Favorite characters in the Tellius games.

Elincia

8 minutes ago, TheFreelancerSeal said:

If I may just step in a bit, I do agree that Geoffrey can be a tad boring. I mean, I would have liked to have seen a little more to his character, beyond the chivalry.

I wouldn't exactly call it obsession between him and Elincia myself, although I do agree that it seemed a bit weird that he can marry her having been raised as her brother, which he is in a sense. But in a larger context, it's probably best he married Elincia. Being queen, she'd be pressured to find a husband, and you can imagine everyone would be in line to try their hand at winning hers. Not to mention, most would be looking to their own self-interest. So, it could be seen as a way for him to protect her.

But yeah, I can only imagine it would be very weird for both of them sleeping together, literally and otherwise. :P

That's fine, it's an understandable point. I have a headcanon that says she only settled for him anyway, that she didn't really love him in THAT way, she only needed to find a husband and the only other realistic option for her would've been Ike and he disappears. She doesn't care for all those snooty nobles and I doubt many people would've accepted her getting with a commoner not named Ike. Normally, I would be disappointed in someone just settling for someone else like that, but in Elincia's case, it would be fully understandable.

I felt more like Elincia really saw Geoffrey as just a brother, not a potential lover (their support seemed akin to a little sister telling her big brother to stop babying her). NoA built on it further by adding in her implied feelings for Ike. It's just too bad this wasn't IS's intention for RD. Maybe if it was, the story would've ended up better. I like RD for what it is, but it's not as well written as PoR.

But yes, I would've liked to see more of Geoffrey's character and some backstory. We know pretty much nothing about his and Lucia's history. So I built on that a bit in a couple of my short fics.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I like Zihark a lot too! His backstory is kind of sad. :( And yet he's really cool!

Cipher managed to emulate that coolness too 

232px-B03-035.jpeg

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

232px-B03-035.jpeg

Ooh, and Lethe is in there with him too! (it's Lethe and not Lyre because of the green collar. That was Lethe's thing) Is that a shipping hint, IS? XD I like Zihark x Ilyana as a pairing more, but Zihark with Lethe isn't a bad idea either!

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Incest doesn't bother you at all? Really? Then I guess we'll just disagree a lot here, yeah.

Pseudo incest doesnt really. I mean if they arent blood related then who's really getting hurt in the end? No one really. Real incest, however, does bother me if they're having kids together, otherwise I dont particularly care.

And for the record I dont ship a lot of things that are, Elincia x Geoffrey is probably the only one that I do, and thats mostly because there's a lot of things about their relationship dynamic that I really like.

Anyway my opinion of this is rather weird considering how I was raised, so yeah.

4 minutes ago, Elincia said:

Pseudo incest doesnt really. I mean if they arent blood related then who's really getting hurt in the end? No one really. Real incest, however, does bother me if they're having kids together, otherwise I dont particularly care.

And for the record I dont ship a lot of things that are, Elincia x Geoffrey is probably the only one that I do, and thats mostly because there's a lot of things about their relationship dynamic that I really like.

Anyway my opinion of this is rather weird considering how I was raised, so yeah.

You don't have to be blood-related to consider someone family rather than a romantic lover. I just told you myself, I grew up with step/foster siblings. Both were boys, in fact. Stepbrothers. But we would've never thought of each other as potential lovers. We call each other brother and sister, family, as if we actually were blood-related. We were raised as siblings and family. Did you have any siblings like these? Then you'd understand more how I feel, perhaps. It's not that anyone is getting hurt, it's that after calling each other close siblings for the longest time, we'd suddenly be calling one another lovers for whatever reason. Sothe and Micaiah are a weird pairing to me for the same reason. They actually literally call each other brother and sister.

I'm a pairing nut though, so I ship a bunch of pairings. Ike x Elincia just one of the few big ones, along with Kieran x Marcia and Frederick x female Robin.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

232px-B03-035.jpeg

Looks good overall (I like the hair and the slight curvature of the blade) and it captures an essential part of Zihark's character with a Cat Laguz in the background.

The irony is that Zihark has no Lethe support despite her being able to recruit him (nor a Mordecai support, only Muarim- who isn't around to recruit him). Stefan is the same way. Why IS?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You don't have to be blood-related to consider someone family rather than a romantic lover. I just told you myself, I grew up with step/foster siblings. Both were boys, in fact. Stepbrothers. But we would've never thought of each other as potential lovers. We call each other brother and sister, family, as if we actually were blood-related. We were raised as siblings and family. Did you have any siblings like these? Then you'd understand more how I feel, perhaps.

I'm a pairing nut though, so I ship a bunch of pairings. Ike x Elincia just one of the few big ones, along with Kieran x Marcia and Frederick x female Robin.

I get how you feel, but as someone who personally met two step siblings that ended up getting married, I can understand the other side of the coin as well.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ooh, and Lethe is in there with him too! (it's Lethe and not Lyre because of the green collar. That was Lethe's thing) Is that a shipping hint, IS? XD I like Zihark x Ilyana as a pairing more, but Zihark with Lethe isn't a bad idea either!

Probably just playing up his love of the Laguz, more than shipping, considering he says "I don't think i'll love anyone else" when referring to his old girlfriend.

• Muarim: That is very uncommon. I've heard stories of love affairs between beorc and laguz. It must have been difficult. I do not imagine either society would have accepted it with ease.
  • Zihark: It...was too much for her. We couldn't be married, and the pressure was too much for her to stay with me. But I've never loved another woman. To this day, I think that I never shall.

6 minutes ago, Jave said:

I get how you feel, but as someone who personally met two step siblings that ended up getting married, I can understand the other side of the coin as well.

...Well, this is something I've never heard of occurring, but I see. But how long did those step siblings know each other, I wonder? My stepbrothers have been my brothers since we were toddlers. If the parents of those siblings married, like, when the kids were late teens or something, then I can understand this happening. They didn't get the chance to actually grow up as siblings in that scenario. What was the term for this again? Begins with a W, I think.

EDIT: @Jedi Yeah, true, it's possible. But sometimes people say they'll never do something or something won't ever happen, and it ends up happening anyway. You never know. :P

Edited by Anacybele

54 minutes ago, Luchi said:

Easily Lucia and Elincia. While I cannot stand how they handled Elincia in FE9 ( that damsel-in-distress trope should have been killed with fire over 20 years ago ), she pretty much redeemed herself in FE10 where she became this amazingly strong and confident queen who has clearly gotten over her foolish crush(es) from FE9 ( though I blame NoA for shoving that in ) and was ready to take the reigns of leadership. While it is true that Lucia didn't get a lot of screen-time (and as such, she gets interpreted as being flat/boring/just another loyal knight etc.), she doesn't need a character arc to show the bond she has with Elincia. It's as simple as that. You only had to look at their reunion scene in FE9 to get the gist of it. And it was wonderful. A well-written character(s) doesn't need to be verbose to explain their nature or what they stand for.

I love the unbreakable bond she has with Lucia, hell, I love their whole relationship dynamic, and the beauty of it is that, no matter how you interpret it ( whether platonic or romantic ), you can't deny how close they are. The same can be said of her relationship with Geoffrey.

Couldnt agree more. One of the biggest reasons why I love Elincia so much is because of how she's a complete divergence of that trope.

And her relationship with both Geoffrey and Lucia are fantastic. So what if they come off as somewhat incestuous, it's the meaningfulness of those relationships that count

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You don't have to be blood-related to consider someone family rather than a romantic lover. I just told you myself, I grew up with step/foster siblings. Both were boys, in fact. Stepbrothers. But we would've never thought of each other as potential lovers. We call each other brother and sister, family, as if we actually were blood-related. We were raised as siblings and family. Did you have any siblings like these? Then you'd understand more how I feel, perhaps. It's not that anyone is getting hurt, it's that after calling each other close siblings for the longest time, we'd suddenly be calling one another lovers for whatever reason. Sothe and Micaiah are a weird pairing to me for the same reason. They actually literally call each other brother and sister.

I believe you should be allowed to love whoever you want without being discrimanted against, that's basically the borderline point I'm trying to make. 

If you think these kinds of relationships are weird than thats perfectly understandable.

And yes there are different types of love, it's not always romantic. Platonic love can be just as strong as romantic love.

A bit off topic, but I tend to view Elincia relationship with Ike as being very platonic. I could never get behind those two as romantic, it comes off as really one sided to me, even in the English version. Elincia clearly has a bit of a crush on him, and an understandable one at that, but I never really say much coming from him in that sense. I do believe he strongly respects and cares for her, just not romantically. And that honestly just makes way more sense for him as a character. He doesn't show much interest in wanting to be in a commited relationship anyway.

Well for my top 5 in no particular order that I can name right now just for Path of Radiance playable characters and I'm going by design and character development:

Ike, Rolf, Jill, Naesala and Nephenee

About Rolf...

Spoiler

I definitely view him as the best child soldier (his support with Mist was very mature and the only other support I can think of that comes close to it is Ricken's support with Henry) in the series. I think it's a shame he's so underrated when he has a character ark going (especially given he has good supports with probably the only weak one was with Rhys) that actually even finishes in Radiant Dawn given the situation with his mother and it's handled very well realistically done. He has far more development than the other green haired archers in this series such as Gordin and Wolt. It's just that in this game Shinon overshadows him and while I can accept there is certainly appeal to him (given he's similar to Takumi and Innes who pretty much started the trend of asshole archers especially being hostile towards the main character) I hate seeing stuff where he seems to almost sees laguz differently with his support with Janaff as he's opening up a bit and wanting to learn more about Janaff given his lifespan but it doesn't go anywhere in Radiant Dawn as he's still a racist towards them and just feels like a step back for his character like if you're going to do a support that makes the character have a apparent change of heart go through with it not just completely forget it.

Then there's also the fact people dismiss Rolf as a unit even though it isn't that hard (Path of Radiance is a pretty easy game) especially seeing how the game throws Bexp at you and when you have a chapter with raven laguz coming up soon which he can take down and by the time Shinon rejoins the group Rolf surpasses him. Now in Radiant Dawn sure Shinon is better than Rolf but data transfer is what I end up doing so that isn't the case.

As for Radiant Dawn:

Micaiah, Pelleas, Sanaki, Edward and Leanne

Honorary Mention for both games: Black Knight 

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

1 minute ago, Elincia said:

I believe you should be allowed to love whoever you want without being discrimanted against, that's basically the borderline point I'm trying to make. 

If you think these kinds of relationships are weird than thats perfectly understandable.

And yes there are different types of love, it's not always romantic. Platonic love can be just as strong as romantic love.

A bit off topic, but I tend to view Elincia relationship with Ike as being very platonic. I could never get behind those two as romantic, it comes off as really one sided to me, even in the English version. Elincia clearly has a bit of a crush on him, and an understandable one at that, but I never really say much coming from him in that sense. I do believe he strongly respects and cares for her, just not romantically. And that honestly just makes way more sense for him as a character. He doesn't show much interest in wanting to be in a commited relationship anyway.

Firstly, you double posted (and it wasn't a glitch one), and that's not allowed. xP

Second, I don't believe people should be allowed to love whoever they want when things like incest and pseudo-incest are simply wrong and unhealthy in my opinion. I'm not against any other kind of romance though. But again, we'll just have to disagree here.

I view Elincia's relationship with Geoffrey as very platonic and one-sided (on Geoffrey's part) myself. So what? Again we just disagree and should just leave it at that. I believe Ike eventually married and raised a family with some woman though, whether it's Elincia or not, since Priam exists.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Firstly, you double posted (and it wasn't a glitch one), and that's not allowed. xP

Second, I don't believe people should be allowed to love whoever they want when things like incest and pseudo-incest are simply wrong and unhealthy in my opinion. I'm not against any other kind of romance though. But again, we'll just have to disagree here.

I view Elincia's relationship with Geoffrey as very platonic and one-sided (on Geoffrey's part) myself. So what? Again we just disagree and should just leave it at that. I believe Ike eventually married and raised a family with some woman though, whether it's Elincia or not, since Priam exists.

The thing about Priam is that for him he calls himself a descent of Ike which doesn't have to exactly mean he's Ike's great and so forth grandson. He could just as much be Ike's great and so forth nephew through Mist which some people don't take into account.

2 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

The thing about Priam is that for him he calls himself a descent of Ike which doesn't have to exactly mean he's Ike's great and so forth grandson. He could just as much be Ike's great and so forth nephew through Mist which some people don't take into account.

I'm aware. But I personally believe he is Ike's direct descendant. I think it would be silly for him to reference Ike so heavily and not actually be Ike's direct descendant. It would feel rather trollish. Also, making Priam from Mist's line would make her pairing with Boyd 100% canon while the other RD paired endings don't have a 100% guarantee since they're optional, and Mist's solo ending has her remaining single. That would also be rather strange and kind of unfair.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm aware. But I personally believe he is Ike's direct descendant. I think it would be silly for him to reference Ike so heavily and not actually be Ike's direct descendant. It would feel rather trollish.

I agree with you on that. It's ultimately up in the air like a 50-50 split if he comes from Ike or Mist's children if one or both of them have any.

1 minute ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

I agree with you on that. It's ultimately up in the air like a 50-50 split if he comes from Ike or Mist's children if one or both of them have any.

Of course. I actually believe IS purposely left it up to the fans to use their imaginations.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I did? WTF, you cant delete them so do the mods remove it or something? 

Yeah, better to agree to disagree. I didn't intend for this conversation to go the way it did. I admittedly get rather unintentional toxic sometimes when trying to express my opinions so I apologize if I came off like that in anyway.

Just now, Elincia said:

I did? WTF, you cant delete them so do the mods remove it or something? 

Yeah, better to agree to disagree. I didn't intend for this conversation to go the way it did. I admittedly get rather unintentional toxic sometimes when trying to express my opinions so I apologize if I came off like that in anyway.

No, don't worry, I might unintentionally come off as a bit hostile myself sometimes, particularly if I feel someone is doing or might start doing the same with me for my opinions. Not that I thought you were doing that, I'm just saying. It's fine. :P

A mod can merge the posts for you, don't worry.

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What was the term for this again? Begins with a W, I think.

A little late, but I remember now! Westermarck effect is what I was thinking of here, I believe. But carry on folks, I just wanted to clarify. :P

Okay, this gonna be a long list *cracks knuckles*.

Ike: I like him more so in PoR than RD, but overall, he is a really good character who really breaks the mold in terms of main FE characters. Also his design is A+ in PoR.

Elincia: Again another really good character. I love her development between PoR and RD and how she becomes a truly great queen.

Micaiah: Miccy is so underappreciated IMO. She really got the short end of the stick in RD and I really wish she got more screen time, especially considering she is the main lord. Her design (Especially as a Light Mage) is gorgeous, I just really love silver hair.

Just the Greil Mercs in general: I just really like all the Greil Mercs. They all have great personalities and designs and are just really goo units.

Beginning Dawn Brigade: I love the beginning guys in the Dawn Brigade and it saddens me the lack of development the 3 guys get. Thankfully Sothe has decent characterisation from PoR. I always try to use these guys when I can.

Aran: This guy is literally me, same name and everything (Well except the spelling of it). He also always turns out good for, even better then Neph.

Ilyana: I just love this little machine. She is my second favourite mage in Tellius. She always turns out amazing. Her design is gorgeous and her relationship with Zihark is really nice. I ship them hard.

Zihark: My favourite Myrmidon is Tellius. He is amazing and I love his interactions with Ilyana and any Laguz he talks with. He is just a nice guy. It's a goddamn crime him and Ilyana don't get an ending.

Bastian: My fvaourite mage in Tellius. He is hilarious, his design is magnific. I really hope Tellius gets a remake with full voice acting, because I can just imagine the way this guy speaks. I always use this guy on my team.

Leanne: My favourite Heron. Her design is gorgeous and I find her to be a somewhat comical character. I love her personality and I like her relationship with Elincia. That scene where Elincia breaks down and Leanne comforts her is my favourite in RD. Also her and Naesala, OMG yes.

Literally all the Laguz Royals: I love them all. They are all designed immactulately and are all hella good in battle. All the sprinkles of personality they all get is good too.

Ranulf: I love this dude. I think he is just overall cool And I ship him religiously with Ike.

Volug: Same with Ranulf, I just find him to be a pretty cool guy that I really like.

Muariam and Tormod: I really like these two and how their relationship works. What really makes me like them is how their endings change if one dies. It really gets me.

Volke: My favourite thief/assassin character in all of FE. I love his design and his backstory is really good too.

Stefan: He s just really cool. That's all.

Sanaki: She's just really cute and I like her.

Sigrun: My favourite peg knight in Tellius. I love her devotion to Sanaki and I always have a thing when you can recruit Falcon Knights that wear white, I don't know why.

And that's about it.

I have to list favorites by type because there's so many I love but before i do

11 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

About Rolf...

Reveal hidden contents

this. So much. Rolf may not be my favorite character. His demeanor is too bland and unrealistic for a kid, and w/o going through his support conversations he'd be entirely unmemorable. But he's written with a level of thoughtfulness many child characters in FE aren't, and his support/info convos are so unexpectedly philosophical and genuinely interesting that I can't help but appreciate his existence.

Come to think of it, this is pretty accurate to the entire cast of the Tellius series - not my favorite character, but i appreciate certain support/info convos that show how much thought went into developing said characters. Like Jill. I love that the narrative bothers to continually revisit her arc and show her progression of mentality, that in itself is moving to say nothing of her actual story. But I still wouldn't say she's one of my favorite characters.

On the other hand Nephenee was always one of my faves growing up, primarily because I really liked how she looked (I was a deep kid). But her character offers nothing too special (still very likeable of course, tho I'm not a fan of how exaggerated the 'country bumpkin' aspect had to be in RD iirc).

At any rate, lists. Ike, Ilyana, Tibarn, Sanaki, Janaff, Soren, Titania, Tormod and Haar are all up there for me. Nephenee, Sothe, Titania, Volke, Ulki and Ena all have some of my favorite designs.

Points to Fiona for "could've been my fave and had a ton of potential if she didn't disappear immediately after she stopped being relevant"

tbh it'd be easier to pick characters i don't like. i love everyone in tellius too much ;-;

2 hours ago, Jave said:

Favorites:

- Micaiah

- Mia

- Sanaki

- Laura

- Geoffrey

- Lucia

- Sothe

- Gatrie

- Tauroneo

I like the majority of the Tellius cast in general. FE10 Ike and the Black Knight are pretty much the only ones I cannot stand (FE10 Ike specifically being the worst Lord and almost worst character in the series).

Good taste.

And I kinda agree with you on FE10 Ike, I dont think he's the worst lord though. (Corrin is way worse) Though I am rather curious as to why you dont like the Black Knight.

Since I absolutely <3 the Tellius series, I have quite a bit of favorites. xP

• Ikefordamusclessssss I've stated in tons of other threads why I like Ike, soooooooo I won't elaborate.  Moving on.
  • Elincia: She is soooo adorable and such a great character in my opinion.  While she is that naive princess, she grows and learns from it throughout the two games.  It's really refreshing to see a Queen, or ruler, struggling to keep her country at peace and also dealing with the inner political turmoils as well.  She does deserve some more story time in all honesty, but what we got made me absolutely love her.
  • Micaiah: I know people aren't too big of fans of her, but I generally do really like her.  It's nice seeing her as someone who doesn't like Ike for a large majority of the game.  I know that sounds weird with how much I like Ike, but Micaiah reminds me of myself because there are often people in real life that I don't understand why people like them so much.  Although I do know why people like Ike, as I am one of those people.  Regardless of some of her forced moments and mary sue moments, I do really enjoy her and have grown to really like her as the years have gone on.
  • Pelleas: Same with Micaiah, I know not many like him nor do many people even use the guy.  However, I really like Pelleas and his story is pretty tragic which makes him a more appealing character for me.  He tries to do the right thing as well and his relationship with Micaiah, which I prefer way more than Micaiah and Sothe, seems natural and really nice.  As a unit, he's been really good and is a character that caps a lot of stats for me throughout any playthrough I've had so far.
  • Nephenee: A lot of people love Nephenee.  She is pretty one-noted with the whole ashamed of being from the country thing, but I like her because of it.  You don't often see characters from the country trying to hide it and I think Nephenee was done really well.  And she's a monster of a unit.
  • Aran: This poor guy has so little in terms of story, but I love this guy.  Other than Micaiah, I will always choose to use Aran as he has only been the other Dawn Brigade member to consistently be useful and a powerhouse.  There have been times where I would choose him over Nephenee as my Sentinel.  Now if only we could get more backstory on this guy..
  • Mordecai: This gentle giant of a tiger is awesome.  I find him really cool because he's such a passive character.  His support with Mist is really cute and I honestly just really like this guy because of his gentle nature.  But if you piss him off, he'll shred you to pieces. =]
  • Ulki: People prefer Tibarn, but I love Ulki.  He's a silent character, but he's curious about other people and actually tries to help and befriend people.  His support with Boyd is one of my favorites of the Tellius series.  Even as a unit he's been pretty solid.  He's gone into endgame with me pretty often too.
  • Leanne: My heron of choice, Leanne just has this mystical air around her.  I wish I knew what she was saying all the time, regardless I like her a lot.  Also that moment with her and Elincia was so touching.  Leanne also has the RNG Gods in her hands because I swear she has dodged the most lethal of attacks at impossible odds way more times than she should have.
  • Gatrie: I'm usually not a person who enjoys the womanizer trope of any character, but for some reason Gatrie made it work for me.  Maybe it's because he doesn't get a lot of success, but he keeps trying.  I don't know, but he's always been a huge favorite of mine.  He's a tank and has absolutely wrecked shit for me more times than I can count thanks to Luna. alsowhyyounoAsupportAstrid...
  • Lucia: She's elegant, she's gorgeous, she's magnificent.  I really love Lucia.  I didn't use her much in Path of Radiance because at the point you get her, you'd have Zihark, Mia, or Stefan at a pretty good fighting level.  However, I really loved her in Radiant Dawn because of the more story involvement we got for her.  Also she's a badass in that one chapter where she's the main character.
  • Kieran: This super loyal guy of a knight has consistently been amazing for me in every playthrough and he's my cavalier/paladin/gold knight of choice.  I also love the one-sided rivalry he has with Oscar because I just find it hilarious.
  • Haar: Do I really have to elaborate as to why I like this guy?  Lax and lazy personaly, yet badass on the battlefield.  Yeah, this guy is awesome.
  • Nailah: Queen of the Wolves is my favorite Laguz royal.  She's so badass and I just love her.  She's not as established as the other Laguz royals, but I do genuinely like what we got of her in Radiant Dawn.
  • Sigrun: She's beautiful.  End of story.
  • Rolf: Another unpopular choice, but honestly I like Rolf a lot because he's a growing character.  Yeah he's a kid, and children in most games tend to be annoying.  But I feel like Rolf is strangely philosophical and he is definitely more mature than Boyd in a lot of circumstances.  Plus, he's never really failed be as an archer soooooooo there's that.
  • Boyd: Lastly on my list is Boyd.  While in recent playthroughs he's been a super glass cannon, he's been good.  His personality is pretty one-noted, but I think what really helps me with him are is his supports in Path of Radiance with several characters.  I do have to say I like Mist and Boyd together, even if it's minimal I enjoy the small added segments of Boyd in the story when it revolves around Mist for a bit.