General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

The way i'd personally integrate someone like Kris would have them be a style clone of sorts, but with the access to change "class" to whatever style you liked. 

Think Weapon Master in the soul calibur series, Or the other method, would be have bits & pieces from each main class in their moveset in a mishmash, (think Bartz in Dissidia and 012, they kinda changed him in NT).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

Or the other method, would be have bits & pieces from each main class in their moveset in a mishmash, (think Bartz in Dissidia and 012, they kinda changed him in NT).

That would be better for Xane imo.

Sorry if this is a question asked every week, but had there been any confirmation on a release date yet? I saw something like late September for Japan, but nothing as far as the US goes. Don't know if this will be a simultaneous release or delayed for the rest.

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Sorry if this is a question asked every week, but had there been any confirmation on a release date yet? I saw something like late September for Japan, but nothing as far as the US goes. Don't know if this will be a simultaneous release or delayed for the rest.

Still 9/28 Japan, unknown for the rest.

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

Still 9/28 Japan, unknown for the rest.

Alright, cool. Thanks for the answer. Surprised that there is still no exact release date when we are getting real close to the end of summer. Its almost Fall already, you would think a date would of already been thrown out there.

3 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Alright, cool. Thanks for the answer. Surprised that there is still no exact release date when we are getting real close to the end of summer. Its almost Fall already, you would think a date would of already been thrown out there.

Maybe they are waiting until the gamescom for some reason.

1 hour ago, Sbuscoz said:

Maybe they are waiting until the gamescom for some reason.

Possibly, but that seems like it would be a while. Hopefully we get some new stuff before then, but I can see a confirmation of release date then. I would hope for sooner than that, but it seems reasonable. In Nintendo's own messed up way.

5 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Possibly, but that seems like it would be a while. Hopefully we get some new stuff before then, but I can see a confirmation of release date then. I would hope for sooner than that, but it seems reasonable. In Nintendo's own messed up way.

I'm hoping for them showing a trailer the firts week of August and another for the gamescom, and then another in september if there are any characters left. 

That's probably asking too much though.

5 hours ago, Sbuscoz said:

I'm hoping for them showing a trailer the firts week of August and another for the gamescom, and then another in september if there are any characters left. 

That's probably asking too much though.

Well I imagine we have a lot of characters still to reveal. We only have just above 10, and there is an estimated 25-30 as far as I know so far. That and we still don't know details on the game outside of a few of its FE elements, and the coliseum mode. Outside of that we know nothing. There is so much we still don't know. Hopefully we get a full panel st gamescon because they are kind of running out of time and chances for a big focus on the game.

its why I wonder if they are planning on focusing an entire Direct on it. I think that may have a chance because then they could do some potential surprise reveals to build up hype, which would be a bit more difficult to do at a con with a bit more of a limited audience.

47 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Well I imagine we have a lot of characters still to reveal. We only have just above 10, and there is an estimated 25-30 as far as I know so far. That and we still don't know details on the game outside of a few of its FE elements, and the coliseum mode. Outside of that we know nothing. There is so much we still don't know. Hopefully we get a full panel st gamescon because they are kind of running out of time and chances for a big focus on the game.

its why I wonder if they are planning on focusing an entire Direct on it. I think that may have a chance because then they could do some potential surprise reveals to build up hype, which would be a bit more difficult to do at a con with a bit more of a limited audience.

I was thinking about the characters so much that I forgot that there are other things to be shown. With that in mind a direct seems very possible. And they end it saying that a demo is avalible in the eshop.

44 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

I was thinking about the characters so much that I forgot that there are other things to be shown. With that in mind a direct seems very possible. And they end it saying that a demo is avalible in the eshop.

Im really hoping for a demo too. I think it would do the game some good to help people on the fence make up their mind. 

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

Im really hoping for a demo too. I think it would do the game some good to help people on the fence make up their mind. 

I think that a demo could convince some people who are not sure yet too, but I can see them giving us the demo from the E3 making people have the "too much swords, everyone fights the the same" mentallity. But that's probably me being pessimistic.

4 hours ago, Sbuscoz said:

I think that a demo could convince some people who are not sure yet too, but I can see them giving us the demo from the E3 making people have the "too much swords, everyone fights the the same" mentallity. But that's probably me being pessimistic.

They would definitely have a different roster I would imagine. The roster on that demo keeps changing as they announce new characters, so I imagine they would release a relatively diverse cast in order to give players a good idea of the game. Especially since the weapon triangle is a feature.

Geez, looks like there's no previews out on Famitsu yet. Guess it's yet another week without genuine information, hoping for a new trailer to crop up.

I wonder why they're being so stingy with details this late into production? Marketing must be controlled entirely by Nintendo here, because Koei would be releasing a character a day if they were in charge. Hell, Dynasty Warriors 9 has more characters revealed for it than FEW does, and it doesn't even have a release date yet. Sanadamaru even had every new character, and every new gameplay function, detailed and documented weeks before the game released in Japan, not to mention DWGR releasing 4-5 mobile suit demonstations a week.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

11 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Geez, looks like there's no previews out on Famitsu yet. Guess it's yet another week without genuine information, hoping for a new trailer to crop up.

I wonder why they're being so stingy with details this late into production? Marketing must be controlled entirely by Nintendo here, because Koei would be releasing a character a day if they were in charge. Hell, Dynasty Warriors 9 has more characters revealed for it than FEW does, and it doesn't even have a release date yet. Sanadamaru even every new character, and every new gameplay function, detailed and documented weeks before the game released in Japan, not to mention DWGR releasing 4-5 mobile suit demonstations a week.

The lack of news does seem odd. Nintendo Everything always has scans up by now, yet they don't.

I'm just hoping for something soon. News has been so slow, and this sub-forum has been dead for a few days now. Fingers crossed that they give us something on Friday or next week.

They might release a new bond conversation tomorrow (since they released the first one last Wednesday), but who knows honestly at this point. The first bond conversation was kind of a let down anyway so if they do release it, I'm not sure it will be very exciting.

Edited by Torii

To be honest, the marketing for this game is making it absurdly hard to get hype.

I want to be excited for this and for it to be the thing that pushes me to get a Switch, but by god the complete lack of gameplay trailers and details on the amount of content is just killing my hype for the game.

About half the cast is STILL unknown. And we've only seen two maps.

There better be a huge Direct or something to save the hype, because right now this is just pitiful.

3 hours ago, DaloDask said:

To be honest, the marketing for this game is making it absurdly hard to get hype.

I agree and its why I feel the need to try to help the hype haha...

10 hours ago, Hardin said:

The game is still over 60 days away from release. They have plenty of time to get the hype machine running. 

They had it rolling for Hyrule Warriors from E3 on. Yeah, this releases a month later in the year, but the lack of trailers and slow stream of info definitely isn't getting too many people excited. 

At 60 days to release, Hyrule Warriors only had shown off only 4 playable characters. They're not going to reveal everything 2 months in advance and let the hype fizzle out while people wait for the game to release. There will be a slow drip for now, then things will pick up around labour day. 

I'm surprised you guys never talked about the Digital Foundry report on the E3 demo. While the video is full of scathing remarks about frame dips, presentation, and Omega Force's track record... @Jedi down, boy! Their verdict is that the game definitely runs better than the other Switch Warriors game - Dragon Quest Heroes, and marginally better than the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors. However, we still have no reference for how the game runs undocked, so far as I'm aware.