Planning for Sorcerer with armsthrift avatar gameplay, will this work?

WindowsX

I started another Awakening gameplay hoping to abuse dark tomes this time. I haven't used this before as Tharja got to be Sorcerer class in last few chapters. This time I plan to make my Avatar a sorcerer with this setup.

Asset/Flaw: +SPD/-Res (Good SPD without some boosts on SKL and LUK but hurt RES and little of MAG)

Skills:
Ignis
Armsthrift
Vantage
Vengeance
Wrath

Class change setup: Tactician (10) -> Grandmaster (5) -> Mercenary (10) -> Myrmidon (10) -> Dark Mage (10) -> Sorcerer

Will this work out? Will I reach 50 LUK by the end of the game?

Simply put: No. Even with a luck asset, you're still one point short without augmenting it somehow. Cap-wise.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

While your luck cap will be 47, you can increase your luck to 50 through pairing up with someone who has 30 or more luck or through pairing up with certain classes such as Great lord. So unless you plan to be dual striking a lot which judging by your skills you won't be, the luck cap shouldn't be an issue as long as you pair up.

• 2 weeks later...

pair MU with Chrom. thank me later-

also, assuming this is a gameplay build you are class changing too much. It's main story, you don`t need skills in order to stomp everything. You want them for utility purposes (and maybe for self-heal). So I'd recommend going Tactician -> Mercenary -> Hero -> Sorcerer - if you get an early second seal (or if noone else needs them quickly) you can instead go Tactician -> Mercenary -> Pegasus Knight -> Dark Flier -> Sorcerer for Galeforce. (you won't need Sol as you can use Nosferatu instead) - giving you the following skills:

- Veteran (because it's veteran)
- Armsthrift
- Sol/Galeforce (depending on class path)
- Solidarity (increases chrom's crit chance which therefore increases his Exp gain (dual units gain ~2x exp if they land the killing blow)
- Vengeance/Patience (definitely the latter if you are using waste)

Don't second seal Chrom. As strange as it sounds ... speed and luck are the only stats you need - everything else is off the bar anyways. On lunatic, you need the speed in order to be able to double attack Grima - and Luck is needed for hitting 50 Luck. Also, all Energy Drops and Secret Books should go to Chrom so that he is able to sneak those last hits and get as many levelups as possible - this again will help against Grima because he will actually be useful in that case.

For the last chapter, you should ditch Veteran (and Sol) for Vengeance (and Patience) for more damage against Grima.

Asset/Flaw is fine, although I personally prefer +Def (and -Str/Skl) as I already get speed from Chrom. But that's personal preference, I guess. ;-)

tl,dr: Chrom's your man