General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think Glennstavos is being totally unreasonable. If archers really are capable of knocking a flier from full to red real quick, it'd be nice to be able to identify amid the hoards of all blue, red, grey/whatever color samey looking peons which are the archers before I get to pounding away at them. Also, if I'm using the map and trying to plan out where to send Caeda during a battle, I'd want to avoid putting her on a course through archer-infested territory. How could I know this if everyone is an identical red dot? I do acknowledge that archers in their more threatening DW incarnations are manageable if you just keep moving around so you're not stationary pincushion, and that they might be the same way here. But if they are THAT dangerous in FEW for fliers, a little more heads up would be appreciable.

If you're ordering, say, Caeda around, you should be able to see red circles with black !s in them I think. That's archers.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

Theres things people can use called their eyes to see what weapon types being used, plus the menu also shows you what all enemy captains are wielding.

Theres also been gameplay of enemy archers shown. People just have to be aware of their surroundings, literally like every other warriors game, I don't know why you want to make things super hand holdy.

It's not hand holdy, it's basic conveyance you see in all games. Imagine a shmup where your bullets fly the same speed and the same color as enemy bullets. Or Super Thunder Blade on Genesis. FE Warriors can have a hundred things onscreen, and I've only seen green (bronze) weapons on enemies. Do you really expect me to pick out who has the long sticks (lance), who has the curved sticks (axe), and who has the not-as-long sticks (sword)? The Weapon Triangle only appears to be a factor until you run into a dude with a health bar. And even then, I have my doubts they could serve as a hurdle. Just an enemy that takes a bit longer to kill because you can't stun them quite as quickly

8 hours ago, Jedi said:

The main thing the game has going for it is that the Switch is very low on Hack N Slash games right now, and the Warriors brand. 

There are six Warriors games on Switch out or coming out by the end of 2017. FE Warriors is only unique in that it's the only one coming in English. Also quit double posting.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think Glennstavos is being totally unreasonable. If archers really are capable of knocking a flier from full to red real quick, it'd be nice to be able to identify amid the hoards of all blue, red, grey/whatever color samey looking peons which are the archers before I get to pounding away at them. Also, if I'm using the map and trying to plan out where to send Caeda during a battle, I'd want to avoid putting her on a course through archer-infested territory. How could I know this if everyone is an identical red dot? I do acknowledge that archers in their more threatening DW incarnations are manageable if you just keep moving around so you're not stationary pincushion, and that they might be the same way here. But if they are THAT dangerous in FEW for fliers, a little more heads up would be appreciable.

For what it's worth I'm pretty sure the low-tier mooks only ever use swords, lances, and axes; enemy archers are always captains or higher, so they stick out pretty obviously in crowds.

5 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

For what it's worth I'm pretty sure the low-tier mooks only ever use swords, lances, and axes; enemy archers are always captains or higher, so they stick out pretty obviously in crowds.

havent archers in other warriors game appear in groups as well?

5 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

No there are low-tier mooks with bows. However, I'm sure their damage is not that much even to fliers.

5 minutes ago, Azz said:

No there are low-tier mooks with bows. However, I'm sure their damage is not that much even to fliers.

Oh, my apologies. I never saw any low-tier mooks outside of the standard three weapons, guess I wasn't paying much attention to them.

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

Oh, my apologies. I never saw any low-tier mooks outside of the standard three weapons, guess I wasn't paying much attention to them.

Believe I was the same. It was only today in the live stream I saw them. They kind of blend in a bit but you can also see the difference in how they hold their weapons and also the bows tend to be smaller than the other 3 weapons.

Just to ask the question to not receive spoilers for details. was there alot more characters in the game then what we know?

Also, how are history maps structured? is it the same like hyrule warriors?

9 minutes ago, Thany said:

Just to ask the question to not receive spoilers for details. was there alot more characters in the game then what we know?

Also, how are history maps structured? is it the same like hyrule warriors?

I'd say the number of characters that appear outside of what was advertised is moderately substantial, though there's no word about whether or not they're playable.

But I have a strong feeling at least a few will be unlockable outside of story.  That's how these games typically work, it seems.  Details are still coming out, so we may learn of even more characters.

Does this game's WPG equivalent show up after enemies use certain attacks, or must you use certain attacks to reveal it?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Does this game's WPG equivalent show up after enemies use certain attacks, or must you use certain attacks to reveal it?

Stun meter appears after certain attacks, just like most HW characters.  At least as far as I could tell from demos, it definitely shows up without the player doing anything.

So do we know the language options? Because i would like to confirm something.

I JUST got my copy of fe warriors which i was expecting to be in chinese but i was told it has not only japanese and chinese but English too. I dont have my switch right now so i was wondering if the other early copies can confirm this? 

4 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I remember it appearing on Lyn after certain attacks though for a little bit, even when the player wasn't attacking.  Maybe it's different for characters than it is for officers, or maybe it's both?

Maybe because I saw it appeare while Lissa was attacking a captain. 

16 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Is there any confirmation that this game is co-op for online & offline?

Isn't it single player only?

Edited by Nanima

19 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Isn't it single player only?

That would be very disappointing for many people. It's pretty much a Warriors staple to have 2 player co-op. Besides a few oddball games

But it was confirmed some time ago that there is local co-op but none online, if I recall.

Edited by Jedi

22 minutes ago, LoboKD001 said:

i think there is co-op locally but not online

8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

That would be very disappointing for many people. It's pretty much a Warriors staple to have 2 player co-op. Besides a few oddball games

But it was confirmed some time ago that there is local co-op but none online, if I recall.

O thank the Mothers', that would've been such a deal breaker for me if that was the case.

14 minutes ago, flare9 said:

Has  anyone confirmed if the japanese version has english as a selectable language heard rumors that it actually does

no it doesnt. even the shop keeper i bought from said yes but when i start the game theres no english option.

picture i took below

Spoiler

JPEG_20170927_171934.jpg.662a5ba26614b4c6b605fb779986afa6.jpg

9 hours ago, Fireball260 said:

Maybe because I saw it appeare while Lissa was attacking a captain. 

That's why I brought it up - though it seems to be specific attacks that cause this.