Different routes (NOT THE FATES WAY)

I would like a a Tear Ring Saga styled approach to the split routes myself 

On 7/2/2017 at 0:01 PM, N30 said:

I would like a a Tear Ring Saga styled approach to the split routes myself 

I'm not familiar with TRS, so could you explain?

12 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

I'm not familiar with TRS, so could you explain?

Alright, so basically you start the game off with our first lord, Runan. Eventually, after you finish Map 8, you get the option to split your army between 2 main parties - one lead by Runan and the other by the other lord, Holmes. You can distribute gold and items between the 2 parties as well.

Now, what does this do to our units? Short answer is a lot. The long answer takes a bit longer to explain...
The reason why people say that Tear Ring Saga is a guide heavy game on your first time through isn't due to the difficulty of this game (in fact, I'd say it's pretty easy for the most part) - it's the sheer amount of things you can do and get DUE to the route split that this game brings to the table. Certain events happen if x character is in Runan's Party or if x character is in Holmes's Party. For example. you get a Sword Fighter/Myrmidon by the name of Vega during the first part of the game with Runan before any route splits happen. Then, comes the route split after completing Map 8. 
You have a choice. You can either send Vega with Runan to help with his tougher maps and having him act as a boss killer, or you can send him with Holmes to have him get some juicy dialogue and further character and ultimately, a support with another unit that joins right from the get go in Holmes Route, and another character down the line that contributes to a storyline Vega has between the 2 characters.

With the route split that TRS presents (of which there's 3 opprotunites that it happens) there is a lot of replay value. There is events, further character development, items, and recruitable characters that can be entirely missed depending on who you send to which route. One of the trickiest things about Tear Ring Saga is managing who goes to which party. After all, Runan and Holmes's maps are different from one another and hell, Holmes can grind while Runan cannot.

Edited by N30

• 3 months later...

How about they do it like they just did in the Warriors spin-off?  You are able to progress through two branches simultaneously and choose to progress one side at a time or both in tandem.  The catch is that you are required to complete both branches in order to progress further.  The titles of the branches could be something like Chpt ##x and Chpt ##y and they follow the open map concept that FE8 had at the end of the game, wherein your main protagonists' tokens move independently from each other after advancing their respective chapter.

If I had the ability to create different paths, I would do it like this: Get rid of the rigid chapter system.

After the first couple of chapters, you get new maps opening in small groups of two or three. All three have to be completed before going on to the next section, but they can be done in any order that you like. This will also have different ramifications as it will affect which characters you pick up first, the levels of enemies, and the difficulties of the maps. If you go to a certain place first, the other two in that grouping will be harder to deal with because they will have had more time to gain ground. Certain villages may be gone, and how characters react to you change based on where you went first.

Basically, it's a bit more open world than a regular Fire Emblem game. But I think it has the potential to be really interesting.