Favorite playable character so far?

The DanMan

Favorite playable character so far?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite playable character so far?

Pretty straightforward. Of the seven announced characters, whose playstyle looks the most personally appealing?

To me, there is one true answer that blows the others out of the water: Marth.
His high-speed fencing style helps him stick out, and what seals it? GBA swordmaster animations. Seriously-- he's teleporting and leaving behind afterimages. It's a bit of a crime there's so little direct feed of him over the others.

Ryoma's a distant second, because dual-wielding lightning swords.

Probably Corrin (I never taught I would pick Corrin as my fvaourite in a poll, holy fuck).

I really like the look of her playstyle and her shifting into a dragon looks really cool. I also just happen to have always liked F!Corrin's design so that helps too.

Chose Marth. I would've picked Corrin, but Marth's fencing style is really cool and pretty unique despite being among seven sword users. And he actually looks like he knows what he's doing and not just throwing his blade around.

Edited by KongDude

Stole the words right out of my mou- er... keyboard DanMan. Tho ts also worth noting that of all the characters, Marth seems to be the only one able to do some sort of quick dodge, if anyone else noticed

Xander makes second for me, cause THAT FUCKING HORSE

3 minutes ago, Thany said:

cant we get multiple choice? XD

I thought about it, but I don't think it should be too hard to chose one favorite with only seven characters announced. 

@Motendra Every character can evade-- Marth's just looks the most distinct, being a quick side-step rather than a roll.

Edited by The DanMan

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I thought about it, but I don't think it should be too hard to chose one favorite with only seven characters announced. 

@Motendra Every character can evade-- Marth's just looks the most distinct, being a quick side-step rather than a roll.

Really? I must have missed this somewhere.

Also, who else spotted Dancing Blade?

I have to say Xander because of his awesome horse. I would probably place F!Corrin second due to her shapeshifting abilities while Chrom comes in third place because he seems to have a solid and enjoyable moveset.

Honestly though, I like them all save for the OCs. Rowen looks lackluster from what I have seen, and Lianna is not as impressive as the others.

6 minutes ago, Sire said:

I have to say Xander because of his awesome horse. I would probably place F!Corrin second due to her shapeshifting abilities while Chrom comes in third place because he seems to have a solid and enjoyable moveset.

Honestly though, I like them all save for the OCs. Rowen looks lackluster from what I have seen, and Lianna is not as impressive as the others.

I second this notion.  Literally plowing through hordes of enemy Soldiers with Xander's horse looks fun as heck.

If it was not already obvious enough, my favorite so far has to be Marth. A large portion of this is out of bias because he is my favorite FE character, but his playstyle seems to be the most distinct and fun out of all the revealed characters due to his moves at being based around GBA swordmasters as well as his FE3 rapier animation. He also gets bonus points for Falchion finally using light based attacks in this game instead of drawing in a few sparkles like it did in FE1 and FE3.

Xander's horse and how hard they tried to push the absurdly acrobatic horses that the series has used.

Once more gameplay trailers drop, Marth will probably take my slot as second favourite, since what I've seen looks great.

Or Yukimura, my true dream pick

58 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Stole the words right out of my mou- er... keyboard DanMan. Tho ts also worth noting that of all the characters, Marth seems to be the only one able to do some sort of quick dodge, if anyone else noticed

Xander makes second for me, cause THAT FUCKING HORSE

I was going to comment but someone seems to have posted exactly what I was going to post. 

Ryoma because he still literally kicks people to death and he can dual wield! He creates a second sword made of pure lightning! That's badass!

Xander's horse is pretty awesome too, but I don't like Xander as a character, so that makes it a bit hard for me to want to use him in the game.

Honestly, Xander doesn't look that great to me. It's really just the horse-- it drops into the uncanny valley and digs itself a grave there. I can't get used to its animations. The jumping spins... the backflips... it just doesn't do it for me.

Xander + Gymnast Horse = Win.

The fact that he can ride on that monster either means he has the thighs of Superman or he is strapped in that saddle with unbreakable reinforcements.

When Leo gets in, though, Big Brother will be dethroned unfortunately. leo better be in the game dammit

Lianna looked fun, as well as Corrina. I liked that they incorporated transformation into her move set to differentiate her, and the new girl lordling looks interesting.

I actually enjoyed the personal touches they put on all the characters they showed, to be honest.