[FE10] Radiant Dawn Draft, Third Times the Charm

Sturm

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 1 - Chapter 6: Raise the Standard.

Turns: 5 (3+2)/32

In the base I used most of the bonus experience I'd accumulated up to this point to give Micaiah and Ilyana a level each (more on that later) and boost Jill up to 89xp, made a support between Leo and Ilyana because why not and fed Jill the Energy Drop and the Seraph Robe (saved the Dracoshield for now). Micaiah traded Wrath for Resolve, which will likely stay with her for most of the game and Sothe got Adept for a chance to kill Armours which he cannot usually ORKO.

In addition I forged:

• Garm: +5 might/ +10 hit/ +15 crit Iron Axe with coin for +2 might.
  • Iron Knife++: +5 might/ +25 hit/ +15 crit Iron Knife.
  • +5 might Iron Knife.

With the arrival of Jill my team now has five members which, while maybe not sounding like a lot at first, was immensely useful for the first half of the map (especially when the newest member can fly). The east and centre areas of the map were not too hard to take care of leaving only the north east group and the eastern reinforcements to deal with. Jill and Sothe are the only people who can reach the north east in a timely fashion and Jill is too weak to take care of the Armour Knights with a Hand Axe, so Sothe is the only candidate, however he needs three shoves to reach the priest on turn three, in itself not a problem seeing as I have two people who can shove Sothe (Leo and Ilyana). Ilyana however needs to be a Sage to have enough con to shove him, if I had known I'd need to promote her for this map I would have fed her more experience in Chapter 5, anyway I topped of her level with bonus exp (rigged for magic and speed). Jill took care of a lot of the centre enemies and the eastern reinforcements, with a bit of help from Sothe and Ilyana, which left Micaiah to take care of the north east reinforcements with her new Resolve skill. Surprisingly her magic was actually one too low to ORKO some of the Armour Knights so she needed a bonus exp level (I also thought she needed one more HP to take a hit from the steel sword Armour but he ended up rolling low on strength so it didn't matter in the end).

Part two as a boss kill map was a lot easier, I'd planned to promote Jill and have her take care of Laverton but in light of having to promote Ilyana early, I decided to hold off on Jill's promotion so Ilyana can use Paragon for the next two maps and hopefully get a few levels. Therefore Sothe did the boss kill from the low ground (his durability, or lack thereof, is kind of starting to show though, even now)

On 01/07/2017 at 0:17 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Of course I couldn't get the Crossbow, but I would have really liked it.

Before I start 3-1, which looks nightmarish (and I dislike that I can't drop my non-draftees on the map), is Gatrie potentially free? I see the draft rules says 7 move unit is free- Gatrie is 6 Mov. Does the rule actually mean no unit with more than 7 Mov, aka Titania/Oscar stomping?

I think the crossbow gets sent to your inventory if one of the Laguz kill Silvano, not 100% sure though.

I noticed that about seven move only units too, personally I think using Gatrie (or Rhys/Soren if you wanted to for whatever reason is fine), I think it's just supposed to stop people destroying the map with Titania. So yeah use Gatrie unless others can think of a reason not to use six move units.

Part 1 - Chapter 7: A Gathering Hope.

Turns - 5/37

A pretty straight forward chapter, at least compared to the two chapters before and after it. I sold Zihark's Killing Edge and Tauroneo's Silver Lance as no one can use them (Fiona's not getting A lances any time soon) and they're worth a bit of money. Sothe got Fiona's Saviour and carried Micaiah through the lower area toward's the objective, dropping her just in range to seize on turn four while the others, lead by Jill, made their way through the upper area. I managed to free four out of the five prisoners for a bit of bonus exp on the last turn and Ilyana found the master seal in case I need to promote Fiona for the extra move or something (I think it took her longer to find the master seal than it did to play the rest of the chapter:>_<:). Also Fiona actually did something by rescuing Micaiah and giving her to Sothe which freed up the others to go and murder things straight away instead of Jill or Leo having to wait around, so I guess that's a thing, good job Fiona.

The Crossbow does get sent to the convoy, I don't think I ever noticed that before.

3-1 12/173

It was down to the wire with this one, and it took a couple tries. Using Gatrie as my freebie was vital, he was incredibly tanky, surprisingly dodged every spell tossed at him and ORKO'ed them in return (he had plenty of 1-2 between the Short and Hand Axes plus the Short Spear- unlike Ike), and even doubled some of the enemy Generals. Ike got Provoke, and between that and Lethe and Lyre set to Roam on the two turns they lasted, surprisingly nobody who wasn't drafted didn't get targeted.

I started by getting the Blue Gem and making a wall of Ike and Gatrie near that house, with Rolf helping and everyone else staying out of the baddies' ranges. After a couple turns I created a safe zone for the non-drafted and had Rolf and Gatrie proceed east and north while Ike went west and north. I confess used the Bond crit bonuses of Oscar and Boyd have with Rolf to boost his critical to make rigging one hit to kill a baddie easier (though Rolf did have visible crit on the foe even without the bonuses and thus could've killed the foe without Oscar and Boyd's Bonds) and while I don't see that listed as forbidden by draft rules, it probably is and I'll give myself a 8 turn penalty at the end of this draft playthrough (a penalty that could have been better spent on actually using other characters in a greater capacity).

I missed getting the Seraph Robe because Ike and Gatrie were busy elsewhere and Rolf can't get it. Rolf is sad because I would've used it on him to help him out. Ike and Rolf got an okay and a good levelup each I think.

3-2 4/177

Now that the Crimean freelancers, and the Convoy Quintet have joined, I can at last rest easy. Used the Silver Card and the Red and two Blue Gems from the last chapter and Ilyana to buy loads of Steel Knives and Daggers and Wind Edges and two Steel Blades (on top of the one Brom brought), plus an extra Steel Bow, a couple Bowguns, and the Bargain Concoction and the Wyrmslayer for the boss. I ran pretty low and cash when all was said and done.

Fielding Ike and my draftees, I had Heather and Rolf hide in a corner, only earning a little EXP on the last turn, enough to Heather to get a good levelup off of. Ike had Celerity and just charged through the south, dodging and ORKOing the enemy Sages which alone threatened him, and made his way to the edge of the boss Istvan's range. Injuring him badly with a Wind Edge, I didn't even need the Wyrmslayer to finish him.

3-3 14/191

Ike got most of my BEXP before this fight, and managed to cap HP, Str, Skl, and Def, with Spd at 29- which is great for ORKOing, helpful for when I have to take him down, as a capped Speed Aran has 33- if Ike had capped Spd, Aran would be needing Resolve to do him in. Now, I might be able to run Wrath instead if I get lucky. Skill-wise Heather got Cancel and Adept, and Rolf got Wrath. Ike and Rolf also started a Support together- hopefully Ike will keep Boyd away from Mist if the two hit A.

Nearly down to the wire here, but it felt nowhere near as bad as 3-1. Gatrie once again was used as my free unit. I was able to spare one Senator and had Heather steal the Ashera Icon, the other Senator had to die, oh well, the White Gem is worth it. Ike went west and north, Gatrie too the east, Heather tagged near Gatrie when she wasn't burning stuff. Rolf went west following Ike and burnt supplies too. Shota and Lesbian alike got some sweet exp, levels were generally good here. Some rigging was done with Killer Bow crits (which I do when the rates are high enough to not need massive resetting), and maybe an Adept proc or two. Didn't get Blossom, but the Hammerne and the Master Crown were obtained.

3-4 9/200

Mordecai rejoined- yay? He didn't actually do too much outside of an Ike Smite. I tried sending him eastward originally (and he earned a crappy level and burned a Laguz Stone use and some Olivi Grass in the process), but he couldn't OHKO the Elfire Sage, so instead he joined everyone else in taking the western path. Towards the end he did help with like two kills, so he had his uses. Ranulf did get hit by two Ballista bolts, which might be forbidden by draft rules, but hey the NPC Beasts were alive- they would've taken the hit instead, so it isn't like this really affected my victory (maybe slightly), but keeping Ranulf forever outside of Ballista range would have tacked a bunch of turns onto my count (though I could've rescued him with Mordecai it is true). I got lucky at one point when Rolf using an Iron Longbow made a single digits crit with ~30 hit on a clifftop Sage, allowing me to send Heather and Ike atop it thus speeding things up. The levels Rolf got (egregiously bad ones being rigged away when I had the luxury to do so) brought him to 24 Spd, basically enough to double all non-SMs it seems, his Str is actually lagging behind his Spd at this point. I shifted Ranulf in order to give him just enough move to seize with Ike on the final turn, but I don't think shifting itself on non-draftees is forbidden.

3-5 4/204

Heather had capped Res and was near capping Skl and Speed. So I BEXP'ed her to 20, getting within 1 point of her Strength cap in the process and giving her generally very nice stats. I then Master Crowned her to Whisper and gave her Celerity. Reyson used Vigor to move her an extra space or two from her starting position in the south, and was afterwards held by Ike on the Defend space for the rest of the fight. Rolf sat in a niche near Ike where only one foe could attack him a range 1, protecting him from being killed and letting him build his support with Ike more and earning a bit of EXP.

Thanks to her innate Pass, Heather slipped through the south and got in Lombroso's range on turn 2. Unfortunately, it took an extra turn to kill off one of his bodyguards and thus open him up to thieving and dagger hits. Heather was so incredibly dodgy that of all the enemies that attacked her, only twice did they hit. She also burned through 3 Steel Knives countering things and attacking Lombroso before the final turn, and I should've packed another. On the final turn, Heather stole the Energy Drop (don't know who to give it too- Ulki or Mordecai most likely), and then finished him on the enemy phase.

3-6 12/216

I could have done this faster had I let the yellows die instead of having using them to defend Micaiah. I left Savior with the DB, so Sothe could have hid in a corner and as long as he could tank two Tiger hits, he'd have been fine. As things were, the yellows distracted enemies from Aran who I expected would butcher everything quickly. They also pulled units away from the Black Knight, who I used rather inefficiently by not having him charge east, and even had him obtain the Brave Bow on a turn when his Biorhythm was at Best (I traded the Brave Bow and the Olivi Grass he got from killing a beast to Micaiah, but unfortunately her inventory was full so she had her cheap Light tomes taken away- does the BK's non-Alondite stuff go to the convoy at the end of 3-7?). The Blizzard King did slaughter Laguz, and some who refused to attack Aran chose instead to attack him for some reason (it must be the red cape), but not as many or as quickly as he should've. And of course, I lacked Beastfoe, another source of horrid inefficiencies.

Micaiah got a couple kills during this fight, but healed using Physic a bunch too, getting two levels that were bad because neither had Speed, though that stat is a lost cause for her at this point no matter how you spin it. Sothe had already capped Skl and Str, and all the EXP he earned proved for naught as his levelups were bad (a lone Spd proc for one level was the best he got). I never even touched the second Beast Killer or halfway consumed first one I bought him for fear of death by killing too many foes and thus opening himself to more hits than he could survive.

Aran was my shining star here, no surprise about that. I used the Speedwing on him to bump his Speed to 18. Then I dumped all my BEXP on him, capping Str and Skl and then earning loads of Speed since Def was already maxed too, getting to 23 by the time I ran out. He still took about 7 damage from Tigers, but surprisingly they didn't hit that often, and Micaiah and Vulnerary use kept him alive no problem. I kept Paragon on Aran to make sure he'd be ready for Tier 3 by the battle's end. Thanks to RD's 1 Stat on Levelup Minimum, he actually managed to cap his 26 Speed, doubling Cats by the end even, and with a Steel Greatlance he could ORKO the less durable of the Tigers. He promoted on one of the last turns and earned enough experience after that to gain another level, a beautiful Str/Skl/Spd/Def one.

KOing Ike for 3-13 will be an issue I will easily be able to manage at this point, and I still have 3-12 for loading Aran with more experience. Since he's uncapped again, Aran doesn't likely need BEXP and Sothe can take that instead if I want him to have it. Resolve won't with all certainty be necessary for 3-12 and Micaiah gaining levels doesn't matter much, so Aran can Paragon through 3-12 and emerge extremely powerful. The BEXP earned after that fight can be used to max Speed if I need to for 3-13 (Aran's Biorhythm might get in the way of Impale, but it can't mess with Wrath).

Part 1 - Chapter 8: Glory Unwanted.

Turns - 4/41

Finally got this chapter done, this one killed my motivation to be honest, mostly because of enemies doing things differently than what I expected but also due to my own stupidity at times, what can you do? I sold Vika's Shriek and the Ashera Icon for some more cash and bought another Light tome with +5 might called Aureola for Micaiah, I got the four bonus coins reward so that's nice, only problem being Ilyana doesn't have room to transfer them, oh well. I know Micaiah gets a Thani from Fiona before part I Endgame but I think she's going to be doing most of the combat in 3-12 so I wanted another tome in case it runs out or to potentially save Thani for part IV. I also gave Ilyana the Arms scroll to boost her Fire to D so she can use Tormod's Elfire for more weapon experience, I want her to reach C for Meteor as soon as possible after she joins the GM's as it could have some neat uses, as well as forged her a + 5 might Fire tome called Forblaze with +1 bonus might from the coin.

The map itself is more or less split into three separate areas, the boss and his cohort in the east, some bandits south of the starting position and the soldiers and mages in the west. Conveniently my team has three 'able' fighters in Sothe, Ilyana and Micaiah. It's pretty obvious that Sothe has to go to the boss area as it's the furthest away and he has the best movement as well as durability, though Ilyana's combat is actually somewhat better mostly due to her hitting resistance. Micaiah's low move and fixed starting position means she is pretty much forced to take the area to the south, leaving Ilyana to take the west. If these were the only issues this map would not be too tough, however the bandits running into the swamp after the prisoners and the lone Dracoknight flying about, easily staying out of everyone's range, make this much harder.

I tried for quite a long time to think of a strategy but the bandits and Dracoknight seemed to make getting a good turn count impossible, that was until I had a sudden eureka moment (I can't believe it took me so long to think of it to be honest) and realised that I could attempt to rescue all of the prisoners thus making the bandits change course and head towards my units instead of into the swamp, where I could deal with them. It ended up being a pretty good plan, although I did have to waste some money on the Olivi Grass so Vika could transform by turn three to rescue a prisoner. Unfortunately it wasn't all clean sailing from there due to the Bandits having ridiculous stats for some reason, Micaiah barely matches their speed even in Resolve range let alone doubles and she only 3HKO's and barely at that. Fortunately she is in best bio for this map as well as spending almost all the time in thickets which meant she could fairly safely use Wrath to get OHKO's with crits. Sothe also lacks the damage to ORKO and needs either a crit or Adept proc to do it. The hand axe bandit near the north east at the start was actually an unwitting ally, as sufficiently weakened he would retreat which would pull the priest closer to Sothe allowing him to use the thicket for cover which increased his chance of survival from around 50% to near 100% as well as allowing Sothe to keep Adept instead of having to use Celerity so he could reach the priest after getting the Arms Scroll which massively increased his chance to ORKO the two Bandits near the boss, good job generic Bandit. Ilyana had the easiest time as she was supported by Rafiel as well as having the most reliable time killing the Bandits thanks to hitting resistance with much better attack than Micaiah. Honestly I'm pretty glad this map is over though beating it has given me new motivation so that's good.

Edited by Sturm

Part 1 - Chapter 9: One Survives.

Turns - 4/45

Not much to say about this one, seeing as you only have two units. I went the north route so Micaiah could get more experience despite it being a bit harder and that was about it more or less. 

3-7 12/228

Recruited Ulki, yippee my dodgy flier is here. The Dragonmasters were the only real threat here seeing how they could attack Reyson. The map consisted of me pushing south with Ike in the lead so he could get his BK duel accomplished for Lehran's sake, which he did on enemy phase 11. Everyone else followed Ike and tried to load up on EXP and build supports, while focusing on the Dragonmasters when they were around.

3-8 10/238

Might have been able to finish this a little faster. Sent Ike and Rolf down the west side, Heather and Ulki (who got Daunt and Halfshift) went east, with Mordecai trying to go with them, but ultimately went west before reuniting with the east duo around the center of the map. Reyson went west and used Vigor whenever he could do so safely. Heather and Ulki choked off the boss's area, while Ike and Rolf went around flanked them.

3-9 4/242

Dumped BEXP on Geoffrey (he got Speed on all 3 level ups), promoted him with the Master Crown and threw him a Speedwing, making him fast enough to double the boss. He charged ahead as far as he could every fight, and on the fourth enemy phase he hit and then gave an unexpected low critical hit to the boss, ending the chapter (should have used the Brave Lance to guarantee the KO). Missed the Speedwing, but Mordecai its likeliest contender has had wayyyy above average Speed so far, albeit with a bit of rigging, yet surprisingly not that much.

3-10 9/251

Celerity Ike charged to save Elincia, while everyone else took care of the southern area. Rolf had received several levels of BEXP before this fight, and on the map promoted to Marksman. Ike was strong enough to ORKO most mobile enemies with a Steel Blade, though the boss zone was more difficult to cut through. Elincia's green bubble stayed back for quite a number of turns instead of suiciding against the boss's minions. And by the time they finally charged forward, Ike had cut into the boss zone significantly. Curiously, the boss actually moved as did many of the enemies I thought to be totally stationary, once Elincia's crew approached. I also used the Energy Drop back from 3-5 on Ulki- should've done it sooner.

3-11 11/270

I think I could could have shaved a turn or two near the end- it took longer because I stole all healing items from Ike in advance so he wouldn't heal himself during 3-13. Celerity Ike once again led the way, with Ulki following up and Leanne helping out my other three. Tibarn and his Allied Hawks fought bravely as well. Ulki hit S Strike.

3-12 ?/270+

Forgot to jot down my turn count here. I'll edit this when I'm done. But I know I could have saved a turn here at the end, but unfortunately I could not save as many as I first hoped for. I let the yellows fight, the problem is that without Provoke available, the enemies preferred to attack not-Aran. Thus keeping him from just ORKOing hordes of baddies being tossed at him from turn 1 on. If only there was a deployment slot near Tauroneo's starting position- it'd make hitting the kill count really easy here. Even with Paragon, Aran earned very little EXP, and only got 1 crappy levelup during the fight. Sothe did a little fighting, and Micaiah was just rescued by Savior!Sothe pretty much the whole time.

3-13 5/275+

At last, this fight I so heavily dreaded, I would do what I had never done before- defeat Ike for the win. I let a few not drafted be fielded to hold off the tops of the cliff within the Defend zone, though it was not really needed (both Generals lived and Miccy could by herself hold the one other spot) and none saw any combat, so I don't think I deserve to be penalized for them. Micaiah healed with Physic like once, but that was it, she doesn't have the rank for Purge so she couldn't use it. Sothe fought a little and with the yellows managed to hold off the Hawks and Beasts just long enough for Aran to kill Ike. Between Ike, Soren, and the Beasts (even the Tigers he could consistently ORKO), Aran was dropped to less than 50% HP on the enemy phase of turn 4, triggering Resolve and thus he doubled Ike with a Short Spear. ThIs made it possible to finish him sans any critical or Impale strike, nor needing of dodging another Ike attack on Player Phase. This said, I turned on full combat animations for the final blow and Aran went ahead and made his second strike a glorious Impale, which he followed with a HP/Str/Skl/Lck/Def level up (maybe there was a Spd in there too). The only sad thing is that Ike has the generic battle music playing when fighting him- not even a generic boss battle theme!

3-F 7/282+

Obtained Rescue- it'll find a use in 4-3 or Final or something. Ike as usual ran ahead, with everyone else following. Ike got hit with Sleep, slowing things a little, but Mordecai used Smite twice to make it less bad. Heather got a great level with no rigging, Rolf an okay one, and Mordecai got another 5 point level with only two resets (his Strength is rather low though). I thought I'd have fight my uber Aran, but for some reason he never moved despite me ending my turn in his range twice, and the fight ended before I could try myself against him. I also had Mordecai recruit Zihark, just because it let Mordy remove two enemies in one turn (semi-funny dialogue by the way).

With Part 4 coming up, I need to decide how to divvy up my draftees. Rolf with go with the Dawn Army I think, he and Naesala will have to handle 4-P together (should've bought the Taksh- but I do have couple Crossbows and the Aqqar). Mordecai and Heather will go with the Greil Army- for 4-1 is best handled with at least 3 units. Thus for the Hawk Army, I leave Aran and Ulki (and Pelleas will be joining up too for what little he is worth). Ulki will take out Izuka, while Aran will provide me with a non-Laguz. I was considering Dawn for Aran and Rolf for Hawk, but Aran would be more useless in 4-3 than 4-5, so I'd rather place Rolf in Dawn, plus the Marksman 3 range thing might let him score another kill or two in the desert.

Part 1 - Endgame: Daien Arise!

Turns - 4/49

This one was pretty fun to try and get the four turn, I'd planned on trying to get five turns but when I played it getting five turns was more or less trivial thanks in most part to Jill who could almost solo it in five turns, so I decided to try for the four turn. I gave Fiona two levels of bonus experience as she needed 12 speed so as not to get double and destroyed by a Soldier, Jill got raised to level 20 before promoting and Micaiah got put to 99 XP though I shouldn't have done that as it was just a waste of BEXP. Ilyana got Celerity and Saviour as skills, Forblaze, Thoron, Pass, Hammer, Brave Sword and the Blue Gem to take with her, I also took off Shade although I'm not sure if it'll be useful for anything and Jill got Paragon. Sothe got one last Iron Knife forge and Fiona got an Iron Lance because she gets weighed down about 5 AS by Steel Lances :facepalm:

On the first turn Sothe killed the Fighter and was then shoved by the Black Knight who was in turn rescued by Jill, Rafiel was shoved twice so he could refresh them and Sothe killed the Archer above the ledge so Jill could drop the Black Knight under the stationary Armour Knight. Ilyana ran up the stairs thanks to Celerity and Fiona rescued Micaiah so she could be rescue chained up the ledges. Turn two Fiona gave Miccy to Sothe who in turn gave her to the Black Knight and Rafiel was shoved once more so he could refresh Jill and Sothe who then rescue dropped him onto the middle area, this resulted in having Miccy, Sothe, Ilyana, Jill, Rafiel, and the Black Knight on the middle area by turn two. Turn three everyone advanced a bit and cleared the thieves and where then all refreshed to get up the final ledge, with Jill and Sothe once again rescue dropping Rafiel so he could Galdr again on the final turn. Finally on turn four Miccy broke the door and was then rescue dropped by the Black Knight and Jill so she was just in range to seize, Sothe grabbed the Speedwing, before Jill and Ilyana cleared a path for the Black Knight to obliterate Jarod and Micaiah to seize. Unfortunately this left no room for any chests aside from the Speedwing although the only one I care about is the Parity which is very useful in the Final map, hopefully not having it won't end up costing a turn there. Ilyana reached C fire at the end of the map so she should have plenty of time to work on getting C wind for Blizzard and getting her staff rank up after promotion for rescue in part IV, that should mean I don't need to buy too many Arms Scrolls if any.

Part 2 - Prologue: On Drifting Clouds.

Turns - 8/57

Not much to do here seeing as no one bar Leanne is a member of my team, I tried having Elincia spam mend so I could just BEXP her a bit to kill Ludveck without a Stun proc but it proved far more trouble than it would be worth. So instead everyone just cleared out the Dracoknights near the start and then Elincia went and dodge tanked Zeffren while Marcia recruited Haar and Leanne just spammed Galdr for pointless XP. I gave the remainder of Marcia's Javelin as well as Haar's to Nealuchi for Nephenee to use in 2-2.

Part 2 - Chapter 1: Winds of Rebellion.

Turns - 6/63

It's possible to two turn this map if you rig a bunch of low percentage dodges and some Wrath crits with Nephenee but the chance of her pulling it off is extremely slim without Transfers to Speed and Strength so she can double everything with her Greatlance. The fact that you also miss out on Heather's Pass, a very useful skill, just makes it obviously not worth the effort. Brom could exactly kill the Javelin!Armour Knight with two times Iron Axe plus Steel Axe so I had him fight him on turn one while Nephenee went to get the Steel axe from the village, followed by killing one of the Rebels who was blocking the way, three of them survived though for some nice bonus experience. I had Nephenee unequip her weapon as much as possible to increase her avoid so it was easier to manipulate her into Wrath range for the Boss fight as well as to keep the rebels alive.  After that they ganged up on the Steel Bow!Archer so Nephenee would have a more reliable time fighting Yeardley as she only needed to dodge the Javelin Soldier while Brom got into position to recruit Heather. I tried to find a way to recruit Heather on turn 5 as soon as she arrived but even if Brom killed the priest which was possible he would get blocked by the Mage. Later after I had given up on that, I realised he could have gone down the ledge to reach her but for some reason that never occurred to me at the time and I was already half way through Lucia's map so I didn't bother to redo it.

Part 2 - Chapter 2: Tides of Intrigue.

Turns - 5/68

This one was not nearly as bad as I thought it might be. I pumped all my accumulated bonus experience into Nephenee, who was my free unit of course, to get her as much strength as possible. Everyone moved up North out of the range of the enemies east of the starting position and Nephenee dispatched the Armour Knight and Soldier before Nealuchi traded her a Javelin to kill the Archer on enemy phase. Turn two Lucia advanced to give Nephenee vision while equipping the Wind Edge to deter enemies from attacking her, then Nephenee moved just in front of her to kill a bunch of enemies on enemy phase. Leanne had a free turn here so I had her use a Laguz Stone to transform which meant she was not doubled by the Javelin soldier, he only had about 25% displayed hit on her, so it wasn't really necessary but Laguz Stones aren't exactly in high demand for my team so I thought it worth it. Having the Soldier distracted meant Nephenee could keep advancing instead of wasting time dispatching him and she lured most of the non-stationary enemies near the Arrive tile on turn three killing them all easily except for the Crossbow!Warrior who she needed to crit. On turn four she moved in front of Maraj and killed him with an unnecessary crit on enemy phase while weakening the General before finishing him off for Lucia to Arrive on turn 5.

Part 2 - Chapter 3: Geoffrey's Charge.

Turns - 5/73

Pretty much just did what the map title says, Geoffrey charged followed closely by Makalov and the allies. They both got bonus experienced to 99xp , Geoffrey needs to have capped strength anyway to ORKO Tashoria with the Brave Lance. I Bought the Hammer and Horseslayer for Nephenee and crew to transfer to Ike's team as well as a Wind Edge and Killing Edge which Makalov needed to kill the Speedwing!Halbedier (Wind Edge Chip + Killing Edge!Crit). I sent the Brave Lance back to convoy as well as I think Oscar will make much better use of it, Geoffrey can just Killer Lance/Sol Roark anyway so it's not exactly necessary for him to have. The allies tagged along as they cannot usually ORKO enemies so that means much more BEXP from leaving the red units alive.

Part 2 - Endgame: Elincia's Gambit

Turns - 1+4/74+4

This map equals Elincia please just activate Stun. I ended up Bonus Experiencing her to 22 Skill because after trying countless times to get her to Stun and it not happening, I theorised that Skill activation rate rounds down so with 21 skill it would be 10.5% chance to Stun and then -10% due to bad Biorhythm resulting in 0.5% which rounds to 0% so she needs 22 Skill to have a chance to activate it, which she did after about 10 tries. It would be interesting to know if anybody's ever got her to Stun on that map with her base Skill, maybe I just got super unlucky. Nephenee and gang got a bunch of stuff to take over to the GM's.

Kinda sucks for this draft that only El and Haar can ORKO Ludveck.
Oh yeah, Nealuchi can do it too.

Actually third tier Marcia with the brave lance and stun is the only serious alternative which comes in mind. However bringing her to third tier is nearly impossible. Even by letting her solo 2-2 and bumping all exp. in her she might reach level 15 at best before 2-E. Only possible in easy mode.

I don't have any Part II units aside from Geoffrey and Makalov so I had to take a penalty regardless :P:, (unless I waited for the CRK's to show up but that's obviously slower :lol:).

Nephenee could kill Ludveck with a Wrath crit if you air lifted her in, although I don't know if it's actually possible to get her into Wrath range I'd guess yes, Ludveck hits pretty hard and the Mage attacks before him. Capped strength Marcia (Tier 2) can ORKO Ludveck with a double Killing Edge critical, she needs WTA so not on hard mode, again I don't know how feasible it is for Marcia to get the 8 or so levels she'd need to cap Strength (assuming you rigged it every level), I know this because I was thinking of cheesy strategy's for part 2 during picking:Lute:.

Edited by Sturm

With strength boost, energy drop and letting her almost solo 2-3 it's possible to max her strength.
However other units could make better use of the energy drop than her.

Ludveck has 40 attack which brings down a base HP and defense Nephenee to 6 HP => wrath
However even with the steel great lance she needs at least 22 strength and speed to ORKO him with two wrath criticals.

Edited by Reimu Hakurei

Part 3 - Prologue: The Great Advance.

Turns - 7/81+4

This was probably the map I was least looking forward to in the entire game to be honest, anyway I decided to stop procrastinating over it and it actually turned out to be nowhere near as bad as I thought. Oscar got given Adept and Miracle while Ike took Provoke and Vantage. Titania came along to provide vision and also to do other things like switch out Ike or Oscar's weapons or rescue Ranulf as he sometimes goes on a suicide mission after untransforming which thankfully he didn't. Oscar did most of the work here because of better movement and two-range, I don't use Oscar much because Titania exists but he does have the advantage of a better deployment position than Titania here which probably helped. He just ploughed ahead positioning himself to take out as many units as possible while what was left either suicided on Ike or was killed by him on player phase. I also have to give credit to the Laguz who were probably the most based I've ever seen, I think they did literally everything right, especially Skrimir and Ranulf who actually used their turns to kill stuff that only they could ORKO and that needed to die to advance rather than attack a 2HP Sniper or something, that definitely saved turns as Oscar didn't have to spend time helping them break through. Even the Tiger that moved in front of Silvano at the end had the decency to run out of gauge so Titania could rescue him for Oscar to get the kill on Silvano.

Unit   Class          Level    HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level  Skills
Ike    Hero           --/12.13  44  24  02  29  24  15  21  07  S Swords      Shove, Vantage, Provoke
Oscar  Lance Paladin  --/14.73  40  21  08  24  22  20  17  13  S Lances      Canto, Miracle, Adept

Edited by Sturm

Part 3 - Chapter 1: Laguz and Beorc.

Turns - 3+4/84+8

I decided to just enlist the help of Titania here and pay the penalty cost, I think it was still faster even with the penalty and definitely easier not having to deal with the reinforcements or try to keep undrafted units out of the way. Another reason I used her is because Oscar's Short Spear was down to 5 uses at the start of the map so dealing with the Mages and Javelin!Halberdiers would not have been very fast. Ike took Adept and Titania got given one level of Bonus Experience to have 22 speed so she could double the Crossbow!Sniper that she needed to kill on enemy phase. Oscar headed south to the Blue Gem house and took care of the Generals down there while Ike headed towards the gap in the wall to take care of the enemies coming through. I used Shinon as my free unit and he took care of two-range enemies over the wall as well as the Longbow!Sniper that was pulled against the wall by Ike on turn one and then got the Seraph Robe on the last turn. Titania ran up to the north-east to take care of the lone Halberdier hiding up there while taking care of most of the Mages and 2-range Halbediers on her way.

Unit   Class          Level    HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level  Skills
Ike    Hero           --/13.68  45  24  02  29  24  16  21  07  S Swords      Shove, Provoke, Adept
Oscar  Lance Paladin  --/15.57  41  21  08  24  23  21  17  13  S Lances      Canto, Miracle

Edited by Sturm

Part 3 - Chapter 2: Stormclouds.

Turns - 2/86+8

A nice quick boss kill map that can be easily two-turned with the right units and with Ilyana rejoining, my small team of three is perfectly set up for the task. Ike gets Saviour, Oscar takes Celerity and Ilyana takes Vantage and Adept. Oscar charges ahead killing one of the mages that pose a threat to Ike while Ike rescues Ilyana, Oscar faces quite a decent risk of death against the Axe Paladins thanks to being at worst Biorhythm but nothing too bad. On turn two Ike hands Ilyana over to Oscar who drops her into the thicket at the edge of Istvan's range and she makes short work of him with a Thoron crit. I bought a bunch of weapons as well as the Wyrmslayer and Arms Scroll with the Silver Card, most of which I probably won't use but I can just sell stuff back for the same price if I need some cash.

Unit     Class          Level    HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level               Skills
Ike      Hero           --/13.96  45  24  02  29  24  16  21  07  S Swords                   Shove, Provoke, Saviour
Oscar    Lance Paladin  --/16.04  42  21  08  24  24  22  18  13  S Lances                   Canto, Miracle, Celerity
Ilyana   Thunder Sage   15/05.84  29  13  16  16  20  09  06  14  C Fire, C Thunder, E Wind  Shove, Adept, Vantage

Edited by Sturm

Part 3 - Chapter 3: River Crossing.

Turns - 8/94+8

The multiple objectives of this map combined with the small team size inherent to a draft make it quite tricky to figure out the optimal way to burn the supplies as well as find time to visit the three tents that give very useful items. Oscar hit his speed cap last map and his skill cap a bit before that so I Bonus Experienced him to promotion which helps out his main weakness; his mediocre strength, as well as making durability largely a non-issue thanks to Sol. I used Gatrie as my free unit, not much of a surprise there, and he got Pass and Provoke while Ike got the other Pass, Pass really is an invaluable skill on this map. Ilyana took care of the supplies in the south as well as visiting the Blossom!Tent, the three Mages there gave her some nice Wind weapon experience while she was at it and don't pose too much of a threat of killing her, they'd all have to hit and the Thunder one has 30% displayed hit or so. Ike took care of the centre and north-west supplies as well as getting the Master Crown!Tent and getting the White Gem from the Senator. Oscar ran all the way up to the northern supply and the Hammerne!Tent dropping Gatrie off on his way so he could take care of the north-eastern supply.

Unit     Class          Level       HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level               Skills
Ike      Hero           --/15.08    46  26  03  30  26  16  23  07  S Swords                   Shove, Pass
Oscar    Silver Knight  --/20/2.28  50  27  13  27  26  26  21  19  S Lances, C Bows           Canto, Miracle, Celerity
Ilyana   Thunder Sage   15/07.76    31  15  18  16  20  11  06  15  C Fire, C Thunder, E Wind  Shove, Adept, Vantage

Edited by Sturm

Part 3 - Chapter 4: The General's Hand.

Turns - 5/99+8

I think this was a pretty neat strategy actually, if I do say so myself. Ike took Celerity and Provoke, Oscar took Pass, Ilyana traded Adept for Wrath and Kyza the newest recruit took Blossom which he'll be using for a while to level up in conjunction with Bonus Experience until he becomes more competent, Strike rank is another issue though. The true hero of Radiant Dawn; Haar was the key to this strategy, I guess he's just that good even when he can't fight he's useful. He got given Saviour and Shade and carried Ranulf up to the top, useful because his flight allows him to drop Ranulf in range to arrive on turn 5 but also to keep Ranulf safe from the Ballistae as he can't use Shade being a Laguz. Ike was rescued by Oscar and dropped on turn two which puts him just in range to kill Callum from the right Arrive tile on turn 5 with one shove provided by Kyza, while Ilyana made use of the Meteor tome for the first time killing the Thunder Mage next to the lower Ballista as well as the General next to Callum from the low ground. Titania was also deployed to kite the two Swordmasters and Halbedier so they didn't interfere with the others. Oh and Ike can't dodge mages for shit apparently, it took like 25 resets to get him to dodge the second mage and he only had about 55% displayed hit, what a bad unit.

Unit     Class          Level       HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level               Skills
Ike      Hero           --/16.59    47  27  03  30  27  16  23  08  S Swords                   Shove, Celerity, Provoke
Oscar    Silver Knight  --/20/2.37  50  27  13  27  26  26  21  19  SS Lances, C Bows          Canto, Miracle, Pass
Ilyana   Thunder Sage   15/09.67    32  15  20  18  22  13  06  16  C Fire, C Thunder, E Wind  Shove, Vantage, Wrath
Kyza     Tiger          19.07       56  22  06  22  22  14  22  10  A Fang                     Quickclaw, Shove, Blossom

Edited by Sturm

Part 3 - Chapter 5: Retreat!

Turns - 1/100+8

Oscar got Celerity and one level of Bonus Experienced for 27 speed so he could double Lombroso. Ilyana and he killed a General in the way and then Reyson danced him and he killed Lombroso with a Killer bow hit+crit, what a nice map.

Ike      Hero           --/16.59    47  27  03  30  27  16  23  08  S Swords                   Shove, Provoke
Oscar    Silver Knight  --/20/3.56  50  27  13  28  27  27  21  19  SS Lances, C Bows          Canto, Miracle, Celerity
Ilyana   Thunder Sage   15/10.04    33  15  21  19  22  13  07  17  C Fire, C Thunder, E Wind  Shove, Blossom
Kyza     Tiger          19.07       56  22  06  22  22  14  22  10  A Fang                     Quickclaw, Shove
Reyson   Heron          15.10       40  06  10  10  22  31  12  34  ---                        Blessing, Galdr, Shove, Canto

Edited by Sturm

• 2 weeks later...

Part 3 - Chapter 6: A Reason to Fight.

Turns - 6/106+8

The Dawn Brigade returns for a brief interlude. I think most people, myself included, consider this to be one of the harder maps but Jill really carries a lot of weight here and makes it a lot more bearable. I had Jill fly around with the Torch first in order to get an idea of where most of the enemies were and where the reinforcements came from so I knew roughly where I needed to send people. I bonus experienced Leo up to promotion and he actually looks quite competent now, he actually has a pretty respectable growth total it's just concentrated in Skill, Luck and Resistance, so with Bonus Experience he's now quite a way above his Strength average and the Lughnasadh should make up for his lowish Speed. I bought the Storm Sword, Beastkiller, Physic and the Torch Staff from the Bargains plus a normal Torch. Jill took Beastfoe, Leo took Paragon and Zihark took Wrath to transfer over to Ike's team, I was going to keep Paragon on Jill at first but after thinking about it I definitely think Leo needs it more than her. Jill used the Dracoshield and Zihark took the Storm Sword, Wildheart, Master Crown and three coins to transfer along with the Brave Bow after the chapter started.

Once the chapter began Jill made her way into the swamp towards where Lethe is, taking care of most of the distant enemies that only she can reach. Micaiah and Sothe headed north together, unfortunately Micaiah's at worst Biorhythm for the entire map so her avoid isn't that stellar even with Resolve, though not awful either, so keeping her with Sothe helped her dodging and along with the allied Priest healing her on certain turns meant her chance of survival wasn't too bad. Leo headed east with the Allies and they took care of the island just north-east of the starting one and Fiona got to throw a total of two Javelins one of which she missed. Volug was also deployed to rescue the Priest so I could manipulate where he moved as I needed him alive to heal Micaiah a few times. Jill got a bunch of chump levels here but everyone else got very nice levels and I'd rather she got the bad levels I guess as she's going to be strong pretty much regardless, Sothe even got a perfect level which I don't think I've ever seen before :awesome:. Micaiah got to use Physic twice here and Sothe took most of her weapons on turn four leaving her with only a three use tome at the end which should come in handy for next map.

Unit      Class          Level     HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res  Weapon Level        Skills
Micaiah   Light Sage     16/07.48  26  08  24  16  19  24  11  23   B Light, C Staves  Sacrifice, Shove, Resolve
Leonardo  Sniper         20/05.77  33  21  03  24  18  22  16  15   C Bows             Cancel, Critical +10, Shove, Shade, Paragon
Sothe     Rogue          --/09.23  40  22  05  26  23  21  16  13   S Knives           Steal. Shove, Adept
Jill      Dragonmaster   20/08.71  37  21  05  19  23  24  23  11   D Lances, A Axes   Canto, Beastfoe
Fiona     Lance Knight   12.21     28  10  06  09  13  08  10  06   C Lances           Imbue, Canto

Part 3 - Chapter 7: Rivals Collide

Turns - 12/118+8

Nothing like a 12 turn defence map to arbitrarily inflate the turn count but at least there's actually things to do here unlike some other games, FE7 comes to mind. Ike, Ilyana and Reyson made their way over towards the island where Nolan and Aran are, accompanied by Haar so he could recruit Jill which he did on turn 6 and Lethe who was dropped off to recruit Zihark for his items. Kyza stayed on the starting island and worked on his Strike rank as much as he could, he got quite a lot here but he's still only about half way to S and this is by far the best opportunity for him to raise it, at least he's actually fast enough to double some stuff but Laguz Strike just builds so slowly. Oscar helped him by killing or weakening 2-range enemies that would have caused him problems and he also got a bit of Bow rank in the process. After Jill was recruited she proceeded to massacre most of her former comrades with some help from Reyson and Ilyana once she made her way to the southern island while Ike had his show down with the Black Knight.

Jill has now capped or almost capped all of her stats bar HP which is good as she'll be promoting next map and that means I won't have to use much Bonus Experience on her. There's a pretty good chance Ilyana will promote next map as well as I think she's going to start needing the durability provided by Flare and she'd appreciate the defence boost as well, I'm not sure whether I should Bonus Experience her defence up though it seems like a big investment for relatively little reward.

Micaiah got to use Physic a number of times here so she's either at B or one Staff use away, I'm not sure which, either way she'll hit A with an Arms Scroll in plenty of time for Part 4. I'd actually planned to have someone attack her while she was wielding a staff, that's why I had Sothe take most of her tomes last map in case anyone was wondering, which is a really fast way to build staff rank by getting her to hit you with it, especially if she doubles. However neither Jill nor Ilyana can attack her and Ike had to pull the Black Knight away as he was the only one who didn't get ORKO'd, in the end it would only have saved maybe one Arms Scroll which are not really in high demand anyway.

Ike      Hero           --/17.86    48  27  03  30  28  16  24  08  S Swords                   Shove, Celerity
Oscar    Silver Knight  --/20/03.74 50  27  13  28  27  27  21  19  SS Lances, C Bows          Canto, Miracle
Ilyana   Thunder Sage   15/14.19    36  15  25  23  24  14  09  20  C Fire, C Thunder, C Wind  Shove, Wrath, Vantage
Kyza     Tiger          20.53       57  22  06  24  24  15  22  12  A Fang                     Quickclaw, Shove, Blossom, Provoke
Reyson   Heron          16.30       40  06  12  12  24  32  14  34  ---                        Blessing, Galdr, Shove, Canto
Jill     Dragonmaster   20/14.76    41  27  05  25  25  29  25  14  D Lances, S Axes           Canto, Beastfoe