapon being buffed, then Hunting Horn wins by a mile.

I also have no idea what you mean by low motion. I don't see anything that looks particularly low relative to its animation length.

Bow's melee attacks have shit for range, whereas the Hunting Horn is really, really long. That's hardly an apt comparison.

Well if we're counting built-in buffs, Hellblade SA's Power Phials make it have more raw, pretty sure.

HH's highest motion value is 45 with the backwards slam, which is just average, very low for a strong hit. Its moves aren't exactly on the fast side either, so it's damage output isn't impressive. HH consistently has the lowest or second lowest speedrun times because of this.