General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

6 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I wonder exactly how long giant bosses stay down for after (and before, for that matter) their weak point gauge is fully depleted... Does anyone know?

King Dodongo and Argorok stay down the longest (but Argorok has the animation in the original game which makes it tougher to get his WPG down than Dodongo's and falls faster than Dodongo). Manhandla gets up at a faster pace. I think Gohma get's up about as fast as Manhandla (and is one of the fastest-recovering bosses in the Legends version), or faster, but in either case, he enters it faster than Manhandla which makes it hard for characters other than Dark-elemental characters to take his WPG down to 0. The Imprisoned always gets up at half gauge in the OG version, in Legends he is simply one of the fastest-recovering bosses instead. Ganon is the fastest-recovering boss in the OG version but was changed to be about as fast at getting up as Manhandla in Legends. Helmaroc King recovers about as fast as Manhandla but enters weakened state faster. Phantom Ganon also recovers about as fast as Manhandla. All of them stay down for about the same (long) time if their WPG is depleted to 0 but you haven't initiated a WPS yet.

To stay on topic for once (given that I kinda derailed it last time I answered a HW question), given that Permadeath (well, injured so much they can't fight any further) is part of Fire Emblem Warriors's story mode, do you think this game's Story Mode will be meatier than Hyrule Warriors's?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Folt said:

To stay on topic for once (given that I kinda derailed it last time I answered a HW question), given that Permadeath (well, injured so much they can't fight any further) is part of Fire Emblem Warriors's story mode, do you think this game's Story Mode will be meatier than Hyrule Warriors's?

You have 2 generic siblings who keeps getting shilled by other iconic Fire Emblem character & having them talk about the power of friendship.

What do you think? Though to be completely fair they still haven't shown the evil Dragon yet. I bet you anything their friend Darius is the traitor/being mind-controlled.

Then again, I did enjoy the story of Hyrule Warriors so who knows?

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

You have 2 generic siblings who keeps getting shilled by other iconic Fire Emblem character & having them talk about the power of friendship.

What do you think? Though to be completely fair they still haven't shown the evil Dragon yet. I bet you anything their friend Darius is the traitor/being mind-controlled.

Then again, I did enjoy the story of Hyrule Warriors so who knows?

Should have specified that I meant it in terms of gameplay.

On August 6, 2017 at 3:57 AM, Folt said:

King Dodongo and Argorok stay down the longest (but Argorok has the animation in the original game which makes it tougher to get his WPG down than Dodongo's and falls faster than Dodongo). Manhandla gets up at a faster pace. I think Gohma get's up about as fast as Manhandla (and is one of the fastest-recovering bosses in the Legends version), or faster, but in either case, he enters it faster than Manhandla which makes it hard for characters other than Dark-elemental characters to take his WPG down to 0. The Imprisoned always gets up at half gauge in the OG version, in Legends he is simply one of the fastest-recovering bosses instead. Ganon is the fastest-recovering boss in the OG version but was changed to be about as fast at getting up as Manhandla in Legends. Helmaroc King recovers about as fast as Manhandla but enters weakened state faster. Phantom Ganon also recovers about as fast as Manhandla. All of them stay down for about the same (long) time if their WPG is depleted to 0 but you haven't initiated a WPS yet.

I see then.

Concerning Twili Midna and Ruto (but mainly the former, since you can't even unlock her before clearing her stage, as well as Liberation of the Triforce), as they're controllable in the Linkle stages, and have heart containers for them, would they not have them if I had gotten them before unlocking them?

17 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I see then.

Concerning Twili Midna and Ruto (but mainly the former, since you can't even unlock her before clearing her stage, as well as Liberation of the Triforce), as they're controllable in the Linkle stages, and have heart containers for them, would they not have them if I had gotten them before unlocking them?

If you got their Heart Containers before you actually unlocked them, they have them when you join them. They aren't lost because you picked them up before you got them for real.

On 8/6/2017 at 1:57 AM, Folt said:

I see it being the length of a typical FE game but the chapters will be Warriors stages.

Just to make a parallel to DW9 for a minute: For the last month, they've released Famitsu articles and website updates weekly, with new characters, redesigned characters, game info, and more.

IMG_9916.JPG.9921cedfa062811a0d91702330f2fbe6.JPG

And this week they do it again. This game probably won't release until Christmas at the earliest, and certainly won't be hitting places outside Japan until 2018.

FE Warriors info release schedule has to be Nintendo controlled. Will we be seeing FE Warriors stuff in Famitsu this week? Doubtful, but I'll keep my eyes on Famitsu's Twitter, see if anything pops up. 

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/August/Tune-in-during-gamescom-2017-for-live-Super-Mario-Odyssey-and-Metroid-Samus-Returns-presentations-1251161.html

Nintendo UK lists FEW and XC2 for Gamescom (August 24). Hopefully we get actual news before that point (kinda wish we had entered the weekly Famitsu stage).

It'll be released in Japan in less than two months. I'm surprised we've got so little information to go on. They're doing the same with Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, though at least those games come out in November.

Is anyone here going to buy it in Japanese? I mean, the Switch isn't region locked.

50 minutes ago, Thane said:

It'll be released in Japan in less than two months. I'm surprised we've got so little information to go on. They're doing the same with Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, though at least those games come out in November.

Is anyone here going to buy it in Japanese? I mean, the Switch isn't region locked.

I'm thinking there is going to be a direct dedicated to it like Hyrule warriors got. It's the only thing that makes sense at this point, andhonestly they are really pushing it as to when to do it. If they already have plans of what to release for august information, I doubt we get a direct this month, which means it will likely be September if we get one. Same month as it's Japanese release. That is really pushing it for releasing large chunks of information. That and we still don't have a US let alone a European release date.

If all else fails, we will know everything when it releases in Japan. 

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

I'm thinking there is going to be a direct dedicated to it like Hyrule warriors got. It's the only thing that makes sense at this point, andhonestly they are really pushing it as to when to do it. If they already have plans of what to release for august information, I doubt we get a direct this month, which means it will likely be September if we get one. Same month as it's Japanese release. That is really pushing it for releasing large chunks of information. That and we still don't have a US let alone a European release date.

If all else fails, we will know everything when it releases in Japan. 

Oh, man. I hope against all odds we get a simultaneous release. Otherwise I'm gonna have to stop visiting this board to avoid spoilers.

11 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Oh, man. I hope against all odds we get a simultaneous release. Otherwise I'm gonna have to stop visiting this board to avoid spoilers.

Unlikely, but they've been doing better and they do have some English voice work done. We may get it within a month.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

I've got the Treasure Box preordered and I plan on showing the movesets at the very least via the Japanese version.

Just now, Jedi said:

I've got the Treasure Box preordered and I plan on showing the movesets at the very least via the Japanese version.

Neat, you're doing Naga's work.

Looks like we'll be getting our next batch of major news at Gamescom on the 23:rd or 24:th. One has to wonder if we'll hear about the mystery archer/female mounted character before that.

29 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Considering there hasn't been an announcement of a release date, I doubt it. If it was simultaneous it wouldn't make sense to hold back the date for the US/Europe. Then again this is Nintendo we are talking about. They probably have a bunch of monkeys handling their PR/News department.

Luckily SF did a good job of keeping spoilers to a minimum when SoV released. 

On August 7, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Folt said:

If you got their Heart Containers before you actually unlocked them, they have them when you join them. They aren't lost because you picked them up before you got them for real.

Okay then. That was something I largely asked because I know characters get more hearts as they level up, and when I had unlocked Twili Midna, she had 13 hearts (with me finding the heart container in Legend mode), but I was left wondering whether or not that was because of her level.

Exactly how long do defeated Rogue Force units stay out of action for in KO (I'm also counting "Defeat X enemies before the Rogue Forces do!" among these) and Rupee Competitions?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Okay then. That was something I largely asked because I know characters get more hearts as they level up, and when I had unlocked Twili Midna, she had 13 hearts (with me finding the heart container in Legend mode), but I was left wondering whether or not that was because of her level.

Exactly how long do defeated Rogue Force units stay out of action for in KO (I'm also counting "Defeat X enemies before the Rogue Forces do!" among these) and Rupee Competitions?

I don't remember, though I think it was fairly long. (Long enough to close the gap/get ahead, and if you can kill them consistently as they come back, all the more power to you.)

In dynasty warriors 7 and 8 , were any of the unlock able weapons for character too bulky.? I'm asking because in Hyrule Warriors there were quite  a few lvl3 weapons that I hated because the model was too large for the attack animations (zant comes to mind) I can't think of many on my own besides Meng Huo

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

@Jedi Is there any way for them to implement different movement mechanics? I was thinking about Pegasus Knights and Takumi's bow in particular. Something that'd negate terrain, if that's a thing?

I think its mostly going to be used for like alternate routes, Pegasus being confirmed having alternative routes is like how Ninjas in the Samurai Warriors series had a double jump to access areas no one else could. 

Terrain hasn't really been a thing in Warriors besides having lower & higher ground or in some cases swimming in water, nor do we know if they plan on implementing it. My guess is that Takumi may have the unique access to the Flier routes due to Fujin Yumi. 

Mounts in general are probably just going to have superior movement across the map like in standard FE.

Edited by Jedi

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I think its mostly going to be used for like alternate routes, Pegasus being confirmed having alternative routes is like how Ninjas in the Samurai Warriors series had a double jump to access areas no one else could. 

Terrain hasn't really been a thing in Warriors besides having lower & higher ground or in some cases swimming in water, nor do we know if they plan on implementing it. My guess is that Takumi may have the unique access to the Flier routes due to Fujin Yumi. 

Mounts in general are probably just going to have superior movement across the map like in standard FE.

Neat, thanks a lot. It would be great if Takumi had that special ability; would be a cool little detail to make him stand out.

I thought Fujin Yumi just negated movement penalties for terrain, not ignored it completely.  I don't remember it letting Takumi ignore mountains and such, so letting him use flier routes doesn't necessarily make sense, especially if they end up being primarily cliffs and mountain passes.

Of course, I don't know how else they could having it's special ability reflected, unless there's something like movement penalties statuses that it could ignore.  I'm not sure Takumi really needs the Fujin Yumi to have a special effect though, given that a lightsaber bow is fairly unique on its own.

3 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I thought Fujin Yumi just negated movement penalties for terrain, not ignored it completely.  I don't remember it letting Takumi ignore mountains and such, so letting him use flier routes doesn't necessarily make sense, especially if they end up being primarily cliffs and mountain passes.

Of course, I don't know how else they could having it's special ability reflected, unless there's something like movement penalties statuses that it could ignore.  I'm not sure Takumi really needs the Fujin Yumi to have a special effect though, given that a lightsaber bow is fairly unique on its own.

Fujin lets Takumi walk over water and some mountains, if I remember correctly