Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Bartozio

Your Camus is a lifesaver. I had that stupid Maribelle map with Reinhardt camping up on the top and I needed to sacrifice Nowi and Xander to beat him. He had Lancebreaker too so Camus couldn't double him! I hate Reinhardt so, so, so, so much...

Camus killed Reinhardt and then killed Tharja with Vantage+Bonfire (or whatever you had), then killed F!Corrin later

R U C K 

F E I N H A R D T

With the multiplier only taking effect after a 10% difference, I don't see it affecting rounds 2-3. However, we may see an upset in round 1 if people play their cards right. Let's all have fun and gain feathers!

Also, I hope Maria beats Lachesis so I can gain the x1.2 multiplier in round 1 AND pick Priscilla in round 2.

Just now, SSbardock84 said:

Ugh, my team Elise isn't looking too good right now. If I lose I'll probably switch over to team Sakura, this'll be the first time I've ever had to switch teams in a voting gauntlet.

What are you talking about, team Elise just broke 2 billion points...

2 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

With the multiplier only taking effect after a 10% difference, I don't see it affecting rounds 2-3. However, we may see an upset in round 1 if people play their cards right. Let's all have fun and gain feathers!

The increasing bonus will guarantee that the losing team will stay in that 10% or less trailing position, and a 7x or greater bonus in the final hours should be enough to swing the lead. The most lopsided gauntlets have only been 4:1. 7x is more than enough to make up that difference, and this gauntlet won't be close to a 4:1 favorite.

19 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

You have never gotten a Clarine?? Thats crazy.

I was right in thinking Clarine would get absolutely curbstomped. Priscilla is like 9.9% ahead right now so the bonus will be here next hour. I'm thinking that I shouldn't spend any flags on it and just save them for when the bonus gets larger. I skipped the last one and I regret spending 400 on the 1st bonus.

Yup, her along with Saizo. 

I would throw the leftover flags at each bonus, at least.  Part of me doubts she'll get more than a few more chances, and even with 4 full bonus hours that would still leave 10 flags left over, at least.  That being said, Clarine has the bonus active now.  Time to burn those flags!

Joined Team Sakura because I heard she was behind and wanted to finally get better rankings from a smaller team and the multiplier. Looks like the multiplier is working out, but smaller team, not so much.

With so many multipliers flying around, it's hard to tell what to do. I used 400 flags on the multiplier two hours ago, but now that the multiplier is back, I'm starting to think waiting for a bigger one is the better option.

3 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Ryoma. She summoned my Ryoma.

Ryoma × Elise is by far the cutest Fates pairing. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I never thought I'd see Peri ORKO Hector. Then @Ice Dragon happened. Granted it was +10 vs. +0, but an impressive feat, nonetheless.

This is going to be even more fun than I thought =P .

Glad to know my Peri is out there wrecking faces. :]

She can tank some really absurd stuff.

52 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

We haven’t even seen the previous two :(

I haven't had the time to sit down and draw for over a month now. Hopefully, I'll get some time during the week of Fourth of July since I've taken the entire week off.

Just now, SSbardock84 said:

Yeah, earlier she was losing though.

True, but current scores aren't to telling with the multiplier mechanic. Team Elise is going to be behind a few more times, but we'll just make sure to catch up every time!

31 minutes ago, Troykv said:

There are more Maria Supporters?

I have a Sophia with Raudrraven

My code is 3398941724

Sent you a friend request in game.  Let's go team Maria.

I think it's safe to say that Team Lachesis won against Maria. The fact that she's able to catch up so quickly WITHOUT a multiplier scares me.

3 minutes ago, Kalibur said:

Sent you a friend request in game.  Let's go team Maria.

Great! Thanks Kalibur, let's have some fun! and feathers.

Edited by Troykv

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I spy an apostrophe fail. Them auto-generated texts.

"Lachesis's" is correct and is pronounced "lachesises".

"Lachesis'" is also correct, but is pronounced "lachesis".

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I spy an apostrophe fail. Them auto-generated texts.

No, that is not an apostrophe fail, actually. Unless the last 's' implies a plural (it doesn't here) one is supposed to add a second 's' after the apostrophe to show possession. 'Lachesis's army' is the correct spelling, in UK English, at least. However, 'The kings's armies' is NOT correct spelling, as 'kings' is plural.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Ice Dragon @The_antithesis I was taught that you don’t add a second after the apostrophe if the name already ends in an s.
Every day I learn something new.

For singular nouns, it is always correct to add apostrophe-"s". For singular nouns ending in "s", just an apostrophe is also correct if you don't pronounce the "es" sound at the end (e.g. "for goodness' sake").

For plural nouns, it is correct to add apostrophe-"s" if and only if the plural word does not end in "s". If it ends in "s", only add an apostrophe.