"Tremendous amount of characters will be available"

Jedi

So this was the only thing that caught my interest in this new footage, but this line seems to indicate we'll have a fairly big roster. 

However I'll only believe it when I actually see it, 30 is still my guess for the time being. What do the rest of you think?

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine that the remaining royal siblings from Fates and Azura will also be playable, so we got 7 more spots in the character roster filled already. Though I do wonder how they will handle flying units. And there's the trio of Inigo/Laslow, Selena/Severa and Owain/Odin, those will also likely be playable as well.

Edited by Water Mage

Just now, Water Mage said:

I imagine that the remaining royal siblings from Fates and Azura will also be playable, so we got 7 more characters already. Though I do wonder how they will handle flying units.

I somehow doubt we'll see Hinoka or the smaller siblings, but I may be wrong there. 

Also Medili from HWL might be a general idea for how they'll do it.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I somehow doubt we'll see Hinoka or the smaller siblings, but I may be wrong there. 

Also Medili from HWL might be a general idea for how they'll do it.

I dunno, I mean, they want to fill the roster, and using all royal siblings is a quick and easy way to make the roster bigger. And I can see they using something similar to Medli, but there's also the fact that Pegasi and Wyverns are much larger and may not be as easy to program.

Just now, Water Mage said:

I dunno, I mean, they want to fill the roster, and using all royal siblings is a quick and easy way to make the roster bigger. And I can see they using something similar to Medli, but there's also the fact that Pegasi and Wyverns are much larger and may not be as easy to program.

Not going to deny that, I personally just don't expect Hinoka.

It's possible that Heroes popularity might contribute to the cast, given how Reggie went on and on about how Heroes really expanded the franchise to the public more than i think they expected.

Therefore; who's ready for our marquess of Ostia?!

I'm still thinking about ~25 characters will be playable. Originally I was a bit more conservative with 20, but seeing all of those Sword Users (at least 8 so far), makes me believe the roster will be larger. I do wonder if someone other than the three games sneaks in that is not a FE:Warriors OC outside of DLC, but I am not expecting anything. Honestly, I'm more curious on their roster selection from the three titles and wonder if there will be any surprise appearances (such as Kellam, Cherche, or Arthur) showing up.

If possible, I rather set low expectations and be surprised than set high ones and be disappointed.

11 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Not going to deny that, I personally just don't expect Hinoka.

True that Hinoka is the least popular royal sibling, but she still is a royal sibling, so she might get a free pass because of that.

And I think you're right about it being around 30 characters. I believe it will be 10 from each game plus the original characters. Which is why I think all the royal siblings will appear. All of them, plus Corrin and Azura make a group of 10. Speaking of the royal siblings, I wonder if their retainers would appear as enemy commanders/general. In fact, I wonder of some characters will appear as enemy/ally commander only and not as playable characters. I think the Fates's retainers, Frederick and the Whitewings have a good chance of ending up like that.

I don't know how they announced HW but I know that they only got to about 12-15 heroes just like every Warriors title. It'd be very odd for a warriors game to reach 30 heroes.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

True that Hinoka is the least popular royal sibling, but she still is a royal sibling, so she might get a free pass because of that.

And I think you're right about it being around 30 characters. I believe it will be 10 from each game plus the original characters. Which is why I think all the royal siblings will appear. All of them, plus Corrin and Azura make a group of 10. Speaking of the royal siblings, I wonder if their retainers would appear as enemy commanders/general. In fact, I wonder of some characters will appear as enemy/ally commander only and not as playable characters. I think the Fates's retainers, Frederick and the Whitewings have a good chance of ending up like that.

I think only having the siblings + Corrin & Azura would be a diservice to both Conquest & Birthright players by not having characters like Kaze or Effie.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I think a problem Hinoka also has is that the competition for Pegasus knights will be rather fierce. As Marth's girlfriend Caeda is already a strong contender, the white wings generally tend to be put in any game they can and both Cordelia and Sumia has a sizable fanbase. If even half of these would get in then the Pegasus class would already have enough representation.

Warrior crossover games usually add half series characters and half original characters to the warrior title itself. We will see the protagonists, a few fan favorites, and new characters for the warriors title.

1 minute ago, lloebet said:

Warrior crossover games usually add half series characters and half original characters to the warrior title itself. We will see the protagonists, a few fan favorites, and new characters for the warriors title.

No other Crossover has stated it will have "more than the usual crossover roster" or a "tremendous amount of characters" however.

7 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

Was Hyrule Warriors ever announced to have a large roster (I didn't really follow its development).

It had 13 characters at first, then with DLC and the 3DS port it grew up to 29 characters. 

I've never seen warriors break out of their 15 character average mold but I'd love to be proven wrong since I love FE. I wonder how much of that amount will be DLC.

If we have 7 sword users currently, I want to say we'll have equal amount for everything else. So including Bows, Lance, Axe, and Magic, that's around 28. We can include some stones seeing that Tiki will be available so 30ish. I don't know if hidden weapons or staves should really be included but if it means more numbers than yes.

4 minutes ago, lloebet said:

HW did not have half OCs. In fact, two of the "OCs" were based off of established characters (Volga and Wizzro).

I think the biggest thing going against the Whitewings is that there are three of them. Cordelia and Caeda are the best bets I would say.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

HW did not have half OCs. In fact, two of the "OCs" were based off of established characters (Volga and Wizzro).

I think the biggest thing going against the Whitewings is that there are three of them. Cordelia and Caeda are the best bets I would say.

You seem to be forgetting Lana & Cia.

I think, or should I say hope, that characters are mainly added for uniqueness and not just because they're popular or anything, especially not just because they want to add every Fates royal. Caeda should be the first Pegasus Knight added (in my view anyway) and I can't think of anything Hinoka or any other Pegasus Knight can do that she can't. Even if you promote Sakura and Elise they're made redundant by Takumi and Leo, other than the fact that they can heal.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

No other Crossover has stated it will have "more than the usual crossover roster" or a "tremendous amount of characters" however.

Is that so? Then perhaps might I suggest the developers wishes to devise a populous roster of playable characters as an attempt to maintain the tradition of the Fire Emblem video game series possessing a most impressive amount of playable characters? Otherwise, I must say, such might simply be naught but an attempt to rouse the fanatics following this forthcoming title.

If I am to offer my sentiments, I truly doubt the quantity of "original characters" will exceed six.