Stats

Azz

To drift the discussion away from the roster, I think we should talk about stats.

I'm not a Warriors player, however, I do know that Warriors games don't tend to have the amount of stats as we are getting. So I taught I would post about what I think each stat does.

HP: Obviously, how much damage you can take.

Str: Very obviously physical damage.

Mag: Again, obvious, magical damage. Though it is interesting that Str and Mag are split so this could hint that some characters will be able to do both physical and magical damage or Mag could possibly do something completely different from Str.

Def: Determines how much physical damage is received.

Res: Determines how much magical damage is received.

Skill and Lck: I have no idea what these could do.

Sp and Move: I would imagine these reflect your movement speed and also, maybe your keep taking speed.

What do you guys thinks?

Luck likely relate to critical hits or perhaps the dual-guard.

I'm willing to bet that maybe Skill relates to gauge building speed, but that might be a bit far-fetched.

Perhaps Speed relates to the speed at which your attacks come out? 

It's all a grey area for now, hopefully we get trailers explaining the gameplay elements.

Edited by DaloDask

HP, Strength, and Defense are all extremely intuitive. Magic and Resistance a bit less so since we don't know how magic and physical attacks are distinguished here, but otherwise not too difficult to assume.

6 hours ago, DaloDask said:

Luck likely relate to critical hits or perhaps the dual-guard.

I'm willing to bet that maybe Skill relates to gauge building speed, but that might be a bit far-fetched.

Perhaps Speed relates to the speed at which your attacks come out? 

It's all a grey area for now, hopefully we get trailers explaining the gameplay elements.

Critical Hits in this game are just the moves you pull off when you deplete the shield gauge, and Dual Guards seem to be manually-activated, so Luck probably won't affect those. It'll probably affect non-combat mechanics such as the odds of rare material drops or getting powerful weapons, since Warriors games love their RNG-materials.

Despite your hesitation you're actually probably dead on the money about Skill; gauge-building speed is a variable mechanic, not a fixed gain rate, and it's the most apt fit for Skill.

Speed may affect attack rate, but that might be very OP (As the Hasty Attacks skill in Hyrule Warriors showed very well). It might have something to do with the dodge mechanic and/or attack-cancelling, instead. It probably won't affect movement speed, though, despite how obvious that sounds; one odd thing about Warriors games is that everybody usually moves at the same speed.

Edited by Anomalocaris

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

HP, Strength, and Defense are all extremely intuitive. Magic and Resistance a bit less so since we don't know how magic and physical attacks are distinguished here, but otherwise not too difficult to assume.

Critical Hits in this game are just the moves you pull off when you deplete the shield gauge, and Dual Guards seem to be manually-activated, so Luck probably won't affect those. It'll probably affect non-combat mechanics such as the odds of rare material drops or getting powerful weapons, since Warriors games love their RNG-materials.

Despite your hesitation you're actually probably dead on the money about Skill; gauge-building speed is a variable mechanic, not a fixed gain rate, and it's the most apt fit for Skill.

Speed may affect attack rate, but that might be very OP (As the Hasty Attacks skill in Hyrule Warriors showed very well). It might have something to do with the dodge mechanic and/or attack-cancelling, instead. It probably won't affect movement speed, though, despite how obvious that sounds; one odd thing about Warriors games is that everybody usually moves at the same speed.

I thought there was a move stat.

24 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Nope, Mov seems to be excised from this game, if the level-up screens are any indication.

Spoiler

Image result for fire emblem warriors stats

Move is in the game. I'm assuming they don't show it on the level up screen because it is probably fixed like in every other game.

Just now, Azz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Image result for fire emblem warriors stats

Move is in the game. I'm assuming they don't show it on the level up screen because it is probably fixed like in every other game.

Ah, whoops. You're right.

Hmm. Either characters have different movement speeds (unusual for this type of game), it's just meaningless text that doesn't actually affect anything and is only there for FE flavor (unlikely), or it impacts something other than actual movement speed (can't think of much else, though).

11 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Hmm. Either characters have different movement speeds (unusual for this type of game), it's just meaningless text that doesn't actually affect anything and is only there for FE flavor (unlikely), or it impacts something other than actual movement speed (can't think of much else, though).

I'd say the former. I was watching the gameplay vids and Xander seems notably faster when he moves than the rest, which makes sense when you remember that the developers said that they wanted to preserve the fact that mounted units are more mobile than infantry in Fire Emblem (at the cost of being weak against horse slaying weapons).

Edited by Folt

Just now, Folt said:

I'd say the former. I was watching the gameplay vids and Xander seems notably faster when he moves than the rest, which makes sense when you remember that the developers said that they wanted to persere the fact that mounted units are more mobile than infantry in Fire Emblem (at the cost of being weak against horse slaying weapons).

I guess that's it, then. Interesting.

I hope armored units aren't an utter slog to play as.

39 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Incorrect. Recent DW games at least have had characters with varying movement speeds: Cao Ren (literally an armor knight-- look up his design) has slower movement than Zhao Yun (jack of all trades) who has slower movement than Wang Yuanji (spacing, projectiles, and damage over time).

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Incorrect. Recent DW games at least have had characters with varying movement speeds: Cao Ren (literally an armor knight-- look up his design) has slower movement than Zhao Yun (jack of all trades) who has slower movement than Wang Yuanji (spacing, projectiles, and damage over time).

Ah, okay.

I wonder if we'll get Boots as an item?

Oh, I've collected some stats on the playable characters so we know how they stack up to one another, each from the Lv. 22 to 23 range:

Rowan:

Spoiler

HP: 259 -> 267

Strength: 21 -> 22

Magic: 18 -> 19

Skill: 18 -> 19

Speed: 22 -> 23

Luck: 20 -> 21

Defence: 22 -> 23

Resistance: 21 -> 22

Lianna:

Spoiler

HP: 263 -> 271

Strength: 20

Magic: 19 -> 20

Skill: 20

Speed: 20 -> 21

Luck: 19 -> 20

Defence: 21 -> 22

Resistance: 22 -> 23

Marth:

Spoiler

HP: 267 -> 275

Strength: 21

Magic: 17

Skill: 19 -> 20

Luck: 26

Resistance: 17

Chrom:

Spoiler

HP: 271 -> 279

Strength: 23 -> 24

Magic: 13 -> 14

Skill: 23 -> 24

Speed: 23 -> 24

Luck: 23 -> 24

Defence: 23 -> 24

Resistance: 17 -> 18

Corrin:

Spoiler

Magic: 17 -> 18

Speed: 20

Luck: 19

Defence: 20 -> 21

Resistance: 16 -> 17

Ryoma:

Spoiler

HP: 279 -> 287

Strength: 20 -> 21

Magic: 16 -> 17

Skill: 22 -> 23

Speed: 27 -> 28

Defence: 18 -> 19

Resistance: 20 -> 21

Xander:

Spoiler

HP: 275 -> 283

Strength: 23

Magic: 14 -> 15

Skill: 21 -> 22

Speed: 21 -> 22

And here's some comparisons between them, from lowest to highest:

Spoiler

HP: Rowan -> Lianna -> Marth/Corrin -> Chrom -> Xander -> Ryoma

Strength: Lianna -> Ryoma -> Marth -> Rowan -> Xander -> Chrom/Corrin

Magic: Chrom -> Xander -> Ryoma -> Marth -> Corrin -> Rowan -> Lianna

Skill: Rowan/Corrin -> Marth -> Lianna -> Xander > Ryoma -> Chrom

Speed: Corrin -> Lianna -> Xander -> Rowan/Marth -> Chrom -> Ryoma

Luck: Corrin -> Lianna -> Rowan/Ryoma/Xander -> Chrom -> Marth

Defence: Ryoma -> Corrin -> Lianna -> Rowan/Marth/Xander -> Chrom

Resistance: Corrin -> Marth -> Chrom -> Ryoma -> Rowan/Xander -> Lianna

Rowan and Lianna are pretty balanced in terms of stats, with Lianna being the most balanced of all the characters stat-wise. Rowan leans more towards being a physical attacker while Lianna leans more towards magic (and in fact has the best Magic of the current playable cast at a respectable 20), but either one seems to be able to do hybrid stuff (and of the current cast, seem to be the only ones that would even be considered for hybrid stuff). Interestingly though, Rowan's aggressive and more careless fighting style seems to transfer to his statline as well because he has the lowest HP and is tied for the lowest Skill of the seven heroes. Lianna meanwhile has the worst Strength of the lot (again, at a rather respectable 20).

Marth doesn't stand out much in stats, other than Luck which is hands-and-above the best out of all the characters, but his moveset seems to gear him towards being a fast duelist. I think he's gonna be pretty good against officers, but his crowd-control seems lacking.

Chrom has some incredible stats across the board, tying with Corrin for best Strength and being the actual best character in Skill and Defence. Speed, Luck, and HP are also relatively high. Moveset-wise he also appears to possess good tools for any situation, making him a pretty good fighter. He pays for it with the lowest Magic among the playable characters AND bad Resistance, only beating out Corrin and Marth, so his potential for going hybrid is pretty nonexistent.

Corrin is pretty strong, yet pretty slow compared to the others if we go by stats. Also possess decent Magic out of the ones shown (though I think it might be kinda bad overall). Given that she seems to have a pretty powerful crowdclearing moveset, I guess it's to be expected. Her defensive parameters are disappointing with average HP and Defence and the undisputed worst Resistance amongst the cast. You probably don't want her fighting against mages without a Res-boosting pair-up, and you'll probably keep her as a mostly physical attacker anyways despite her (mediocre?) Magic because her Strength is just so much better.

Ryoma is our weak, yet speedy character. Curiously, he also possesses the highest HP of the characters we know about so far. It is interesting though that Ryoma, moveset-wise, actually seem slower than Marth, despite his titanic Speed stat. Perhaps Speed will indeed not have any effect on attack speed in this game.

Xander, much like Chrom, has pretty good-to-decent stats across the board (generally slightly lower than Chrom's though), though as a mounted cavalier, he is the most mobile of them all in terms of movement, and his defensive parameters is overall the best among the cast, having the second-highest stat in HP, tied with Rowan and Marth for the second-highest Defence, and tied with Rowan for the second-highest Resistance among the current cast that we know off. He pays for these stats with the second lowest magic of the cast, though it's still higher than Chrom's.

I must say though, that they have Speed as Sp kinda bothers me.

4 hours ago, Folt said:

Oh, I've collected some stats on the playable characters so we know how they stack up to one another, each from the Lv. 22 to 23 range:

Rowan:

Reveal hidden contents

HP: 259 -> 267

Strength: 21 -> 22

Magic: 18 -> 19

Lianna:

Reveal hidden contents

HP: 263 -> 271

Strength: 20

Magic: 19 -> 20

Skill: 20

Speed: 20 -> 21

Luck: 19 -> 20

Defence: 21 -> 22

Resistance: 22 -> 23

Marth:

Reveal hidden contents

Strength: 21

Magic: 17

Skill: 19 -> 20

Luck: 26

Resistance: 17

Chrom:

Reveal hidden contents

HP: 271 -> 279

Magic: 13 -> 14

Skill: 23 -> 24

Speed: 23 -> 24

Luck: 23 -> 24

Defence: 23 -> 24

Resistance: 17 -> 18

Corrin:

Reveal hidden contents

Magic: 17 -> 18

Speed: 20

Luck: 19

Defence: 20 -> 21

Resistance: 16 -> 17

Ryoma:

Reveal hidden contents

HP: 279 -> 287

Strength: 20 -> 21

Magic: 16 -> 17

Skill: 22 -> 23

Speed: 27 -> 28

Defence: 18 -> 19

Resistance: 20 -> 21

Xander:

Reveal hidden contents

HP: 275 -> 283

Strength: 23

Magic: 14 -> 15

Skill: 21 -> 22

Speed: 21 -> 22

And here's some comparisons between them, from lowest to highest:

Reveal hidden contents

HP: Rowan -> Lianna -> Marth/Corrin -> Chrom -> Xander -> Ryoma

Strength: Lianna -> Ryoma -> Marth -> Rowan -> Xander -> Chrom/Corrin

Magic: Chrom -> Xander -> Ryoma -> Marth -> Corrin -> Rowan -> Lianna

Skill: Rowan/Corrin -> Marth -> Lianna -> Xander > Ryoma -> Chrom

Speed: Corrin -> Lianna -> Xander -> Rowan/Marth -> Chrom -> Ryoma

Luck: Corrin -> Lianna -> Rowan/Ryoma/Xander -> Chrom -> Marth

Defence: Ryoma -> Corrin -> Lianna -> Rowan/Marth/Xander -> Chrom

Resistance: Corrin -> Marth -> Chrom -> Ryoma -> Rowan/Xander -> Lianna

Rowan and Lianna are pretty balanced in terms of stats, with Lianna being the most balanced of all the characters stat-wise. Rowan leans more towards being a physical attacker while Lianna leans more towards magic (and in fact has the best Magic of the current playable cast at a respectable 20), but either one seems to be able to do hybrid stuff (and of the current cast, seem to be the only ones that would even be considered for hybrid stuff). Interestingly though, Rowan's aggressive and more careless fighting style seems to transfer to his statline as well because he has the lowest HP and is tied for the lowest Skill of the seven heroes. Lianna meanwhile has the worst Strength of the lot (again, at a rather respectable 20).

Marth doesn't stand out much in stats, other than Luck which is hands-and-above the best out of all the characters, but his moveset seems to gear him towards being a fast duelist. I think he's gonna be pretty good against officers, but his crowd-control seems lacking.

Chrom has some incredible stats across the board, tying with Corrin for best Strength and being the actual best character in Skill and Defence. Speed, Luck, and HP are also relatively high. Moveset-wise he also appears to possess good tools for any situation, making him a pretty good fighter. He pays for it with the lowest Magic among the playable characters AND bad Resistance, only beating out Corrin and Marth, so his potential for going hybrid is pretty nonexistent.

Corrin is pretty strong, yet pretty slow compared to the others if we go by stats. Also possess decent Magic out of the ones shown (though I think it might be kinda bad overall). Given that she seems to have a pretty powerful crowdclearing moveset, I guess it's to be expected. Her defensive parameters are disappointing with average HP and Defence and the undisputed worst Resistance amongst the cast. You probably don't want her fighting against mages without a Res-boosting pair-up, and you'll probably keep her as a mostly physical attacker anyways despite her (mediocre?) Magic because her Strength is just so much better.

Ryoma is our weak, yet speedy character. Curiously, he also possesses the highest HP of the characters we know about so far. It is interesting though that Ryoma, moveset-wise, actually seem slower than Marth, despite his titanic Speed stat. Perhaps Speed will indeed not have any effect on attack speed in this game.

Xander, much like Chrom, has pretty good-to-decent stats across the board (generally slightly lower than Chrom's though), though as a mounted cavalier, he is the most mobile of them all in terms of movement, and his defensive parameters is overall the best among the cast, having the second-highest stat in HP, tied with Rowan and Marth for the second-highest Defence, and tied with Rowan for the second-highest Resistance among the current cast that we know off. He pays for these stats with the second lowest magic of the cast, though it's still higher than Chrom's.

I must say though, that they have Speed as Sp kinda bothers me.

Kind of surprised to see Chrom have the best skill. One would thing Ryoma or Marth would take that.

On 6/16/2017 at 2:08 PM, Azz said:

*coughcough*

Corrin having the highest strength, Ryoma having the highest HP, and Chrom having the highest skill seem like errors.

Edited by Slumber

39 minutes ago, Slumber said:

*coughcough*

Corrin having the highest strength, Ryoma having the highest HP, and Chrom having the highest skill seem like errors.

She technically shares the title of highest Strength (for now) with Chrom, but eh.

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

*coughcough*

It is entirely possible that this is either a ready-made file for the sake of showcase, or base stats are very much a thing, and when at max level, these stats will begin to vary wildly.

Just now, DaloDask said:

It is entirely possible that this is either a ready-made file for the sake of showcase, or base stats are very much a thing, and when at max level, these stats will begin to vary wildly.

I was thinking that this was probably just a showcase thing, and their stats don't really mean anything right now(We saw something similar with SoV, where some videos a month before the game came out, characters had higher stats than the final version), but I didn't want to insinuate that the OP wasted his time. 

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

I was thinking that this was probably just a showcase thing, and their stats don't really mean anything right now(We saw something similar with SoV, where some videos a month before the game came out, characters had higher stats than the final version), but I didn't want to insinuate that the OP wasted his time. 

They might change some things compared to the eventual playable version, but I kinda doubt the stats we see won't be at least somewhat similiar to the ones we've seen here. Plus, the stat spreads help give us some clear indications on the strengths and the weaknesses of the characters. (Like Chrom's imposing physical stats being compensated for with extremely low magic and low Resistance). I'm also expecting, once we get to see more characters of more classes, that Chrom is going to fall into a place where his niché is that he is one of the best overall physical fighters against units who rely on physical strength, but needs to be more careful against highly physically defensive juggernauts and mages, much like many standard RPG fighters due to how his stats are so optimized for physical combat.

Edited by Folt

On 6/21/2017 at 5:53 AM, Slumber said:

There were also weird things popping up in the SoV trailers like characters in different classes that they shouldnt be if I remember correctly. So I would take the demo and the trailers with a grain of salt until actual reveals start happening, but it is a good starting point.

As far as what the OP posted, it definitely is useful. At the very least it tells us that these characters, despite all wielding swords, have varying move sets and playstyles.

Edited by Tolvir