Jedi

General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Recommended Posts

Similar to the Fates, Echoes & Heroes sections "I just want to know one thing" 

I figured i'd make a thread all about answering peoples questions on the various Warriors titles, or things about FE Warriors when it finally hits. Although I could maybe answer some stuff with the gameplay we've seen so far.

@Soledai  @Folt and others can probably fill gaps where I might not be able to.

The Warriors franchise is vast and has done many many crossover titles. 

We have. Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi, Warriors Of Troy, Arslan: The Warriors of Legend, Pirate Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, Berserk and the Band of the Hawk etc. If you were curious on what has been done in the past.

Edited by Jedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No real questions right now, but someone tag me when we get Roy revealed because I'm calling that as vanilla game not DLC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

No real questions right now, but someone tag me when we get Roy revealed because I'm calling that as vanilla game not DLC.

He has one of the better shots of people outside of Shadow Dragon, Awakening & Fates, but i'm not entirely sure still. The Japanese in particular might get miffed if he isn't there.

Edited by Jedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jedi said:

He has one of the better shots of people outside of Shadow Dragon, Awakening & Fates, but i'm not entirely sure still. The Japanese in particular might get miffed if he isn't there.

I think we'll get the FE Amiibo characters in the vanilla game for sure, both so they can do a second super-limited-quantity rerun of said Amiibo and because those characters are so popular. The only Amiibo characters outside of the three games they're supposedly focusing on would be Roy and Ike, so it's not like they'd be stretching things that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I think we'll get the FE Amiibo characters in the vanilla game for sure, both so they can do a second super-limited-quantity rerun of said Amiibo and because those characters are so popular. The only Amiibo characters outside of the three games they're supposedly focusing on would be Roy and Ike, so it's not like they'd be stretching things that much.

And Alm and Celica.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well to actually use the questions thread of this part...

The story is that a dragon kill the parents of the main characters. could this possibly mean we might get a giant boss fight like in hyrule warriors? and if we do. what sort of thing would we need to be able to take it down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thany said:

Well to actually use the questions thread of this part...

The story is that a dragon kill the parents of the main characters. could this possibly mean we might get a giant boss fight like in hyrule warriors? and if we do. what sort of thing would we need to be able to take it down?

I know Warrior games have a history of using siege weaponry. It is possible we may end up having to use a siege weapon to defeat the "Giant Dragon," like in Warriors Orochi 3 where they have to use a special one to defeat the Hydra (Link - Skips straight to the gameplay and siege weapon usage, story spoilers).

Otherwise, they may adapt the Hyrule Warriors model of simply putting a boss unit on the battlefield and players attack it normally. Instead of using items like in Legend of Zelda, maybe there will be map objectives to weaken the boss so it is more like Fire Emblem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sire said:

I know Warrior games have a history of using siege weaponry. It is possible we may end up having to use a siege weapon to defeat the "Giant Dragon," like in Warriors Orochi 3 where they have to use a special one to defeat the Hydra (Link - Skips straight to the gameplay and siege weapon usage, story spoilers).

Otherwise, they may adapt the Hyrule Warriors model of simply putting a boss unit on the battlefield and players attack it normally. Instead of using items like in Legend of Zelda, maybe there will be map objectives to weaken the boss so it is more like Fire Emblem.

Uuuuugh.... if the audio wasnt japanese only I would of been all over orochi 3. and get to experiance that boss. regardless thats pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the Amiibo, we know Chrom is a playable character and his Amiibo was shown at E3. That makes me think Tiki will also be a playable character since hers was shown at the same time. Because of this do you think the other FE characters not in the game(Roy, Ike, possibly Robin) will be playable when you tap their Amiibo ala Codename S.T.E.A.M.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

About the Amiibo, we know Chrom is a playable character and his Amiibo was shown at E3. That makes me think Tiki will also be a playable character since hers was shown at the same time. Because of this do you think the other FE characters not in the game(Roy, Ike, possibly Robin) will be playable when you tap their Amiibo ala Codename S.T.E.A.M.?

To answer that question to the best of my ability... I think not. It's likely that the Amiibo might do something else other than benefit a playable character in this game. It could be costumes, weapons that could be wielded by people with enough skill, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

About the Amiibo, we know Chrom is a playable character and his Amiibo was shown at E3. That makes me think Tiki will also be a playable character since hers was shown at the same time. Because of this do you think the other FE characters not in the game(Roy, Ike, possibly Robin) will be playable when you tap their Amiibo ala Codename S.T.E.A.M.?

Robin is almost certainly in regardless. Roy and Ike might get in, but I highly doubt they'll be locked behind amiibo like in Codename S.T.E.A.M. or Fates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

About the Amiibo, we know Chrom is a playable character and his Amiibo was shown at E3. That makes me think Tiki will also be a playable character since hers was shown at the same time. Because of this do you think the other FE characters not in the game(Roy, Ike, possibly Robin) will be playable when you tap their Amiibo ala Codename S.T.E.A.M.?

I think the amiibo will do what Hyrule Warriors ones did, just give random weapons.

Edited by Jedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jedi said:

I think the amiibo will do what Hyrule Warriors ones did, just give random weapons.

Lets also remember that there WAS a weapon locked behind an amiibo for the base warriors game. the twilight spinner for link. I think you had to use a link amiibo to get it tho? There might be at least 1 weapon locked behind an amiibo. just not a character. It makes me wonder which of the amiibo will give a different weapon tho...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thany said:

Lets also remember that there WAS a weapon locked behind an amiibo for the base warriors game. the twilight spinner for link. I think you had to use a link amiibo to get it tho? There might be at least 1 weapon locked behind an amiibo. just not a character. It makes me wonder which of the amiibo will give a different weapon tho...

I'm honestly not sure if they'll do that again, but if they did it'll probably be related to Chrom who is the most heavily advertised of the group so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'm honestly not sure if they'll do that again, but if they did it'll probably be related to Chrom who is the most heavily advertised of the group so far.

I can see Spring Chrom or Mirage Chrom (controlling Itsuki while Mirage Chrom would be more of a JoJo Stand with plenty of lightning attacks and music) being locked behind the Chrom amiibo. Same with UTA-loid Tiki locked behind the Tiki amiibo with a moveset based on music kinda like Marin in HW Legends. Chances are they'll just drop weapons for those specific characters while others would give random stuff. As for other FE characters that have an amiibo like Alm and Celica...probably stuff like Alm always giving you a random weapon (like the Emperor's Lance or the Valentian Falchion) or a new alt palette for a possible Walhart while Celica would always give gold in random amounts and/or Celica's palette to Walhart. 

 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I think we'll get the FE Amiibo characters in the vanilla game for sure, both so they can do a second super-limited-quantity rerun of said Amiibo and because those characters are so popular. The only Amiibo characters outside of the three games they're supposedly focusing on would be Roy and Ike, so it's not like they'd be stretching things that much.

Honestly, some may get new amiibo..like they may use PoR Ike for Warriors and give us a new Ike amiibo with that design. I wouldn't be surprised if they make new amiibo for some of them in general. Probably not f Corrin though since they used the same pose as the Smash amiibo (aka her Fates pose) albeit with the chainsaw Yato and covered thighs for the Smash one.

 

4 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

I can see Spring Chrom or Mirage Chrom (controlling Itsuki while Mirage Chrom would be more of a JoJo Stand with plenty of lightning attacks and music) being locked behind the Chrom amiibo. Same with UTA-loid Tiki locked behind the Tiki amiibo with a moveset based on music kinda like Marin in HW Legends. Chances are they'll just drop weapons for those specific characters while others would give random stuff. As for other FE characters that have an amiibo like Alm and Celica...probably stuff like Alm always giving you a random weapon (like the Emperor's Lance or the Valentian Falchion) or a new alt palette for a possible Walhart while Celica would always give gold in random amounts and/or Celica's palette to Walhart. 

Honestly, I think that the Mirage forms of Chrom and Tiki would just be costumes. None of the weapons in Hyrule Warriors changed characters' costumes and that would keep that costume from being usable with said weapon.

Outside of maybe costumes, I don't think we'll see anything really referencing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I am hoping the design rights belong to Intelligent Systems though, it could even be funny to see costume swaps, like Tharja wearing Kiria's default outfit.

Edited by Deva Ashera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Honestly, I think that the Mirage forms of Chrom and Tiki would just be costumes. None of the weapons in Hyrule Warriors changed characters' costumes and that would keep that costume from being usable with said weapon.

Outside of maybe costumes, I don't think we'll see anything really referencing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I am hoping the design rights belong to Intelligent Systems though, it could even be funny to see costume swaps, like Tharja wearing Kiria's default outfit.

Yeah this, is pretty much it, a moveset has never been locked behind a costume or palette before in the history of Warriors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Yeah this, is pretty much it, a moveset has never been locked behind a costume or palette before in the history of Warriors.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 kinda proves you wrong there, though in that case, locking the moveset behind the costumes made sense (Straw Hats have different movesets for pre-timeskip and post-timeskip and Blackbeard's outfit change depicts him before and after stealing Whitebeard's powers). That said, with the way Fire Emblem Warriors is going, we're probably not going to see anything like having movesets behind a costume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Folt said:

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 kinda proves you wrong there, though in that case, locking the moveset behind the costumes made sense (Straw Hats have different movesets for pre-timeskip and post-timeskip and Blackbeard's outfit change depicts him before and after stealing Whitebeard's powers). That said, with the way Fire Emblem Warriors is going, we're probably not going to see anything like having movesets behind a costume.

Thanks for the correction! I'm not familiar with One Piece (besides its obvious popularity) or its Warriors spinoffs, so you might have to help me there, sorry I was off because of it.

Edited by Jedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jedi said:

Thanks for the correction! I'm not familiar with One Piece or its Warriors spinoffs, so you might have to help me there, sorry I was off because of it.

I have One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, which is why I know that.

If anything, I'd say movesets would be locked to weapons (though I think each character will get their own unique weapon which they can't take out of their inventory. That weapon would essentially be the moveset that shows their own capabilities).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Folt said:

I have One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, which is why I know that.

If anything, I'd say movesets would be locked to weapons (though I think each character will get their own unique weapon which they can't take out of their inventory. That weapon would essentially be the moveset that shows their own capabilities).

Yeah its like my blindspot of Warriors games x.x 

So you're thinking it'll be like Dynasty Warriors 7/8 but everyones unique weapon will have a 100% unique moveset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Honestly, I think that the Mirage forms of Chrom and Tiki would just be costumes. None of the weapons in Hyrule Warriors changed characters' costumes and that would keep that costume from being usable with said weapon.

Outside of maybe costumes, I don't think we'll see anything really referencing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I am hoping the design rights belong to Intelligent Systems though, it could even be funny to see costume swaps, like Tharja wearing Kiria's default outfit.

I'm fine with just costumes. Getting new movesets referencing TMS is a long shot but it's still possible. I guess I should've rephrased my previous post better: Just like how the Fierce Deity appearance was an option for HW Link as well part of Y. Link's moveset, the same could happen to the Mirage versions of Chrom and Tiki. It's not a moveset locked to a costume at all. Speaking of other costumes, Tharja wearing Kiria's cat suit please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I'm fine with just costumes. Getting new movesets referencing TMS is a long shot but it's still possible. I guess I should've rephrased my previous post better: Just like how the Fierce Deity appearance was an option for HW Link as well part of Y. Link's moveset, the same could happen to the Mirage versions of Chrom and Tiki. It's not a moveset locked to a costume at all. Speaking of other costumes, Tharja wearing Kiria's cat suit please.

Oh thats what you meant, like a special mode like how Focus Spirit worked, and seeing the glowing blue aura I think we have something similar here. Maybe Chrom will invoke the TMS Chrom or something, who knows. Might work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or temporarily turning into Mirage Chrom to use skills like Empty Wave and his second sword while that also being an unlockable alt costume. UTA-loid Tiki getting a meter she can charge which could increase the speed or power of her attacks and so on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Yeah its like my blindspot of Warriors games x.x 

So you're thinking it'll be like Dynasty Warriors 7/8 but everyones unique weapon will have a 100% unique moveset

Yeah.

Or it might be that everyone's unique weapon has a 100% unique moveset, but the generic movesets will actually be based on what class the character wielding them is, so that an Iron Sword or Levin Sword moveset would be fairly different depending on whether the character is a Swordmaster or Paladin for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.