Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

No Serra?!  >:-(

Serra doesn't have an older brother and is therefore disqualified from participation.

The Japanese name of this gauntlet makes a pun on the fact that "sister" is the traditional name of the female infantry staff class.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Serra doesn't have an older brother and is therefore disqualified from participation.

The Japanese name of this gauntlet makes a pun on the fact that "sister" is the traditional name of the female infantry staff class.

Yeah, but Serra's just the only really memorable cleric to me, so I'm not sure who to go with in her absence.  I guess one who made the next strongest impression would probably be Lissa, though that's mainly because I find her outfit completely baffling.  Is that a good enough reason to support her?

4 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Yeah, but Serra's just the only really memorable cleric to me, so I'm not sure who to go with in her absence.

Go with Priscilla then. Same game, best hair, best troubadour.

I'm not that excited about this gaunlet but I'll support Priscilla. After all she's the first 5* I got after re-starting the game.

If anyone is interested my ID is 2965238929 and I can offer these heroes:

Spoiler

+Def -Res Lucina with full SI

+Atk -HP Minerva with desperation build

+Atk -HP Reinhardt with DB 3

+HP -Res Vanilla Ike

+Def -HP Hector with Vantage build

+Def -HP Nino with LnD build

+Atk -Def Vanilla Hinoka

+Spd -HP Nowi with TA build

+Res -HP Blarblade+ Bride Caeda

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Go with Priscilla then. Same game, best hair, best troubadour.

Maybe I will.  I do feel sort of bad for never using her in FE7 (I know she's useful, but Serra just had much better support quotes).

Though seriously, can anyone explain Lissa's collar-to-buttons thing, or why her clothing has a skeleton which doesn't even seem to support a dress so much as an apron?

After looking through the thread, doesn't look like anybody will be signing up for team Clarine, including Clarine herself. Yeesh. Last month, I had zero people on my team and had to add the random people, and I'm feeling like this'll be the same. I stand by my choice though.

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

After looking through the thread, doesn't look like anybody will be signing up for team Clarine, including Clarine herself. Yeesh. Last month, I had zero people on my team and had to add the random people, and I'm feeling like this'll be the same. I stand by my choice though.

All things considered, this seems to be the first Gauntlet without a clear winner.  People are saying Elise and Lissa, but are they really that overwhelmingly popular?  Was either in the Top10/20?

EDIT: Elise was #15, Sakura was #20

Edited by Rezzy

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

All things considered, this seems to be the first Gauntlet without a clear winner.  People are saying Elise and Lissa, but are they really that overwhelmingly popular?  Was either in the Top10/20?

Yeah, that's true, and I honestly don't really care who wins a popularity contest, but I am anticipating having some losses since each fight will depend heavily on the two people they'll randomly give me.

10 hours ago, predator_21476 said:

Sent a request my rep is Celica and my username is Liam.

Accepted!

46 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

If anyone is interested my ID is 2965238929 and I can offer these heroes

Sent a request. I'm "Dual."

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It is worth keeping in mind that Lissa is the only Awakening character in this gauntlet unlike all the previous ones which had at least 2 Awakening characters each. What I'm saying is that Lissa has no one competing against her for the Awakening fan base vote and, well, we all know how popular Awakening is. Of course, my logic here is running on the assumption that the majority of the Awakening fans who participate in this gauntlet will back Lissa which remains to be seen, until the gauntlet starts anyways. As for Elise, she (or Sakura if she wins) will be the only Fates rep left in the gauntlet and while Fates doesn't share the same level of popularity as Awakening, it certainly still has its share of fans. That is also on top of the fact that Elise / Sakura are also quite popular on their own merits or at least more so than any of the other six characters involved in this gauntlet. That's just my take on this though.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It is worth keeping in mind that Lissa is the only Awakening character in this gauntlet unlike all the previous ones which had at least 2 Awakening characters each. What I'm saying is that Lissa has no one competing against her for the Awakening fan base vote and, well, we all know how popular Awakening is. Of course, my logic here is running on the assumption that the majority of the Awakening fans who participate in this gauntlet will back Lissa which remains to be seen, until the gauntlet starts anyways. As for Elise, she (or Sakura if she wins) will be the only Fates rep left in the gauntlet and while Fates doesn't share the same level of popularity as Awakening, it certainly still has its share of fans. That is also on top of the fact that Elise / Sakura are also quite popular on their own merits or at least more so than any of the other six characters involved in this gauntlet. That's just my take on this though.

This Gauntlet is a bit nice in that it has one character begin from a different game each, if you count Conquest and Birthright as separate games.

56 minutes ago, Johann said:

If I had a level 1 Clarine, I'd be going with her since she's my primary healer, which is as big a connection for me as anything for this gauntlet. However, I'm not keen on running a level 40 healer out and facing a full opposing team of 40s. 

I'm thinking of Lachesis because I like Eldigan, though I could be persuaded for Maria or Sakura. 

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

Maybe I will.  I do feel sort of bad for never using her in FE7 (I know she's useful, but Serra just had much better support quotes).

Though seriously, can anyone explain Lissa's collar-to-buttons thing, or why her clothing has a skeleton which doesn't even seem to support a dress so much as an apron?

In the book "The Making of Fire Emblem", the designers mentioned the clothing of many classes in Awakening are inspired by ocean creatures. The cleric skirt is inspired by hoop skirts, which use whale bones to expand the size. The skeleton is not completely covered and this makes it looks like a cage/basket and looks lightweight. I understand only a little Japanese and this is what I could make out. But it seems they only explained what the skirt looks like, instead of why it was designed this way.

Edited by Rosetta

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

This Gauntlet is a bit nice in that it has one character begin from a different game each, if you count Conquest and Birthright as separate games.

Yeah, that is true. I personally view Fates as one entity as opposed to three different games because I don't see them as being fundamentally different enough to be considered different games, not unlike any given duo / trio of Pokemon games. Heroes itself isn't clear on whether it considers them different games since on the one hand Heroes has a World of Conquest and a World of Birthright but on the other hand it has Fire Emblem Fates listed as the "appears in" game for each Fates character instead of specifying a version. Regardless, it's entirely subjective whether the Fates versions are the same game or not anyways.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, that is true. I personally view Fates as one entity as opposed to three different games because I don't see them as being fundamentally different enough to be considered different games, not unlike any given duo / trio of Pokemon games. Heroes itself isn't clear on whether it considers them different games since on the one hand Heroes has a World of Conquest and a World of Birthright but on the other hand it has Fire Emblem Fates listed as the "appears in" game for each Fates character instead of specifying a version. Regardless, it's entirely subjective whether the Fates versions are the same game or not anyways.

I'm of the same opinion. Like how I consider Smash 3DS and Wii U more or less the same game even if the developers don't.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

The Fates vs. Lissa match will more than likely be the true championship round.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Ah, so that's why they left out Serra; they didn't want it to be too one-sided!

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I count them as one game, personally, especially since Revelations means all the characters appear together, anyway... plus, whether as enemies or not, they each appear in the other's games, so that might also be why they went the way they did. 

4 hours ago, Eridras said:

If I had a level 1 Clarine, I'd be going with her since she's my primary healer, which is as big a connection for me as anything for this gauntlet. However, I'm not keen on running a level 40 healer out and facing a full opposing team of 40s. 

I'm thinking of Lachesis because I like Eldigan, though I could be persuaded for Maria or Sakura. 

Yeah, I've held onto other healers at 4* and level 1 specifically (except Mist, at 5* and level 40) anticipating that Clarine wouldn't either be part of the gauntlet, or that she'd get beaten. I've invested a lot of skills into my Clarine though, so I'm eager to use her for these fights, if only for the thrill of the battle. Running other healers at level 1 has me dreading a series uninteresting of fights.

7 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I'm not that excited about this gaunlet but I'll support Priscilla. After all she's the first 5* I got after re-starting the game.

If anyone is interested my ID is 2965238929 and I can offer these heroes:

Reveal hidden contents

+Def -Res Lucina with full SI

+Atk -HP Minerva with desperation build

+Atk -HP Reinhardt with DB 3

+HP -Res Vanilla Ike

+Def -HP Hector with Vantage build

+Def -HP Nino with LnD build

+Atk -Def Vanilla Hinoka

+Spd -HP Nowi with TA build

+Res -HP Blarblade+ Bride Caeda

Sent a request!

7 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Yeah, but Serra's just the only really memorable cleric to me, so I'm not sure who to go with in her absence.  I guess one who made the next strongest impression would probably be Lissa, though that's mainly because I find her outfit completely baffling.  Is that a good enough reason to support her?

No, that's not a good reason. You should support Priscilla, because Priscilla is best.

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think that anyone in this gauntlet has any overwhelming presence in terms of popularity. At best, it's Elise because feels in Fates. But I think Priscilla will beat Lissa.

23 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I don't think that anyone in this gauntlet has any overwhelming presence in terms of popularity. At best, it's Elise because feels in Fates. But I think Priscilla will beat Lissa.

Not that you're biased or anything...