Favorite playable character so far?

The DanMan

Favorite playable character so far?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite playable character so far?

I'd have to say Xander because Cavaliers are awesome. However Marth comes pretty close as well, beyond that I don't know. I don't care for the OC's or any of the new characters so far. I'm still waiting for Minerva, Ogma, Gharnef and the Earth Dragon.

From the footage so far, probably Marth. I can see that he has some good juggle/combo potential and also similar gimmicks to Zelda's rapier with the Light orbs, but with a far better moveset. Also looking forward to using Xander, with the way his horse moves and flips and such, I hope he turns out much better compared to Epona in Hyrule Warriors.

On 6/15/2017 at 9:49 PM, Jedi said:

Ryoma, because of the attention to detail with some of the Swordmaster animations like his gut kick, among various other things.

We can solve the sword problem right here. Why does Ryoma need Rajinto? We can just give him Boots (with dagger attachments for slicing) and have him kick everything to death.

Then again, best save some of the kickass fun for Naesala and Lethe in FEW3- just to have something other than animal form in their movesets ya'know.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We can solve the sword problem right here. Why does Ryoma need Rajinto? We can just give him Boots (with dagger attachments for slicing) and have him kick everything to death.

Easy on the Fates characters there; we can wait for more Awakening/Archanea characters before including Shura.

Seriously though Shura would be a nice inclusion

For the characters already added, Marth seems to have the coolest playstyle. I expected Ryouma to be more like that, but hey. I never got a feel for how Chrom played though; how does he differ from the rest?

29 minutes ago, Thane said:

Easy on the Fates characters there; we can wait for more Awakening/Archanea characters before including Shura.

For the characters already added, Marth seems to have the coolest playstyle. I expected Ryouma to be more like that, but hey. I never got a feel for how Chrom played though; how does he differ from the rest?

Chrom seems to focus on spinny aerial strikes, swift sword hits and small javelin like projectiles.

I saw very little gameplay on account of being on vacation during E3, but I voted Chrom because, well, he's my favorite of the ones shown. Plus I like hard hitting characters (Ganondorf was a blast to play). 

Why no choice for Anna?  We all know that nothing beats those profit margins.

I'm gonna say Marth just because his fighting style reminds me of Zelda's, and I essentially "mained" her in HW.

Though I haven't watched too much of the gameplay.  I mean, I watched the whole GameXPlain video, but didn't get around to watching the original Treehouse footage.  I think Chrom might be fun, too.  And gut kicks are goddamn hilarious.

10 hours ago, Thane said:

Chrom appears to have power behind his strikes. From what I've seen, he tends to favor wide powerful strikes, but he's somewhat slower than Rowan. Compared to him, Chrom is aggressive, but not particularly careless with his attacks.

Also, of the characters seen, Chrom has the lowest Magic stat, followed by Xander, Ryoma, Corrin, Rowan, and finally Lianna. He's not going to be good with magical weapons.

5 hours ago, Folt said:

Chrom appears to have power behind his strikes. From what I've seen, he tends to favor wide powerful strikes, but he's somewhat slower than Rowan. Compared to him, Chrom is aggressive, but not particularly careless with his attacks.

Also, of the characters seen, Chrom has the lowest Magic stat, followed by Xander, Ryoma, Corrin, Rowan, and finally Lianna. He's not going to be good with magical weapons.

As it should be.

31 minutes ago, Rodriguezjr said:

Chrom seems like he has some pretty cool juggles and combo potential. I also like the Awakening nods to some of the moves that he would do in some of the cutscenes and the cover art reference. ProJared has some footage that showcases more of his moveset.

Nice, unfortunately, seeing that Marth stabs a lot may take away potential from Lucina who also seems to prefer stabbing in Awakening as opposed to Chrom's slashing.

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Nice, unfortunately, seeing that Marth stabs a lot may take away potential from Lucina who also seems to prefer stabbing in Awakening as opposed to Chrom's slashing.

Watch them give her a lance. (Actually wouldn't mind that, as it would help out the roster imbalance.)

32 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Watch them give her a lance. (Actually wouldn't mind that, as it would help out the roster imbalance.)

Yeah, that works. So long as they don't stick her in a bride dress (at least not as default). That would not help my attempts to show she is more than "waifu."

• 2 weeks later...