"Tremendous amount of characters will be available"

Jedi

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I didnt forget, but that only puts them at 4 OCs. That is less than half.

Yeah not going to disagree that it's less, it just seemed like you were minimizing it to purely show you were more right then you were.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Yeah not going to disagree that it's less, it just seemed like you were minimizing it to purely show you were more right then you were.

The only reason I specifically mentioned those otger two was that they are only partial OCs.

I'm not gonna be placing my bets on there being more than 30 unless I'm shown otherwise.  But they are insistent on there being a larger amount of characters than usual, so I do at least genuinely believe them when they say that.

And I do agree with Jedi in that I think the "lesser" Fates royal sisters might get cut in favor of unit diversity.  That comes down to the interview, where they said "this won't be a gathering of all the protagonists".  What would it say about them if they then filled ten "slots" with what some would argue are protagonists from Fates?  Plus, they're similar enough to other likely characters.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I didnt forget, but that only puts them at 4 OCs. That is less than half.

Yes, though it's a third of the initial cast, which is still a fairly significant portion.  If you scale that up to the average predictions for this game, that'd be around six to ten OCs.

I hope this means we'll definitely see people like Ike, Ephraim, Lyn, Hector, etc. "Tremendous" honestly feels to me like a word that would describe a cast that's full of plenty more than just Awakening, Fates, and Archanea.

This also gives me more hope for Frederick!

Edited by Anacybele

Is this a Trump "tremendous"?

I have a pretty hard time thinking it would be more than 25-30, considering even Dynasty Warriors 2 struggled to 28 characters as a first entry, but who knows.

Edited by Tryhard

9 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

Is this a Trump "tremendous"?

I have a pretty hard time thinking it would be more than 25-30, considering even Dynasty Warriors 2 struggled to 28 characters as a first entry, but who knows.

It's a bigly cast, the bigliest cast of any Warriors game in history. Believe me.

27 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Out of curiousity where did they say this? Was this in the stream? I never got the chance to watch it.

It was in the stream today, nothing new was shown however.

1 hour ago, Rodriguezjr said:

It had 13 characters at first, then with DLC and the 3DS port it grew up to 29 characters. 

I currently has 31

I don't really have a lot of particular hopes for the three games they seem interested in focusing on, but if we don't get Roy and I have to watch ANOTHER game go by without my Roy Amiibo doing anything actually useful I for one will riot.

Frankly, I want at least one Whitewing, and I think that's how I'd make it work - just give you all three as palette swaps of each other the second you recruit them, they'd have the same moveset, and all three show up together for Triangle Attack at the end of the Focus Spirit equivalent.

I require Owain. Lots of Owain. This game is pretty much his game. Heck, drop Marth and make Owain the main hero who helps the OCs, it would make everything instantly better. If we get Odin, fine, but I want some variation of Owain, preferably both just to watch Odin squirm as Owain tries to get him to share hero stories.

23 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I don't really have a lot of particular hopes for the three games they seem interested in focusing on, but if we don't get Roy and I have to watch ANOTHER game go by without my Roy Amiibo doing anything actually useful I for one will riot.

Frankly, I want at least one Whitewing, and I think that's how I'd make it work - just give you all three as palette swaps of each other the second you recruit them, they'd have the same moveset, and all three show up together for Triangle Attack at the end of the Focus Spirit equivalent.

I require Owain. Lots of Owain. This game is pretty much his game. Heck, drop Marth and make Owain the main hero who helps the OCs, it would make everything instantly better. If we get Odin, fine, but I want some variation of Owain, preferably both just to watch Odin squirm as Owain tries to get him to share hero stories.

I dislike Owain pandering but I must say he'd still be better than Marth. :D

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I hope this means we'll definitely see people like Ike, Ephraim, Lyn, Hector, etc. "Tremendous" honestly feels to me like a word that would describe a cast that's full of plenty more than just Awakening, Fates, and Archanea.

This also gives me more hope for Frederick!

Don't do this to yourself. 

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't do what?

Build up your hopes and potentially have them crushed.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't do what?

I think hes telling you not to drastically give your hopes up for characters outside the series.

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Build up your hopes and potentially have them crushed.

So I'm not allowed to hope for certain characters who have realistic chances?

@Thany Wtf, I didn't ever say I hoped for any non-FE characters.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

@Thany Wtf, I didn't hope for any non-FE characters.

you misunderstand. Im talking about Those outside shadow dragon, awakening, and fates.

1 minute ago, Thany said:

you misunderstand. Im talking about Those outside shadow dragon, awakening, and fates.

Then say "outside SD, Awakening, and Fates" not "outside the series." Also, the devs stated that the roster would GENERALLY be from those three games, not ONLY those three games. There's a high chance we'll at least get really popular characters like Ike, Roy, and Lyn, and Ephraim and Hector who are also pretty popular and don't even use swords.

Another thing, Frederick IS from Awakening.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I never said you weren't allowed to hope for certain characters, don't twist my words. I'm just saying, don't build your hopes to high because you will just be more disappointed if characters you want to get in don't get in.

Just now, The DanMan said:

@Anacybele They said "generally" because... well... there's a few OCs.

Who said that was why?

Also, all the FE Amiibo are compatible, so it'd be silly for Ike and Roy's Amiibos to be compatible, but not have those actual characters in the game.

I doubt it'll go above 40 characters; my conservative estimate would be around 35, and I'd be genuinely surprised if they went to Warriors Orochi levels.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I wouldn't count on it. If there's one company worse than IntSys in the "pandering to Japanese fans and only Japanese fans" department, it's Koei. Ike might get DLC at some point because of his recent surge in popularity, but it's more likely that there will be few or no characters from outside Akaneia/Awakening and Fates' casts.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I mean, you can, but knowing what I know about Koei and IntSys, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

3 hours ago, KongDude said:

If we have 7 sword users currently, I want to say we'll have equal amount for everything else. So including Bows, Lance, Axe, and Magic, that's around 28. We can include some stones seeing that Tiki will be available so 30ish. I don't know if hidden weapons or staves should really be included but if it means more numbers than yes.

I doubt it. Even after they started diversifying movesets, a fourth of the cast of Dynasty Warriors still uses swords and about another fourth uses some sort of polearm, compared to the much lower numbers of other weapons.

Edited by AzureSen

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Who said that was why?

Also, all the FE Amiibo are compatible, so it'd be silly for Ike and Roy's Amiibos to be compatible, but not have those actual characters in the game.

Every amiibo is compatible with HW, to my knowledge-- and you just get a random weapon.

First heard it mentioned during the recent Source Gaming discussion Jedi was in-- and honestly, it makes sense coupled with the bungled PR.
You are setting your hopes too high and will just end up disappointed.

Edited by The DanMan