Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Why do you all seem to think I don’t understand the multiplier? I just said it’s ridiculously hilarious, as in, it makes me laugh.

I never said anything suggesting that you didn't understand the multiplier. Unlike past gauntlets,  the multiplier will keep changing so things will be quite interesting this time around. Staying in the sweetspot, which is what made Tharja win, is only going to get more difficult now. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

It'll keep going back and forth. Just wait for that crazy 7.5 multiplier. 

Based on previous Voting Gauntlets, a 7.5× multiplier should be capable of swinging a 10% deficit into a 10% lead, but only if players are hoarding their flags.

If a team turns a 10% deficit into a 9% lead, it might take 6 or 7 hours for the other team to turn that back into a 10% lead for another shot at a bonus for the smaller team, resulting in fewer swings. If everyone is hoarding flags until the very, very end, we might see some wild swings at the end with both teams capable of turning the tables until flags are exhausted. But if players are spending more flags in the middle, then the result is determined by when the smaller team manages to score their last bonus. If it's within 2 hours of the end, they can probably retain the lead, but any earlier than that and the larger team can regain the lead.

How are people still excited for these? Don't worry, I'm not here to rain on your parade, more curious and surprised why people still care after three rather boring gauntlets and are surprised by the initial swings, while the fact remains that it's mostly luck if in the end a multiplier is big enough to swing around, which makes a win kinda less deserving imo. Sorry for being a downer, but gauntlets are only sleep killers for me if I actually care to maximize my feather income.

@Ice Dragon: From what I've seen so far, people seem to be spending their flags now. Well, with the game offering more flags now, there's less incentive in hoarding them and leaving them for the finals. Team Elise and Team Sakura will most likely spend all their flags during this first round. 

3 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

How are people still excited for these? Don't worry, I'm not here to rain on your parade, more curious and surprised why people still care after three rather boring gauntlets and are surprised by the initial swings, while the fact remains that it's mostly luck if in the end a multiplier is big enough to swing around, which makes a win kinda less deserving imo. Sorry for being a downer, but gauntlets are only sleep killers for me if I actually care to maximize my feather income.

For this at least, there are two reasons as for why people are excited:

1) It's the war of imoutos, which is pretty damn hilarious.

2)There's no clear favorite. The closest we have is Elise, but even she doesn't have the popularity power of Lucina, Camilla and Tharja.

And now that I think about, was there ever a male character that was the favorite? Or a male character that won a gauntlet?

8 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'm just in it for the fun trash talk. The best FEH fanart and memes also all come from these.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

13 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

And now that I think about, was there ever a male character that was the favorite? Or a male character that won a gauntlet?

Ephraim and Robin were very popular in their respective gauntlets.

42 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Vaximillian Just got stuck with a FUCKING IDIOT who put Priscilla as their leader on Team Priscilla, but thankfully your Sharena was there to save the day. What a hero.

Sharena is a hero, as is your Celica that decided to hop in and destroy a stray enemy Faye.

17 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I feel the whole community around feh makes this fun, as well as being able to use the units of other people. Also, while the winner of the whole event is usually pretty obvious, there can still be upsets along the way. For instance, I wouldn't have expected Priscilla to have a higher score then Lissa.

11 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

For this at least, there are two reasons as for why people are excited:

1) It's the war of imoutos, which is pretty damn hilarious.

2)There's no clear favorite. The closest we have is Elise, but even she doesn't have the popularity power of Lucina, Camilla and Tharja.

No male character has ever won a gauntlet yet (the 3 winners for now are Lucina, Camilla and Tharja).

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sharena is a hero, as is your Celica that decided to hop in and destroy a stray enemy Faye.

Just the Faye? She can do more than that. You should run your Sharena in these gauntlet fights so Sharena and Celica can buddy up.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Just the Faye? She can do more than that. You should run your Sharena in these gauntlet fights so Sharena and Celica can buddy up.

Well, nobody else was able to one-round her, to my DB2 Atk+1 +Atk Reinhardt’s chagrin.

There also was a Spring Chrom, whom I just pitied.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Well, nobody else was able to one-round her, to my DB2 Atk+1 +Atk Reinhardt’s chagrin.

There also was a Spring Chrom, whom I just pitied.

Wow, really? And I don't even have Swift Sparrow yet. Probably because no DB3?

Perhaps I should state, I am simply not "excited" for this event. I am merely conversing here and participating as I currently lack anything else to do. I say, I am not even a fanatic of my own username character.

17 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

As Vaximillian alluded to, Ephraim and Robin were the popular male characters featured in Voting Gauntlets. However, the female characters were simply far more popular and I do not believe I am required to ascertain to why this may be. Certainly, you ought to know the explanation for this.

The whole subculture and interests of "imoutos" younger sisters is truly curious. How can such devolve into a topic of "memes"? Such uncultured jests are not even humourous.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow, really? And I don't even have Swift Sparrow yet. Probably because no DB3?

Precisely. He would leave her on 2 HP, while Celica just ORKO’d her. Ragnarok does wonders! (and taxes)

I had a pretty fun match where I was given Lachesis/Subaki/Bridal Lyn against Alfie, Azura and Hector.

If I had recorded it, that would be evidence, once and for all, why Hector is a terrible Defence unit.

EDIT: A friend on AWBW would like to ask why her team of three level 40s is paired against a team of a level 33, 35 and 40 when two of them are healers and the level 33 one is Peri while she has Priscilla, Tharja and Lucina. She backs Team Priscilla, if this helps.

Edited by phineas81707

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Precisely. He would leave her on 2 HP, while Celica just ORKO’d her. Ragnarok does wonders! (and taxes)

Celica has bigger hands than Reinhardt.

5 minutes ago, Clarine said:

The whole subculture and interests of "imoutos" younger sisters is truly curious. How can such devolve into a topic of "memes"? Such uncultured jests are not even humourous.

I don't know, some of the stuff that comes out of Gauntlets is pretty great.

HjOlUgqu2Ikko1ye3buzl6LJSI1paqq4quT9HcTD

Source

Yikes, Clarine couldn't even get enough points to give Priscilla a second multiplier.  I really wish she wasn't one of the two 3-4* characters I've never pulled before, or else I would have joined her.

It seems Sakura already failed to catch up while using the multiplier. I guess we of team Elise won't be seeing the multiplier again for quite some time.

Also @GuiltyLove, your Catria is pretty amazing. I got matched up against an Olivia, Ninian and Jeorge, and wasn't able to keep Catria out of Jeorge's range. However, she managed to tank the hit and kill him on the next turn. After that she also slaughtered the two dancers for good measure. If I ever end up building flyer emblem, Catria is going to be a part of that.

Just now, Bartozio said:

It seems Sakura already failed to catch up while using the multiplier. I guess we of team Elise won't be seeing the multiplier again for quite some time.

Also @GuiltyLove, your Catria is pretty amazing. I got matched up against an Olivia, Ninian and Jeorge, and wasn't able to keep Catria out of Jeorge's range. However, she managed to tank the hit and kill him on the next turn. After that she also slaughtered the two dancers for good measure. If I ever end up building flyer emblem, Catria is going to be a part of that.

<3 Glad to hear baby girl is so good! I still haven't gotten to use Camus though. I HAVE REINHARDT ON MY TEAM THOUGH

UGHHHHH. But I guess I can't be picky...

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Celica has bigger hands than Reinhardt.

I don't know, some of the stuff that comes out of Gauntlets is pretty great.

I still maintain it’s taxes.

Julia is all-around awesome:

C_ZpwwjUMAEhWPW.jpg
(clickable for source)

Too bad she decided not to come to me :(

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

And with that, my interest in this poor excuse of a gauntlet vanished. I still hope things turn around and someone other than Elise wins.