Favorite characters in the Tellius games.

Elincia

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mist and soren are probably my favorites

elincia, tanith, reyson, and nephenee are cool too

i also really like meg

sanaki is another one, but mainly in radiant dawn, although I guess that goes without saying

lehran too but that might just be the hair

Edited by unique

1. Zihark

2. Haar

3. Nailah

4. Neasala

5. Jill

I am only listing my top 5, but there are many more units from RD that I love.

My favorites are the ones who can fly and don't need to use a laguz stone plus the true lord in FE10 plus the smiling girl who carries a sword, probably taller than her.

Means: Jill, Haar, Elincia, Marcia, Sigrun, Tanith, Tibarn, Naesala, Micaiah, Mia

Edited by アリサ ラインフォルト

2 hours ago, Elincia said:

Take a wild guess who my favorite is, lol.

Other favorites include Geoffrey, Lucia, Bastian, and basically the entire Crimea cast.

I can pretty much get behind this, although I wouldn't count Bastian among my favorites. He's a bit too weird for me. And Makalov is just an idiot so I can't really count him.

I wouldn't say every part of the Crimean cast is my favorite, but there's so many good ones to choose. I like Elincia, especially how she becomes in RD. Let's face it, she learns to take nothing lying down, so I'd definitely pity the poor fool who'd ever even think of challenging her. Lucia is another favorite of mine, although mainly I like studying her character, since we get relatively little. And also among my list of favorites is Soren. The guy can be downright amusing without even trying to be, and you can just about hear the amount of snark in his voice just reading his lines.

I also get a kick out of Gatrie, mainly because he's such a doofus when it comes to women, but does he ever try.

21 minutes ago, TheFreelancerSeal said:

I can pretty much get behind this, although I wouldn't count Bastian among my favorites. He's a bit too weird for me. And Makalov is just an idiot so I can't really count him.

Yeah, I do find Makalov to be quite amusing at times, but yeah I guess I wouldn't really consider him to be one of my favorites. I pretty much love the rest of the Crimean cast though.

I really wish the Royal Knights had gotten more screen time, cause to me, they had the most entertaining dialogue out of the other factions

Edited by Elincia

I like most of the Tellius cast! The only exceptions are Micaiah and her group (because they're boring as fuck, mainly due to not getting real supports or anything), plus Mia and Geoffrey.

But my top favorites are:

IKE <3 Always love me some Ike!

Elincia, the best girl <3

Kieran

Ranulf

Marcia

Jill

And pretty much all of the Greil Mercs (except Mia, of course). Ike and his gang are the best!

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I like most of the Tellius cast! The only exceptions are Micaiah and her group (because they're boring as fuck, mainly due to not getting real supports or anything), plus Mia and Geoffrey.

But my top favorites are:

IKE <3 Always love me some Ike!

Elincia

Kieran

Ranulf

Marcia

And pretty much all of the Greil Mercs (except Mia, of course). Ike and his gang are the best!

Not sure what your issue is with Geoffrey. I absolutely love him.

Oh well, different tastes I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Elincia said:

Not sure what your issue is with Geoffrey. I absolutely love him.

Oh well, different tastes I suppose.

A few things. He's boring to me, though it doesn't help him that he gets little screen time in both games and in PoR, he only supports one character not named Elincia. I like that he's chivalrous, and hot damn is his hair my favorite color ever (the only thing I like a lot about him and his sister are their hair colors, really). His obsession with Elincia is weird to a degree and rubs me the wrong way because it feels like he cares more about her than he does the people and country that he's meant to serve and protect. I feel like a guy with a personality like his would work better if he was more Camus-ish in this sense, only actually on the good guy side. Lastly, he can marry the woman who's practically his other sister and as someone that grew up with step/foster siblings myself, that weirds me the fuck out (also the only thing I don't like about Elincia, and I'm a big shipper of Ike x Elincia too).

But yes, different tastes. And we can just ignore this part and talk about Elincia anyway! We both love her at least! :P

Edited by Anacybele

My ordering will be fairly rough (higher equals more liked):

1. Sephiran

2. Soren

3. Shinon

4. Naesala (Curse you Blood Pact! Why'd you have to dull his edge? You should've left him abrasive IS!)

5. Elincia

6. Bastian (Speaks in verse with a most jovial exterior, but a mastermind beneath the surface.)

7. Jill

8. Reyson

9. Ranulf

10. Nasir

11. Stefan (I want to put him higher on my list, but part of me says no to that).

Shoutouts for charm go to Tormod and PoR Sothe; Mist and Rolf deserve brownie points too. A quiet word of praise goes to Haar, and Tauroneo gets a touch of pity for having unused potential. Micaiah gets a point for being a lord who actually has to struggle with failure. Dheginsea will be the last honorable mention I swear. To most of the rest, I say you're good too, just not having such a strong impact on me currently.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A quiet word of praise goes to Haar, and Tauroneo gets a touch of pity for having unused potential.

His support with Rolf is fantastic, even if it's mostly him talking. Definitely a highlight of Path of Radiance.

Just now, Thane said:

His support with Rolf is fantastic, even if it's mostly him talking. Definitely a highlight of Path of Radiance.

Agree here! That support made me like Tauroneo. ^^

Favorites:

- Micaiah

- Mia

- Sanaki

- Laura

- Geoffrey

- Lucia

- Sothe

- Gatrie

- Tauroneo

I like the majority of the Tellius cast in general. FE10 Ike and the Black Knight are pretty much the only ones I cannot stand (FE10 Ike specifically being the worst Lord and almost worst character in the series).

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A few things. He's boring to me, though it doesn't help him that he gets little screen time in both games and in PoR, he only supports one character not named Elincia. I like that he's chivalrous, and hot damn is his hair my favorite color ever (the only thing I like a lot about him and his sister are their hair colors, really). His obsession with Elincia is weird to a degree and rubs me the wrong way because it feels like he cares more about her than he does the people and country that he's meant to serve and protect. I feel like a guy with a personality like his would work better if he was more Camus-ish in this sense, only actually on the good guy side. Lastly, he can marry the woman who's practically his other sister and as someone that grew up with step/foster siblings myself, that weirds me the fuck out (also the only thing I don't like about Elincia, and I'm a big shipper of Ike x Elincia too).

But yes, different tastes. And we can just ignore this part and talk about Elincia anyway! We both love her at least! :P

Him caring deeply for Elincia = obsession? Not trying to twist your words or anything, thats just kinda how it comes off as to me.

As for the psuedo incestness of him and Elincia relationship, this personal does not bother me, cause in my mind as long as both of them are grown and consenting adults, and no one is getting hurt in the end, I see no problem with it. I feel this way about true incest as well. 

And yeah I agree that he would have been better if he served more as a Camus archtype instead. More screen time to would have help as well.

And are shipping taste greatly differ, lol (I'm hardcore Elincia x Geoffrey)

Anyway, agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, Elincia said:

Him caring deeply for Elincia = obsession? Not trying to twist your words or anything, thats just kinda how it comes off as to me.

As for the psuedo incestness of him and Elincia relationship, this personal does not bother me, cause in my mind as long as both of them are grown and consenting adults, and no one is getting hurt in the end, I see no problem with it. I feel this way about true incest as well.

Caring deeply for someone is one thing, but when it feels like nearly everything about the character revolves around one person? It's out of hand in that case. I'm not a fan of Soren for this reason too. His obsession with Ike is borderline unhealthy and he's also a dick to some people. I understand why Soren is the way he is though, so I don't really dislike him and he's well written otherwise.

Incest doesn't bother you at all? Really? Then I guess we'll just disagree a lot here, yeah.

Easily Lucia and Elincia. While I cannot stand how they handled Elincia in FE9 ( that damsel-in-distress trope should have been killed with fire over 20 years ago ), she pretty much redeemed herself in FE10 where she became this amazingly strong and confident queen who has clearly gotten over her foolish crush(es) from FE9 ( though I blame NoA for shoving that in ) and was ready to take the reigns of leadership. While it is true that Lucia didn't get a lot of screen-time (and as such, she gets interpreted as being flat/boring/just another loyal knight etc.), she doesn't need a character arc to show the bond she has with Elincia. It's as simple as that. You only had to look at their reunion scene in FE9 to get the gist of it. And it was wonderful. A well-written character(s) doesn't need to be verbose to explain their nature or what they stand for.

I love the unbreakable bond she has with Lucia, hell, I love their whole relationship dynamic, and the beauty of it is that, no matter how you interpret it ( whether platonic or romantic ), you can't deny how close they are. The same can be said of her relationship with Geoffrey.

Zihark, a somewhat sad backstory (That I personally relate too, different circumstances of course) along with being against his own countries ideals, yet he decides to try to help said country anyways. Noble, (although later FE10 is ooc for him to stay with Micaiah I think, good thing he can join Ike with the same people or an A support with Brom or Ilyana transferred from the previous game.) 

Not to mention his design is cool. Plus he's just generally a chill & good guy.

Edited by Jedi

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Zihark, a somewhat sad backstory (That I personally relate too, different circumstances of course) along with being against his own countries ideals, yet he decides to try to help said country anyways. Noble, (although later FE10 is ooc for him to stay with Micaiah I think, good thing he can join Ike with the same people or an A support with Brom or Ilyana transferred from the previous game.) 

Not to mention his design is cool.

Oh yeah, I like Zihark a lot too! His backstory is kind of sad. :( And yet he's really cool!

Geoffrey's got some decent bits in the RD parts where you play as him. Having Kieran around makes a big difference, and I think a PoR support between them would've been great. As is, he's kinda like a less interesting Frederick you never get to use.

I could go on for a while about favorite Tellius characters because I'm pretty sure I'd just list everyone from PoR and the better-developed RD originals. I'll throw out Boyd, Brom, and Calill for greats who haven't been mentioned yet.

1 hour ago, Elincia said:

Yeah, I do find Makalov to be quite amusing at times, but yeah I guess I wouldn't really consider him to be one of my favorites. I pretty much love the rest of the Crimean cast though.

I really wish the Royal Knights had gotten more screen time, cause to me, they had the most entertaining dialogue out of the other factions

He is amusing, I'll give you that, but he's more suited to be a court jester than a knight.

I know. I kind of wish more of the Royal Knights or Crimea in general got more screen time in RD. But still, great game as it was, but seeing it's Fire Emblem, I'm biased, especially towards Tellius.

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If I may just step in a bit, I do agree that Geoffrey can be a tad boring. I mean, I would have liked to have seen a little more to his character, beyond the chivalry.

I wouldn't exactly call it obsession between him and Elincia myself, although I do agree that it seemed a bit weird that he can marry her having been raised as her brother, which he is in a sense. But in a larger context, it's probably best he married Elincia. Being queen, she'd be pressured to find a husband, and you can imagine everyone would be in line to try their hand at winning hers. Not to mention, most would be looking to their own self-interest. So, it could be seen as a way for him to protect her.

But yeah, I can only imagine it would be very weird for both of them sleeping together, literally and otherwise. :P

FE9 Ike amd his development.

Elincia in FE10 when she said she didn't need Ike anymore. Felt more symbolic of character growth than just the simple "for cleaning up the rebellion" I don't need you thing.

Especially since playing the JP version, the shipping in FE9 seemed definitely more pushy than NA FE9.