Is there any reason to recruit Faye and Kliff with Celica?

Hey, folks, how are you doing on the brink of summer?

I have recently heard that you can recruit Faye and Kliff with Celica in Act 2 if you leave them at Ram with Alm and it got me wondering: Is there really a point to that? I mean, if you don't recruit Faye or Kliff you either really dislike them or you're doing a challenge run in which you only recruit the characters that are required, in which case you won't be recruiting them with Celica either.

So I ask: Is there any tactical advantage to bring those two over to Celica's team? Or is it just to give you a second chance in case you missed them the first time?

Nah, I think Alm's side is more desperately in need of the help, especially on Hard mode. Particularly from Mage!Kliff and Cleric!Faye as a second healer. Celica herself gets recovery at about the point Faye would get Physic, and I never felt like her side needed more versatility in her army's classes. Plus the two would be more behind than Atlas. I like Kliff most as a mage but Celica's side has no shortage. He's a decent Cav, but he'll be secondary to the fliers in terms of movement once you hit the desert and swamp maps.

None, really. They become extremely hard to use, close to unusable without grinding on Celica side. Faye can become another flier or Cleric without the need for Villager's Fork, but Kliff offers nothing (not that he offers that much on Alm side either, but eh).

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

If you just wanna makes things a little harder for yourself on Alm's route, and add units to Celica's route you may or may not even use, due to Celica already having a pretty good selection to choose from.

So I see that the consensus is pretty much what I thought: That it's pretty much debilitating to Alm's group if you don't take them with you. Especially so in Faye's case since you won't get any early Physic user (or none at all, if you don't make Tobin your Mage) until Tatiana comes along.

Hm... Kliff and Faye don't even get base conversations in Celica's party. I thought about replaying the game with them in her party just to see different quotes (alongside reclassing them differently), but this really hurts it. I guess I'll wait for the Cipher DLC.

Edited by NeonZ