Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

Cleared Infernal using Xander(QR2), Sanaki(Axebreaker 2), Nino(Axebreaker 3, but she took damage before using it) and M!Robin(QR2).

I managed to kill all enemies on the map before the blue mage and the blue cavalier can appear. However, I tried to reproduce the steps I made, but I failed to remember my exact moves. I can only recall I used Robin to lure and kill the archer at the beginning.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally managed to get through Infernal! Still on my Xander/Reinhardt/Cecilia/Olivia team, with Xander and Reinhardt as the only 5*s. I killed all three non-Legion starting enemies on Turn 2, resulting in all four Legions being on the field simultaneously the following turn. Which was pretty funny, especially since they were the only enemies at that point. Had to do a lot of running around for the last few turns to get in the right positions to deal with the lance cavalier and blue tome cavalier reinforcements from the top, but it worked out eventually.

Edited by Othin

ALLRIGHT. DID INFERNAL. GET FREAKIN' REKT, LEGION.

Spoiler

Starting positions:

tumblr_orpol0VsiB1shnqb4o1_1280.png > tumblr_orpol0VsiB1shnqb4o2_1280.png

tumblr_orpol0VsiB1shnqb4o3_1280.png > tumblr_orpol0VsiB1shnqb4o4_1280.png

Mages kill themselves on mine; Nino + Tiki kill bottom Legion, then Olivia dances Tiki up to Swap with Robin, who attacks the archer.

tumblr_orpol0VsiB1shnqb4o5_1280.png > tumblr_orpol0VsiB1shnqb4o6_1280.png

Left and right Legions get partially and fully munched respectively, archer kills himself on Robin.  Nino handles the blue mage and Robin gets danced by Olivia to 2RKO the cav. Tiki avoids polishing off left Legion, saving her bonfire for the northward guys next round...

tumblr_orpol0VsiB1shnqb4o7_1280.png

Leftward Legion continues to be a persistent bugger, jumping past the cav after he lunges at Tiki.... NOW this screenshot is actually not all the way accurate, because I tried this before and actually failed as a result since Olivia can't kill Legion and gets killed in turn-- I don't actually remember how (I was trying to replay the level to check but made a stupid misclick and am out of stamina now), but somehow I managed to get Olivia's HP lowered enough for her to Escape Route her way to dance for Tiki, who killed both Legions and cleared the way for Nino to take out the cav. 

Alternatively, I think I could have had Robin Repo Olivia out of the way so that Nino could kill both the Cav and the weaker Legion, but got too eager to have Olivia take Legion out at the time lol. But in any case....

tumblr_orpol0VsiB1shnqb4o8_1280.png

IT IS DONE. Holy shit. 

Team: 

Spoiler

tumblr_orpor25i8o1shnqb4o1_1280.pngtumblr_orpor25i8o1shnqb4o2_1280.pngtumblr_orpor25i8o1shnqb4o3_1280.pngtumblr_orpor25i8o1shnqb4o4_1280.png

Only inheritance I ended up needing to do was Atk+3 on Tiki. Taught Nino Draconic Aura for this as well, hoping it would be useful, but I don't think she ended up needing it. =3=

Edited by BANRYU

nice..i was thinking about how i wanted a Tiki for this..none of mine are trained or 5* though )8

2 stamina potions later and swapping team comps many many times i finally beat inferno. Kagerou, Olivia, Priscilla, and M!Corrin. i actually thought i wouldn't be able to do it. i can't wait till someone issues a challenge for this map so i can cry some more. anyways, i have a recording, maybe it'll help someone.

Spoiler

I allways like watching Vids of GHB, Please post them! there are so many great Ideas and setups out there.

This is how i did Lunatic on a more Defense set Team:
Zephiel Hector Azama and Anna

On 6/16/2017 at 11:47 AM, Levin's Scarf said:

Holy shit, after burning through a stamina potion and 3 orbs, I finally beat Infernal. 

I used this guy's strategy, except I used Xander rather than Ryoma:

What's your Xander set? I attempted to clear it using this strategy as well, but the red mage always moves down the left side instead of to the right (in Reinhardt's range), possibly because of Xander's low Resistance. (It's around image 18-19 that the red mage moves to the left, in that post, the red mage moves to the right)

8 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

ItchyBackside with the relatively low-budget Infernal clear: featuring vanilla free 4* Cecilia, 4* Ursula, and 3* Olivia. The 5* Xander in the vid has Gunter's (a free unit) Hone Cavalry.

Followed this video and beat Infernal. All hail ItchyBackside!

25 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

What's your Xander set? I attempted to clear it using this strategy as well, but the red mage always moves down the left side instead of to the right (in Reinhardt's range), possibly because of Xander's low Resistance. (It's around image 18-19 that the red mage moves to the left, in that post, the red mage moves to the right)

Siegfried, Reposition, Glowing Ember, Armored Blow 3, QR2, and either Hone Cavalry or Hone Atk. I set him up with a worse skill set in order to not kill the Legion on the first try.

Edited by Levin's Scarf

23 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Siegfried, Reposition, Glowing Ember, Armored Blow 3, QR2, and either Hone Cavalry or Hone Atk. I set him up with a worse skill set in order to not kill the Legion on the first try.

Did you follow the exact strategy of the image that you posted? I can't seem to get the red mage to move to the right, he always goes down to the left for me...

Edit: Here's what happens when I try doing this with Xander.

Spoiler

LuydOU5.png

I manage to kill the Legion with Xander, and this same positioning. But then...

7CG0yoO.png

Do you see how the red mage moves to the right two spaces, putting himself in Reinhardt's range? For me, the red mage moves left one space and down one space, ending up all the way to the left of the bottom pillar. He's too bulky for Xander to ORKO him, even with Bonfire, and Reinhardt can't reach him even after killing the red cavalier and dancing.

Edited by Tragonight

56 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Did you follow the exact strategy of the image that you posted? I can't seem to get the red mage to move to the right, he always goes down to the left for me...

Edit: Here's what happens when I try doing this with Xander.

Hide contents

LuydOU5.png

I manage to kill the Legion with Xander, and this same positioning. But then...

7CG0yoO.png

Do you see how the red mage moves to the right two spaces, putting himself in Reinhardt's range? For me, the red mage moves left one space and down one space, ending up all the way to the left of the bottom pillar. He's too bulky for Xander to ORKO him, even with Bonfire, and Reinhardt can't reach him even after killing the red cavalier and dancing.

you're using Nino like the person in that strat? or another green? because the red mage is moving over towards Nino because of WTA. otherwise i have no idea..even though the red mage can probably kill Xander, i didn't think the AI was programmed to go for anything but WTA first when moving..that sure is interesting..

9 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

you're using Nino like the person in that strat? or another green? because the red mage is moving over towards Nino because of WTA. otherwise i have no idea..even though the red mage can probably kill Xander, i didn't think the AI was programmed to go for anything but WTA first when moving..that sure is interesting..

Yes, I'm using Nino, although I'm using Life and Death Nino and not Fury Nino...is it because my Nino has (about) 12 HP instead of 1?

9 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Yes, I'm using Nino, although I'm using Life and Death Nino and not Fury Nino...is it because my Nino has (about) 12 HP instead of 1?

hmm..i really am not sure, that's weird. maybe you were right about it being because Xander's res is so low. The red mage might do more damage to Xander than it would to Nino, therefore it moves towards Xander? but if yours has L&D that seems..@Ice Dragon might know something.

Edited by wizzard of soz

I had to replay the beginning three times to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me when he selected Infernal.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

But where's the Sword Knight and the Blue Mage Cavalier reinforcement? Unless I missed it somewhere?

Reinforcements seem to be tied to specific enemies, IIRC. The archer doesn’t trigger them, supposedly?

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Reinforcements seem to be tied to specific enemies, IIRC. The archer doesn’t trigger them, supposedly?

Those two reinforcements are the only ones that are tied to turn count, though.

EDIT: From @AstraSage

Spoiler
  • South Legion spawns at the end of the enemy phase after you defeated the Blue Mage Cavalier in the East Corridor
  • North Legion does the same, but with the Red Mage's death as his trigger
  • If you defeat the East Legion, a Blue Mage will spawn in the South of the Map
  • If you defeat the West Legion, you will have to deal with Blue Cavalier appearing North.
  • The Red Cavalier and the Other Blue Mage Cavalier are Timed additions to Infernal. 

Edited by MrSmokestack

Finally. I had to burn through 3 stamina potions just to finish lunatic... Yeah. LUNATIC! I was hoping that it would only take a few attempts, but wow was I wrong. Glad I finally did it. I was about to resort to training a 4* Donnel for this. I'm gonna try my best to beat Infernal.

Meanwhile, Team Sakura is kicking my butt on this map.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

No idea then. Maybe they’re tied to something else.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

No idea then. Maybe they’re tied to something else.

I believe they are tied to Legions that spawn North and South, when you deafeat them. Or they are Tied to the beginning 2 Legions but spawn 1 Turn later then Blue Cavalry and Blue Tome Infantery unit?

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

EDIT: From @AstraSage

Reveal hidden contents
  • South Legion spawns at the end of the enemy phase after you defeated the Blue Mage Cavalier in the East Corridor
  • North Legion does the same, but with the Red Mage's death as his trigger
  • If you defeat the East Legion, a Blue Mage will spawn in the South of the Map
  • If you defeat the West Legion, you will have to deal with Blue Cavalier appearing North.
  • The Red Cavalier and the Other Blue Mage Cavalier are Timed additions to Infernal. 

How can reinforcements be tied to turn count when there can only be 5 enemies on the map though (and there are 5 starting enemies)?