"Tremendous amount of characters will be available"

Jedi

58 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I actually quite doubt it. With her popularity and possibilities for a moveset Camilla is practically guaranteed.

I also don't think they can avoid adding Takumi to the roster. He was voted as the most popular character in Fates and has two big appeals. He's a prettyboy which always does will in Japan and is considered to be one of the deeper Fates characters.
Takumi may also be the most popular archer. That class isn't exactly filled with fan favorites in either its characters or performance. When you compare him to the likes of Gordin or Virion I feel Takumi has a lot more fans. 

If we went by Snipers it'd be a different story considering quite a number of people like Jeorge, Igrene, Klein, Louise, Innes, Shinon. Among others. 

But among the 3 games we have we'll likely get Gordin/Jeorge, Noire & Takumi. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Jedi said:

So this was the only thing that caught my interest in this new footage, but this line seems to indicate we'll have a fairly big roster. 

However I'll only believe it when I actually see it, 30 is still my guess for the time being. What do the rest of you think?

Same here. Those words would only make people get their expectations a little too high. Show the actual vanilla roster, Koei-Tecmo. 

Don't forget Virion. He's the Archest of Archers. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

6 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I get the impression that Xander and Ryoma will be the sole representatives of their respective families, to avoid bloating the roster with the royals. Camilla might get in due to her boobs and her popularity (which she has due to her boobs), but I wouldn't bank on the others appearing.

The Whitewings could potentially take up one character slot; play as one of them, with the other two appearing for combo attacks and the like.

To echo others, I disagree. 

Leo's the single most popular male character from Fates and is a mounted magic user with a unique tome-- he's basically a shoe in. Similar deal with Camilla: popularity + fanservice. Takumi's also really popular-- probably the single most popular archer in the series.

Unless they decide to screw around with making staves = light magic, the little sisters are kinda toast. Hinoka's also the most forgettable/least unique combatant of the royal siblings-- Caeda fulfills that niche as the OG PK.

I thought Takumi was the most popular Fates character, but yeah, all of the royal siblings are popular to a degree, save maybe Hinoka for whatever reason. It's sad, because I think she's cool...

Regarding the Fates siblings though, I at least hope Elise, Takumi, and Hinoka make it in besides those already there.

2 hours ago, Silent shifter said:

All I know it will have more than the 8-14 standard warriors game roster.

My source: https://nintendosoup.com/2017/06/16/sensible-permadeath-features-fire-emblem-warriors/

I believe there was also the translated interview in another thread that said that the roster would be bigger than any first game of a Warriors collab series. Dunno how big that is so far, though.

...what? I dunno much about the Warriors series. I'm just interested in slashing and destroying stuff with FE characters. :P

17 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I believe there was also the translated interview in another thread that said that the roster would be bigger than any first game of a Warriors collab series. Dunno how big that is so far, though.

...what? I dunno much about the Warriors series. I'm just interested in slashing and destroying stuff with FE characters. :P

The first DWGundam game had a roster size of 18. So 20-25 is a pretty reasonable estimate for FEW.

I didn't watch all the stream footage but one of the developers assured us there will be plenty of non-sword wielding characters to demonstrate the weapon triangle. That doesn't tell us which games to look toward for characters, but it may tell us that new swordies have a considerably lower chance now that 7 are confirmed.

36 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I didn't watch all the stream footage but one of the developers assured us there will be plenty of non-sword wielding characters to demonstrate the weapon triangle. That doesn't tell us which games to look toward for characters, but it may tell us that new swordies have a considerably lower chance now that 7 are confirmed.

They already did. SD, Awakening, and Fates.

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

The problem is, they keep telling us non-sword characters are in the game, but refuse to show them to us. They only show sword wielders. Which is rather annoying.

And yeah, this game is mainly using Archanea, Awakening, and Fates.

Well I am looking forward to this, I just hope that Kaze and Jakob are in it.  I will settle for one of them though, I really want Jakob to steal Sebastian from the anime Black Butler line of "I'm simply one hell of a butler" but I don't think that will happen, I kept expecting him to say it in Fates.  I am keeping my hopes fairly low on the roster and just hoping for Kaze or Jakob.

Okay, so regarding the Fates royals...

Takumi, Xander, and Leo are the top favorites according to a few polls conducted, and the younger brothers use fairly unique weapon-types (and have their own special weapons to boot).  I wouldn't trust just one, but when they're consistently voted as the most popular, particularly with polls directed specifically at the game (and without multiple votes per person like CYL), I think you can be sure that they're the most popular.  I'd be surprised if they didn't make it in.

Of the Fates sisters, I think Camilla's the only one to have a real shot at getting in.  Maybe Elise as well, though if they're going that route they'd have to include the Hoshidan sisters as well so as to not unbalance the Nohrian:Hoshidan ratio too much.  But by a purely popularity and uniqueness standpoint, you've got characters like Felicia who are more appealing outwardly (and by that, I mean she's more "iconic" as a mascot), and within the Fates fanbase there are the likes of Oboro, Jakob, and Kaze who are talked about more, appreciated more, and generally are more unique fighters.

Now, I know I said they'd try to keep an even balance between Nohrians and Hoshidans...  Well, actually I more meant that they'd try to keep from making it super lopsided.  I don't think Camilla's inclusion in the cast would disrupt that enough to warrant a Hoshidan sister to even out the balance... especially if they included another almost as (if not more) popular Hoshidan character ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler

Yes, I'm biased and want racist fashionista.  How did you know?

And Azura...  I think we all know she's pretty damn likely, so let's just put that one to rest.

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

She actually seems pretty likely. Not only is she surprisingly popular, beating out all the female royals besides boob-princess, but she's got a rather unique niche of being a Spear Fighter, a footsoldier class armed with a naginata.

The only other ones in Fates are Shiro, who's not nearly as popular, and Haitaka, who would obviously be too OP a character to include.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the characters that got CGs in the DLC (Gaius, Cordelia, Tharja, Leo, Subaki, Camilla, Oboro and Setsuna) got in. Not sure about the kids though (The Awakening kids seem more likely than the Fates kids).

Also, I'm predicting TMS characters are also gonna be in (Shiida, Cain, Tharja (Again), Virion, Draug and Navarre).

21 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Takumi, Xander, and Leo are the top favorites according to a few polls conducted, and the younger brothers use fairly unique weapon-types (and have their own special weapons to boot).  I wouldn't trust just one, but when they're consistently voted as the most popular, particularly with polls directed specifically at the game (and without multiple votes per person like CYL), I think you can be sure that they're the most popular.  I'd be surprised if they didn't make it in.

Of the Fates sisters, I think Camilla's the only one to have a real shot at getting in.  Maybe Elise as well, though if they're going that route they'd have to include the Hoshidan sisters as well so as to not unbalance the Nohrian:Hoshidan ratio too much.  But by a purely popularity and uniqueness standpoint, you've got characters like Felicia who are more appealing outwardly (and by that, I mean she's more "iconic" as a mascot), and within the Fates fanbase there are the likes of Oboro, Jakob, and Kaze who are talked about more, appreciated more, and generally are more unique fighters.

Now, I know I said they'd try to keep an even balance between Nohrians and Hoshidans...  Well, actually I more meant that they'd try to keep from making it super lopsided.  I don't think Camilla's inclusion in the cast would disrupt that enough to warrant a Hoshidan sister to even out the balance... especially if they included another almost as (if not more) popular Hoshidan character ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reveal hidden contents

And Azura...  I think we all know she's pretty damn likely, so let's just put that one to rest.

Nohr in general just seems more popular.

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all the characters that got CGs in the DLC (Gaius, Cordelia, Tharja, Leo, Subaki, Camilla, Oboro and Setsuna) got in. Not sure about the kids though (The Awakening kids seem more likely than the Fates kids).

Also, I'm predicting TMS characters are also gonna be in (Shiida, Cain, Tharja (Again), Virion, Draug and Navarre).

Aw, no Abel? As far as the two pairs of Christmas knights available, I actually prefer Cain and Abel. Mostly because of Sully, Stahl's okay.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Nohr in general just seems more popular.

Aw, no Abel? As far as the two pairs of Christmas knights available, I actually prefer Cain and Abel. Mostly because of Sully, Stahl's okay.

Abel could very well be in the game (If I remember right, Abel was a pretty main character in a sidequest in TMS). Though I would say Cain is more likely because of TMS.

Honestly, here are my best guesses per game...including the already confirmed. Forgive my lack of knowledge on Shadow Dragon..

Shadow Dragon: Marth, Caeda, Tiki, Ogma, Cain or Abel (other as alt possibly), Navarre

Awakening: Chrom, Tharja, Lucina, Aversa, Panne, Robin (male or female, equally likely, other as costume maybe?), Tiki (maybe, similar case to Midna in HW)

Fates: Corrin, Xander, Ryoma, Camilla, Takumi, Leo, Azura

DLC: Ike, Lyn, Roy, Hector, Celica

I'm still hoping some costume alts will be done for characters that would likely have similar movesets, like Hinoka for Caeda or Seliph for Marth, perhaps even with unique voice qoutes and a few unique animations. Longshot, I know, but it'd help add some more characters overall that aren't as popular as those chosen.

I'm also kinda hoping to see some Tokyo Mirage Sessions costumes for those that appeared in it, like Chrom, Tharja, and Caeda. They would be fun to use.

Edited by Deva Ashera

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The problem is, they keep telling us non-sword characters are in the game, but refuse to show them to us. They only show sword wielders. Which is rather annoying.

Because they were showing off the most plot-important characters. Remember the FE Warriors teaser during the Switch presentation? The five orbs represented each character with their respective blades being shown. The only new characters playable outside of those were the main characters, and it's a no brainer that they're playable already. They're likely planning to show the unconfirmed characters later down the line (helped by them likely mostly consisting of non-sword users) to build up hype close to the release date, and showing the confirmed characters' gameplay and appearances was enough for now from a marketing standpoint.

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Because they were showing off the most plot-important characters. Remember the FE Warriors teaser during the Switch presentation? The five orbs represented each character with their respective blades being shown. The only new characters playable outside of those were the main characters, and it's a no brainer that they're playable already. They're likely planning to show the unconfirmed characters later down the line (helped by them likely mostly consisting of non-sword users) to build up hype close to the release date, and showing the confirmed characters' gameplay and appearances was enough for now from a marketing standpoint.

It IS rather silly that they made both of their OCs sword-wielders, though, if they're so worried about having too many swords.

7 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Duh. This much was completely obvious. But why not show some characters that wield different weapons alongside them? That's what I'm asking.

And yeah, if they didn't want a lot of swords compared to other weapons, why do all the OCs have swords? This is pretty dumb.

Edited by Anacybele

51 minutes ago, Azz said:

Abel could very well be in the game (If I remember right, Abel was a pretty main character in a sidequest in TMS). Though I would say Cain is more likely because of TMS.

They've already got Xander as a mounted swordie-- Cain would be redundant (yeah, we've only got swordies so far, but everyone besides the twins are entirely unique and fill different niches). 

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Leo's the number one most popular male character in Fates (popular enough to get that spinoff manga-- though I only read the first two chapters and from what I hear it's keeping most of the crap) and Takumi was number 2 or 3 in most of the same polls. 

Camilla's likely because popularity, fanservice, and filling a niche. I could see Minerva also being there as a "foil" (Camilla could be bulkier with magic as a secondary while Minerva's faster with lances as a secondary).

I'd say Felicia, Oboro, and Kaze are all likely. Not just for popularity-- Felicia and Kaze both use hidden weapons, and Felicia would have fanservice/ice powers to her while Kaze's a straight up ninja (hopefully he can eat Marth's lunch in the teleporting department). Oboro's really the only "soldier" available to them.

Edited by The DanMan

17 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

They've already got Xander as a mounted swordie-- Cain would be redundant (yeah, we've only got swordies so far, but everyone besides the twins are entirely unique and fill different niches). 

Leo's the number one most popular male character in Fates (popular enough to get that spinoff manga-- though I only read the first two chapters and from what I hear it's keeping most of the crap) and Takumi was number 2 or 3 in most of the same polls. 

Camilla's likely because popularity, fanservice, and filling a niche. I could see Minerva also being there as a "foil" (Camilla could be bulkier with magic as a secondary while Minerva's faster with lances as a secondary).

I'd say Felicia, Oboro, and Kaze are all likely. Not just for popularity-- Felicia and Kaze both use hidden weapons, and Felicia would have fanservice/ice powers to her while Kaze's a straight up ninja (hopefully he can eat Marth's lunch in the teleporting department). Oboro's really the only "soldier" available to them.

Like, literally stealing his lunch in whatever pocket dimension they travel in?

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Like, literally stealing his lunch in whatever pocket dimension they travel in?

Hah wow it does sound funny when you don't know what I mean.
FYI, Marth's basically a GBA swordmaster (all his musous have rapid teleporting/afterimage spam)-- what I meant was I hope Kaze has more of that flash in his normal attacks.

46 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Hah wow it does sound funny when you don't know what I mean.
FYI, Marth's basically a GBA swordmaster (all his musous have rapid teleporting/afterimage spam)-- what I meant was I hope Kaze has more of that flash in his normal attacks.

I am familiar with the GBA animations, I was joking.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Duh. This much was completely obvious. But why not show some characters that wield different weapons alongside them? That's what I'm asking.

I answered that.

Like I said before in the post you quoted, I'm guessing from a marketing standpoint, gameplay and appearances of the confirmed characters was enough for now for them, and they would build up hype later down the line by revealing the unconfirmed characters, and said characters using different weaponry would help get rid of the "too many swords" stigma among critics and boost hype from the originally-lowered expectations. At least, that's how I guess it'll go down with the information we have.

You got me on swords, though.

Edited by NoirCore