Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

While we have the discussion of cancerous Healers in the Arena Discussion i thought i resend Azama squad into GHB: Legion. This time with Infernal! (last year i only managed to do Lunatic, because i didnt have many merges and the healer weapon refine wasnt there yet!)

Also: Azama is a bad unit!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LordFrigid A full EP clear, congratulations! It has it's own difficulties, because those Legions cause panic only on EP. 

Really cool Fae (MvP here), her special was perfectly timed. Arvis' DEF ploy was necessary to kill the Archer, first I thought it was his ATK ploy too keep Fae in QR range. 

Did you record this before to know what would happen to Virion? 

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Did you record this before to know what would happen to Virion? 

Caeda and Fae were on my Water team for the quests, and I basically did that same thing. So I had an idea of how it would play out from that. I needed to make the adjustment of adding Arvis in there, but I knew going in that the 4th slot was a dump slot.

@Zeo @mampfoid @DefyingFates

Well, here it is. The first GHB that made me want to pull my hair has now been conquered by Eirika, it may look pretty easy now but for me this one was the hardest GHB ever, to the point I almost run out of stamina pots the first time it was available and I'm really proud to see my girl make it seem like child's play.

@Alexmender I was really wondering if this was going to give you trouble since Legion can reverse Eirika's buffs, but no such thing. She trivialized the map. Can't believe once upon a time this was the hardest map to beat in the entire game.

I used this map to grind some SP for Horse Eirika and found it more entertaining than the training maps. Assembled a team of units I like but play too seldom (Jeorge, F!Celica, Hinoka, Sakura) and solved Infernal just for fun. 

• 6 months later...

@Alexmender Oh hey! This is one of those GHB's I beat before I started tagging you! Just realized that. Anyways.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Landmaster @Azuris @Nanima @ruruo @SatsumaFSoysoy @Hilda @daisy jane @Baldrick @eclipse (I know I haven't really been tagging you, just let me know if you don't want me to.)

Old Matthew Clear: 

Spoiler

First GHB of the new rotation, and off to... a more coasting start than I expected. 

I forgot that without the refinement, Legion's debuff only effects those he actually attacks, which pretty much trivialized him for Matthew since he attacks normally from 2 range. Which turned out to make this easy enough to beat in a single try. Matthew does what he does, Ayra mops up the seconds, Inigo dances and kills a straggler, Genny didn't even need to attack this time. Somewhat uneventful given what I expected of difficulty, but it's done.

Honestly what made this take so long was my indecisiveness at picking music @mcsilas! Really wanted a rock tune but so many different tracks suited this battle and this took an hour or two longer than it should have honestly. Still not sure I'm 100% happy with the selection, but I couldn't spend any more time on it. Funny how what was once the new standard of difficulty for the game has been trivialized at this point by not only power creep but just plain overall improvement on just about every unit you can think of thanks to the refinery. It's cool, but a bit saddening.

Since in the next couple weeks I'll be done with clears I started looking into my backlog. A lot of the older GHB's are simple and easy and I'm not really interested in going back and beating them with different teams. Morgan doesn't have to beat every special map nor does every special map need a special clear. This one however was an exception. Legion set the standard for difficulty back when it came out as the very first infernal map and it can still be challenging for the newer player so it deserved to be revisited. Perhaps there will be others but for now this is the only one.

For Morgan however, this map wasn't so tough. Legion is quite the bulky contender and there's a lot of him. Morgan can't oneshot him without his tome's effect but with Ninian by his side the Legions, while many, drop like flies. Enter Amelia with her warping nonsense and you have a good time. Honestly warping Amelia is probably one of the funnest and most satisfying things for me in this game, even more than Morgan himself. She and he wiped the map nicely, barely breaking a sweat in the process. 

The track I used I've been trying to find the right map to use on for the longest, I'm still not convinced as I wanted to use it on a Matthew clear so you may very well see it in the future so keep just that in mind. Now let's go.

I actually wanted to do a special clear as well but I only had the idea at the very last minute so I wasn't able to get team comp and everything done in time but I'll definitely be revisiting this map next week since I've since gotten my team all sown up. Look forward to one more clear of this map. Then we'll be done for good.

For now, cheers~

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

For Morgan however, this map wasn't so tough.

Of course Morgan would like a map full of Axe units.

I liked already the start with a lot of WoM usage. Morgan tanking/killing the other red mage at 10 HP was pretty cool. The end looked like it was going to be a final showdown between (ultimate) Legion and Amelia, but Morgan climbed the podium to her aid. 

I still fear how the Abyssal version of this map will look like. Looking forward to your other clears! 

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Alexmender Oh hey! This is one of those GHB's I beat before I started tagging you! Just realized that. Anyways.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Landmaster @Azuris @Nanima @ruruo @SatsumaFSoysoy @Hilda @daisy jane @Baldrick @eclipse (I know I haven't really been tagging you, just let me know if you don't want me to.)

Old Matthew Clear: 

Hide contents

First GHB of the new rotation, and off to... a more coasting start than I expected. 

I forgot that without the refinement, Legion's debuff only effects those he actually attacks, which pretty much trivialized him for Matthew since he attacks normally from 2 range. Which turned out to make this easy enough to beat in a single try. Matthew does what he does, Ayra mops up the seconds, Inigo dances and kills a straggler, Genny didn't even need to attack this time. Somewhat uneventful given what I expected of difficulty, but it's done.

Honestly what made this take so long was my indecisiveness at picking music @mcsilas! Really wanted a rock tune but so many different tracks suited this battle and this took an hour or two longer than it should have honestly. Still not sure I'm 100% happy with the selection, but I couldn't spend any more time on it. Funny how what was once the new standard of difficulty for the game has been trivialized at this point by not only power creep but just plain overall improvement on just about every unit you can think of thanks to the refinery. It's cool, but a bit saddening.

Since in the next couple weeks I'll be done with clears I started looking into my backlog. A lot of the older GHB's are simple and easy and I'm not really interested in going back and beating them with different teams. Morgan doesn't have to beat every special map nor does every special map need a special clear. This one however was an exception. Legion set the standard for difficulty back when it came out as the very first infernal map and it can still be challenging for the newer player so it deserved to be revisited. Perhaps there will be others but for now this is the only one.

For Morgan however, this map wasn't so tough. Legion is quite the bulky contender and there's a lot of him. Morgan can't oneshot him without his tome's effect but with Ninian by his side the Legions, while many, drop like flies. Enter Amelia with her warping nonsense and you have a good time. Honestly warping Amelia is probably one of the funnest and most satisfying things for me in this game, even more than Morgan himself. She and he wiped the map nicely, barely breaking a sweat in the process. 

The track I used I've been trying to find the right map to use on for the longest, I'm still not convinced as I wanted to use it on a Matthew clear so you may very well see it in the future so keep just that in mind. Now let's go.

I actually wanted to do a special clear as well but I only had the idea at the very last minute so I wasn't able to get team comp and everything done in time but I'll definitely be revisiting this map next week since I've since gotten my team all sown up. Look forward to one more clear of this map. Then we'll be done for good.

For now, cheers~

Can relate to attempting to beat Legion with Morgan so I know how annoying it is when he can't be doubled but once Morgan's low enough to where Amelia can fly in and finish them off, he's golden. I didn't expect him to get brought down to 1HP but by that point, Amelia and Priscilla show up to finish off the rest. The original clear was also pretty much a breeze, Matthew got it done without much need for his teammates beside their usual Support Buffs~

@Zeo Time sure flies. I think at that time I was gloating about how Flier Emblem was super OP and never recorded stuff (I got bored of that pretty quickly, now I barely use my Flier team outside of quests and AA). 

Anyways, it's interesting to see how far your team has come. Here Matthew depends a lot on Genny's heals but nowadays he's pretty self sufficient thanks to Aether+Flashing Blade seal and Genny went from just a healer to a colorless mage that focus on damage/debuffs. 

The Morgan clear was pretty nice too. That moment when Morgan survived at 1 HP was nerve wracking but all went according to plan allowing Amelia to teleport freely and destroy stuff. Very good!

Let's see what the special clear will bring.

@Zeo

Oh yes, this battle was really annoying when I first did it with the second ghb rotation and my teams weren't that good, yet.

But Morgan was really good at dealing with him and Ninian was also really important, even without going in a fight. Also poor Morgan never gets healed and barely survives that one hit, just so other can use him for wings.

Good job and hey, we get a special clear to look forward to.

@daisy jane Fun fact! My M!Morgan is +SPD/-ATK. Had he been -HP or -RES, he would have died here. The name of the game is to make the most of what you're working with. I've been in tons of situations with Morgan where any other bane but -ATK would have spelled his end. Not to say I won't eventually swap him out for -HP or something, but that's probably some merges down the line.

@mampfoid Abyssal Legion will be truly something to fear. Refined Legion's Axe+ where he doesn't even have to attack in order to get the buff off, and it'll have an AoE effect. The stuff of nightmares. I'm almost disappointed that I'll be done recording clears at that point.

43 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Abyssal Legion will be truly something to fear. Refined Legion's Axe+ where he doesn't even have to attack in order to get the buff off, and it'll have an AoE effect. The stuff of nightmares. I'm almost disappointed that I'll be done recording clears at that point.

Perhaps it'll make me quit too, lol. 

@Zeo Nice Morgan clear, it's a shame he misses out on KOs but his teammates sure were there to finish things off. Morgan living by 1 HP after the red mage encounter was a bit scary but with a healer in your team it doesn't matter too much

Looking back at it now, Legion is more manageable than some of the latest reinforcement maps. Amazing how times change.

11 hours ago, Zeo said:

@daisy jane Fun fact! My M!Morgan is +SPD/-ATK. Had he been -HP or -RES, he would have died here. The name of the game is to make the most of what you're working with. I've been in tons of situations with Morgan where any other bane but -ATK would have spelled his end. Not to say I won't eventually swap him out for -HP or something, but that's probably some merges down the line.

story of my life! ;) i've been dealing with so many -atk units adaptation has become a skill :D 
I should check morgan's bane. (I also have a few merges so i am pretty sure i can get the atk to neutral with it so i'm not too sour) :)

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Landmaster @Nanima @ruruo @eclipse @SatsumaFSoysoy @Azuris @Baldrick @daisy jane

Wow, it's been a week already eh? Well, here's the special clear. It's a Shadow Dragon clear this time! I wanted to use more SD or New Mystery characters but my Luke is utterly worthless and I don't have a built Roderick so you'll have to settle for what you see here. I actually did try to use Roderick the first go around, but I ran out of time. Shortly after that Immediately thought of another unit that could take his place and immediately facepalmed. 

A week later the map fell apart so fast even I wasn't expecting it. I upgraded the Deflect Magic seal specifically for this clear and I didn't even end up needing it after swapping out Roderick. I will say that positioning was the most important here. Having a blue unit to guide the Legions into the proper place was the single most important part of clearing this map. Even after beating it though, I realized I could finish the map without actually running the whole gauntlet, so I incorporated the QR seal as the cherry on top. I thought, what better way to finish up this map than to snuff it out completely. Legion didn't stand a chance.

Cheers~

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Clever way to deal with the Brave Archer. I usually attack one of the legions, tank/kill a mage and hope I'll get an idea for the archer later. But you had other plans with the Legions obviously. 

I knew of your supermerged Merric, but Growing Wind on the assembled Legions was great. Athena was a surprise too (honestly didn't know from which game she was from), and what a great way to end this map. I was curious of why it was so short, avoiding reinforcements is usually my thing. :-) 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Landmaster @Nanima @ruruo @eclipse @SatsumaFSoysoy @Azuris @Baldrick @daisy jane

Wow, it's been a week already eh? Well, here's the special clear. It's a Shadow Dragon clear this time! I wanted to use more SD or New Mystery characters but my Luke is utterly worthless and I don't have a built Roderick so you'll have to settle for what you see here. I actually did try to use Roderick the first go around, but I ran out of time. Shortly after that Immediately thought of another unit that could take his place and immediately facepalmed. 

A week later the map fell apart so fast even I wasn't expecting it. I upgraded the Deflect Magic seal specifically for this clear and I didn't even end up needing it after swapping out Roderick. I will say that positioning was the most important here. Having a blue unit to guide the Legions into the proper place was the single most important part of clearing this map. Even after beating it though, I realized I could finish the map without actually running the whole gauntlet, so I incorporated the QR seal as the cherry on top. I thought, what better way to finish up this map than to snuff it out completely. Legion didn't stand a chance.

Cheers~

This was a quick one, LOL, Legion didn't even get a chance to breathe~ Merric got to shine a bit more here, that was nice!~ Athena easily ate those Legions and Camus finished off the mage easily~