Fates Fanfic in 2017

I would move on to Echoes. Fates already had its time to shine via fanfaction, and Echoes hasn't really gotten that opportunity and has so much potential. I think it would be more interesting to read a fanfic on Echoes than Fates, possibly a fanfic about what happens after the ending of Echoes, or maybe even side stories and quests that would fit the story perfectly. You can do what you want, and I'll still read your fanfic whatever route you go, but I think Echoes fanfiction would be a whole lot more interesting than Fates.

6 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

It's never too late for a fanfic. Don't let the jokers and clowns of the internet tell you otherwise.

This. I still write TELLIUS fanfic.

People write fanfics for something they wanna write about whenever.  It's never too late to write fanfics for anything.

Plus, there's still a Fates hype train going on anyway so really, I think you're good.

Basically, the plot so far takes place a few years after the events of Conquest. Corrin is the ruler of Hoshido, and Xander of Nohr. There's been rumors of a Hoshidan rebellion going on for a while, but no signs of any paramilitary action. That is, until unknown assailants attack the Nohrian royal palace, leaving Leo dead, Xander amnesic, and Elise kidnapped. Niles, having suffered the death of his master, leaves his position as retainer and goes on a quest for vengeance.

some dude wrote fanfiction about werther a few years after goethe did it and it got published as a book

it is never too late