Favorite characters in the Tellius games.

Elincia

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, it's also been a couple of years but I no longer believe that Elincia and Geoffrey would see each other as siblings. If my memory is correct, the game said that Lucia and Elincia are milk sisters. But that kind of relationship wouldn't extend to Geoffrey -- as in, Lucia being Elincia's milk sister wouldn't make Geoffrey Elincia's anything. It's also entirely possible that they didn't interact that much during their childhood, with Geoffrey in training to be a knight and Elincia being hidden away from society.

I actually kinda headcanon this for her and Geoffrey. I do believe they were still really close friends, but due to Geoffrey having to train for knighthood he wasn't raised as closely to Elincia as Lucia was. I feel this way, cause they have no bond support between them in PoR, but then gain one in RD, which is when I believe the romance between the 2 started.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Elincia said:

I think I've spent somewhere between 100-200 orbs and have only pulled 1 5* ... so yeah my luck has been pretty shit too. I just gave up on summoning and start saving my orbs. I recently blew 50 on Celica's banner, and got nothing good in return, ugh. Yeah screw summoning till Elincia is released (unless a Judgral banner comes out before then, cause then I might be tempted again. Please don't release that before Best Queen IS)

If you want though, you can add me in Heroes. Here's my friend code: 8016064300. Leader is Xander, for now. It will eventually be Elincia.

I actually spent like 250 trying to get Ike alone when his banner dropped. I had like 220 orbs saved at the time and Ike never showed up. I had to buy more to finally get him. I wasn't going without him!

And I've spent a few on other banners, but wound up with either nothing or a non-focus 5 star. But at least a few of those non-focus 5 stars were good ones (Klein and Reinhardt, for example. And OMG EPHRAIM. Second favorite lord came completely out of nowhere!). So yeah, I save more often than I actually summon as well.

Alrighty, thanks. :)

EDIT: Actually, it's implied that Geoffrey and Elincia did interact a good bit in their childhood. Geoffrey says in his support with Callil in PoR that Elincia and Lucia used to chase him around the villa all the time. That always struck me as brother/sister playfulness. And Geoffrey wouldn't be training to be a knight while he was still a child. That wouldn't happen until he was in his early teens, I believe.

But remembering Elincia for what she accomplished rather than who she married is definitely fair.

Edited by Anacybele

On 2017-6-18 at 4:02 AM, Elincia said:

Couldnt agree more. One of the biggest reasons why I love Elincia so much is because of how she's a complete divergence of that trope.

And her relationship with both Geoffrey and Lucia are fantastic. So what if they come off as somewhat incestuous, it's the meaningfulness of those relationships that count

So what if they come off as somewhat incestuous, it's the meaningfulness of those relationships that count

THANK YOU. FRICKING. THANK YOU. THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I WAS DRAWN TO LUCIA/ELINCIA. HOLY CRAP SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT IN THE RIGHT WAY I HAVE WANTED TO EXPRESS IT IN SO FRICKING LONG. THANK YOU.

If I'm going to like/love a ship, it's because of the chemistry between characters and the connection (as well as how healthy the two characters are for each other and what they give to each other). Unless it is direct incest (i.e. like in some cases in Judgral), I don't care. I love the Lucia/Elincia relationship as a whole thing; with a preference for the romantic interpretation/side of it admittedly, but overall I love them and their bond through and through.

Onto the main point of this thread here; aside those two, I also love Calill and Bastian. Calill is a first-class mage with a gentle heart beneath her snark; and Bastian is a magnificent, comedic bastard. Other favourites include Tanith, Sanaki, Naesala, Janaff, Caineghis and Renning (I'm drawn to underdog characters man)

…there’s so many good ones…

If I had to pick one and only one favorite? Naesela.

He fills the Magnificent Bastard archetype better then any character in the franchise, and is what every Magnificent Bastard should aspire to be.

On 6/23/2017 at 9:45 AM, Azzurohr said:

If I'm going to like/love a ship, it's because of the chemistry between characters and the connection (as well as how healthy the two characters are for each other and what they give to each other). Unless it is direct incest (i.e. like in some cases in Judgral), I don't care. I love the Lucia/Elincia relationship as a whole thing; with a preference for the romantic interpretation/side of it admittedly, but overall I love them and their bond through and through.

Basically this!

It bugs the hell out of me that some have to treat this as incest. Yeah they grew up together, so what? They're not blood related, so who is getting hurt by this? How is it unhealthy and wrong?

If the chemistry is good and the relationship is meaningful, then that is all that trully matters in the end. And this applies to both Elincia/Geoffrey and Elincia/Lucia. And call me bias, but they are the only 2 I can ever see Elincia with in anyway.

Edited by Elincia

On 6/23/2017 at 10:45 PM, Azzurohr said:

I'm so glad I clicked on this thread. This makes me super SUPER happy. It's frustrating when characters grow up together, and people are like, "They're practically brother and sister. It's gross." No. Actual incest is gross. Being raised together just means you'll be closer, and you'll have similar ideals. It's no different from childhood best friends (the kind that basically spend every waking moment together) falling in love. And people think that's adorable. Day made.

On topic, there are so many characters that I really like. It's too hard to pick just one or a couple. I can't really think of any characters I absolutely hate. If I had to pick a handful of characters, I'd probably pick Naesala, Rhys, Oscar, Titania, and Nailah. Naesala has some great character arcs. He's really complex with his alignment, and I love that he kind of stays in this gray area. I like Rhys for being strong despite being physically weak. He always pushes himself, and I love the sweet relationships he forms with others. Oscar is great for being brother of the year, and he's always an amazing unit. I  like to imagine him as the type that's terrifying when he's angry even though he's perpetually smiling/squinty. Titania and Nailah are both just beasts (one more literal than the other). I don't usually like female characters a lot, but these two are a type of strong I'd like to be. 

I could probably go on all day.

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm so glad I clicked on this thread. This makes me super SUPER happy. It's frustrating when characters grow up together, and people are like, "They're practically brother and sister. It's gross." No. Actual incest is gross. Being raised together just means you'll be closer, and you'll have similar ideals. It's no different from childhood best friends (the kind that basically spend every waking moment together) falling in love. And people think that's adorable. Day made.

This perfectly explains why I love Elincia/Geoffrey so much. They've been together for most of their lives, and are already very close to each other from the get go, and grew to care for each other as more than just 'siblings', and I find that to be a beautiful thing. Same goes for Lucia/Elincia (though I'm more on the platonic side for them)

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Nobody's saying that growing up together is the same as being brother and sister. My problem is that these characters ACTUALLY CALL one another their siblings even if they're not blood-related. This is the exact same issue people have with Corrin and his/her being able to romance any of the royal siblings in Fates. While I admit that it's done even worse in that scenario, it doesn't make stuff like Geoffrey/Elincia or Lucia/Elincia excusable to me. I'm sorry, but this is just how I feel.

I'm all for romances between childhood friend pairings. I'm a sucker for them! I ship Silas x female Corrin because of that for crying out loud! I also have a pairing like that planned for Zelda fanfiction. It's only if the two characters call each other their sibling that I'll have a problem with it.

My favorite kind of childhood friend pairing is the kind where they spent a lot of their childhood together, and then didn't see each other again for some time for whatever reason, and then when they meet up again as adults or maybe late teen years, they remember how close they were and fall in love.

And I agree with what Azzurohr said, I also typically like a romance when I feel the characters have great chemistry, are a good match for each other, and I feel would have a healthy relationship and marriage. Ike x Elincia was what fit all these categories for me. I loved their chemistry and how much they could relate to one another despite their differing backgrounds. They went through war together, watched their parents get killed right before their eyes, and even did a little training together. They stood on the deck of Nasir's ship together and had one or two other moments were they were alone together too (and of course, that PoR ending cutscene was the biggest one for me). Also, Elincia can cook as well as use a sword. Ike definitely should marry a woman who can cook well because of his big appetite and love of food (since he is not stated to be able to cook at all himself). And he'd definitely enjoy having a wife who can also fight and spar with him. He's that kind of dude. Elincia is the only one of his "choices" in PoR or RD that is confirmed to do both. I also feel like Elincia balances Ike out pretty well. Ike is blunt and maybe a bit cold, but Elincia is really kind and caring, and I can see her being a super loving mother to balance out Ike possibly being a bit of a rough and tough dad when/if they would have kids.

But that isn't to say that I don't see any conflicts happening between the two. No way. A healthy marriage is not a perfect one. A healthy marriage and relationship needs a little roughness here and there to make the bond and relationship grow stronger. No real relationship is without some disagreements, even arguments. I bet some couples come as close to divorce as possible without it actually happening! For Ike and Elincia, I actually have a short fic planned where they do come near divorce so their relationship has some imperfections.

All in all, an imperfect but close relationship = the perfect relationship.

Geoffrey and Elincia just didn't do any of this for me at all in addition to being pseudo-incestuous.

It's interesting to see multiple different points of view though! So this has been an interesting read. :)

Edited by Anacybele

I like everybody except Sanaki.

Favorites would be

Soren, Jill, Titania, Ike, Kieran, Oscar, Micaiah, Nolan, Nephenee, really, I like pretty much the whole cast

51 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nobody's saying that growing up together is the same as being brother and sister. My problem is that these characters ACTUALLY CALL one another their siblings even if they're not blood-related. This is the exact same issue people have with Corrin and his/her being able to romance any of the royal siblings in Fates. While I admit that it's done even worse in that scenario, it doesn't make stuff like Geoffrey/Elincia or Lucia/Elincia excusable to me. I'm sorry, but this is just how I feel.

The biggest difference between these two examples is that Geoffrey, Lucia, and Elincia know they're not blood-related, and Corrin grows up believing the Nohrian siblings are his actual siblings. ...and if he and a sibling from Hoshido decide to marry, they don't seem to care much about the potential incest until the S-support. There's a big difference between marrying someone you spent most of your life believing actually was your brother and marrying someone you're close to like a brother. My best friend and I called each other siblings when we were growing up. We practically lived at each other's houses. And if I could change things, I probably would have dated her, and I definitely wouldn't call that incest. Sometimes people use the bond between siblings to signify a degree of emotional closeness that you might not be able to get with a close friend. While I have absolutely no romantic interest in my siblings whatsoever, I know that if the unconditional love I have for my sister is anything I have for my beau, I'll be a happy camper. My sister and I have been close for all my life. A lot of my friends and potential love interests come and go. 

I could probably write up something elaborate about Elincia x Lucia/Geoffrey versus Elincia x Ike, but neither is a pairing I'm super fond of. Plus laziness.

You're right about interesting different view points. After thinking about Elincia x Lucia for a bit, I kind of like it a bit more. A fanfiction about the Crimean queen and her mistress would be a great read. I should probably add Lucia to my list of fave characters. I forgot how much I loved her tiny role in RD.

31 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

The biggest difference between these two examples is that Geoffrey, Lucia, and Elincia know they're not blood-related, and Corrin grows up believing the Nohrian siblings are his actual siblings. ...and if he and a sibling from Hoshido decide to marry, they don't seem to care much about the potential incest until the S-support. There's a big difference between marrying someone you spent most of your life believing actually was your brother and marrying someone you're close to like a brother. My best friend and I called each other siblings when we were growing up. We practically lived at each other's houses. And if I could change things, I probably would have dated her, and I definitely wouldn't call that incest. Sometimes people use the bond between siblings to signify a degree of emotional closeness that you might not be able to get with a close friend. While I have absolutely no romantic interest in my siblings whatsoever, I know that if the unconditional love I have for my sister is anything I have for my beau, I'll be a happy camper. My sister and I have been close for all my life. A lot of my friends and potential love interests come and go. 

I could probably write up something elaborate about Elincia x Lucia/Geoffrey versus Elincia x Ike, but neither is a pairing I'm super fond of. Plus laziness.

You're right about interesting different view points. After thinking about Elincia x Lucia for a bit, I kind of like it a bit more. A fanfiction about the Crimean queen and her mistress would be a great read. I should probably add Lucia to my list of fave characters. I forgot how much I loved her tiny role in RD.

I will admit, I do prefer Elincia x Lucia over Geoffrey x Elincia, at least since I feel they're a little closer and have more chemistry. But whether they know they're not blood-related or not, it still bugs me if they call each other their siblings (and I don't mean like a metaphor for friend as some people like to do when they say they're "bros" or "sistas" and whatnot, I mean they literally think of one another as their brother or sister) because of what I said earlier about being someone who grew up with stepsiblings herself. My brothers and I would've never thought of one another as romantic interests, because we called each other brother and sister all our lives and were raised that way and we knew we weren't blood related. I just happen to look at Corrin and his/her siblings and Elincia, Lucia, and Geoffrey the same way.

But yes, I'm glad I could share my view point without people getting super heated or rude. I just hope my viewpoint is understood to a degree, like I can understand Geoffrey/Lucia x Elincia people to a degree.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I will admit, I do prefer Elincia x Lucia over Geoffrey x Elincia, at least since I feel they're a little closer and have more chemistry. But whether they know they're not blood-related or not, it still bugs me if they call each other their siblings (and I don't mean like a metaphor for friend as some people like to do when they say they're "bros" or "sistas" and whatnot, I mean they literally think of one another as their brother or sister) because of what I said earlier about being someone who grew up with stepsiblings herself. My brothers and I would've never thought of one another as romantic interests, because we called each other brother and sister all our lives and were raised that way. I just happen to look at Corrin and his/her siblings and Elincia, Lucia, and Geoffrey the same way.

But yes, I'm glad I could share my view point without people getting super heated or rude. I just hope my viewpoint is understood to a degree, like I can understand Geoffrey/Lucia x Elincia people to a degree.

Yeah. I can understand your viewpoint, so that's not a problem. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that doesn't invalidate your opinion. It's literally impossible to provide actual facts about the mindset of Geoffrey, Lucia, and Elincia. Maybe they do see themselves as literal blood siblings. Maybe they don't. Unless they pop out of the game and tell us, we're not going to know because there isn't enough evidence in game to decide either way. 

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

Yeah. I can understand your viewpoint, so that's not a problem. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that doesn't invalidate your opinion. It's literally impossible to provide actual facts about the mindset of Geoffrey, Lucia, and Elincia. Maybe they do see themselves as literal blood siblings. Maybe they don't. Unless they pop out of the game and tell us, we're not going to know because there isn't enough evidence in game to decide either way. 

Yeah, that's true, although the PoR artbook said that they were foster siblings in some way. But I guess it's not really actually said that they THOUGHT of one another that way. So yeah, you're kinda right.

And glad you understand. Thanks. I just feel discouraged if it seems like the people I'm debating or arguing with think my opinion is "wrong" or invalid or whatever. Like I really do have the "wrong" opinion instead of the "right" one. And that kind of hurts. So I'm glad you're not acting like that.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that's true, although the PoR artbook said that they were foster siblings in some way. But I guess it's not really actually said that they THOUGHT of one another that way. So yeah, you're kinda right.

And glad you understand. Thanks. I just feel discouraged if it seems like the people I'm debating or arguing with think my opinion is "wrong" or invalid or whatever. Like I really do have the "wrong" opinion instead of the "right" one. And that kind of hurts. So I'm glad you're not acting like that.

Opinions about stuff in games are incredibly subjective. It would only be wrong if there was something to contradict it. You're free to think a fictional relationship is inappropriate because it literally won't hurt anyone. Just don't go around making people feel like their opinion is wrong or invalid, and you're all set. And don't disregard evidence that opposes your opinion. 

But yeah. That's off topic. 

Tellius has too many good characters to pick from, so it's easy to talk about any of them at length. I've recently grown incredibly fond of Edward and Leonardo. In game, they don't have much importance, but after reading the little bits and pieces of extra stuff about them (not used in the game for some odd reason), they could easily be some of the most compelling characters. 

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Opinions about stuff in games are incredibly subjective. It would only be wrong if there was something to contradict it. You're free to think a fictional relationship is inappropriate because it literally won't hurt anyone. Just don't go around making people feel like their opinion is wrong or invalid, and you're all set. And don't disregard evidence that opposes your opinion. 

But yeah. That's off topic. 

Tellius has too many good characters to pick from, so it's easy to talk about any of them at length. I've recently grown incredibly fond of Edward and Leonardo. In game, they don't have much importance, but after reading the little bits and pieces of extra stuff about them (not used in the game for some odd reason), they could easily be some of the most compelling characters. 

Oh, of course. I do agree with you. One of the things that made me hate talking about pairings was that people with opposing opinions would act like it was wrong for me to prefer something different. Which is just a big no. So yeah, I agree.

And yeah, I agree, Tellius has so many good characters! It's the best cast in the series, imo. And yeah, even the DB are a little more interesting to me with the extra bits about them that weren't brought up in the game (why, IS...).

Edited by Anacybele

So what is people's consensus on Reyson? I find him a fascinating character with a great subplot, and I really love the duality of him being rough because of the time spent at Phoenicis, yet he's still frail as all Herons.

32 minutes ago, Thane said:

So what is people's consensus on Reyson? I find him a fascinating character with a great subplot, and I really love the duality of him being rough because of the time spent at Phoenicis, yet he's still frail as all Herons.

Oh, I love Reyson! He's awesome because yeah, despite being frail like all herons, he's tough and all because he looks up to Tibarn. And he punched that creepy fatass Oliver! That was the best. lol

38 minutes ago, Thane said:

Quite possibly the best of the very feminine looking males that IS has ever conceived of. He has grace, calm, pacifism, and reason, but at the same time is bold, serious, capable of being quite angry and even sarcastic, and he is no overly gentle gentle idealist. 

Even if you want to called the Begnion arc of PoR (C14-17) filler, Reyson is wonderfully written through the whole arc, I love his Naesala interactions.

His C19 conversation with Naesala is a keeper (I dropped the bonus Knight Ring dialogue):

Spoiler

Naesala
Reyson!

Reyson

Naesala
Hey, Reyson! Look at you! You look sharp, kid!

Reyson
Go...away...

Naesala
Oh, so you can talk.

Reyson
You... How dare you show your face to me!

Naesala
Well, I have been called brazen before. Some have gone so far as to say shameless. Come on, at least let me give you a reason.

Reyson
Begone! My ears are closed to you.

Naesala
Reyson, we're friends, are we not?

Reyson
Oh, yes! Friends! In fact, we're such good friends that you sold me to that foul, bloated man!

Naesala
I didn't really sell you! Besides, I planned on rescuing you right away. You were just impatient and flew away on your own, so--

Reyson
Are you blaming me?

Naesala
No, no! Well, maybe... I mean...It was I who was in the wrong. On all accounts.

Reyson

Naesala
No one was hurt in the end. Come on, smooth those ruffled feathers. All right?

Reyson
Leanne is alive.

Naesala
Yes, Tibarn's attendant told me. That's wonderful news. When he sees her face, I'm sure King Lorazieh will begin to feel better at once. Things are really looking up, aren't they, Reyson?

Reyson
...I suppose that... If you hadn't deceived me and taken me to the forest... We might not have discovered her... So, I will forgive you. Just this once!

Naesala
Reyson! Oh, that's--

Reyson
WITH...conditions. Will you accept them?

Naesala
...What are they?

Reyson
Pull your troops from this battle. Now. And never again enter into combat against your fellow laguz.

Naesala
Oh, come now, Reyson. That's asking too much--

Reyson
What will you do, then? Will you continue to fight the Crimean army to which I'm in service?

Naesala
Very well. You win, Reyson. I'll leave and take my soldiers with me. However, I cannot say what the future will bring. I have the fate of my nation to consider after all.

Reyson
Hmm... Very well.

Naesala
So, we're friends again? Come to Kilvas for a visit, will you? Nealuchi will be so pleased.

Reyson
I'll do that. When this war is over, Leanne and I will both come.

Naesala
Oh, and as for Tibarn...

Reyson
I'll speak with him. There's no need for you to worry.

Naesala
Thank you. Farewell. And watch yourself! This is war, you know?

Even after Begnion, he remains prominent in the plot even if you turn down his recruitment via Leanne's capture, the Palmeni Temple visit and Lehran's Medallion.

The Herons as whole were fairly well executed, as was Reyson's motivations for hating Beorc and the reason behind his rugged behaviors.

RD just offers us more of the same, but that isn't problem with Reyson given how good he already is. His ending where it's said he became a politician seems quite appropriate- a world both crude and classy where rhetoric replaces physical strength (the one thing Reyson lacks). I'd vote for him for sure.

My favourite Female character in general, and quite possibly my favourite fire emblem character is Sanaki! I love her outfit, love her personality, Love a lot about her in general!