What should the themes or central theme be in Fire Emblem Switch?

As a fan of Mike Babcock, a hockey coach who makes excellent soundbites, I want a theme where doing good things and good things happen to you. If you work hard and perform well, good luck happens to you.

I'll say more on this idea later

Edited by thetiger39
added another sentence

I feel like an interesting one FE hasn't focused on is colonialism. It would be cool to have a story where you get an empire successfully conquering another civilization and the culture clashes that follow. I imagine the main lord would be a royal of the empire and would go through a sort of Jill-esque arc where s/he first sees things as completely black and white, but has to find a balance in order to appease both sides and rule over a relatively peaceful kingdom. Then in the sequel or after a time skip you could play as the other side and claim independence. It would make an interesting twist if you had to fight against the main characters from the first part as characters you previously fought against. 

Colonization, Freedom Fighters/Liberation (hasn't been explored a lot except RD + a little bit in FE6), religion and the hypocrisy it sometimes creates, barbarianism but on the protagonists' side (see Travant)

A theme related to the saying "those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it" combined with elements from the idiom "the apple does not fall far from the tree" topped with a bit of "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Basically, a story wherein the main protagonist attempts to break the cycle of presumed injustices caused by their predecessor(s) by doing "what is right" but inadvertently ends up enacting the exact same "wrongdoings" to the people as their predecessor(s), causing hostility, strife and misunderstandings. Rebellion against the main protagonist may or may not happen. The main protagonist learns that placating everyone is literally impossible and trying to do so begets more violence. This scenario demands that the predecessor(s) be properly characterized even if they are not actually physically present throughout the story. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe more of an adventure like a group of mercenaries just going where ever pays which inevitably gets them involved in conflicts here and there but spanning multiple continents which opens up great opportunities for world building.  Instead of one giant over arching conflict maybe its more of a personal journey for the main character or even the group of characters and it just so happens along the way they get involved in several smaller conflicts to get paid and recruit allies to travel with them to whatever goal they have like finding something or reaching some destination.  Vague I know but could be an interesting break from the FE norm.

On 6/21/2017 at 7:36 PM, Book Bro said:

I feel like an interesting one FE hasn't focused on is colonialism. It would be cool to have a story where you get an empire successfully conquering another civilization and the culture clashes that follow. I imagine the main lord would be a royal of the empire and would go through a sort of Jill-esque arc where s/he first sees things as completely black and white, but has to find a balance in order to appease both sides and rule over a relatively peaceful kingdom. Then in the sequel or after a time skip you could play as the other side and claim independence. It would make an interesting twist if you had to fight against the main characters from the first part as characters you previously fought against. 

I love this idea.

Honestly, I think a coming of age story and failure could make for a good story.

Vigilante justice, revolution, and religion are cool too.