E3 Gameplay

Tsak

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Can you show me proof then? Because I'm not sure why we would be talking about different animations when Chrom should only have one special attack animation. Also, it would be really stupid for Chrom to get that animation that he never used instead of keeping it exclusive to Ike to make him stand out more.

I even gave you a timestamp for the video.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I even gave you a timestamp for the video.

But not the video itself. However, I just realized that the video is in the OP, so I'll just go there. My mistake on that.

EDIT: I didn't see any sword throwing. It also didn't even look quite the same, more like the mercenary crit from GBA (which Ike's Aether animation is based on though) sans sword throwing, and wasn't a special attack. Ike would surely get Aether as his special attack, with the actual animation of him throwing his sword up high, catching it, flipping a few times, coming down with a strike, and then backflipping into a second strike (which Chrom also didn't do here).

However, if Koei does something dumb like regulate Ike only to a costume for Chrom or something via Amiibo or something else, I'm canceling my preorder. Because it would deconfirm Ike himself as playable in the worst of ways to me. It's one thing for Ike to just be excluded, and for the game to be generally only Archanea, Ylisse, and Fates characters, but this would be even worse. I hate Chrom and would never play as him dressed in Ike's clothes. I don't think other Ike fans would either. We want Ike himself, not some wannabe.

Edited by Anacybele

The level-up's mid-battle really suck, as they completely break the flow of the game, especially compared to the level-up's in Hyrule Warriors. Also, I really hope that the video only featuring characters from Akaneia and Fatesland doesn't mean that only characters from those games are present in this game (and if it is, then I'm not buying it),.

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I really hope that the video only featuring characters from Akaneia and Fatesland doesn't mean that only characters from those games are present in this game (and if it is, then I'm not buying it),.

I probably wouldn't buy it either. I don't care much for the casts of these games. I do love Frederick and also like Ryoma, but that's not enough for me to get the game. And Frederick isn't a guarantee. If he's not in, then Ryoma alone definitely won't make me buy it.

2 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

The level-up's mid-battle really suck, as they completely break the flow of the game, especially compared to the level-up's in Hyrule Warriors. Also, I really hope that the video only featuring characters from Akaneia and Fatesland doesn't mean that only characters from those games are present in this game (and if it is, then I'm not buying it),.

The developers confirmed some time ago that ''generally'' its going to only be those two games.  How much hope you should hold out for other characters depends on how you define ''generally''

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

How much hope you should hold out for other characters depends on how you define ''generally''

So somehow Ike is popular enough to get into Super Smash Bros. and to get the highest number of votes in the FE Heroes poll, but is somehow not popular enough to get in a Fire Emblem spin-off game. What. The. Hell!?

As for this game, I've lost all interest in it, so I'll stick with playing Hyrule Warriors instead.

13 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

So somehow Ike is popular enough to get into Super Smash Bros. and to get the highest number of votes in the FE Heroes poll, but is somehow not popular enough to get in a Fire Emblem spin-off game. What. The. Hell!?

As for this game, I've lost all interest in it, so I'll stick with playing Hyrule Warriors instead.

Tellius sold like hot garbage and Ike is the sole reason it gets acknowledged at all. Without Ike they'd bury it like Jugdral and Magvel.

It is no coincidence that they're choosing from Awakening, Fates, and Archanea; all of these games not only outsold both Tellius games combined (likely several times over), but they're by far the best known and best selling continuities in the series.

41 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

You can turn the level up stuff off so its more like Warriors Orochi or Hyrule Warriors.

Edited by Jedi

6 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Tellius sold like hot garbage and Ike is the sole reason it gets acknowledged at all. Without Ike they'd bury it like Jugdral and Magvel.

It is no coincidence that they're choosing from Awakening, Fates, and Archanea; all of these games not only outsold both Tellius games combined (likely several times over), but they're by far the best known and best selling continuities in the series.

Tellius also got practically no marketing and was released at poor times. Awakening, Fates, and Archanea didn't. Tellius generally got good reviews and scores. Also, Shadow Dragon was a failure in sales outside of Japan and Marth is the only reason it's still relevant, I'd say.

Besides, you still can't contest Ike's huge popularity.

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Tellius also got practically no marketing and was released at poor times. Awakening, Fates, and Archanea didn't. Tellius generally got good reviews and scores. Also, Shadow Dragon was a failure in sales outside of Japan and Marth is the only reason it's still relevant, I'd say.

Besides, you still can't contest Ike's huge popularity.

Wasn't Radiant Dawn released with a few days of Super Mario Galaxy? Because from where I'm standing, that has "bad timing" written all over it.

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Wasn't Radiant Dawn released with a few days of Super Mario Galaxy? Because from where I'm standing, that has "bad timing" written all over it.

Yup. Brawl came out soon after too. And PoR was released when the GC was dying. The Tellius games just got awful treatment. I bet they would've been much more popular had they gotten today's level of FE marketing and better release times.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

But not the video itself. However, I just realized that the video is in the OP, so I'll just go there. My mistake on that.

EDIT: I didn't see any sword throwing. It also didn't even look quite the same, more like the mercenary crit from GBA (which Ike's Aether animation is based on though) sans sword throwing, and wasn't a special attack. Ike would surely get Aether as his special attack, with the actual animation of him throwing his sword up high, catching it, flipping a few times, coming down with a strike, and then backflipping into a second strike (which Chrom also didn't do here).

However, if Koei does something dumb like regulate Ike only to a costume for Chrom or something via Amiibo or something else, I'm canceling my preorder. Because it would deconfirm Ike himself as playable in the worst of ways to me. It's one thing for Ike to just be excluded, and for the game to be generally only Archanea, Ylisse, and Fates characters, but this would be even worse. I hate Chrom and would never play as him dressed in Ike's clothes. I don't think other Ike fans would either. We want Ike himself, not some wannabe.

My mistake, the timestamp I gave you was 2 seconds past the sword throw. But to save you time, this is a screenshot of Chrom throwing his sword:

Untitled_zpsn7gqqozd.png

And the sword spinning in mid-air like how Ike's Aether works:

Untitled2_zpsblqvrzph.png

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yup. Brawl came out soon after too. And PoR was released when the GC was dying. The Tellius games just got awful treatment. I bet they would've been much more popular had they gotten today's level of FE marketing and better release times.

Yeah, I'd have to say awful fits. 

Anyways, I wonder if Warriors games in general had artillery strikes that targeted your base like HW did with the Manhandla Stalks (which are highly annoying, btw, especially if you're unlucky and they spawn spread out or in out-of-the-way locations - one mission with them was particularly bad because it was one of those missions where your side started out with a morale disadvantage, and your commander is getting charged by a named character to boot [said mission happens to be next to where you get the Dominion Rod in Legends]).

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My mistake, the timestamp I gave you was 2 seconds past the sword throw. But to save you time, this is a screenshot of Chrom throwing his sword:

Untitled_zpsn7gqqozd.png

And the sword spinning in mid-air like how Ike's Aether works:

Untitled2_zpsblqvrzph.png

Well, it still isn't QUITE the same animation, more akin to the actual mercenary crit from the GBA games. And it's not the special attack.

Still, I really hope this doesn't mean Ike is just going to be a stupid costume for Chrom. As I said, I refuse to play as Chrom for a reason like that. I want Ike, not someone in his clothes (especially a character I don't like).

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well, it still isn't QUITE the same animation, more akin to the actual mercenary crit from the GBA games. And it's not the special attack.

Still, I really hope this doesn't mean Ike is just going to be a stupid costume for Chrom. As I said, I refuse to play as Chrom for a reason like that. I want Ike, not someone in his clothes (especially a character I don't like).

I mean... Ike's original Aether animation (the first part) is pretty much the same thing as the Merc/Hero crit in GBA anyway? It just has an extra slash at the end (which Chrom didn't do in this video). I think this is the "critical hit" thing when you stun a named enemy, or just a regular combo move.

But the fact that they're having Chrom homage Ike when he didn't do this swing in Awakening makes me feel like they're not putting in Ike. Yet.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

SD didnt get any marketing either, as far as I know. Also, this is factually incorrect. SD sold a good 250k in NA and charted at #2 in DS sales

If there was anything that keeps SD relevant, it was Awakening itself with its massive homage to the game that it derived much from. I mean for crying out loud, Chrom's descended from him and wield his same blade; Lucina literally took his name and masqueraded as him; Tiki still exists and is the bridge between both worlds. Nice diversion tho

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I mean... Ike's original Aether animation (the first part) is pretty much the same thing as the Merc/Hero crit in GBA anyway? It just has an extra slash at the end (which Chrom didn't do in this video). I think this is the "critical hit" thing when you stun a named enemy, or just a regular combo move.

But the fact that they're having Chrom homage Ike when he didn't do this swing in Awakening makes me feel like they're not putting in Ike. Yet.

Well, Chrom was based on Ike, but it does seem to hurt his chances. Though, if they weren't so concerned about the 3DS's limitations (like the feet) I wonder if he would have had that animation in Awakening.

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

No. Ike adds a couple more flips, I believe, and then there's the second slash at the end, yeah.

Chrom isn't really homaging Ike here. I think it'd be more of an homage if Aether was his special attack, and yet it isn't. But you could be right, and I still hope you aren't. Ike should be in this game himself, not getting stupid homages.

10 minutes ago, Motendra said:

SD didnt get any marketing either, as far as I know. Also, this is factually incorrect. SD sold a good 250k in NA and charted at #2 in DS sales

If there was anything that keeps SD relevant, it was Awakening itself with its massive homage to the game that it derived much from. I mean for crying out loud, Chrom's descended from him and wield his same blade; Lucina literally took his name and masqueraded as him; Tiki still exists and is the bridge between both worlds. Nice diversion tho

No, SD failed. That was why New Mystery didn't get localized.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, Chrom was based on Ike, but it does seem to hurt his chances. Though, if they weren't so concerned about the 3DS's limitations (like the feet) I wonder if he would have had that animation in Awakening.

Who said Chrom was based on Ike?

Just now, Anacybele said:

No. Ike adds a couple more flips, I believe, and then there's the second slash at the end, yeah.

Chrom isn't really homaging Ike here. I think it'd be more of an homage if Aether was his special attack, and yet it isn't. But you could be right, and I still hope you aren't. Ike should be in this game himself, not getting stupid homages.

Oh, Chrom only does one flip huh. Guess he's not as acrobatic lol.

58 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I get the logic of ignoring Tellius which sold badly, Jugdral which most fans haven't played and Magvel for being a side story but I do wonder what Elibe has done to deserve getting ignored. It successfully brought a Japanese only series to the west and a lot of the older fans started with Blazing sword. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I get the logic of ignoring Tellius which sold badly, Jugdral which most fans haven't played and Magvel for being a side story but I do wonder what Elibe has done to deserve getting ignored. It successfully brought a Japanese only series to the west and a lot of the older fans started with Blazing sword. 

It's probably more of just not enough room.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

How is Magvel a "side story" exactly? I don't think any of the games should be completely ignored, honestly. They all have fans, even if some have fewer than others.

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its funny in terms of Jugdral because us Westerners generally have more regard for them than the Japanese. Which is probably part of why. 

FE focuses more on its Japanese audience usually.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Most continents have two games while Magvel only has one. 

Um, so what? It has no relation to the other games. It's its own story, not a side story.

Edited by Anacybele