What's everyone's backlog of games for 2017?

henrymidfields

I've got a pretty big backlog, so I'll only be including new runs. There are only two/three games I'm planning on picking up this year so my backlog won't change much otherwise.

Beaten thus far in 2017:

- Twilight Princess HD 100%

- Zero Escape (999, VR, ZTD) 100%

- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Currently working through:

- Fire Emblem Echoes Act 6

- Ocarina of Time (Final Temple, then collectable clean up, then beat the game)

- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Hoping to go back to:

- LoZ A Link Between Worlds (Final Dungeon, but I need to collect everything I missed. Turns out I missed a lot)

- TES Skyrim (It was fun, then when I hit Lv 30 I just kinda stopped playing. It'd be nice to go back and at least finish the main story)

- Okamiden (Loved the first game, but I couldn't get into the second. Maybe trying it again after awhile will make it better

- Super Mario 3d World (World Crown, that final level is so tough)

- Fire Emblem Fates Conquest Lunatic Run (Only route I haven't done on Lunatic, not looking forward to it. Conquest is brutal on the higher difficulties)

An update to my backlog in the original post, I'm getting even more conflicted now with my Wii purchase plans. The FE Tellius games in particular seems very expensive for being secondhand stuff. (I'm wondering why Nintendo doesn't do disk writing services-on-order like they used to do with the Lawson Rom-writing cartidges...) Initially I was thinking about getting a backwards compatible Wii to be able to play a linked FE PoR-RD playthrough, but now I'm not so sure. Supposed if the Tellius games actually be re-released in HD, or as a remake, or through VC. Would the prices for the secondhand copies go down to more reasonable levels, based on similar cases in the past? (This is assuming that the data transfer feature isn't in the rerelease/remake.)

I'm also kind of reconsidering getting SoV to be honest, due to hearing/reading some discouraging opinions in regards to both Alm and Celica and their plots, amongst other things. At least with FE Conquest, for all of the crap both the story and Corrin get, I am actually having fun making up my own alternate story (and alternate Corrin) in my LP, and I was able to do this without much difficulty. And the characters had some entertaining fanservice; if mostly in a so-bad-it's-awesome way...

Edited by henrymidfields

Only similar case that comes to mind for me is Xenoblade Chronicles. You can get Xenoblade Chronicles on E-Shop for around $19, 3ds version for $40, and the Wii version for $30-$40. Before the other version were released I remember it being rather hard to get hold of, new copies still go for around $60 (highest I seen for awhile was £119.99 on Amazon UK for a new copy). I'd say the price will probably go down if there's a rerelease but it might not be by a huge amount, it's probably easier to wait either way.

Edited by Bandit

4 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

An update to my backlog in the original post, I'm getting even more conflicted now with my Wii purchase plans. The FE Tellius games in particular seems very expensive for being secondhand stuff. (I'm wondering why Nintendo doesn't do disk writing services-on-order like they used to do with the Lawson Rom-writing cartidges...) Initially I was thinking about getting a backwards compatible Wii to be able to play a linked FE PoR-RD playthrough, but now I'm not so sure. Supposed if the Tellius games actually be re-released in HD, or as a remake, or through VC. Would the prices for the secondhand copies go down to more reasonable levels, based on similar cases in the past? (This is assuming that the data transfer feature isn't in the rerelease/remake.)

I'm also kind of reconsidering getting SoV to be honest, due to hearing/reading some discouraging opinions in regards to both Alm and Celica and their plots, amongst other things. At least with FE Conquest, for all of the crap both the story and Corrin get, I am actually having fun making up my own alternate story (and alternate Corrin) in my LP, and I was able to do this without much difficulty. And the characters had some entertaining fanservice; if mostly in a so-bad-it's-awesome way...

SoV's Plot is at worst mediocre and has in total one stupid moment (which is far less than most FE's can claim to have) three if you're being really nitpicky, that people have blown out of proportion and if you can handle FE 8 you can handle it. I think it's actually pretty good especially by FE standards and one the best FE has had in years even if that's not saying much. The voice acting and presentation really put its plot well above other FE games. The gameplay is very different though and will be divisive if your adverse to change and don't really want something unique gameplay wise then I would recommend against it. But the story should be the least of your concerns unless you're someone that hates Erika's route with a burning passion.

Edited by Locke087

• 3 weeks later...

For another update to my backlog: Well, I finally got around to order a GC-compatible Wii the other day. What's even better is that it is set region-free, allowing me to get Japanese exclusives. It also would allow me to get Japanese versions of the Tellius games, as they are much lower priced than the US/EU versions. After I finish Majora's Mask, I'm going to be tackling Skyward Sword, which I got from EB Games for $30. Fingers crossed. I'm also going to get F-Zero GX, because I refuse to put up with the lame kindergarden-level DLC versions in Cheatfest Kart 8 and I'm going to flip the bird at the dev team I renewed my interest in the franchise after seeing Youtube footages of the game.

Also, I finished not only the main story for Majora's Mask, but also collected all 24 masks! Hooray!

UPDATE 2: The Wii arrived! :D

Edited by henrymidfields