E3 Gameplay

Tsak

This shows a good amount of interesting mechanics, especially the level ups mid battle (i love this)
It definitely takes a good bit from the newer Dynasty warriors games, but this isn't really too much of a bad thing. I'm interested to see how promotions work, and other classes of characters

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I was really hoping I'd be on the mark with my guess of Liane, but it looks like they're pulling a Shareena/Sharon and using something more gibberishy instead for reasons. Well, whatever; she's not cute and she's another sword user, so her name doesn't really matter.

It looks alright so far, though. Fairly standard Warriors, but I'm glad they got the obvious announcements out of the way (and female Corrin is still at least a small surprise). Looking forward to Lobsterman breaking yet another game. Would really like to have seen at least one character we didn't know about, but alas. Really wonder how the class system is supposed to work here, and I suppose level-ups too.

Noticed that the icon for Lian's Heal staff appears when the player moves close to an ally character, the staff icon near the health gauge lights up to from a faded out state too. Curious to see if they'll implement other non-healing type staves.

5941051a4d697_fewheal.jpg.32acd1495a4efbccdd00ac66c2688d7a.jpg

Edited by donkeykhang

Strange. The character entrance cutscenes are in Japanese, but pretty much everything else is in English. Perhaps this is just an incomplete build or something, but who knows, maybe we'll get dual audio.

3:56 Booooo Chrom, stop stealing moves.

Corrin's metereless crowd control is pretty insane.

Ryoma's face looks weird af. But yoooooo he just held a sword of pure lighting made out of the Raijinto's electricity and dual-wielded.

Wtf Xander knocks people around just by running. That's dumb as hell.

I don't like the "Mission Start" and Level Ups. They break the flow of the game really bad. Good thing they can be turned off, apparently.

These meter specials are pretty lame. They're just "slash this guy like fifty times, then slash harder once or twice". Only Corrin's are kinda special.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wtf Xander knocks people around just by running. That's dumb as hell.

Well.... you know. a horse is running at people. it takes quite a super human to not get staggered or knocked down from a galloping horse.

Regardless if hyrule warriors told me anything. they stagger. but they dont actually take any damage.

5 minutes ago, Thany said:

Well.... you know. a horse is running at people. it takes quite a super human to not get staggered or knocked down from a galloping horse.

Regardless if hyrule warriors told me anything. they stagger. but they dont actually take any damage.

It's dumb gameplay wise, especially if it stuns named people too. On higher difficulties where even grunts do noticeable damage, this is top level cheese, especially since Xander can't be knocked off his horse.

21 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's dumb gameplay wise, especially if it stuns named people too. On higher difficulties where even grunts do noticeable damage, this is top level cheese, especially since Xander can't be knocked off his horse.

:nightmares of getting knocked off the horse from a super weak attack from warriors orochi:

Personally Im GLAD no one has to fall off their horse anymore when attacked >.>

Besides. It doesnt really stop attacks. It just stuns those who wernt attacking at the moment.

To be honest, I actually really liked the design of the maps on this.  I don't mean map design (to which I feel indifferent), I mean like what we see on the screen, just to clarify. 

Thought the back flipping horse was a little ridiculous though.

Well I hope some of the special effects get a bit of differentiation in the final build since some of them look pretty samey but at least it looks to have all the fast paced combat that Hyrule Warriors entertains with.  If I buy a switch by some stretch of a miracle this'll probably be a top priority because Fiya Emburrem and moar voice acting.

Also Nintendo Treehouse is certified Nohrian scum.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

How do you feel about Chrom stealing Aether lol?

Um, Chrom also has Aether in Heroes. Doesn't mean anything or matter to me.

Ike will always be the first lord to use it anyway. Nobody can take that from him. :3

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I hope we can see some characters that aren't the ones we've known about forever... xP Why is Koei being so secretive about this?

That is something I have been confused about myself. We have only a few months until release, and its not like we are going to get weekly reveals of characters. Why hold the roster as such a secret? At least half the roster, and the total roster size should of been revealed yesterday during the stream at the very least.

Anyone who is used to Warriors games know what their typical reveal pattern is? Do they eventually reveal it all before release, or will we not know until the game is out?

Edited by Tolvir

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Um, Chrom also has Aether in Heroes. Doesn't mean anything or matter to me.

Ike will always be the first lord to use it anyway. Nobody can take that from him. :3

Nah, I mean Chrom actually did Ike's signature Aether animation in the video, which Chrom didn't do in Awakening.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nah, I mean Chrom actually did Ike's signature Aether animation in the video, which Chrom didn't do in Awakening.

Nope, that was Chrom's animation from the cutscene in Awakening where he fights Lucina in Regna Ferox. That's different. People even pointed this out back when the second teaser trailer hit, as it showed Chrom doing exactly that attack.

Having Chrom use Ike's actual Aether animation would make zero sense.

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

That is something I have been confused about myself. We have only a few months until release, and its not like we are going to get weekly reveals of characters. Why hold the roster as such a secret? At least half the roster, and the total roster size should of been revealed yesterday during the stream at the very least.

Anyone who is used to Warriors games know what their typical reveal pattern is? Do they eventually reveal it all before release, or will we not know until the game is out?

They typically release info fairly often, but with games like this and Hyrule Warriors, they are very slow and selective about what they reveal.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nope, that was Chrom's animation from the cutscene in Awakening where he fights Lucina in Regna Ferox. That's different. People even pointed this out back when the second teaser trailer hit, as it showed Chrom doing exactly that attack.

Well there are fan theories that Chrom is a very distant descendant of Ike. Again, fan theory, but still.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

They typically release info fairly often, but with games like this and Hyrule Warriors, they are very slow and selective about what they reveal.

Probably due to the other company's wishes. I can see Nintendo telling them to hold back on too many reveals to try and build up hype, its something Nintendo would do even if it bites them in the ass later.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nope, he definitely threw the sword first. It's 3:15, go look for yourself.

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Well there are fan theories that Chrom is a very distant descendant of Ike. Again, fan theory, but still.

...Except Chrom is Marth's descendant. Not Ike's. If he was also Ike's descendant, why would IS reveal only one of the two being his ancestor?

EDIT: @SatsumaFSoysoy But he didn't though. I remember seeing the animation myself during the second teaser trailer, as I said. Go look for yourself. Besides, as I also said, Chrom using that animation would make zero sense when he never used it while it does belong to a more popular character in Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It could be a different animation. But he definitely threw the sword in this one.

Can you show me proof then? Because I'm not sure why we would be talking about different animations when Chrom should only have one special attack animation. Also, it would be really stupid for Chrom to get that animation that he never used instead of keeping it exclusive to Ike to make him stand out more.