Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/18/2017 at 8:54 PM, Rosetta said:

Finally I recalled how I cleared the map in the third turn.

My team: Xander, Nino, Sanaki, M!Robin.

Reveal hidden contents

Turn 1: Let Robin break the wall to lure the archer. Nino, with buffs from Sanaki, move below Robin to lure the blue mage. The Legion on the right will target Robin, so the blue mage (blocked by Legion) won't attack Robin, but will attack Nino instead. After the enemy's turn, it looks like this:

Turn 2: Nino kills the blue mage. Move Robin to the tile where no one but the red mage can attack him. Move Xander to the middle to block the way.  Thus the red mage will attack Robin and both Legions will attack Xander. After the enemy's turn, it looks like this:

Turn 3: Sanaki kills the bottom Legion. The red mage and the two damaged Legions are easy to kill.

----------------

Summary: The crucial points are Robin's advantage over bows, Xander's counter attack, and Sanaki's Axebreaker.

Thank you for this strategy! I forgot how effective M!Robin is against colorless.

I used the same units, but with Tharja instead of Sanaki (my Tharja has Axebreaker, Sanaki does not). It got me through Lunatic extremely easily, however, I can't seem to beat Infernal :( My Nino just isn't strong enough to defeat one of the legions (she is under 50% health by the 3rd turn, so she can't double the legion, leaving him with 4HP, making me waste another hit from Xander. I'm going to keep messing around with units

Edited by SaMaster14

50 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

Thank you for this strategy! I forgot how effective M!Robin is against colorless.

I used the same units, but with Tharja instead of Sanaki (my Tharja has Axebreaker, Sanaki does not). It got me through Lunatic extremely easily, however, I can't seem to beat Infernal :( My Nino just isn't strong enough to defeat one of the legions (she is under 50% health by the 3rd turn, so she can't double the legion, leaving him with 4HP, making me waste another hit from Xander. I'm going to keep messing around with units

Perhaps it's Sanaki's Hone Atk which increased Nino's Atk by 8 that KOed the Legion. Have you tried moving Nino and Tharja away, letting Xander kill the Red mage, and then in enemy's turn, counter the two Legions?

2 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Perhaps it's Sanaki's Hone Atk which increased Nino's Atk by 8 that KOed the Legion. Have you tried moving Nino and Tharja away, letting Xander kill the Red mage, and then in enemy's turn, counter the two Legions?

It very well could be, but my sanaki doesnt have axe breaker, so she can’t kill the legion :( 

ill try moving nino and tharja around and hope Xander can kill red mage. My Xander has swordbreaker 3 in his B slot tho (and everything else is as he comes) 

3 hours ago, Rosetta said:

I beat Infernal using the exact same movement strategy, but with different units!

Tiki (young) [Lv. 40, 5*, no skill inheritance]

Klein (as he comes, but with Hone Atk 1 in C slot)

M!Robin (as he comes, but with Quick Riposte 2)

Tharja (Triange Adept 2, Axebreaker 3, Spur Res 3)

---

Side note... I thought Infernal gave you a 5* Legion... I only got a 4* and 2k feathers. Pretty disappointed actually......

53 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

It very well could be, but my sanaki doesnt have axe breaker, so she can’t kill the legion :( 

ill try moving nino and tharja around and hope Xander can kill red mage. My Xander has swordbreaker 3 in his B slot tho (and everything else is as he comes) 

My Xander could defeat the red mage in the third turn. But my Robin has Quick Reposte so the red mage may have taken more damage from my Robin than yours. :(

2 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

I beat Infernal using the exact same movement strategy, but with different units!

Tiki (young) [Lv. 40, 5*, no skill inheritance]

Klein (as he comes, but with Hone Atk 1 in C slot)

M!Robin (as he comes, but with Quick Riposte 2)

Tharja (Triange Adept 2, Axebreaker 3, Spur Res 3)

---

Side note... I thought Infernal gave you a 5* Legion... I only got a 4* and 2k feathers. Pretty disappointed actually......

Congrats! I was thinking about how to replace your characters... But I couldn't think of archers, because I don't have any...

I did it I finally beat Infernal! I'm down at least five stamina potions at this point but I did it! 

Michalis/Linde/Soren/Olivia(all with copious amounts of SI of course) finally pulled through for me after multiple rounds of "musical sacred seals", and being destroyed by that blue tome cavalier reinforcement upwards of twenty times. I was finally able to lure him to a place where Michalis could bash his skull in! 

I never want to brave this map again. 

I did Lunatic on kind of a whim. It took 3 tries before i realized i had the exact positinoing staring me in the face. Nino(4*)/Kagero(5*, darting blow 2)/Sanaki/Olivia.

Basically I focused on the right side. Just put nino up there, kills the blue mage. Following turn Kagero kills the right legion (w/ a dance dang that guy's fast) while Nino & Sanaki double team the new spawn Legion. Next turn Kagero kills the blue mage, Nino drags kagero closer and otherwise we hang together. Sanaki tanks a hit from the red mage. The stupid part was the next where

[C][A]
[M][-]

[San][O]
[N][K]

For some reason, I kept panicing and running all over the place to try & spilt them up, then sanaki gets doubled & dies. Turns out that Nino (with her gronnblade boosts from assorted passives) doubles & kills the spear cavalier on the fort tile, Kagero doubles & kills the bow on the tile, then Olivia can soften the mage and Sanaki grabs the kill. What a waste of stamina, i was in that exact position every other time.

Edited by r_n

beat lunatic, but infernal looks like it's prob. too much effort for me this time around. i need to commit to promoting olivia or male robin to 5* probably. i still only have the freebie neutral olivias, and my male robins don't have great natures. :/

Here’s my current Legion build. I have Reinhardt in front of him for 5* promotion, but he’ll get there eventually. Then I’ll be able to get him Legion axe +, fury 3, and if I get enough SP, Threaten Defense 2 and then 3. 

For some reason I thought beating Infernal would give me a 5*, not only another 4* and 2k feathers ?

AE32D094-47CF-4122-B69C-E4E19351E609.png

Edited by SaMaster14

• 1 month later...

Beat infernal this time, thanks to horse emblem. Had to spend quite a bit of stamina though, since the inflated stats gave even Xander trouble killing the legions.

However, clearing the quests on the lower difficulties became a cakewalk once I figured out the infernal strategy.

Now that the GHBs and BHBs have intro dialogue, I really want to see another rerun of all the previous ones before the C&L BHB

Edited by Korath88

31 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Paralogue 7-2 and 7-3.

Thanks. It helped a lot.

Alright so I did quest with exception of Lunatic GBH with Legion. That one is impossible for now. Saw video with all quest done in single run, but can't even partially replicate.

Quests weren't too bad for Xander/Reinhardt/Cecilia plus a guest.

The addition of dialogue for these battles is neat, although it gets repetitive seeing it a bunch of times. Seems like it'd be better to keep it to Hard like how story mode dialogue is only on Normal, or at least Hard/Lunatic since just Hard could be easy to miss, especially on reruns.

Brotel's F2P clear of all Legion quests in a single run feat. 5* Alfonse, 4* Legion, 4* Olivia, and 3* Felicia. Uses Lunatic map.

nstyler's F2P clear of Legion quests feat. 4* Alfonse/Legion, Stahl, Ursula, and Olivia

+Def Stahl takes pretty much 0 damage from Legion while on defensive terrain in Lunatic.

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

I have a suspicion we left out Xander and Camus as GHB repeats because they will become Banner Units to summon...

I have a suspicion they're trying to make an Infernal mode for them that doesn't get as easily trivialized as Lloyd's.

Edited by Ice Dragon

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have a suspicion they're trying to make an Infernal mode for them that doesn't get as easily trivialized as Lloyd's.

I had a pretty hard time with just the Lunatic versions of those units. Then again I didn't have the decked out Barracks lineup that I do now. I welcome the challenge.

Anyways, completed the Legion quests, no need for infernal as I beat it already. Took 2 stamina bars because I was sloppy but meh. As much as I would hate to go back to Infernal they should give incentive to beat it again, like 5 orbs or something like that.

The AI in this stage is so bizzarre 

I used xander/rein/titania(with hone)/legion on Lunaticand while it took a bunch of tries due to fine tuning positioning (& needing to give Legion a level), but for some reason doing this:

-Move Xander to the bottom right defense tile
-Move Rein to below the bottom left defense tile, with Titania under
-Move Legion to the right of titania

The AI will...have the right hand legion break the wall in front of him, then the Blue mage just comes to a stop in front of Xander. It feels like what it SHOULD try to do is break the upper wall, then have the blue mage do a clean sweep. I assume blue mage doesn't move first due to range units moving later in the order?

OnceI realized how the respawns spwaned it was just a matter of remembering the positioning and giving Legion enough sped to survive one (1) hit from enemy legions. The kicker being I forgot the final legion was vantage so I had to forgo the Legion klil here and just settled for the paralogues.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That seems strange. Making an Infernal map shouldn't take that long, and Lloyd's was as easy as it was in large part because his GHB was so much easier than the others in the first place.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

That seems strange. Making an Infernal map shouldn't take that long, and Lloyd's was as easy as it was in large part because his GHB was so much easier than the others in the first place.

Lloyd's was easy because there was this hammer man standing out in the middle of nowhere just waiting to be picked off. Any ranged cavalry could easily walk in, kill him, then get pulled out by a dancer without having anyone left in range for the enemy to attack.