Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

This time we fight Legion, Masked Maniac! This Grand Hero Battle includes three difficulty levels: Infernal joins Hard and Lunatic is the highest level.

Here is the map and the enemies, along with Legion’s own stats:

Legion (on the left)
65 HP, 54 Atk, 39 Spd, 26 Def, 21 Res
A: Fury 3, B: Seal Spd 3, C: Savage Blow 3
Weapon: Legion’s Axe+ (14 Mt, 1 range, Panic effect)
Special: Aegis (one fully charged)

DCbbuwrUMAAL6Wf.jpg

WARNING: two tiles marked in red on this image are actually fort tiles, even though they appear normal.
An unspecified amount of orbs will be distributed to all players soon as compensation.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Roro. I didn't see anything on the main site sans the announcement that calls him Legion. Looked all over the Heroes of Light and Shadow section, scoured the name charts, and everything said Roro. Someone care to explain? 

Also, wow, he used Replicate xD

13 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

That's Roro. I didn't see anything on the main site sans the announcement that calls him Legion. Looked all over the Heroes of Light and Shadow section, scoured the name charts, and everything said Roro. Someone care to explain? 

Also, wow, he used Replicate xD

Roro is his Japanese name, and was used in the older fan translation of New Mystery.  Legion is what NoA/E has called him since Awakening.

And yeah having lots of body doubles is kinda his thing.  

Good lord, he and Clarisse both look insane. 46 hp, 36/35 spread, comes with fury 3. Huge gift to F2P.

Clarisse is even crazier! Have you seen Clarisse's bow? Aoe Threaten Att 3/Threaten Spd 3 on target, plus 31/34 spread.

Edited by dragonlordsd

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Sage said:

Roro is his Japanese name, and was used in the older fan translation of New Mystery.  Legion is what NoA/E has called him since Awakening.

And yeah having lots of body doubles is kinda his thing.  

I see. I prefer the name Roro but whatevs.

And derp. I remember he had clones now in canon.

20 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Good lord, he and Clarisse both look insane. 46 hp, 36/35 spread, comes with fury 3. Huge gift to F2P.

Clarisse is even crazier! Have you seen Clarisse's bow? Aoe Threaten Att 3/Threaten Spd 3 on target, plus 31/34 spread.

Clarisse will be the ultimate debuffer. 

Just now, Michelaar said:

Clarisse will be the ultimate debuffer. 

It's hard to imagine anything better. Combine with Savage blow, and seal (def, or whatever), and that's some serious AOE nuking.

Could go watersweep, or something, if combined with darting blow, negate counters

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I see. I prefer the name Roro but whatevs.

And derp. I remember he had clones now in canon.

Well in the Bible there is a group of demons who are so united in consciousness and being, that they forsake individual identities and go by the collective name Legion. So it does make sense. I mean isn't FE Legion just the leader of a pack of people who all act and dress like him, and the whole magical shadow clones thing an intimidating hoax?

Roro sounds like a brutish name worthy of this nasty and wild Berserker, but it isn't as refined as Legion. I can see people liking either name.

Problem with Clarisse is that her attack is too low. 31 attack is what Gordin/Klein/Virion have but they can have +Attack IVs while she can't (and all three basically need +Attack to be usable). 34 speed is good, 11 mt on a bow isn't so hot. Her debuff effect is the exact same as Fem!Corrin's Dark Breath and that's almost never used.

Clarisse is probably not going to be that great. Bride Cordelia is the best archer current and she's not used much. Takumi and Jeorge have similar stats but with a Legendary bow for more mt and they're barely used anymore. 

Now Legion? Legion is pretty great particularly for F2P people. Same speed as Raven but 2 more mt than neutral Raven. He's almost like having a +Attack/-Res Raven and he comes with Fury built in as well as an axe that doesn't nuke his speed. My next promotion is still probably going to be Xander (already have Camus promoted) but Legion's stats actually made me pause. 

F2P people should absolutely invest the feathers in Legion if they don't have a good axe user. Clarisse they should probably pass on/only level up the 4* version but skip promoting her. 

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well in the Bible there is a group of demons who are so united in consciousness and being, that they forsake individual identities and go by the collective name Legion. So it does make sense. I mean isn't FE Legion just the leader of a pack of people who all act and dress like him, and the whole magical shadow clones thing an intimidating hoax?

Roro sounds like a brutish name worthy of this nasty and wild Berserker, but it isn't as refined as Legion. I can see people liking either name.

I see! Interesting! Now I see where Legion comes from and I like it slightly more. Still prefer Roro though.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It was never confirmed what was up exactly with Legion and his clones. That might be the case, it could also be that Gharnef used his dark magic on Legion specifically. Gameplay wise he had an unlimited number of clones so I personally lean more towards the magic idea, particularly since they stopped working properly once the "head" Legion was dead and were disposed of.

But yeah the explanation behind the name Legion is exactly that. That's also why Legion in Mass Effect has that name, he even quotes the Bible specifically as his explanation. "My name is Legion, for we are many."

Yeah the name Legion gets applied to a lot of hive mind/collective consciousness creatures.

Here are two more takes on it: SMT's, and Castlevania's (which was called Granfaloon in Symphony of the Night).

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/d/de/LegionSMT.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080709034919

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Legion

In the case of the Castlevania Legion, corpses endlessly fall off the mass and walk along the ground, particularly as you attack it. Beneath the mountain of bodies is a circular mass with many tentacle-like arms with suckers on the ends which shoot lasers, projectiles, and or acid gas.

But enough on this, it's turning into a tangent.

Another map Spring!Camilla will probably solo.  I don't understand why every GHB since she came out, she can just destroy.  Probably because she's a flying unit that can kill everyone in 1-2 turns.

She'll probably kill everyone except the red mage.

Edited by Lushen

39 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Another map Spring!Camilla will probably solo.  I don't understand why every GHB since she came out, she can just destroy.  Probably because she's a flying unit that can kill everyone in 1-2 turns.

She'll probably kill everyone except the red mage.

That's because Spring Camilla destroys everything except red mages. The only way to make a Grand Hero Battle that does not get demolished by Spring Camilla is to fill it with red mages or cover it with Panic Ploy (or give half of the units pre-charged Miracle).

Comparing his stats to the Lunatic Paralogue 7-3 version:

GHB:

65 HP, 54 Atk, 39 Spd, 26 Def, 21 Res
A: Fury 3, B: Seal Spd 3, C: Savage Blow 3
Special: Aegis (one fully charged, second at 2/3)

Paralogue 7-3:

50 HP, 57 Atk, 42 Spd, 28 Def, 23 Res
A: Fury 3, B: Obstruct 3, C: Panic Ploy
Special: Reprisal

That's a whopping 15 HP more in the GHB, but  3 Atk, 3 Spd, 2 Def and 2 Res less. I also feel like Reprisal and Panic Ploy are much more dangerous than Aegis or Savage Blow. Seal Spd is better than Obstruct, though. Granted, blade mages won't care too much either way, but the P7-3 version was made him even dangerous for tanky reds to engage. With 3 less Spd and a lack of Reprisal, dueling the GHB one with melee seems more feasible (provided one can get rid of the mages).

12 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

That's a whopping 15 HP more in the GHB

All Grand Hero Battle bosses have had boost of 15 HP over their player-obtainable stats. About half of Grand Hero Battle bosses also come with +1 or +2 in one or more stats (HP not exempted).

6 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

Problem with Clarisse is that her attack is too low. 31 attack is what Gordin/Klein/Virion have but they can have +Attack IVs while she can't (and all three basically need +Attack to be usable). 34 speed is good, 11 mt on a bow isn't so hot. Her debuff effect is the exact same as Fem!Corrin's Dark Breath and that's almost never used.

Clarisse is probably not going to be that great. Bride Cordelia is the best archer current and she's not used much. Takumi and Jeorge have similar stats but with a Legendary bow for more mt and they're barely used anymore. 

Now Legion? Legion is pretty great particularly for F2P people. Same speed as Raven but 2 more mt than neutral Raven. He's almost like having a +Attack/-Res Raven and he comes with Fury built in as well as an axe that doesn't nuke his speed. My next promotion is still probably going to be Xander (already have Camus promoted) but Legion's stats actually made me pause. 

F2P people should absolutely invest the feathers in Legion if they don't have a good axe user. Clarisse they should probably pass on/only level up the 4* version but skip promoting her. 

Whiole i agree clarisse isn't that good, not being used isn't a point against Archers. B Cordelia is honestly one of the scariest thing in Arena right now with Fire Sweep. Klein didn't need +atk to be usable. Even at neutral with buff he have amazing coverage. I honestly don't know why Archers aren't used much in general unless the reasoning is outclassed by Blade Emblem and Reinhardt

On the flip side everyone uses Hector and he's shit

Edited by JSND

Looking at the map, I think I might be able to manage in one try depending on the skills the other 3 character have with Sanaki, Celica, Julia and Lucina. I could wait for 1h30 to test my strategy, but I think I'll wait till tomorrow morning.

Hector is freaking amazing. QR and Vantage at the same time? No IV combo really hurts him and he can rock -Attack and survive doing so? And can get even better if you run a full armour team? Yeah no, 2nd best unit in the game after Reinhardt. No contest. Saying Hector sucks because you can use a red unit to beat him is like saying Reinhardt sucks because Julia/Soren/Fae can tank him and kill him.

---

Archers aren't used in the arena for good reasons: they universally kinda suck outside of B.Cordelia (who's still overrated). Lower BST means lower stats, and they're physical hitters. Low res is more common than low def. They don't have access to bladetome which means mages completely crush them. They also don't have any horses so that just widens the gap for some of the mages vs archers.

And then there are their builds. Favourite general set up is a quad build when possible... except when defence tiles show up in arena that set up just completely falls apart while Bladetomes can still plow through a large number of units sitting on those tiles. It also makes already tissue paper units well, turn to 1-ply tissue paper units. They get sneezed on, they die. And if you don't use the quad build... if you don't have a legendary bow you're doing pretty crap damage. And with a legendary bow you're still behind the non-dagger/healer classes for damage output... and still have pretty bad defences unless your name is Gordin. In which case you have no speed and your defence doesn't matter because you get doubled to death.

Archers just don't have a role. Not with their current limitations. Not even B.Cordelia is saving them. Too much risk for inferior reward when compared to bladetomes.

9 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Hector is freaking amazing. QR and Vantage at the same time? No IV combo really hurts him and he can rock -Attack and survive doing so? And can get even better if you run a full armour team? Yeah no, 2nd best unit in the game after Reinhardt. No contest. Saying Hector sucks because you can use a red unit to beat him is like saying Reinhardt sucks because Julia/Soren/Fae can tank him and kill him.

---

Archers aren't used in the arena for good reasons: they universally kinda suck outside of B.Cordelia (who's still overrated). Lower BST means lower stats, and they're physical hitters. Low res is more common than low def. They don't have access to bladetome which means mages completely crush them. They also don't have any horses so that just widens the gap for some of the mages vs archers.

And then there are their builds. Favourite general set up is a quad build when possible... except when defence tiles show up in arena that set up just completely falls apart while Bladetomes can still plow through a large number of units sitting on those tiles. It also makes already tissue paper units well, turn to 1-ply tissue paper units. They get sneezed on, they die. And if you don't use the quad build... if you don't have a legendary bow you're doing pretty crap damage. And with a legendary bow you're still behind the non-dagger/healer classes for damage output... and still have pretty bad defences unless your name is Gordin. In which case you have no speed and your defence doesn't matter because you get doubled to death.

Archers just don't have a role. Not with their current limitations. Not even B.Cordelia is saving them. Too much risk for inferior reward when compared to bladetomes.

Well... Blade Tomes are just better than any other option in the game.

Is it worth investing in Clarise over a +Spd/-Def Takumi?

14 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Well... Blade Tomes are just better than any other option in the game.

D2r2p96fQ0aRsIVxnm82ig.png

Artistic rendition of FE Heroes metagame.

30 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

I disagree when you say archers don't have anything to contribute. While the typical Quad build is very easy to take care of and falls apart due to defense tiles and the speed penalty there's another build I've found in arena which can kill even my +Def Hector and this is the firesweep bow build, this gives you free damage and with LnD you're doubling everything you need while doing absurd amounts of damage, pair with a dancer and you can either: a) Kill if they survived the first round or b) Retreat to safety using reposition/draw back with no repercussions. 

Archers are inferior to blade tomes because those are broken and are very easy to exploit but then again everything is inferior to them, they are powerful enough to make the weapon triangle irrelevant.