General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you guys' support predictions? I'd love for them to take this opportunity to show off some really odd character combinations, and we've already seen some crossovers like Chrom/Ryouma, but it worries me how they seem to recreate certain scenes from the main series. Corrin and Xander already had a very good support in Fates, so I see no need for them to discuss anything here. 

Give me Marth/Takumi or something. Would be pretty sick.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

What are you guys' support predictions? I'd love for them to take this opportunity to show off some really odd character combinations, and we've already seen some crossovers like Chrom/Ryouma, but it worries me how they seem to recreate certain scenes from the main series. Corrin and Xander already had a very good support in Fates, so I see no need for them to discuss anything here. 

i am expecting Caeda/Cordelia talking about love :P

3 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

i am expecting Caeda/Cordelia talking about love :P

Oh, definitely. Don't forget Cordelia and Camilla talking about a shared topic of interest as well.

I wonder if the developers will remember that Lissa is also Marth's descendant, and not just Chrom.

Edited by Thane

30 minutes ago, Thane said:

Oh, definitely. Don't forget Cordelia and Camilla talking about a shared topic of interest as well.

I wonder if the developers will remember that Lissa is also Marth's descendant, and not just Chrom.

oh and maybe Leo/Marth ? i havent played fates for a long time but i think Leo loves history right ?

I want a Robin/Corrin support conversation that's basically

Corrin: You ever, like, wonder if there's other universes out there where we have different hair colors, or I'm, like, a dude or you're a chick, man?

Robin: Whoa, you're blowing my mind, man.

8 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I want a Robin/Corrin support conversation that's basically

Corrin: You ever, like, wonder if there's other universes out there where we have different hair colors, or I'm, like, a dude or you're a chick, man?

Robin: Whoa, you're blowing my mind, man.

Weed does tend to strengthen bonds between friends. 

Lissa, Elise and Sakura together. Just talking bout being healers that kick ass while looking cute af is all I want and need.

I would also be interested in Tiki supporting with the FEA cast since in this game she is more than likely gonna be young Tiki and it would be interesting to see if they know of her but older. Especially Lucina.

7 hours ago, Thane said:

That would be pretty cool to be honest, I think having some really unlikely character supports would be great. I know in one of the screenshots there appeared to be Cordelia and Camila, so that should be pretty interesting.

As far as Takumi goes, someone who wont put up with his bullshit, like Frederick or Lissa. That would be pretty funny to see. Hell, I would pay to see a support between Takumi and Shinon.

I would also like to see Camus and Xander. I think that could be an interesting Support, given Xander takes a bit of inspiration from Camus. Marth and Lucina would be cool. We got a bit of that style of support with Lucina and Tiki, which was cool. Now for the person she actually masqueraded as. Similarly, Marth and Chrom.

Elise/Sakura and a young Tiki could be funny to see. Unfortunately it looks like we are done with Awakening, but I would of loved to see a Cherche and Minerva support.

Edited by Tolvir

6 hours ago, Awyn Würde said:

All i want to know is if the localized version will have dual audio like Awakening,
I want JP audio~

We all thought there was gonna be dual audio but in the end, it was confirmed there will be none

1 hour ago, Crubat said:

We all thought there was gonna be dual audio but in the end, it was confirmed there will be none

44 minutes ago, Awyn Würde said:

Oh, that's too bad, i was looking forward to play in JP audio
*sigh*

Wait, I thought dual audio was confirmed back in July?

1 hour ago, Crubat said:

Where was that confirmed? I have not heard about that at all.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

At the French, Japan Expo a nintendo rep said there would be dual audio however, that either may have been, A. the rep not knowing or B. it was planned but scrapped or C. who knows.

4 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Wait, I thought dual audio was confirmed back in July?

4 hours ago, Nanima said:

Some recent trailers say "Audio on available in English" or something along those lines. I remember seeing it in the trailer for gamescom 

5 hours ago, Crubat said:

Some recent trailers say "Audio on available in English" or something along those lines. I remember seeing it in the trailer for gamescom 

Other people saw that trailer and no one was taking his as confirmation or denial of dual audio. I don't have time to go dig for the trailer again, but from what I remember what they said was that the demo was only available with English audio. Which makes sense, since gamescom is being held in Europe. 

Unless the trailer explicitly says "There will be only English audio in the final product.", this is no confirmation of anything.

17 hours ago, Nanima said:

Other people saw that trailer and no one was taking his as confirmation or denial of dual audio. I don't have time to go dig for the trailer again, but from what I remember what they said was that the demo was only available with English audio. Which makes sense, since gamescom is being held in Europe. 

Unless the trailer explicitly says "There will be only English audio in the final product.", this is no confirmation of anything.

The message only appeared on European versions of the first Fates trailer.  It was not in reference to the demo, as the message specifically says 'Please note this game will be available only with English voiceover.'  source is roughly 22s into this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEw2yRactuk.  'This game' does not generally refer to the demo version on a story trailer for the game.

Now this could just mean that there won't be French, German, etc. voice acting, or it could be confirmation that there will be no dual audio, at least for the European version.  The only other thing we have to go on is a French Nintendo rep from one of the earlier events stating that there will be dual audio, which isn't really official confirmation.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Warriors games live or die by their character selection. Agree/Disagree?

Disagree. Its how the mechanics work and the variety of character uniqueness. If you had 10 characters who fought the same i'd be fairly disappointed.

4 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I'd disagree - it's more the mechanics and character uniqueness that defines them.

5 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Bolded my answer. The generally live or die by the mechanics and how unique the characters are for that particular title.

11 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Agree and Disagree. I think there needs to be unique mechanics and even unique movesets, but at the same time a terrible roster isnt going to help at all. Especially if this is a collaboration with a series. The biggest charm for a collaboration game is for characters people really enjoyed to be playable in a new way. You put no characters in the game that people actually like, it doesnt matter how unique and amazing their moveset is, no one really liked the character to begin with. At the same time, if every character in the game fights exactly like each other, it doesnt matter if every character in the series was squeezed into the game, its going to be boring as all hell.

So both roster and movesets are equally important, sacrificing too much of one for the other ends up hurting it.

In Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors there's a badge system that can improve various parts of a character, most notably expanded attack strings/charge attacks. Is there anything like this in other Warriors games i.e., Dynasty and Samurai Warriors? Or can a character do any attack at their disposal at hour one as they could at hour 100?