Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to do all the new missions today, using the 2nd Paralogue for the "Kill Legion" Quests.  I also outfitted both Alphonse and Legion with Axebreaker from a couple spare Laslows.

Beat Lunatic Legion vs Legion using Delthea, Olivia, Sanaki and Legion.

what really helped was Sanaki having just the normal Red raven tome, allowing her to one shot the archer even on a defense tile. Legion and Delthea was mostly just there to kill blues.

Heh. I was smart about this - I started training my 4* Legion as soon as his re-run was announced. Tidied up all the orb quests just now, doing Legion kills Legion on P7-2.

And then I dived into Infernal. Took two stamina potions, but I finally hit on a strategy that worked with Reinhardt, Eirika, and both my Ninos.

Alfie is still 2* Lv. 26, so he's probably not going to kill a Lv. 40+ Legion. Ah well, it's not an orb.

Did the quests today... and will try to take my revenge on Infernal tomorrow. It terrifies me. It kicked my ass the first time around in june (may?) but that was a while ago.

It is the only infernal I haven't yet beat.

16 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Heh. I was smart about this - I started training my 4* Legion as soon as his re-run was announced. Tidied up all the orb quests just now, doing Legion kills Legion on P7-2.

And then I dived into Infernal. Took two stamina potions, but I finally hit on a strategy that worked with Reinhardt, Eirika, and both my Ninos.

Alfie is still 2* Lv. 26, so he's probably not going to kill a Lv. 40+ Legion. Ah well, it's not an orb.

You were smart about Legion yet still haven't trained your Askr trio who always appear on quests and are always bonus units in the arena. :o!

I just use a character like Jaffar with his HP draining dagger (+poison strike) to take characters down to 1 HP in these cases for weak characters to finish. I'm guessing even lv26 2* Alfonse could get the kill then. 

Finished all the quests yesterday without to much trouble. I gave my 5* Alphonse Axe Breaker to clear Infernal, so clearing Lunatic with him was pretty easy. I even used him when I was clearing the Legion kills Legion quest! (which means my first run was basicly a waste of starmina...)

I used 5* Reinhardt, and Alphonse and 4* Olivia and Legion on my second attempt. Reinhardt doesn't one shot an enemy Legion, so that gave my Legion an easy kill. After that it was just Reinhardt killing most things with dance support, Alphonse killing the Legions and my own Legion killing some leftover blues.

I swear, leveling all of my GHB units to lvl 40 was a pretty good idea, just like promoting the Askr trio to 5* (although I was pretty lucky it was Alphonse's turn this time). \endgloating

3 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Did the quests today... and will try to take my revenge on Infernal tomorrow. It terrifies me. It kicked my ass the first time around in june (may?) but that was a while ago.

It is the only infernal I haven't yet beat.

Do you have some Axe Breaker fodder (Laslow) lying around? I found that this map becomes a lot easier if you give that to a hard hitting red unit.

6 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Do you have some Axe Breaker fodder (Laslow) lying around? I found that this map becomes a lot easier if you give that to a hard hitting red unit.

No, but I've got it on Lilina & Xander. They trivialize Lunatic, really, but the blue reinforcements units were my problem if I recall, when I tried Infernal 2-3 months ago.

Maybe it'll be easier now, with a Nino on the roster that I did not have back then. 

The 'defeat Legion' quests ended up being a lot easier than I thought they were going to be on Lunatic. I thought I'd have trouble dragging 3* Alphonse and 4* Legion (Lv 32) through them, but actually having more than one Legion on the map made them so much easier to pick off. I don't need to worry about keeping him alive like in the other GBH quests. 

After much head-scratching, I finally figured out a way to do Infernal Legion with my horses. My Gunter being - Defence meant Xander had to tank more than I would have liked. The team:

• 5* Xander. Triangle Adept 2, Vantage 3, Spur Defence 3 (not required). Seal was HP +3. Assist was Reposition (not required), and proc was Bonfire.
  • 5* Reinhardt, + Speed, - Res. Death Blow 2, R Tomebreaker 2 (not required, usually Vantage 3), Goad Cavalry. Assist was Draw Back, and proc was New Moon.
  • 4* Gunter, + Attack, - Defence. Armoured Blow 2, Lancebreaker 1, Hone Cavalry. Assist was Pivot (not required), and proc was Night Sky.
  • 4* Cecilia, + Speed, - Attack. Attack 3, Escape Route 3 (not required), Ward Cavalry. Assist was Rally Resistance (not required), and proc was New Moon.

Positions: Xander top left, Cecilia top right, Gunter bottom left, Reinhardt bottom right.

Turn 1: Xander moves to the top right defensive tile, Reinhardt moves two tiles below him, Cecilia attacks the right Legion behind the wall, and Gunter goes under Reinhardt. On the EP, Xander takes attacks from both the Archer and the Red Mage, leaving him with 6HP. Right Legion breaks the lower wall, and left Legion breaks the lower wall. Blue Cavalry Mage moves all the way down.

Turn 2: Gunter attacks the Blue Cavalry Mage so Reinhardt can move next to Gunter and kill the Mage (the positioning is important). Xander kills the right Legion via Bonfire, and Cecilia occupies said Legion's spot. On the EP, the Archer breaks the top right wall, the Red Mage moves all the way down, and left Legion closes in on Xander. The Blue Cavalier, the Blue Mage, and the bottom Legion spawn.

Turn 3: Gunter moves to the tile above Cecilia, Reinhardt below her. On the EP, the original Legion on the right attacks Xander, the Archer moves one tile to the right, the Cavalier moves down below him, the new Legion closes in on Reinhardt, and the two Mages both move up.

Turn 4: Reinhardt attacks the Cavalier behind the wall, Cecilia kills the Archer behind the wall, Gunter moves all the way up to the top right corner of the map, and Xander occupies Gunter's old spot. On the EP, the Cavalier attacks Gunter and dies thanks to Lancebreaker, and the damaged Legion attacks Xander and dies due to Vantage + Bonfire. The Blue Mage moves up, the Red Mage goes under him, and the third Legion closes in on Xander. The Red Cavalier spawns.

Turn 5: Cecilia moves to the Blue Mage's range, Gunter goes to her right, Reinhardt to his right, and Xander below Reinhardt. On the EP, the Blue Mage attacks Cecilia and takes New Moon damage, Legion closes in on Xander, and the Red units both move up.

Turn 6: Gunter kills the Blue Mage, Reinhardt the Red Mage, and Xander moves one tile up. On the EP, Legion brings Xander down to 4HP, and the Red Cavalier attacks Reinhardt. The last Legion spawns between Xander and Cecilia.

Turn 7: Reinhardt moves down and attacks the Red Cavalier, while Gunter and Cecilia move as far left as they can, staying out of range. Xander attacks the newly-spawned Legion with a Bonfire hit, bringing Xander down to 2HP. On the EP, both Legions attack Xander and die because of Vantage, whilst the Red Cavalier attacks Reinhardt. A Blue Cavalier Mage spawns.

Turn 8: Reinhardt kills the Red Cavalier, Gunter attacks the Blue Cavalier Mage, and Cecilia kills the Cavalier Mage.

I mentioned on turn 2 that Reinhardt's position was important. This is because if he killed the Blue Cavalier Mage standing next to Cecilia, on the following turn, Cecilia wouldn't be able to wait next to Gunter without Reinhardt dying. This causes problems because when the Blue Lance Cavalier attacks Gunter on turn 4, Gunter can't kill the Cavalier, causing Lunge to activate. If this happened, there would have been no way to kill the Cavalier without someone being exposed to an enemy. This is because if Reinhardt attacks the Cavalier Mage on the other spot, the Red Mage doesn't move down all the way, but instead down one and right one, thus being closer to the group.

Edited by DodgeDusk

I had 15 Stamina left over after my pre-bed Tempest runs, and decided to spend it trying to clear Lunatic. Celica, Nino, Linde and Olivia managed the clear in one attempt, but I don't see any one of them dropping for Legion easily. At least I have a 4* Legion I might train to get the Legion vs Legion kill orb. Maybe.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

I had 15 Stamina left over after my pre-bed Tempest runs, and decided to spend it trying to clear Lunatic. Celica, Nino, Linde and Olivia managed the clear in one attempt, but I don't see any one of them dropping for Legion easily. At least I have a 4* Legion I might train to get the Legion vs Legion kill orb. Maybe.

Legion isn't to bad himself, so maybe you could replace Nino with him?

Not sure what strat you used though, so maybe not...

9 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Legion isn't to bad himself, so maybe you could replace Nino with him?

Not sure what strat you used though, so maybe not...

No, Nino's abilitiy to attack from 2 squares away was important to her role. Ditto with Linde, not so sure about Celica.

Olivia's Ruby Sword defence was awesome, though.

Done it, damn it. Only took several stamina potions and copying and tweaking strategies on Youtube. That's the second Infernal in a row that Klein wins for me.

I've now beaten all the Infernal.

Oh yeah! I finally beat Infernal !!! Just used 5* Bridelia, 4*MCorrin with bowbreaker, 5*Xander and 4*Olivia

This was... actually... Easy when I figured what I wanted to do and forced that godamn archer out of the defense tile... Is very late now, but hey!! I finally beat this map and take a video to conmemorate it haha

Bit late to the party, but managed to beat all of Infernal Legion's units with M!Robin, Xander, Eirika (Gray might have been a better choice, but for the speed boost) and Sonya. Started with that strategy involving M!Robin taking the archer and Sonya being my blue mage tank. However, because I couldn't take out all the units on the second turn, I started getting reinforcements. AND IT DIDN'T STOP UNTIL TURN 7. From there, it was pretty obvious. M!Robin also took out the red mage, repositioned Sonya at one point and did damage to the red cav reinforcement, Eirika couldn't do much because she got doubled by the Legions but still tanked one, finished another and beat the red cav with Glacies, Xander did the obvious role of tanking Legions and Sonya pretty much helped deal with the rest.

9 turn clear, and that's mostly because I kept defensive for the rest of the map.

• 7 months later...

Good thing the quests have to be done on Lunatic rather than Infernal! And that the GHBs cost 0 stamina.

Wind Clear: Lyn Emblem
Water Clear: Mergeable Armor Emblem
Earth Clear: RD Ike, Reinhardt, Xander, Cecilia
Fire Clear: LA Hector, LA Eliwood, Winter Tharja, Amelia

Edited by Roflolxp54

Looks like I'll have to actually put some better thought into my blessed units. The garden maps was one thing, but I might not be able to clear these GHBs with the current few I have blessed for each type.

I gave each of my dragons a different blessings and they all managed to pretty much completely pull their weight alone. The way Nowi handled all the Legions and even the mages with -RES. I put her on a defense tile, of course.

I like these new challenges a lot, but I'm also really glad we don't have to do this on Infernal.

Water and Earth teams neutralized Legion pretty easily. Fire and Wind I need to think about some more as I haven't put a decent tank on either of those teams yet. Although, I gave Xander fire, so it shouldn't be too hard to do. Right now though, sleep is a must.