What's everyone's backlog of games for 2017?

henrymidfields

So in continuation of last year, I might want to examine how everyone managed their backlog of games compared to when I last started the previous thread last year. In my case, compared to last year:

I finished:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS (both normal and Master)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening (Once; got bored on my second run and stopped in Chapter 16)
  • Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (Twice: on Normal and Hard)
  • Pokémon Y (except for the remaining 50+ (mainly Gen 3 Pokémon) for the National Pokedex)
  • Pokemon Black 1
  • Pokémon Black 2 (except going to Nuvema Town, the sea routes off Route 1, and Black Tower)
  • Hyrule Warriors (Main story) - done in April 2017
  • LoZ Majora's Mask - done in July 2017

My current backlog is:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Finishing the Pokedex in Pokémon Y (This will be my very first time in the franchise.)
  • Go through the remaining routes in Pokémon Black 2 and the Black Tower (I'm not going to bother with the PWT.)
  • Doing Birthright in addition to Fates Conquest and Revelations Cancelled as of January 2017
  • Hyrule Warriors See above
  • LoZ Link Between Worlds
  • Pokémon not-Fates Conquest (This may or may not help me get some ideas for History of Shoyo...a fanfic for Poke-Japan that I am planning on)
  • LoZ Spirit Tracks
  • Pokemon Sun and Moon

I still have yet to get a Wii/Wii U/Switch for:

Reveal hidden contents
  • The two FE Tellius games (as one is GC and should be compatible with Wii) - apparently I heard that it has a high-level story not seen in other FE entries.
  • LoZ Twilight Princess
  • LoZ Skyward Sword?
  • Pokemon: Colosseum
  • Pokemon: Gale of Darkness
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  • F-Zero GC
  • LoZ Wind Waker
  • LoZ Twilight Princess
  • LoZ Breath of the Wild

Edited by henrymidfields

i would hold off on getting a Wii for the Tellius games. They're SUPER expensive these days because of how rare they've become. And there's a good chance that they'll be re-released someday for eShop or something due to Ike's popularity. But yes, they have an excellent story!

Zelda: Skyward Sword is also awesome! I've been meaning to replay it, but still haven't found where it's packed away at... It might also get an HD re-release though, like TP and TWW did. I remember something about Nintendo not being against the idea.

My current backlog are Pokemon Diamond and Platinum (and HeartGold to a lesser extent. I also played through SoulSilver to the point where I could challenge Red, but I won't be doing any Pokedex stuff there, that's just too much since I already am doing it for at least two other gen 4 games), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

i would hold off on getting a Wii for the Tellius games. They're SUPER expensive these days because of how rare they've become. And there's a good chance that they'll be re-released someday for eShop or something due to Ike's popularity. But yes, they have an excellent story!

And yet, we all wonder how the heck did they not sell well at launchtime... I wonder how would they do the link bonus between the two Tellius games.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Zelda: Skyward Sword is also awesome! I've been meaning to replay it, but still haven't found where it's packed away at... It might also get an HD re-release though, like TP and TWW did. I remember something about Nintendo not being against the idea.

Already?! I know Wind Waker and Twlight Princess has a HD release, but that seems really quick... Though, that would make my Zelda quest easier. Now, if they only could remake the NES Zelda games... I have to say, I'm really growing in my love for Zelda - especially Hyrule Warriors. It's awesome being the bad guy for a change...and actually win for once!

I also just realised, I need to play Geneaology of the Holy War too, most likely on an Emulator. (Luckily, Japanese is my first language for that.)

Edited by henrymidfields

2 minutes ago, henrymidfields said:

And yet, we all wonder how the heck did they not sell well at launchtime... I wonder how would they do the link bonus between the two Tellius games.

Already?! I know Wind Waker and Twlight Princess has a HD release, but that seems really quick... Though, that would make my Zelda quest easier. Now, if they only could remake the NES Zelda games...

I also just realised, I need to play Geneaology of the Holy War too, most likely on an Emulator. (Luckily, Japanese is my first language for that.)

Yeah, Tellius was not given a fair chance to sell well at all. Little to no marketing, poor release times (PoR when the GC was dying, and RD around the time Super Mario Galaxy AND Smash Bros. Brawl came out), and a low print run. Of course they weren't going to sell that well! Mario or Pokemon wouldn't sell as well as usual with that kind of crap!

What do you mean already? It's been six and a half years since Skyward Sword first came out in November 2011. That's not all that recent. But yeah. I really want the HD release too! Skyward Sword with Amiibo would ROCK! Especially since SS Link got an Amiibo. :D But if only I could get my hands on it. It's an Amazon exclusive, but it's not available now.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What do you mean already? It's been six and a half years since Skyward Sword first came out in November 2011. That's not all that recent. But yeah. I really want the HD release too! Skyward Sword with Amiibo would ROCK! Especially since SS Link got an Amiibo. :D But if only I could get my hands on it. It's an Amazon exclusive, but it's not available now.

I admit, Skyward Sword felt like it only came out yesterday. Actually, anything that happened post-2010 feels like yesterday, to be honest.

On a different note, did you end up playing all three games for Fates? That was my initial plan from last year until my current Conquest LP getting constantly delayed, along with reviews of Conquest's story and Revelation's gameplay being atrocious, and Birthright/Revelation's story also not being liked very much either.

Edited by henrymidfields

1 minute ago, henrymidfields said:

I admit, Skyward Sword felt like it only came out yesterday. Actually, anything that happened post-2010 feels like yesterday, to be honest.

On a different note, did you end up playing all three games for Fates? That was my initial plan from last year until my current Conquest LP kept getting constantly delayed, along with reviews of Conquest's story and Revelation's gameplay being atrocious, and Birthright/Revelation's story also not being liked very much either.

Heh, understandable, I guess! :P

No, only Birthright and a little bit of Revelation. I don't have any interest in Conquest. Gameplay-wise, it looks great, but I'm turned away from the story and characters.

My Backlog:

Spoiler

Still haven't gotten around to finishing Skyward Sword. And I've resigned myself to not finishing Triforce Heroes (Soloing The Lady is just awful). Never beat WW or LoZ MQ either- my Courage is lacking when it comes to the Ghost Ship/Shadow Temple.

I did beat Xenoblade Chronicles X's story, and I've done most of the Affinity Missions (Murderess and H.B. were fairly good in spite of a few bumps, Yelv's is enigmatic, Phog and Frye were middle-of-the-road, Boze's and Alexa's ended poorly, and Irina's second was bad. And what is with Mia's "fathers" line at the end of her mission- did she mean father and stepfather or gay parents? It was done solely for shock value and contributes nothing to her without explanation.). Though I still have a couple of those left, plus Heart-to-Hearts, NPCs Mission, and the Mira Survey to complete. I think I'll skip fighting the superbosses for reasons of tedium, at least on foot.

My Black 2 copy is still unplayed after all these years. Maybe this is what I need to get back into the Pokemon franchise with.

EOU2 is still sitting at Juggernaut, SMT:SJ at Eridanus. EOU has progressed to the final boss on Expert Classic, I just need to grind to survive Root Cyclone. Also, I'm so afraid of Kingly Resolve- I have a Troubadour and Ronin- I NEED my buffs!

Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition- I want the good ending, but the Above the Treetops platforming section is too long and challenging.

Affordable Space Adventures- got it in the Humble Bundle, but only picked it up once. It's good though, I just hope the ending isn't sad.

Runbow's red stages are often too brutal- particularly when lasers are involved.

Gunstar Heroes was bad idea to buy, even on sale.

Never completed SMB3, SML2, WL2, NSMB, NSMBW, NSMBWU (though I got really far in all of these games). Never 100% pretty much any Mario game, but I'm fine with settling with just completing the final non-bonus stage on all of these.

Need to replay Valkyria Chronicles, ToG, and FFX-2 from scratch due to data loss. Never want to touch FFX's postgame- it looks far too tedious.

Boxboy and Crashmo have all the "story" puzzles done, the bonus ones however are untouched basically.

Really want to get back to Bravely Second- stopped after the Hot Springs dungeon.

I want to fill in the "bad" Armageddon scenes in Odin Sphere. And I also want to begin Digital Devil Saga 2 and Suikoden III, but I feel like I'd be undertaking too much then. Shouldn't I focus on SJ instead of starting another SMT (and I'm playing Raidou 1 right now too)?

Plan to eventually do a Lunatic run of TMS.

41 minutes ago, henrymidfields said:

Nintendo didn't bother with the FE7 Double Dash bonus items (or FE6's or FE8's), so I have my doubts they'll integrate them. This said, Capcom did make it in the Mega Man Battle Network VC games so that'd you get the chips you would have to trade for in the original GBA versions. Sony also made it possible to transfer data from PS2 Classic Digital Devil Saga to its sequel, and from the original Suikoden to its sequel, but no Suikoden I&II to III transfer feature.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Games I've played in the last 365 days -

Spoiler

Sonic Lost World
Xenoblade Chronicles
Yumi's Odd Odyssey
Shovel Knight / Plague of Shadows
Yoshi's Woolly World
SteamWorld Heist
Guacamelee!: Super Turbo Championship Edition
Nanostray 1 and 2
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
Sonic Generations
Pokemon Moon
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Bayonetta

I typically have a very small backlog. If I still have games left to play, I don't buy more unless it's something I really want or it's on sale.

Edited by Zera

Oh boy, where to begin? Here's the path looking back. Lots of Nintendo games this year. I don't really plan the games I pick out of my backlog. Sometimes I Fortune Cookie for a random pick. I just finished Persona 5 and I'm working to finish up Fire Emblem Echoes. After that, I guess I'm interested in a NG+ Max social Link run of Persona 5, but that would take a while and I'd need a good guide to help. I feel like a good action game at this time of year. 

I finished Tales of Berseria, Catherine, the two Trails of Cold Steel parts and Echoes this year.

The only games I own as copy I still have to finish are both Tales of Symphonia parts and Ocarina of Time.

Edited by アリサ ラインフォルト

Well I will only list my top 4 I need to beat since my list will be too long other wise

LoZ II Adventure of Link I started this one last summer but decided to take a long break because I was getting too many deaths and I didn't want to grind

LoZ Breath of the Wilds I need to finish this one because other then BotW and AoL I have beat every Zelda game, I stopped playing this one due to personal reasons but I plan to finish it fairly soon

SMT IV Apocalypse I barely started this game when I first got the game but other things came up and I need to get back to it

Fire Emblem Echoes SoV I ended up just putting this game aside for a while but I plan on picking it back up soon since I really like it.

This just my top 4 I have a few others I need to finish as well, but these come first.

My backlog is only Thracia as of now. If you exclude the fire emblem games that have been remade, it's the only FE I still haven't beaten, and I set my mind of starting it... eventually.

Other than that, I've beaten pretty much all the games I started this year, and there's nothing else that I 'have to play'. 

So far, those are the games I've beaten for the first time this year:

-Final Fantasy XV

-Resident Evil VII

-Final Fantasy VII

-Zelda Breath of the Wild

-Nioh

-Tales of Berseria

-Persona 5

-Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia

-Nier Automata

I have far, far too many games in my backlog. Here's a large sample from an even larger list... (I will never have enough time to do everything I want to do...)

Games Finished since June 2016

Spoiler

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen: I was interested in Dragon's Dogma when I first heard of it, but upon playing it it became one of my most favorite games of all time. I want to go back to finish up Hard Mode and maybe some of the other modes. (I'm hoping for Dragon's Dogma 2 to be released, and I don't mean the MMO version.)
Dungeons II: I managed to get the vanilla game for free during one of the Humble Bundle giveaways. I beat the vanilla campaign, but I am unsure if I will pick up the DLC.
Earth Defense Force 4.1 - Shadow of New Despair: I still need to get back to finishing up the DLC, but EDF is one of those games that will take ages to fully complete. Still, it is always fun blowing up giant insects while protecting the Earth. EDF! EDF!
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: Picked it up shortly after its launch and played through it. I had a blast playing through Echoes, and plan on picking up the DLC and fully completing the game at some point.
God Eater Resurrection: I fully finished the storyline of GER and then transitioned into GE2 shortly afterwards, but I guess I lost steam since I stopped playing GE2 after a time. That, and I prefer GER's gameplay and cast of characters overall, although 2's is all right.

Other Titles Played
Dungeon Fighter Online: I had a brief marathon with DFO last year, but DFO is not a game one really finishes.
OpenRA: An open source remake of the original Red Alert, Command and Conquer, and Dune 2000. They are RTS games made by Westwood back in the day.
Planetside 2: A MMOFPS game with a focus on combined arms (aircraft, vehicles, and infantry) and tactics. Every now and then I become active in PS2 before returning to slumber (playing other titles instead).
Renegade X: A FPS/TPS with a focus of combined arms and unique gameplay with structures and base sieges. Takes place in Command and Conquer Tiberian Dawn's universe.
Starcraft II: I like messing around on the Arcade (Undead Assault Chronicles, Oh No Its Zombies Arctic, Infested Installation), and the official Co-Op mode.
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: I starting playing this recently (like this week). It's all right for a F2P Kirby title.

Games Needing to be Resumed

Spoiler

Super Mario 64: Star Road: Looks it up for more information, it's pretty awesome!
Tactics Ogre SNES: Another game one needs to look up.

Darkest Dungeon: I started a playthrough, but never managed to go into the Darkest Dungeon itself yet. The "visions" one sees after doing it once is turning me off, and I do not know if there are any options anywhere to turn that off.
God Eater 2 Rage Burst: I finished the vanilla story and need to finish the expansion's story mode.
LoZ: Majora's Mask: It is on my Wiii U (the Wii Eshop Port). I have memories of playing this with a friend when I was a kid, and want to properly beat it some day.
Skulls of the Shogun: Picked it up when it was on sale. It is pretty solid, but other games took my attention.
Star Wars Empire at War: I only played it briefly when I first got it, but I really want to get back to it at some point.
Valkyria Chronicles: I am was in the middle of a playthrough when I was obsessed with Valkyrie Chronicles, but then I think I transitioned into Steins;Gate marathon instead. It is an awesome game and I need to get back to it...
Xenoblade Chronicles: Still need to beat the final boss even though I am already there. Still want to do the all the sidequests beforehand though...
Ys II: Still need to resume my playthrough of YS II...

Games Needing to be Completed

Spoiler

Transistor: I managed to sit myself down and play through the main story in one sitting, but I really want to back through for NewGame+ and to get all the achievements.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown: I want to pick up a couple of achievements for this title, even though the sequel is definitely tempting.
Xenoblade Chronicles X: Need to do the sidequests!

Games to Go Back To

Spoiler

Battle for Wesnoth: It is a free turn based strategy game with tons of content in its base release as well as user-made content. I have so many campaigns I have yet to finish in Wesnoth...
Dungeon Fighter Online: I enjoy playing DFO and got back into it as of late, but do not have as much time to play it as I would like.
Guild Wars 2: I transitioned into Guild Wars 2 as my MMORPG of choice after leaving World of Warcraft, but stopped playing during the first Living World season the game became more like work instead of a fun experience due to all the "Seasonal Achievements." However, the game itself is still fairly solid, so I want to try and get back to it at some point.

Games to Start

Spoiler

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky: I bought it in November of last year, but I still haven't gotten around to playing this yet. Currently I'm messing around with Starcraft II and a little bit of Dungeon Fighter Online when I am not messing around with Nintendo titles.
YS VI: The Ark of Napishtim: Another YS game I need to actually start. Like Trails in the Sky, I picked it up in November of last year.

Games to Purchase

Spoiler

Fire Emblem Warriors: I am a fan of the Warriors series and Fire Emblem. I don't mind the "focus roster" since I like many characters across FE titles and I am sure I'll have a blast with FE Warriors like I did with Hyrule Warriors.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: It looks like a good game, so I want to pick it up.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: I didn't give the original the attention it deserved, and getting all the DLC pre-packaged is a nice bonus.
Splatoon 2: I loved the original Splatoon, even though I didn't play it as much as I wanted to. I look forward to the sequel, especially Salmon Run and the new Single Player mode.
Super Mario Odyssey: 3D Mario. I do not need to say anything else.
XCOM 2: I'm a fan of turn-based strategy games and enjoyed the XCOM reboot of Enemy Unknown. Due to its price and being busy with other titles, I haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet.

Edited by Sire

8 minutes ago, Sire said:

Xenoblade Chronicles: Still need to beat the final boss even though I am already there. Still want to do the all the sidequests beforehand though...

Don't! I did, it was not a good idea! The level curve means if you aim to fight all the superbosses and get all the 5th Skill Trees, the final battle will be totally unfun and unepic when you get to it- just as it was for me.

The final boss's level, which isn't shown, is only 82, and Seven, Reyn, Melia, and Riki all have 5th Skill trees that may require grinding to far above that level (particularly for Seven- whose 5th is the worst anyhow). You can get Shulk's, Sharla's and I think Dunban's without level worries though.

I'd recommend going ahead and taking out the final boss now. Then, either reset the game after the credits are done, or make a clear data save separate from your pre-final battle save.

Pssh, backlogs. I kind of have one, but I don't let it affect when I play games since that's silly.

Beaten:
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Messing around with postgame and waiting for the rest of the DLC before starting a new file
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy + - Just getting max kill rates and every special weapon, not concerned with getting S ranks everywhere
7th Dragon 3: Code VFD - Postgame garbage with refights. I hope Hypnos is here.
-other games go here-

Need to/Should beat:
Tokyo MIrage Sessions #FE - So I'm in the intermission before chapter 3, the chapter I can get Mamori. But I got side tracked
Xenoblade Chronicles X - I took a quest that involves monkeys. I keep getting dunked.
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - Screw your head canon, Atlus! I'll use my own! ...Even though I've beaten the original but
Super Mario 3D World - I like to swap characters every few levels.
Dark Souls - Not so much hard it's more like me being a chicken baby about Blighttown. This is where I need to remember it's a game and not get so into it.
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation - I got this on my birthday when ORAS dropped. Chandelier kicks my butt.
Otomedius Excellent(no shield, no death, expert) - It's so different
-other games go here-

I didn't participate in the older thread, so I'll count from what I've played this year.

Finished

Spoiler

- All BlazBlue games

- Tekken 7

- Batman: Arkham Knight

- Starbound

- Momodora: Reveria Under the Moonlight

Ongoing

Spoiler

- Rabi-Ribi: Finished the game last year, now I want to do it again and play the DLCs. Currently on early game.

- Fire Emblem SoV: Act 4, finished Celica's part. Currently on the beginning of Alm's route.

- Dark Souls III: Defeated the first boss, now I'm on the second... dungeon/stage.

- Darkest Dungeon

- 2D Dark Souls Salt and Sanctuary: After the first boss (not the prologue one)

- Giga Wrecker: Too dumb to do puzzles. I'll replay it eventually.

- Rosenkreuzstilette (RKS, for short): Still deciding if I'll get back to it or not. Fun game, but I've beaten it several times and it got... old for me.

Plan to play

Spoiler

- Shovel Knight: And by that I mean I want to play Shovel Knight's route again, then finish Plague and start Specter Knight's.

- Slain: Back from Hell: Back from procrastination.

- Trails in the Sky FC and SC: Too lazy to play FC again, but I want to do it before I play SC. I love the series, but my hype has long waned and I don't think I have enough patience to play FC, but I want to try.

- Sonic Generations: Never actually finished it. I need to focus on the game a bit and go through the end already.

- Stars Wars KOTOR and KOTOR II: Never played them despite having both games on my library since 2016. My interest on Star Wars increased and I'm looking for good action games of the series, so I'll give it a try soon.

- The Witcher 3: I don't even know why I'm not sunk into this gem yet. Oh, right, because I waited until I got a better PC, but then I was already distracted with other things.

- XCOM 2

My backlog is...quite large. Uh. Here you go:

Spoiler

PS3:

Valkyria Chronicles
Disgaea 3
Disgaea 4
Disgaea 2 (PSN)
Disgaea (PSN)
Dragon's Crown
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Atelier Totori

Wii/GG:

Phantom Brave
Skies of Arcadia

Wii U:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Breath of the Wild
Monster Hunter 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X
FE7 (VC)
FE8 (VC)

DS:

Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Chrono Trigger
Etrian Odyssey III
Rune Factory 3
Radiant Historia

3DS:

Bravely Second
Etrian Odyssey IV
Etrian Odyssey Untold
Monster Hunter 4
Fire Emblem Echoes
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Rune Factory 4
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Persona Q
Fantasy Life
Ocarina of Time

...and this isn't even counting the games I'm still planning on buying (I recently picked up the two Trails of Cold Steel games, for instance). Needless to say, I think I'll be busy for a long while.

3 hours ago, spiderbrush said:

My backlog is...quite large. Uh. Here you go:

Reveal hidden contents

PS3:

Valkyria Chronicles
Disgaea 3
Disgaea 4
Disgaea 2 (PSN)
Disgaea (PSN)
Dragon's Crown
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Atelier Totori

Wii/GG:

Phantom Brave
Skies of Arcadia

Wii U:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Breath of the Wild
Monster Hunter 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X
FE7 (VC)
FE8 (VC)

DS:

Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Chrono Trigger
Etrian Odyssey III
Rune Factory 3
Radiant Historia

3DS:

Bravely Second
Etrian Odyssey IV
Etrian Odyssey Untold
Monster Hunter 4
Fire Emblem Echoes
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Rune Factory 4
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Persona Q
Fantasy Life
Ocarina of Time

...and this isn't even counting the games I'm still planning on buying (I recently picked up the two Trails of Cold Steel games, for instance). Needless to say, I think I'll be busy for a long while.

Wow! With so many long-ass RPGs, you're literally going to be dead by the time you finish your backlog. You should start culling your less favored games so you actually have time for the ones you enjoy most.

5 hours ago, spiderbrush said:

Disgaea 3
Disgaea 4
Disgaea 2 (PSN)
Disgaea (PSN)

In agreement with Zera here, do you need to play all of these games? Time is finite and precious. Life is short.

From what I've heard, the older Disgaeas aren't as good as the later ones in gameplay, and you could always Youtube the stories. And why Star Ocean 4? From what I've heard the gameplay isn't that good, and the plot is terrible.

My buddy's been raving about Vanquish for years to me, so now that it's on PC, it's next on my list.

I also need to go back and finish Nier: Automata, while I'm talking about Platinum.

Other than that, my backlog is pretty clear this summer.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In agreement with Zera here, do you need to play all of these games? Time is finite and precious. Life is short.

From what I've heard, the older Disgaeas aren't as good as the later ones in gameplay, and you could always Youtube the stories. And why Star Ocean 4? From what I've heard the gameplay isn't that good, and the plot is terrible.

You two are definitely correct. Honestly, all of the games on my PS3 are low priority, Star Ocean actually being one of the lowest. I suppose they're always there if I want to play them, but you're right. Who knows when--or if ever--I'll ever finish them?

last year

(please excuse major ugliness due to formatting , the edit post function isn't behaving for me)

-Child of Light - finished

-Tales of Phantasia -finshed story and bonus dungeon

-Sonic Advance 3 - finished all stages

-Wario Land: Shake It - abandoned after the second world, unhappy with the game design.

-StarCraft: Brood War's singleplayer - Finished Protoss campaign, but not zerg or terran.

-Fear Effect - finished

-Fear Effect 2 -finished

-Turok 3 - finished

- Oh No More Lemmings! -finished

- Bombastic (PS2) - beat the story and Reverse story mode, but did not get perfect every stage. Beat default high scores. Got to level 100 in advanced trial/score attack but not classic or bombastic.

-Monaco: What's Yours is Mine speedrun - Doing IL for "Scent of a Rival" currently 3rd place, but have the best 1st floor split, so it shouldn't take much longer.

-Steambot Chronicles speedrun - Disc corrupted leading to me personally dropping out, other contributors disapeared leaving questions open regarding money route etc.

-Puyo Puyo Tsu One Credit Clear - Barely managed it finally.

-Wetrix Score run - I settled for a lowish score. Metoes, and Puyo Puyo were my preffered score attack games in 2016.

-Drafts of Star control II - couldn't get anyone else to participate. Did upload a save file I made with a full Drudge fleet before the Sa-Matra, which was pretty fun.

-Battle for Wesnoth mainline campaigns on hardest difficulty - Did them all up to Deflador's Memoirs and then got burnt out. I've beaten the others on medium.

-Hard mode of Advance Wars: Dual Strike and the War Room levels - Didn't take as long as I thought. Actually I did it the campaing 3 or so times due to a medal requirement. Took the time to S rank most of the 2 COs and DS war room maps, but didn't bother for maps against hachi or colin and the silly 4 CO maps.

-Hardest difficulty for Perfect Dark's solo campaign. - Up to air force one.

Unplanned stuff from last year.

Tony Hawk's Ungerground 2- All of Story and Classic mode on Sick difficultty.

Hot Shots Tennis- 100% clear

Timesplitters 2- got the 5 gold medals I was missing and beat the Co-op Hard mode story, which I had never thought to do before. Not bothering with platinum.

Dragon Quest 8 (PS2 version) - replayed entire game, didn't bother with dragonbian trials.

Mario Tennis(N64) Unlocked the MAX difficulty by winning the rainbow-planet tournament series with everyone. Also beat all the ring shot levels although just with one charather. Lots of blisters and a destroyed controller were involved.

Oracle of Seasons: finished (revisit).

THPS- finished (revisit)

THPS2- finished (revist)

Yoshi's Wooly World- 100% clear

Pokemon Stadium- Beat Petit Cup Round 2, which apparently I had never done as a kid. 

Mischief Makers- all of the A ranks except 4-3 and 4-7. (Missle Surf and Magma Rafts were the most painful) I don't think I'm ready for the S rank plunge....

2017 backlog. Already own the game unless specifify otherwise.

Mischief Makers- A rank 4-3 and 4-7

Bombastic- Get Perfect on all the reverse story levels. Currently at 9/20

Devil Dice- to purchase and complete.

Secret of Mana- Have a 3 player playthrough planned.

Tales of Symphonia- I have a 3 player playthrough planned. this has more to do with my victims than the game.

Future Tactics: The Uprising- Only recently learned that the second playthrough uses different mechanics than the 1st one despite story being the same.

Steambot Chronicles Speedrun- I'm sure I can find another copy on amazon

King of Dragon Pass- planned purchase, although it's a semi-replay since  own an older version of the game. I guess I'll be getting most of the achievements since I'm most interested in seeing all the new scenes.

Robopon: Sun version- I figured out how to deal with the save file battery issue. Not sure If I'll do the whole thing since it's mostly for comedy purposes, and I remember a nasty teleporter maze at the farthest point I ever got. Also the gameplay is kind of shallow and repetitive.

Star Craft: Brood War  singleplayer. I mean I'm obligated to do it sometime.

Perfect Dark (GBC)- found the cart while rummaging around. I figure why not.

Wesnoth- the remaining mainline campaigns on their hardest difficulties.

Last Resort- get a 1CC

Quake 64- Beat game

Blood(1997)- beat game

Hexen- beat game

Roll Away- beat game

Loonyland 1 and 2 (merit badges, alternate characters)- Although I owe a digital copy and can in theory re-download it, due to the website being down I cannot. Really want to get around to doing  the optional content. I think I've beaten the story before, but I can't really tell.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed- purchase and do multiplayer stuff.

Perfect Dark-  do the remaining 8 levels on Perfect Dark difficulty.

THPS 3- earn the other bonus charathers

THPS 4 - Purchase and clear- My original copy has disapeared. Playing THUG2 made me really want to revisit the other games.

Edited by Reality

The last few years I've bought fewer games and it's worked out well. Though this year my list ended up larger than I can manage. And my backlog is still substantial.

Beat in 2016

• LittleBigPlanet 3
  • Zero Time Dilemma
  • Final Fantasy XV

Beat so far in 2017

• The Last Guardian
  • FE: Shadows of Valentia

Hope to beat in 2017

• FE: Birthright
  • Bravely Default
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Nier Automata
  • Gravity Daze 2
  • FFXII: The Zodiac Age

Realistically, I'll probably drop Bravely Default (25% and not enjoying it much) and finish Horizon and either Nier or Zelda. I might finish Birthright (~90% through) too.

Just for this year here's my list, this is not my list of every game I could play just my short backlog list of games I'm planning on.

Games I've beaten this year 

Spoiler

Dishonored 2 (Jan 4) 

Ratchet and Clank PS4 (Jan 5)

Super Metroid (3DS VC Jan 25)

Metroid Prime (Wii U VC Feb 26)

Frog Fractions (Mar 6)

LOZ: Breath of the Wild (April)

Fire Emblem Echoes: SoV (June)

I finished the bulk of Dishonored 2 and Ratchet and Clank in 2016 though.

My current backlog 

Spoiler

Metroid Prime 2&3 (not likely to finish this year)

Pokemon Sun 

Horizon Zero Dawn (what I'm currently working on)

Sly 4

Prey

Arms & Disgaea 5 Complete which I'll be getting with my Switch when I get it for my birthday.

Games I plan to buy this year

Spoiler

Priorities 

Super Mario Odyssey 

Xenoblade 2

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

Ni No Kuni 2

Mabye's depending on how much money I have

Metroid: Samus Returns

Gravity Rush 2

Nier Automata

Edited by Locke087

It's been a slow year in gaming for me, but here's what I've been up to regardless.

Finished:

• FE: Echoes (beat Act 5, anyway; in fact, just yesterday I beat it)
  • Miitopia Demo
  • Dragon Ball Fusions (I think I beat the story in 2017, anyway)
  • Tekken 7 (story and all character episodes)

Currently working through:

• FE: Echoes Act 6
  • Fallout 4 (I swear I'll get the other endings besides the Railroad one...)
  • Some Fates challenge runs
  • Hyrule Warriors (mostly just 'cuz I'm waiting for FE Warriors at this point)

Stopped playing:

• TES V: Skyrim (stopped before the Bethesda E3, but that conference really soured it for me)
  • Saints Row IV (I don't know why I keep coming and going with this one; I guess the lack of challenge or something like that)
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild (great game, but I beat it too quickly)

Might come back to:

• Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (just to play the DLC I've yet to even touch)
  • Older Fallout games (I feel nostalgia sort of creeping; might at least go back to New Vegas, even if the gunplay will be jarring after playing Fallout 4)
  • Valkyria Chronicles (one of the first strategy games I've played; got a great mod that makes it tactically challenging)
  • XCOM: Enemy Within
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Mario Kart 8 (not Deluxe, sad to say)

Plan to get and play eventually:

• A Switch
  • Agents of Mayhem
  • FE Warriors
  • Miitopia
  • FE PoR/RD (maybe for the Virtual Console if they're reasonably priced)
  • XCOM 2
  • Mario Odyssey
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Samus Returns
  • Far Cry 5
  • South Park: TFBW
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II