Some more Gameplay Theories

Folt

Now that we know a bit more about the game, here's a couple more theories:

Cleric-type characters wield a main weapon + Staves. They might not be able to use healing items like the others, forcing them to rely on healing drops from the enemies to replenish their own health. (Or other Cleric-type characters.)

Corrin is dark-elemental. The twins will use the light element.

Eahc character will have a unique weapon which only they can wield, and let's them access a moveset that only they can use. Otherwise, they may equip other weapons that will have generic movesets tied to them to compensate for weapon triangle/higher Def or Res on the enemy. What weapons they can equip is limited by weapon type and weapon type is limited by their class.

The Move stat will determine how fast your character is able to move about on the battlefield.

Incidentally, I looked through the previous topic I made, it seems this theory I made at the time:

Spoiler
  1. HP: Pretty self-explanatory really. This is your health and if it goes to 0, you fail the given scenario.
  2. Strength: Strength + weapon's MT = Physical attack. Alternatively, the developers may opt to combine Strength and Magic into one stat like in the GBA Fire Emblems (technically) or Fire Emblem Heroes.
  3. Magic: Magic + weapon's MT = Magical attack. Or you could see Strength for what they could possibly do instead.
  4. Skill: More of this stat could combine with a weapon's Hit rate to form a true Hit rate like in Fire Emblem. This Hit rate would determine an attack's actual hitboxes: More Hit = wider and more far-reaching hitboxes. Could also proc. certain "Skills"
  5. Speed: It could be used to make characters faster. Though I think movement might be fixed so instead of movement, Speed could determine invincibility duration when you dodge and/or your character's attack speed.
  6. Luck: I'm honestly a bit unsure what this would do. Maybe affect drop rates and have a small effect on Skill and Speed. Or maybe boost the time you spend in an overpowered state if the game has something that's similiar to Hyrule Warriors' Focus Spirit.
  7. Defense: Your defense against physical attacks. Alternatively, maybe Defense will encompass both weapons and magic in this game? (I think not, but eh.)
  8. Resistance: Your defence against magic attacks. If Defense fulfills Resistance's role instead, then it could be cut. Alternatively, Resistance could then be a stat that determines how long you're affected by applied elements or a chance to quickly recover from status ailments (which is part of what elements tend to be in a Warriors game)

might be more relevant than ever now, since all the FE stats made it into the game. I'll add that Skill could instead be used to determine how fast you can get an opponent's gauge down so you can perform a critical hit on them, like a user in the previous topic mentioned.

I was thinking Speed would be attack speed & movement would be movement speed as well, but I wasn't sure enough to put those in the article I did haha.

1 hour ago, BakanGin said:

Luck would indicate enemy drops, higher skill equals rarer drop. 

If skill was hit rate, why was Xander able to hit Ryoma. I think it goes with speed for capturing and hit range.

If anything, Speed would be attack speed. Skill could increase the hitboxes of your attacks, thus making it easier for you to hit with your moves (and also increase your attack range).

On 6/14/2017 at 0:07 PM, Folt said:

Now that we know a bit more about the game, here's a couple more theories:

Cleric-type characters wield a main weapon + Staves. They might not be able to use healing items like the others, forcing them to rely on healing drops from the enemies to replenish their own health. (Or other Cleric-type characters.)

Corrin is dark-elemental. The twins will use the light element.

Eahc character will have a unique weapon which only they can wield, and let's them access a moveset that only they can use. Otherwise, they may equip other weapons that will have generic movesets tied to them to compensate for weapon triangle/higher Def or Res on the enemy. What weapons they can equip is limited by weapon type and weapon type is limited by their class.

The Move stat will determine how fast your character is able to move about on the battlefield.

Incidentally, I looked through the previous topic I made, it seems this theory I made at the time:

Hide contents
  1. HP: Pretty self-explanatory really. This is your health and if it goes to 0, you fail the given scenario.
  2. Strength: Strength + weapon's MT = Physical attack. Alternatively, the developers may opt to combine Strength and Magic into one stat like in the GBA Fire Emblems (technically) or Fire Emblem Heroes.
  3. Magic: Magic + weapon's MT = Magical attack. Or you could see Strength for what they could possibly do instead.
  4. Skill: More of this stat could combine with a weapon's Hit rate to form a true Hit rate like in Fire Emblem. This Hit rate would determine an attack's actual hitboxes: More Hit = wider and more far-reaching hitboxes. Could also proc. certain "Skills"
  5. Speed: It could be used to make characters faster. Though I think movement might be fixed so instead of movement, Speed could determine invincibility duration when you dodge and/or your character's attack speed.
  6. Luck: I'm honestly a bit unsure what this would do. Maybe affect drop rates and have a small effect on Skill and Speed. Or maybe boost the time you spend in an overpowered state if the game has something that's similiar to Hyrule Warriors' Focus Spirit.
  7. Defense: Your defense against physical attacks. Alternatively, maybe Defense will encompass both weapons and magic in this game? (I think not, but eh.)
  8. Resistance: Your defence against magic attacks. If Defense fulfills Resistance's role instead, then it could be cut. Alternatively, Resistance could then be a stat that determines how long you're affected by applied elements or a chance to quickly recover from status ailments (which is part of what elements tend to be in a Warriors game)

might be more relevant than ever now, since all the FE stats made it into the game. I'll add that Skill could instead be used to determine how fast you can get an opponent's gauge down so you can perform a critical hit on them, like a user in the previous topic mentioned.

Clerics may very well get to whack people over the head with their staves. They may also use non-healing skills with their staves, such as Freeze or Warp, for interesting combat potential. They could even go further and give them some of the moves that Gaiden/SoV's Clerics/Saints get, such as Seraphim as a projectile attack, Expel as a radius attack, or using Invoke to send a wall of phantom soldiers charging forward like a football team. Come to think of it, they could play remarkably similar to Cia from Hyrule Warriors, but with light magic instead of dark magic.

As far as elements go, Marth and the twins seem to be Light, Corrin and Xander are Dark, and Chrom and Ryoma are Lightning. If I had to guess, there'll be five elements based on the five typical types of FE magic; Light, Dark, Lightning, Wind, and Fire. Maybe Ice, too, if one of the maids gets in or someone's got a Fimbulvetr tome. If Canas and Sigurd get in they would be weak to Ice and Fire respectively.

Your theory on weapons sounds fairly sensible. Though some characters might not have a unique weapon to call their own, and simply use generic movesets. It would be unfortunate if that were the case, but it would certainly explain why they've promised a huge roster if many of them share the same movesets. Hopefully it's as you say and everyone has at least one non-generic moveset.

As for stats, HP, Strength, Defense, Magic, and Resistance seem to be pretty intuitive. Movement probably affects how fast you can move around the map, and is fixed per character. Speed will probably affect how quickly you can dodge-cancel and some other things, but probably won't affect actual attack speed; as HW's Hasty Attacks skill shows, that gets very OP very fast. Luck will probably not affect combat, and instead influence RNG elements like rare materials, money, weapon drops, ect. Skill might affect how quickly you break an enemy's WPG, or it might affect how quickly you build up meter for special attacks. Or both!

Edited by Anomalocaris