Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

How can reinforcements be tied to turn count when there can only be 5 enemies on the map though (and there are 5 starting enemies)?

They could easily have been timed to appear from any turn onwards after passing x number of turns once there were less than 5 enemies on the map.

At any rate, I found this post from /u/Sigcius, which suggests the following reinforcement pattern:

Spoiler

Blue Mage- KO 1 Legion

Lance Knight- KO 1 Legion

Top Legion- KO Red Mage

Bottom Legion- KO Blue Mage Cavalier

Sword Knight- KO 2 Legions *Infernal Only*

Blue Mage Cavalier 2- KO 3 Legions *Infernal Only*

The Bow Fighter has no reinforcements associated with it.

Anyone willing to verify this?

Edited by MrSmokestack

Finally managed beat infernal, though honestly I don't have clue how. Probably I managed beat both mages in same turn and had archer and both Legions kamikaze on Cecilia and Eldigan respectively.

So I got 2k feathers and all I have to do is spend 2k feathers to promote Laslow! Great deal if you ask me.

4* free Cecilia, Stahl, Felicia, and Olivia clear Infernal map. No, it's not from Mkv. The Olivia in the vid is also only lv. 1.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I was so inspired by that Sakura Video, so i send out my own 4 Healers. Infernal was to tough though due to the lack of survivability/damage (needs more 5 Star merges!).
Finished Lunatic, albeit it didnt go as i wanted so i had to improvise at some point o.O

Priscilla and Lucius are +2, Azama and Wrys are no merged 5 Stars.

Healers shall rule the world!!! Healer Voting Gauntlet ftw!

Edited by Hilda

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

I was so inspired by that Sakura Video, so i send out my own 4 Healers. Infernal was to tough though due to the lack of survivability/damage (needs more 5 Star merges!).
Finished Lunatic, albeit it didnt go as i wanted so i had to improvise at some point o.O

Priscilla and Lucius are +2, Azama and Wrys are no merged 5 Stars.

Healers shall rule the world!!! Healer Voting Gauntlet ftw!

Impressive. That is a lot of dedication. How many tries did it take?

Mkv's answer to the Infernal map (feat. 4* Stahl, Ursula, Cecilia, and female Robin - Stahl's Obstruct is actually useful!):

Edited by Roflolxp54

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Mkv's answer to the Infernal map (feat. 4* Stahl, Ursula, Cecilia, and female Robin - Stahl's Obstruct is actually useful!):

Great. If I didn't send all my Stahls home for SI, I would have been able to follow this, but I may have screwed myself over with regards to this GHB.

I tried Mkv's strategy. Alas, my female Robin is a 5-star and even if I downgrade her to Gronnwolf, she's too strong. Let's see if Elwind will actually do the trick.

Finally I recalled how I cleared the map in the third turn.

My team: Xander, Nino, Sanaki, M!Robin.

Spoiler

594748b5bf1c5__meitu_0.thumb.jpg.089a3c72f8f28ebe290bc4db848b123a.jpg

Turn 1: Let Robin break the wall to lure the archer. Nino, with buffs from Sanaki, move below Robin to lure the blue mage. The Legion on the right will target Robin, so the blue mage (blocked by Legion) won't attack Robin, but will attack Nino instead. After the enemy's turn, it looks like this:

WechatIMG6.thumb.jpeg.048ccc1dac5d36dcd39684f8b992f597.jpeg

Turn 2: Nino kills the blue mage. Move Robin to the tile where no one but the red mage can attack him. Move Xander to the middle to block the way.  Thus the red mage will attack Robin and both Legions will attack Xander. After the enemy's turn, it looks like this:

WechatIMG7.thumb.jpeg.475ebdf6eccaf603a0315a4e9a9045f1.jpeg

Turn 3: Sanaki kills the bottom Legion. The red mage and the two damaged Legions are easy to kill.

----------------

Summary: The crucial points are Robin's advantage over bows, Xander's counter attack, and Sanaki's Axebreaker.

Edited by Rosetta

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

...Now wait one damn strategizing minute here.

After three of the Legions were killed the battle went through the beginning of the enemy phase and yet no reinforcements spawned. What gives? Is there a turn limit on when reinforcements can spawn or something?

1 minute ago, RedEyedDrake said:

...Now wait one damn strategizing minute here.

After three of the Legions were killed the battle went through the beginning of the enemy phase and yet no reinforcements spawned. What gives? Is there a turn limit on when reinforcements can spawn or something?

Reinforcements spawn after enemy phase ends if any were to spawn and there are enemies remaining on the map.

Edited by Roflolxp54

7 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Finally I recalled how I cleared the map in the third turn.

My team: Xander, Nino, Sanaki, M!Robin.

Reveal hidden contents

594748b5bf1c5__meitu_0.thumb.jpg.089a3c72f8f28ebe290bc4db848b123a.jpg

Turn 1: Let Robin break the wall to lure the archer. Nino, with buffs from Sanaki, move below Robin to lure the blue mage. The Legion on the right will target Robin, so the blue mage (blocked by Legion) won't attack Robin, but will attack Nino instead. After the enemy's turn, it looks like this:

WechatIMG6.thumb.jpeg.048ccc1dac5d36dcd39684f8b992f597.jpeg

Turn 2: Nino kills the blue mage. Move Robin to the tile where no one but the red mage can attack him. Move Xander to the middle to block the way.  Thus the red mage will attack Robin and both Legions will attack Xander. After the enemy's turn, it looks like this:

WechatIMG7.thumb.jpeg.475ebdf6eccaf603a0315a4e9a9045f1.jpeg

Turn 3: Sanaki kills the bottom Legion. The red mage and the two damaged Legions are easy to kill.

----------------

Summary: The crucial points are Robin's advantage over bows, Xander's counter attack, and Sanaki's Axebreaker.

Followed your strategy to the letter (except replacing Nino with Linde) and managed to beat Infernal! Thanks a lot!

I managed it by using Mkv's strategy, except with a 5* Cecilia and using SI to get Xande to stand in for Stahl, because I really didn't want to train up Stahl. XD

Only had to deviate at one point because Cecilia and Xander were a little bit stronger than the characters Mkv used, but it still worked out in the end.

8 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

This is quite brilliant.

Wouldn't have thought Stahl to be the star of the show, but his Ruby Sword and Obstruct are very useful here. Obstruct actually being super useful, look at that!

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

Okay, so I beat infernal using Mkv's strategy. I had to do some modifications on the fly, though, because my female Robin is 5-star and fucks up Mkv's strategy. Took off her blue tomebreaker, gave her gronnwolf+, and res+2 from a spare Tsubaki. And somehow, everything else worked out after that.

Beat Lunatic with my Tempest Trial team as an experiment. All I can say is Merric can be such a wall when you put him in a fort tile (He survived with only single digit HP!). It was him, Sharena, Tharja and Olivia, with Tharja doing most of the work against the multiple Legion.

As for Infernal, I didn't want to waste too much stamina or potions (and didn't really have a lot of time) so I just used nstyler's strategy using Donnel, Xander, Olivia and Ursula. Had to take off Fury/Quick Riposte from my 5 star Xander and also Donnel's Drag Back (his Reciprocal Aid is really useful). Sort of messed up on the turn after using Reciprocal Aid so units moved differently but I managed to make it work after a few tries thanks to Ursula + Olivia's dance.

Edited by mcsilas

19 hours ago, XRay said:

Impressive. That is a lot of dedication. How many tries did it take?

Like 10-13 tries i believe, I got it down on the 3. try, but i failed to reproduce it again until that time where i recorded it.

My Ursula was already promoted to 5* so to avoid doing too much damage I equipped her with the Elthunder tome. (The regular thunder tome was actually too weak causing the final Legion to survive Stahl's counter attack and then kill him.) I don't know if you can do the same for F!Robin's tome since she needs to hit the blue mage cav trice. Would 4 hits without the vs cav bonus be enough?

2 hours ago, Silith13 said:

My Ursula was already promoted to 5* so to avoid doing too much damage I equipped her with the Elthunder tome. (The regular thunder tome was actually too weak causing the final Legion to survive Stahl's counter attack and then kill him.) I don't know if you can do the same for F!Robin's tome since she needs to hit the blue mage cav trice. Would 4 hits without the vs cav bonus be enough?

My first response was to switch f!Robin's tome to Elwind, but that fucked me over in the end because she didn't have ignis charged to weaken Legion at the end of the map. Regular Gronnwolf is too strong and outright kills the blue mage knight, which gets Cecilia killed. What I ended up doing was taking off her blue tomebreaker and giving her res+2.

Robin needs to either hit twice or be hit twice against that blue mage knight, so that her ignis is properly charged up for the rest of the match. Unfortunately, letting her get doubled without res+2 is a clean 1RKO. She needs something to boost her resistance or else she will die. I assume a fortify or spur resistance on whoever is next to her should also do the trick?

Edited by Sunwoo

12 hours ago, GespenstMK2S said:

Followed your strategy to the letter (except replacing Nino with Linde) and managed to beat Infernal! Thanks a lot!

Glad to hear that it helps! M!Robin helped me a lot in PvE mode. Once I didn't have any non-infantry units, and he KOed two poison-dagger thieves by countering, in Ursula's map!

Man, I'm an eejit! I thought ItchyBackside had placed the Hone Cavalry on Ursula, but it was on Xander! I already had it on him - I've had it on him for so long, I forgot he doesn't come with it xD 

So I followed their strat and it worked perfectly. The third Legion and those feathers are now mine :D 

Finally finished Infernal using the Itchybackside method. Just had to promote and raise a 4 star Cecilia so I got a return on the 2000 feathers I spent. This strat gave me trouble because clearly Cecilia doesn't need her level 40 stats to do her part, but for some reason the archer at the beginning gives you a harsher AI until you've raised her all the way. That AI also happens if you try this with a three star Cecilia, which is what I tried before deciding she had to be 4 star even if she doesn't need the extra stats.