The Reoccuring Trio for future games?

ChoocoboYao

Just a random thought I wanted to get off my mind, it's that I would love for Severa, Owain, and Inigo to keep reappearing in future FE titles like they did in Fates.

Progressionally though, while they've grown a bit since Awakening, I think it would be absolutely terrific to see them reach later ages. That and their jobs slowly reflecting their changes.

I love the idea that Inigo/Laslow turned into an actual dancer class, or be turn the meme of him being a rally bot into a rallying dancer for the future. He's still great with a sword but with strengthened confidence and some serious dance moves, it'd be hilarious to have that canon. All that practice has gotta turn into something!

Or with Owain/Odin delving his into all of the jobs, he's lowered his sword hand, he's rested his magical mind, but what if he turned into an eagle eye too? I'm bad at making up quotes but boy does it make me laugh to hear his crazy lines yelled at from afar as he stylishly shoots an arrow. Who knows when he will ever feel sated?

I've also been wondering when the hell Severa/Selena will ever be ready to get on a pegasus, and how she would deal with either reaching her own self as a warrior, or to keep trying to uphold Cordelia's image. She'll become related classes in her tsundere spirit to learn how to ride a horse but never the damn pegasus. (Get in the fucking mech, Shinji)

Thanks for reading a spill of my mind, just wanted to just show up with it for fun.

I'm not sure about that. They'd have to keep coming up with excuse for how the trio got into the new game every time, and Fates' plotline for them was like swiss cheese. If not, they'd have to become fun cameo characters like Anna, but they have too much going on to be reduced to just that.

Honestly, Laslow is the only one I've really liked (Pretty much my favorite character). Selena was okay but she get's kind of annoying. Odin, I don't really care for.

I don't know how they'd make them reoccur through several games without using the same concept/excuse so I think it's best that this is a one time thing.

I would hate seeing the Awekening trio again unless the game in question would be an actual sequel to Fates or a gaiden situation where returning characters actually have a good excuse to appear.

I believed them being transported into the Fates world was just one of the things that did not work for me. Even with the DLC I did't get an answer about what made those 3 so special to be chosen by a god to help save the world. It did't help that they seemed to completely suck at the job that they where given. To me it just came across as pandering to the Awakening fans. 

In general Its not a trend I would like to see continue. I feels off to see characters blatantly reappear just because they are popular. 

This approach does have a strength in that it allows to add character development to some characters but the Awakening trio already got that development. There isn't anywhere left for their arc to go.

Inigo already overcame his shyness and has become more responsible. 

Severa already left the extreme tsundere act behind and has became a decent human being.

Owain is a bit of a weirder case. He didn't develop like these two did but I also think it would affect his popularity if he did grow up. But Owain's wacky antics grew old and predictable in Fates already. Giving him a third chance to be a weirdo would just be incredibly annoying. 

I like Inigo and Severa, but I do not want to see them in any more games after Fates. It would just be redundant, given how much development those two got in Fates. And I hated Odin (even though I like Owain, but they feel like two distinctly different characters at times) and definitely wouldn't want to see that interpretation of Owain show up in any game again ever.

I like them more in fate , in fact i didn't really like them a lot in awakening , but it was nice to see them even if it was kind of uselless for the story.

I don't think we will see them again however it's possible for Forrest Nina and Ophelia  because just like them they were at the top popularity poll and unlike them their groups is more logical for example since Forrest is the second prince he could be ask to travel in other world and bring Ophelia and Nina with him because retainer or some things like that.

I feel the only character development they'd have left with another war would be them literally going insane and developing serious psychological problems, forcing them to reach out for help.  It doesn't help that they'd have to stay away from their homeworld and parents for an even longer amount of time.  They've been through three wars at this point, all of them horrible and traumatic in their own rights.

Spoiler

This is a joke; the point is, I don't want them recurring again.

I'd prefer if they never did this again and have the "recurring characters" happen only within their own worlds (e.g. the Whitewings and Camus reappearing in Gaiden and Book 2 of Mystery), or... you know, stick with just Anna.  Though if they did decide to continue this as a sort of trend, then it should just be that they bring characters from the previous game into the next.  So for FE Switch, they'd bring Fates characters (preferably non-royal first gen units) to that world.  That way no characters become way too stale, and there isn't an obvious bias.

Spoiler

I specify first-gen because the second gen units are almost entirely irrelevant to the story and unproven, unlike the second gens from Awakening who both were a key plot element and fought two wars valiantly.  I could only see the second-gen units of Fates coming in if they were pulled from the Heirs of Fate storyline.

And non-royal is for an obvious reason; they're too important to the world of Fates to be allowed the luxury of world-hopping and risking their lives for causes that they're likely impartial to.  And this includes the royal kids (Forrest, Shiro, et all).

Not to trample on your fun or anything, but I honestly just think their stories are kind of a done deal at this point.  Laslow's grown into a thoughtful and somewhat respectful man, Selena has come to terms with her inferiority complex and negative feelings for her mother (which are honestly her biggest personal conflicts), and Odin shows no signs that he'll ever really change so he's more or less a lost cause.

While I love the trio, from a story standpoint I would prefer if they did not appear in any future titles outside of their own world. Handwaving it with the Dragon's Gate and other nonsense gets old rather quickly, and I don't want them coming up with new identities every single time they head out on an adventure. Also, I am not a fan of some of the recycled supports. Callbacks are nice, but not when the entire chain is more or less the same thing.

If there were to appear in a future title, I would like to see them in a pure "Future Past" scenario where the children characters from Awakening (alongside some new characters) get the spotlight and a game of their own, or an "After Awakening" game. The Future Past versions will showcase their earlier selves while "After Awakening" can be after their adventures in FatesLand. Needless to say, Owain's (Odin's) and Inigo's (Laslow's) kids are bound to follow them home, which opens up some interesting possibilities.

I don't think the trio are so intriguing as characters that I'd want to see them over and over again, much less as guest characters. Let's focus on developing new characters rather than giving special treatment to a particular set of old characters.