Weirdest Tempest Trials Teams that have Worked for You

jameslove001

Hey everybody. I am a pretty casual player; I don't really know how to use inheritance well, and frankly, my goal for the Tempest Torture is simple 30,000 for Masked Marth. I am not the greatest tactician so I am only pulling in around 240-350 points a round. Because I don't have the greatest heroes, I have had to throw together some pretty wonky teams to clear a map only to find they work REALLY well together. What are some of your strangest teams that you think others may not throw on a team? My two teams are listed below.

Team 1

Nino, Ninian, Klein and Beruka - This was out of necessity to get through that flyer map. And dang it if they didn't cruise through 5 maps. I have made them my new starter team (I have to save Tharja and Hana as my only reds that can take out Veronica) and they are consistently clearing 3-5 teams. Some of it is just match-up I know, but Beruka is taking care of my major weakness - dagger throwers. 

Team 2

Barst, Hana, Subaki, and Ursula - Ursula is my clear cut weak link, but with Subaki's swap and Barst's reposition I have been able to attack/kill and then get the defensive match-up I need after. 

I've managed to make a no-Red Unit team work, but not for the higher difficulties and I've used SI more than a little. The team is Mae, Robin(M), Camilla(who is the only reason Veronica doesn't just obliterate me), and Takumi(who pretty much carries me to the final fight). My normal team is Roy, Lyn, Sakura, Takumi, but they're all beefed up thanks to SI(Roy has Vantage, for example).

Looking at your two teams...man I wish I had Mae, Camilla, Lyn, Sakura or Takumi! I just draw Cecilia, Matthew and Fir over and over again! 

I am with you on a no red team working. I think if I skip any other color I am doomed, but I can skip red except for the last battle.

Not my fastest team, but I've been able to clear the first 6 maps fairly well with a team of Wendy, Sheena, Sophia, and Clarine.  Sophia was turned into a Triangle Adept 3 Raven user, which helps immensely with dagger and bow users.  Wendy and Sheena both are Quick Riposte 2 with Fortify Armor and Swap.  Red mages and really high atk axe users seem to be this teams weakest matchups.

I have two:

1 - 5*Effie, Bridelia, 4*Corrin and 4*MRobin . Sometimes they can clear 2 maps, that's a lot if you consider that I just put them together because I didn't know what to do, also bonus character. No inheritance with the exception of Pivot for Effie

2 - 5*Camus, 4*Ursula, 4*Frederick and 3*Olivia . Olivia is only lv 30 with her normal skills. These four even beated 4 maps. They started with no inheritance, yesterday I give Camus some skills, but everyone else has default

The other 2 are my stronger units, but these 2 teams... I'm surprised how much they can do even if I make them at random

Like you, I'm keeping with 300 points per run with LuciMask as my goal. 2 "strong" teams and 2 "random" teams, are carrying me around this trial, tomorrow that 5*Lucimask will be mine!!

Edited by SniperGYS

I just put some of my 5* heroes together (no SI because I'm too stupid for that) and hoped they'd work. So far my main teams are:

- 5*Ike, 5*Linde, 5*Michalis/Spring Chrom, 5*Takumi: They don't have much synergy tbh, other than Linde healing Ike with Aura + Aether abuse. Michalis is just there because he's my strongest axe unit and sometimes S!Chrom for the same reason + he heals himself by attacking and Shove is useful sometimes. Takumi is here to shoo birds and finish mages when other units can't, I guess.

- 5*Young!Tiki, 5*Ninian, 5*Spring!Lucina, 5* Minerva: Tiki tanks anything, Spring!Lucina is a nuke, Ninian improves Lucina's nuke power, Minerva kills what Lucina can't and shoos most birds away.

Not counting what I assembly (almost randomly) if they fall in battle. I finished 5 battles Lunatic mode once, but overall I never get past the last Lunatic maps (I'm currently doing the hardest Lunatic map).

1) Hector (Sol/pivot), Tharja, Azura (both vanilla), Bridelia (desperation3, BoL seal), Initially it didn't work that well, but now they can semi regularly clear quickly first 6 maps. Bridelia is best healer.

2)Palla (repo/DB3), Cordelia (repo), Camilla (smite), Minerva (Iote shield). Yeah my regular flier team. If Tharja teams got unlucky fliers take over. Very versatile and sturdy team.

3) actually I am not sure, it's completely random team with sole purpose to surrender in final round.

4)Azura, Cecilia (Blade/Glimmer/HA3), Olwen (DB3/Glaciers/WC),Titania (MoonB/LoD/D3/HC). Classic cavalry. With dummy team before them they can clear map in 2 turns unless Leo spawns. They can clear map even without softening enemy before, but it's always nerve wrecking.

Getting 600+ score with A rank speed.

Edited by Tenzen12

Why are you not using Bridelia as healer? considering you want farm SP you should be shooting a lot anyway. 

You could Tharja or some other bonus unit instead of Genny.

Edited by Tenzen12

Bride Cordelia can't heal herself though, and I don't have the popular brave bow/desperation on her yet.

I'll give them to her after tempest is over, I need to rank up a few units

That's true, she can't. Mine has desperation, but without other stuff it's not that game breaking.

Well I usually use my other units (Hector, Tharja, Azura) bait enemy and finish them with Bridelia while healing everyone who took damage. She doesn't get hurt herself often.