[FE10] Radiant Dawn Draft, Third Times the Charm

Sturm

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Soul~! said:

Janaff because he's actually really fucking good.

Isn't Ulki better with his +20 Avoid? Though Janaff does average and start with +2/4 shifted Strength, so I guess that's a fair tradeoff.

And my choice? Well I was thinking I could use some more wings for Izuka and the bridge, and there is only one character left who can do that- why none other than Ulki himself!

I forgot this isn't HM, so it's likely it won't automatically make the difference. It's somewhat of a clear-cut (thought not stellar) of a difference in HM. Janaff is also a only a level away from Tear, which helps inmensely.

I'd figure with all the BEXP and rather small competition in the D.B she wouldn't be awful, though I've never used her in any playthrough. Kinda looking forward to that now. We'll see if the stigmas hold truth (at least to an extent)

Most of it applies to HM. For starters, Tigers don't start 1RKO'ing her off the bat. It's not super hard to feed her kills, and you may as well try investing on the Angelic Robe/Dracoshield combo since she may as well be carrying your team (and well be capable at it, with the right choices).

Makalov and Sanaki.

Think I'll start, seeing as everyone until Fiona is picked and I have some time.

Edited by Sturm

The last few picks are always the hardest cause you know that out of all these good end game units, you'll probably only get one of them, so might as well go for the one that can take most of endgame by himself, the king of lions...Caineghis!

I feel a ting of guilt stealing good characters from others- but alas, that's a draft for you. In particular I pity thee Elincia- not a single mage or flier for the desert, but maybe that's just because I've been playing too much SoV with its terrain nightmares.

Stefan the Lion Branded. Ya know I wonder why people bother with trying to raise Mia/Zihark/Edward for P4 Final when Stefan is pretty much just as good with very little cost. Sure he'll need a few levels of BEXP or from fights in Final to cap Speed- but he only needs that by the very last fight for the Auras.

And seeing how this is Normal Mode, are Battle Saves are permitted at all for rigging things?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I feel a ting of guilt stealing good characters from others- but alas, that's a draft for you. In particular I pity thee Elincia- not a single mage or flier for the desert, but maybe that's just because I've been playing too much SoV with its terrain nightmares.

Stefan the Lion Branded. Ya know I wonder why people bother with trying to raise Mia/Zihark/Edward for P4 Final when Stefan is pretty much just as good with very little cost. Sure he'll need a few levels of BEXP or from fights in Final to cap Speed- but he only needs that by the very last fight for the Auras.

I also have no fliers and only Laura, I'll just use the Black Knight and some bullshit Laura for victory I guess. And I debated Stefan, but with my lack of good units I doubted my ability to get him in a sensible number of turns so I decided against him. 

28 minutes ago, StrykerZ said:

I also have no fliers and only Laura, I'll just use the Black Knight and some bullshit Laura for victory I guess.

You do get Nosferatu just in time for this fight. Only 20 uses is a drag, but it should last through a particularly vicious enemy phase at least.  If Micaiah is able to trail Laura close enough, she can safely Hammerne the tome if you don't mind burning a use. High Luck and Speed on Laura's part will be your durability the rest of the time. And Rescue can drag around Sothe or anyone else you bring that you might want to pull ahead, though you might want to give it to Soren for Oliver's chapter or save it for P4 Final.

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And seeing how this is Normal Mode, are Battle Saves are permitted at all for rigging things?

Yeah, sure.

Personally I don't like Stefan because of his recruitment, Micaiah can be a pretty good combat unit with Resolve/Miracle or something in the desert and having her go out of the way to get him can be a pain. Trueblade is a pretty good class though for endgame.

Just want to clarify as I'm planning on starting my part 1 today, the rule about Edward/Nolan for P/1/2 means that each chapter you pick one to be a free unit, not that only one gets to be used free for those chapters and the other is just benched. Soloing P-1 with Micky would just be a pain in the ass (if that's even possible)

2 minutes ago, FireLeafRuby said:

Just want to clarify as I'm planning on starting my part 1 today, the rule about Edward/Nolan for P/1/2 means that each chapter you pick one to be a free unit, not that only one gets to be used free for those chapters and the other is just benched. Soloing P-1 with Micky would just be a pain in the ass (if that's even possible)

Ya, you get one of them for each of 1-p, 1-1, and 1-2, you don't gotta solo with Micky.

I'll probably start my part one as well when I get home too.

Part 1 - Prologue: Under Grey Skies.

Turns - 4/4

It begins, Micaiah crits the bandit at the start to allow Eddy to advance and from there it's just a case of Eddy weakening everything and Micaiah securing all the kills. Eddy was a nice guy and didn't get any random crits so Micaiah got maximum exp and with it two very respectable level ups. Leo turns up to cheer lead Micaiah to victory. 

3 hours ago, Sturm said:

Part 1 - Prologue: Under Grey Skies.

Turns - 4/4

It begins, Micaiah crits the bandit at the start to allow Eddy to advance and from there it's just a case of Eddy weakening everything and Micaiah securing all the kills. Eddy was a nice guy and didn't get any random crits so Micaiah got maximum exp and with it two very respectable level ups. Leo turns up to cheer lead Micaiah to victory. 

That is such good quality. Can you teach me how to process with such quality in Dolphin.

i guess ill also get started hopefully i dont do to bad for my first time

ch 1-p 4/4

micky scored a couple kills but ed ended up critting a bunch of the guys which kinda annoys me (what makes it worse is that his lvls were good but i cant use him after the beginning)

ch 1-1 8/12

nolan and micky duo did score the latter more kills and a level that got her some defense.

Edited by gabethegreen

13 hours ago, Soul~! said:

That is such good quality. Can you teach me how to process with such quality in Dolphin.

I recorded the video using OBS not Dolphin's recorder thing, which seems almost unusable unless you have some form of supercomputer. Here's a pretty decent guide on how to set it up it's nothing complex and then I just put the two parts together (before and after the battle save) using Windows Film Maker.