Japanese release date

Thank you for the intel.

We can assume that the game will launch worldwide at least within 2 weeks after it's japanese release.

Or maybe we will have something like Shadows of Valentia and it will keep us waiting one month.

They said Fall for us as well so I can see either a simultaneous release in the West or maybe a week or 2 later. Not any later than that though, late October would be a little, well, late, and November is technically the start of Winter.

Edited by Tolvir

8 hours ago, Ycine said:

Thank you for the intel.

We can assume that the game will launch worldwide at least within 2 weeks after it's japanese release.

Or maybe we will have something like Shadows of Valentia and it will keep us waiting one month.

With how text heavy and dialogue heavy this game is supposed to be? No way, I'm predicting the western release to be late November, maybe early December. Yes, it says fall 2017, but winter technically doesn't start until Dec. 21st. And look at Arms and Super Mario Odyssey's release dates. Arms was initially said to be spring, and it's coming out in mid June, RIGHT before summer officially starts. Odyssey was said to be a holiday release, yet it's coming in late October, which is not holiday.

Translating and dubbing so much text and dialogue takes time.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

With how text heavy and dialogue heavy this game is supposed to be? No way, I'm predicting the western release to be late November, maybe early December. Yes, it says fall 2017, but winter technically doesn't start until Dec. 21st. And look at Arms and Super Mario Odyssey's release dates. Arms was initially said to be spring, and it's coming out in mid June, RIGHT before summer officially starts. Odyssey was said to be a holiday release, yet it's coming in late October, which is not holiday.

That depends on how Nintendo tackles the project. Lately they've been upping a lot their work on getting worldwide releases, with SoV being released here only a month after Japan. There's also a higher motivation to do worldwide releases on the region-free Switch.

I feel we're getting it around October to fit in between Pokken and Mario Odyssey. Feels like a good fit. 

14 minutes ago, Jave said:

That depends on how Nintendo tackles the project. Lately they've been upping a lot their work on getting worldwide releases, with SoV being released here only a month after Japan. There's also a higher motivation to do worldwide releases on the region-free Switch.

I feel we're getting it around October to fit in between Pokken and Mario Odyssey. Feels like a good fit. 

Yeah, but we still had a month between the regional releases for Echoes. So FE still isn't has high priority as some other franchises like Pokemon.

The problem of Fire Emblem is that, due to American puritanism the nature the series has taken, as well as being text-heavy and lower profile and having voice acting, it has to undergo deeper adaptation. Pokémon is heavier on text than FE, but I believe FE is harder to adapt.

Edited by Cerberus87

2 minutes ago, Cerberus87 said:

The problem of Fire Emblem is that, due to American puritanism the nature the series has taken, as well as being text-heavy and lower profile and having voice acting, it has to undergo deeper adaptation. Pokémon is heavier on text than FE, but I believe FE is harder to adapt.

Leave America out of this.

Anyway, they've been faster since Awakening so we may get it within a month.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Leave America out of this.

Dude, chill. It's a joke about how some idiot whiny Americans complain about censorship all the time. And it's a well-founded joke. I'll admit that SOME censorship here is dumb, but imo, a majority of it is fine and even necessary (like the removal of skinship and changing of the Corrin/Soleil support in Fates). But some people here whine about every little thing that's changed, which is ridiculous. That said, I do think those people are a minority. Albeit a vocal one, which is where the joke comes from.

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well, it depends on when work on this game started. I don't think we know that part yet, so the release date could be anything from the Japanese date to later.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Well, it depends on when work on this game started. I don't think we know that part yet, so the release date could be anything from the Japanese date to later.

Well, if we do get it that soon, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, chill. It's a joke about how some idiot whiny Americans complain about censorship all the time. And it's a well-founded joke. I'll admit that SOME censorship here is dumb, but imo, a majority of it is fine and even necessary (like the removal of skinship and changing of the Corrin/Soleil support in Fates). But some people here whine about every little thing that's changed, which is ridiculous. That said, I do think those people are a minority. Albeit a vocal one, which is where the joke comes from.

We're you born so confrontational or is it a learned trait?

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

We're you born so confrontational or is it a learned trait?

Were you born so rude and stalkerish or is it a learned trait? Seriously, I'm getting tired of you bashing me in every thread we're in.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Were you born so rude and stalkerish or is it a learned trait? Seriously, I'm getting tired of you bashing me in every thread we're in.

You keep quoting me! You phrase things in terrible ways and you get offended at the drop of a hat. I'm not the only one who you've had problems with.

*ahem*

So, out of curiosity, does anyone know how long have recent Warriors games plus crossovers been in development before their eventual release? Not total, but an average for each individual game.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You keep quoting me! You phrase things in terrible ways and you get offended at the drop of a hat. I'm not the only one who you've had problems with.

One more comment like this and it's a suspension.

That goes for both of you.  Step away from the keyboards and do something else.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That goes for both of you.  Step away from the keyboards and do something else.

I actually did this without even seeing this post. Heh. But you're right. I'm sorry.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Warriors games have skipped localization steps in the past. where only the dialogue was translated in subtitles and no voice acting. I wouldn't be surprised, though treehouse is doing the localization of it i assume. So who knows, some of it is already translated currently as we could see in the demo, so it might be farther along than you might assume.

1 minute ago, Tsak said:

Warriors games have skipped localization steps in the past. where only the dialogue was translated in subtitles and no voice acting. I wouldn't be surprised, though treehouse is doing the localization of it i assume. So who knows, some of it is already translated currently as we could see in the demo, so it might be farther along than you might assume.

FE Warriors was shown to have English voices though.

On 6/14/2017 at 2:57 PM, Tsak said:

They made a big deal out of Fire Emblem Warriors being fully voiced during the E3 livestream though, so that won't likely happen.

Considering Nintendo seems to be aiming at a Global release date with Xenoblade 2, it's probably safe to say FEW's Western release won't be too far behind the Japanese release.

So far, in Australia, I have seen nothing at stores indicative of a release date, it has only be advertised online and even then you need to search for it.  I'm kind of suspecting around early to mid November otherwise. 

Seeing as I'm unsure as to if I want (or can even afford) the game in the first place, it would be good to see a good chunk of a Japanese stream or gameplay first before deciding if I want to purchase it at all or splurge on a limited edition.