Favorite characters in the Tellius games.

Elincia

I like all the Tellius characters well enough despite playing RD first and watching PoR LP's later. But it still stands that Zelgius is my favorite character in Tellius and the series as a whole. Does this make @Anacybele and I rivals? :P: The red armor, the perfectly accomodating gold cape, his badassery, his chivalry, the whole 9 yards. Why, I'd look up to him the same way Levail does. He gets more screentime in RD, and his memory scene with Sephiran helps flesh out his character. I liked this guy the moment he appeared on screen, and especially in "The Crossing" cutscene. He just b****slashes a tiger pounching right at him like they were nothing, just... damn son! And we come to learn that he is the true identity of the Black Knight. It fits perfectly. And without him, Ike would never have had the driving incentive he needed to get stronger and become the hero Tellius needed.

I hope Zelgius has a Cipher card on the way. And maybe a GHB in Heroes someday.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I like all the Tellius characters well enough despite playing RD first and watching PoR LP's later. But it still stands that Zelgius is my favorite character in Tellius and the series as a whole. Does this make @Anacybele and I rivals? :P: The red armor, the perfectly accomodating gold cape, his badassery, his chivalry, the whole 9 yards. Why, I'd look up to him the same way Levail does. He gets more screentime in RD, and his memory scene with Sephiran helps flesh out his character. I liked this guy the moment he appeared on screen, and especially in "The Crossing" cutscene. He just b****slashes a tiger pounching right at him like they were nothing, just... damn son! And we come to learn that he is the true identity of the Black Knight. It fits perfectly. And without him, Ike would never have had the driving incentive he needed to get stronger and become the hero Tellius needed.

I hope Zelgius has a Cipher card on the way. And maybe a GHB in Heroes someday.

lol, nah. XD I like Zelgius/Black Knight too!

I'll admit, I have yet to play these games myself, so what I know is from others feedback and what I've watched on youtube.

So I like Ike of course *but who doesn't?*, I like Mia as well, though I hear a lot she's not that good. Nephenee is another favorite of mine, in terms of gameplay and character. Beyond those quick shout outs to Elincia, Astrid, Shinon, Gatrie, Titania, Soren, and I guess Micaiah, though I haven't gotten to experience her character as much as the others.

In no particular order: Vika, Titania, Volke, Gatrie, Edward, Soren, Elincia, Leanne, Jill, Haar, Mia, Sephiran, Sanaki, Nephenee, Calill, Kieran, Geoffrey, Ike, Pelleas, Muarim, Nolan, Shinon, Mist, Kurthnaga, The Black Knight, Janaff, Tauroneo, Fiona, Laura, Tibarn, Caineghis, Skrmir, Nasir, Heather, Nailah and Makalov.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Soren is #1! Partly because 9/10 the grumpy mage becomes one of if not my absolute favorite characters. I've seen a lot of people who don't like Soren cite his unapologetic assholeness as why they don't like him, but that is honestly one of the things I love about him. He's a jerk and it makes sense why, and best of all he gets some pretty good development. 

I am also in club "I like Ike". In part because I relate to his blunt oblivious personality, and I love his interactions with the rest of the cast.

Other favorites include Jill, Haar, Lithe, Ranulf, Janaff, Volug, Nailah, Ena, and Rayson. I'm sure there are more but this is all I can think of at the moment.

Honorable mention goes to Bastian who would be on the favorites list perminantly if I had actually used him in my PoR play through. Gotta love a character that reminds me of my favorite English teacher. 

I haven't played much of RD yet so I'm sure more characters will make their way onto my favorites list once I get more spending money and win the ebay battle. 

Edited by DarkLordIvy

I like Soren a good deal. He's probably one of the deeper Fire emblem characters and he managed to be likable despite what a jerk he is. A lot of characters like that fail so its praiseworthy when it goes well. 

Tauroneo and his Rolf support have already been mentioned. It really helps to make him the deepest and most sympathetic of the Lorenz archtype. He's also fairly prominent and a good guy. I'd like to see his past and relation with Greil get expanded on some more.

With her supports, character growth and relation with other characters Jill is one of the more interesting and better developed characters in the series. 

Tormod is a great character too. He's a bratty shota who manages to make such behavior endearing rather then annoying. His relation with Muarim is interesting and his ultimate goal makes it clear what a good kid Tormod is. Likewise Muarim joins in on that praise. His relation with Tormod is really sweet, especially with the hint Tormod's dad may have been his abusive owner. 

For the Laguz its Neasella and Nasir for being some of the more deeper characters. Neasella is also the most sympathetic of his archtype.  

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

For the Laguz its Neasella and Nasir for being some of the more deeper characters. Neasella is also the most sympathetic of his archtype.  

That's a bit interesting to me, since I don't really find Naesala all that sympathetic. Yes, there's the angle that he had no choice in a lot of his actions, but I also think that most of what he did, namely all his acts of piracy was of his own accord. I always thought him to be a slimeball, and even knowing what I did in Radiant Dawn, I still couldn't feel sorry for him.

I've got a handful of peeps that I like, probably not in any particular order.

Geoffrey - His dynamics with both his own sister and Elincia shed a lot of light about his moral values and his dedication to duty. He really could have done with a bigger support pool, but I really like how being caught in his own duty gets some rather humorous remarks from his allies. I don't normally care too much about pairings but I've got a soft spot for him and Elincia.

Makalov - He's a drunkard gambler who gets into trouble for his debts. That's a nice step up from say Joshua in FE8 who seemed to get away with everything. There are too many morally upstanding characters in FE, it's nice to know that they sometimes recruit someone who's not exactly a paragon of virtue!

Shinon - Again, not the nicest character in the cast, but it's cool to see someone actually oppose Ike and not consider him the greatest thing since sliced bread. He's racist and pretty self-centred, I like characters with flaws because it gives them a whole different approach to interacting with their allies. Bonus points for being a fellow SHIN.

3 hours ago, Shin said:

I've got a handful of peeps that I like, probably not in any particular order.

Geoffrey - His dynamics with both his own sister and Elincia shed a lot of light about his moral values and his dedication to duty. He really could have done with a bigger support pool, but I really like how being caught in his own duty gets some rather humorous remarks from his allies. I don't normally care too much about pairings but I've got a soft spot for him and Elincia.

Makalov - He's a drunkard gambler who gets into trouble for his debts. That's a nice step up from say Joshua in FE8 who seemed to get away with everything. There are too many morally upstanding characters in FE, it's nice to know that they sometimes recruit someone who's not exactly a paragon of virtue!

Shinon - Again, not the nicest character in the cast, but it's cool to see someone actually oppose Ike and not consider him the greatest thing since sliced bread. He's racist and pretty self-centred, I like characters with flaws because it gives them a whole different approach to interacting with their allies. Bonus points for being a fellow SHIN.

You sir have damn good taste.

I love Geoffrey to death, he's so uptight and rather dorky at times that I just cant help but love him. It makes him kinda stand out among other knightly characters in the series. The conversions he has with some of his men can be rather humorous. The most notable ones for me were the base convos in 2-3, (man I wish the Royal Knights got more screen time). Totally adore his relationship with Elincia as well. I love that they grew up together, it makes them feel so at ease and comfortable around each other, and the whole power dynamic between the two, her being queen and him being just a knight and all, really just makes their relationship so damn interesting, and so damn satisfying when they're actually able to be together in the end. I'm not one to ship a lot either, but I just cant help but love them. OTP for life right there.

Totally agree with you on both Makalov and Shinon. It's nice to have characters for once that aren't just a bunch a goody two shoes, and actually have flaws. Makes them far more human and interesting to me.

There aren't enough Ike x Elincia fans... But I guess that's to be expected when some of their hints only existed in English and when they didn't get an ending for some reason (even if it was to be platonic, they really should've had something and I can't stand Geoffrey and Elincia). At least my archive for them in ff.net is one of the largest FE archives on the site. But this isn't a shipping thread, so enough about that.

I like Shinon too, he's hilarious. lol Favorite archer for sure. He also has the best line in the series, imo. "Gatrie, I swear you'd hit on a tree if I dressed it in a skirt! Tell me I'm wrong!"

LOL

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Shin said:

Makalov's lack of moral upstandingness is indeed a fair and welcomed contrast to what we normally get in FE. And unlike Beruka and Peri, Makalov is a pretty petty criminal- a gambler and drunk- not a former assassin/psychopath- serious criminals. You'd expect to find far more Makalovs than Berukas and Peris in a standard army.

Also, his C support in PoR with Astrid is a bit better and more telling of his character if Marcia is dead. And Marcia being dead makes his A Astrid funnier in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

There aren't enough Ike x Elincia fans... But I guess that's to be expected when some of their hints only existed in English and when they didn't get an ending for some reason (even if it was to be platonic, they really should've had something). At least my archive for them in ff.net is one of the largest FE archives on the site. But this isn't a shipping thread, so enough about that.

As much as I don't like that ship, I do think it was rather dumb of them to add extra hints of it in the English version of PoR, then literally do nothing with it in the sequel. They could have at least come out and said it was platonic or something then they wouldn't have pissed so many people off. And honestly I'm pretty cool with the idea of a strong platonic version between the two.

Edited by Elincia

14 minutes ago, Elincia said:

As much as I don't like that ship, I do think it was rather dump of them to add extra hints of it in the English version of PoR, then literally do nothing with it in the sequel. They could have at least come out and said it was platonic or something then they wouldn't have pissed so many people off. And honestly I'm pretty cool with the idea of a strong platonic version between the two.

IS probably didn't know NoA threw the hints in and I'm not sure NoA would've been able to add the ending themselves. So a big lack of communication here. But yeah, it kind of stung for people like me who enjoyed the relationship between the two. I know you aren't a fan of them, but I personally felt Ike and Elincia had the best chemistry, and when you think about it, they relate to each other a lot and this usually makes for a good and healthy relationship in the long run. Both had to watch their parents suddenly die right before their eyes, and both had to put a country's fate on their shoulders. They witnessed terrible war together, traveled Tellius together, and even returned home together in RD after some major business was taken care of. And because Elincia lived secluded in her villa before having to escape and then meet Ike, she can say Ike practically showed her a whole new world and more things about herself and life. I know I'd probably fall for a man who did all that for me and was as kind to me as Ike is. They could've realistically had a great relationship and marriage. I'm also a sucker for commoner x royal pairings, though, particularly commoner guy x princess (but I love commoner girl x prince too since The Princess and the Frog is my favorite Disney princess movie).

Also, Elincia's death quotes in RD get me every time. "Ike, please take care of Crimea..." "My noble Ike, all your plans..." Geoffrey is present for the former and can be present for the latter too. In fact, between both games, Ike is the person Elincia mentions the most in death quotes.

But then absolutely nothing in the end. Even without NoA's shenanigans, IS really killed their relationship in RD. And it's the only thing I hate in the game, honestly.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

IS probably didn't know NoA threw the hints in and I'm not sure NoA would've been able to add the ending themselves. So a big lack of communication here. But yeah, it kind of stung for people like me who enjoyed the relationship between the two. I know you aren't a fan of them, but I personally felt Ike and Elincia had the best chemistry, and when you think about it, they relate to each other a lot and this usually makes for a good and healthy relationship in the long run. Both had to watch their parents suddenly die right before their eyes, and both had to put a country's fate on their shoulders. They witnessed terrible war together, traveled Tellius together, and even returned home together in RD after some major business was taken care of. And because Elincia lived secluded in her villa before having to escape and then meet Ike, she can say Ike practically showed her a whole new world and more things about herself and life. I know I'd probably fall for a man who did all that for me and was as kind to me as Ike is. They could've realistically had a great relationship and marriage. I'm also a sucker for commoner x royal pairings, though, particularly commoner guy x princess (but I love commoner girl x prince too since The Princess and the Frog is my favorite Disney princess movie).

Also, Elincia's death quotes in RD get me every time. "Ike, please take care of Crimea..." "My noble Ike, all your plans..." Geoffrey is present for the former and can be present for the latter too. In fact, between both games, Ike is the person Elincia mentions the most in death quotes.

But then absolutely nothing in the end. Even without NoA's shenanigans, IS really killed their relationship in RD. And it's the only thing I hate in the game, honestly.

I agree they had some rather sweet moments in PoR, but not enough for me personally to ever want ship them, as it came off as rather one-sided to me. My main problem with it is that I just cant see it realistically working out without at least one of them being out of character. I also strongly believe Elincia to be a far stronger character without him. She feels rather held back by him in PoR and her not needing to rely on him anymore in RD makes her a much better character in my eyes. 

Anyway, better to stop there and just respectfully disagree. No point in getting into a shipping war over this.

I will say I rather appreciate being able to communicate with a fan of this ship that's rather respectfully of other opinions. I've had way too many interaction with some rather toxic members of that fanbase. I'm sure they're just a vocal minority, but still. And to be far, just about every fanbase has its' far share of obnoxious fans, so yeah haha. 

6 minutes ago, Elincia said:

I agree they had some rather sweet moments in PoR, but not enough for me personally to ever want ship them, as it came off as rather one-sided to me. My main problem with it is that I just cant see it realistically working out without at least one of them being out of character. I also strongly believe Elincia to be a far stronger character without him. She feels rather held back by him in PoR and her not needing to rely on him anymore in RD makes her a much better character in my eyes.

...So you're saying him being her husband would make her weaker? No way. I don't believe that for a second. Ike wouldn't be there to baby her and have her rely on him, he'd be there to love and care about her. And even then, having someone help you sometimes doesn't make you weaker. And if anything, Ike would hardly be involved with Elincia ruling the country. That's not his thing. :P He'd probably train some soldiers and command the army with Geoffrey. Besides, why don't Lucia and Geoffrey "hold Elincia back" then? She definitely relies on them.

I've already explained my problems with Geoffrey x Elincia (they're the ones that feel one-sided to me, as I've said), and yeah, as I said, this isn't a shipping thread and shipping wars are NEVER a good idea.

I'm glad you think I'm not toxic or anything though. I may strongly dislike Geoffrey and Elincia as a couple, and wish to find more people who share that opinion, but I won't insult anyone who does like them. I just don't like those who bash people for liking a pairing or bash one pairing to make another look better.

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...So you're saying him being her husband would make her weaker? No way. I don't believe that for a second. Ike wouldn't be there to baby her, he'd be there to love and care about her. And even then, having someone help you sometimes doesn't make you weaker.

I've already explained my problems with Geoffrey x Elincia (they're the ones that feel one-sided to me, as I've said), and yeah, as I said, this isn't a shipping thread and shipping wars are NEVER a good idea.

I'm glad you think I'm not toxic or anything though. I may strongly dislike Geoffrey and Elincia as a couple, and wish to find more people who share that opinion, but I won't insult anyone who does like them. I just don't like those who bash people for liking a pairing or bash one pairing to make another look better.

It's clear that we just have completely different interpretations of both of them. Better to just stop there, as we're clearly not going to agree anyway, unless your just that curious to know my thoughts in detail. 

I see your problems with her and Geoffrey as being valid, but only because we truly don't know how closely raised the two of them were. I get that the Westermarck effect is a thing and all, but it's only comes into affect if they had been raised in the same household together during the first 5 or so years of life. They could have been in separate households for all we know. Elincia does say she was raised in a small villa in the Crimea, but as far as I'm aware, if never officially stated that Lucia and Geoffrey were raised there with her, they could have been raised in Castle Delbray and just regularly visited her. We just don't know, they don't give us enough information (and I really do wish that they did). I just rather enjoy her and Geoffrey's dynamic, and them growing up together doesn't bother me, I honestly kind of like that, only because it makes the two of them already rather close to each other from the get go. I do have to rely on a few number of headcanons for them, since they never give us enough info on how they grew up together, but regardless, I still love the ship.

Anyway, nothing I say is going to make you like Geoffrey x Elincia, and nothing you say will make me like Ike x Elincia. Better to just respect each others ships and move on. And yeah, I cant stand people who feel the need to bash each others ships. People are allowed to like whatever they want, bashing them is completely unnecessary.

Edited by Elincia

2 minutes ago, Elincia said:

It's clear that we just have completely different interpretation of both of them. Better to just stop there, as we're clearly not going to agree anyway, unless your just that curious to know my thoughts in detail. 

I see your problems with her and Geoffrey as being valid, but only because we truly don't know how closely raised the two of them were. I get that the Westermarck effect is a thing and all, but it's only comes into affect if they had been raised in the same household together during the first 5 or so years of life. They could have been in separate households for all we know. Elincia does say she was raised in a small villa in the Crimea, but as far as I'm aware, if never officially stated that Lucia and Geoffrey were raised there with her, they could have been raised in Castle Delbray and just regularly visited her. We just don't know, they don't give us enough information (and I really do wish that they did). I just rather enjoy her and Geoffrey's dynamic, and them growing up together doesn't bother me, I honestly kind of like that, only because it makes the two of them already rather close to each other from the get go. I do have to rely on a few number of headcanons for them, since they never give us enough info on how they grew up together, but regardless, I still love the ship.

Anyway, nothing I say is going to make you like Geoffrey x Elincia, and nothing you say will make me like Ike x Elincia. Better to just respect each others ships and move on. 

It is confirmed that all three were raised as siblings though. Lucia and Elincia call each other sisters, for one thing, and the PoR art book confirms in Geoffrey's profile that he and Elincia were "siblings" in the same way. The game doesn't say so, but the art book is official material from IS as well.

Growing up together doesn't bother me, no way. I'm a sucker for childhood friend pairings, generally. But when the two characters growing up together were also raised as siblings, that's when it gets weird for me.

And I still love Ike x Elincia. But yeah, I don't like this conversation anyway. It's not you at all, you're actually one of the more civil and respectful Geoffrey x Elincia fans I've met. But I'm reminded of what never was with Ike and Elincia and it kind of hurts. Like I was rejected for someone else myself, almost.

So yes, let's move on. Like I said awhile ago, at least we both love Elincia as a character!

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Makalov's lack of moral upstandingness is indeed a fair and welcomed contrast to what we normally get in FE. And unlike Beruka and Peri, Makalov is a pretty petty criminal- a gambler and drunk- not a former assassin/psychopath- serious criminals. You'd expect to find far more Makalovs than Berukas and Peris in a standard army.

I don't recall there being anything about Beruka that suggests that she'd be a bad fit for the army.  FE games have had actual assassins joining, anyways, so former assassin is actually a step up from that.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is confirmed that all three were raised as siblings though. Lucia and Elincia call each other sisters, for one thing, and the PoR art book confirms in Geoffrey's profile that he and Elincia were "siblings" in the same way. The game doesn't say so, but the art book is official material from IS as well.

Growing up together doesn't bother me, no way. I'm a sucker for childhood friend pairings, generally. But when the two characters growing up together were also raised as siblings, that's when it gets weird for me.

And I still love Ike x Elincia. But yeah, I don't like this conversation anyway. It's not you at all, you're actually one of the more civil and respectful Geoffrey x Elincia fans I've met. But I'm reminded of what never was with Ike and Elincia and it kind of hurts. Like I was rejected for someone else myself, almost.

So yes, let's move on. Like I said awhile ago, at least we both love Elincia as a character!

I know incest is a lot more accepting in Japanese culture, so them wanting to refer to the 3 of them as 'siblings' is probably not seen as weird over there. I feel like if it was ever officially translated in English they might not be as explicit about it, but who knows really.

I'm glad you think I'm civil. I certainly didn't think I was a few years ago, lol. I rather got into way too many arguments with people on the subject and have just come to accept people just have different view points and interpretations of things, but anyway thank you. Glad we were able to end this respectfully. 

And yes, Elincia <3 I need her in heroes NOW. I'm like dying from impatience! 

Edited by Elincia

5 minutes ago, Elincia said:

I know incest is a lot more accepting in Japanese culture, so them wanting to refer to the 3 as 'siblings' is probably not seen as weird over there. I feel like if it was ever officially translated in English they might not be as explicit about, but you knows really.

I'm glad you think I'm civil. I certainly didn't think I was a few years ago, lol. I rather got into way too many arguments with people on the subject and have just come to accept people just have different view points and interpretations of things, but anyway thank you. Glad we were able to end this respectfully. 

And yes, Elincia <3 I need her in heroes NOW. I'm like dying from impatience! 

Yeah, us Americans seem to look down on it a lot more.

I feel you, I was practically the same way. I even had an unreasonable hate for Geoffrey, though it wasn't simply because he could marry Elincia. I've long gotten past that and seen my mistake here. I'm glad we could end this respectfully too.

I know, so am I! She's all I need to complete my first OTP team since I have Frederick, female Robin, and Ike, all at 5 star too (and all but female Robin are at lv. 40 and have complete skill sets). I also really want her for a flier team.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, us Americans seem to look down on it a lot more.

I feel you, I was practically the same way. I even had an unreasonable hate for Geoffrey, though it wasn't simply because he could marry Elincia. I've long gotten past that and seen my mistake here. I'm glad we could end this respectfully too.

I know, so am I! She's all I need to complete my first OTP team since I have Frederick, female Robin, and Ike, all at 5 star too (and all but female Robin are at lv. 40 and have complete skill sets). I also really want her for a flier team.

I've been hoarding orbs for her for months, I'm around 400 something now. Haven't done so well in the Tempest Trails due to not having many 5*s from lack of summoning. I'm determined to save up as much as possible for her, so I'll have her on my team and Geofftey too, cause OTP 

God, I feel like I'll be waiting months for her though. Why you do this to me IS!

16 minutes ago, Elincia said:

I've been hoarding orbs for her for months, I'm around 400 something now. Haven't done so well in the Tempest Trails due to not having many 5*s from lack of summoning. I'm determined to save up as much as possible for her, so I'll have her on my team and Geofftey too, cause OTP 

God, I feel like I'll be waiting months for her though. Why you do this to me IS!

I hoarded orbs for months for Ike myself, now I'm hoarding for him again because CYL and Elincia. :P I have a little over 100. I didn't do well in the Tempest Trials because I'm just not that great at the game even though I have a nice number of 5 star units to pick from. Can't believe how many I have now after I went over a month without having any! My first 5 star was actually an upgrade because my luck in summoning was so shitty then. xP

Tormod, Marcia, Stefan, PoR!Ike, Pelleas, Sanaki, Reyson, Leanne, and RD!Elincia. While I've become more understanding of Micaiah's character over the years, I can't really say that she's a favorite. RD!Ike is just no, and PoR!Elincia is kind of generic.

Also, it's also been a couple of years but I no longer believe that Elincia and Geoffrey would see each other as siblings. If my memory is correct, the game said that Lucia and Elincia are milk sisters. But that kind of relationship wouldn't extend to Geoffrey -- as in, Lucia being Elincia's milk sister wouldn't make Geoffrey Elincia's anything. It's also entirely possible that they didn't interact that much during their childhood, with Geoffrey in training to be a knight and Elincia being hidden away from society.

That said, I actually don't like either Elincia/Geoffrey or Ike/Elincia. Elincia/Pelleas as a crackship, or let Elincia be a queen better known for what she accomplished than who she married.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hoarded orbs for months for Ike myself, now I'm hoarding for him again because CYL and Elincia. :P I have a little over 100. I didn't do well in the Tempest Trials because I'm just not that great at the game even though I have a nice number of 5 star units to pick from. Can't believe how many I have now after I went over a month without having any! My first 5 star was actually an upgrade because my luck in summoning was so shitty then. xP

I think I've spent somewhere between 100-200 orbs and have only pulled 1 5* ... so yeah my luck has been pretty shit too. I just gave up on summoning and start saving my orbs. I recently blew 50 on Celica's banner, and got nothing good in return, ugh. Yeah screw summoning till Elincia is released (unless a Judgral banner comes out before then, cause then I might be tempted again. Please don't release that before Best Queen IS)

If you want though, you can add me in Heroes. Here's my friend code: 8016064300. Leader is Xander, for now. It will eventually be Elincia.