General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI Camilla's kill count farmer is her flying strong attack. You fly around with her and press strong attack which will make her slam into the ground. It has a great radius and just instant kills normal mooks. Note that her flying strong attack is not the same as her strong 1 which is what she does while on the ground and you press strong attack.

Edited by wissenschaft

Guys... Do you... Do you think the DLC characters will come with their own Master Seal?

Because if they didn't, then I would need to leave master seals for Oboro and Azura... Ugh, I have used only 4 for now but, now I'm scared they didn't have a way to promote if I use all my seals

14 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Guys... Do you... Do you think the DLC characters will come with their own Master Seal?

Because if they didn't, then I would need to leave master seals for Oboro and Azura... Ugh, I have used only 4 for now but, now I'm scared they didn't have a way to promote if I use all my seals

I imagine you'll be able to obtain Master Seals in the History mode maps that come in the packs. It would be pretty unbelievable if the developers just decided that up to 9 characters would never be able to promote.

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

Considering most people will have already promoted every character and used up all the Master Seals by the time the DLC even releases, it would be really stupid of them not to include more Master Seals with each DLC pack. They'll probably be tucked away in the History Mode maps, but it's pretty much guaranteed they'll be in there somewhere.

2 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

I'd imagine it would be really blooming dumb if they didn't include more Master Seals, frankly. Personally, I'm expecting to have to work for them.

This reminds me, are the DLC characters (and I don't mean the ones that were NPCs in the base game) going to have their own material drops?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I'd imagine it would be really blooming dumb if they didn't include more Master Seals, frankly. Personally, I'm expecting to have to work for them.

This reminds me, are the DLC characters (and I don't mean the ones that were NPCs in the base game) going to have their own material drops?

Depends, but they've said they want the DLC characters to feel fully integrated as if they were in the game from the start, so that would presumably include material drops. Especially if they're going to be appearing as enemies on the new maps.

It would be somewhat odd if only Niles, Oboro, Owain, and Navarre had materials though.

5 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Depends, but they've said they want the DLC characters to feel fully integrated as if they were in the game from the start, so that would presumably include material drops. Especially if they're going to be appearing as enemies on the new maps.

It would be somewhat odd if only Niles, Oboro, Owain, and Navarre had materials though.

The DLC characters who aren't already in the game will probably use their own materials or the other DLC materials, kind of like how Lyn and Celica use each other's materials in their attack crests.

16 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

FYI Camilla's kill count farmer is her flying strong attack. You fly around with her and press strong attack which will make her slam into the ground. It has a great radius and just instant kills normal mooks. Note that her flying strong attack is not the same as her strong 1 which is what she does while on the ground and you press strong attack.

Oh, My bad. I knew the read mentioned flying strong, and I was somehow under the impression that strong 1 is the same move. Thanks for letting me know.

Are Blessings just active for a single map? They seem incredibly expensive if they are. 

Also I still haven't ever had a death before. What could I expect to pay for reviving a character? And can ally captains (can't control but they're blue) die on classic mode?

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Are Blessings just active for a single map? They seem incredibly expensive if they are. 

Also I still haven't ever had a death before. What could I expect to pay for reviving a character? And can ally captains (can't control but they're blue) die on classic mode?

Yep.

Apparently it is 10 Gold materials and like 30,000 gold IIRC. And I don't know why they wouldn't die.

4 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

1. They were in Hyrule Warriors (and yes, they are generally overpriced until you've exhausted the other uses for such resources), so I assume they still are here.

2. Revival costs 300000 gold and 10 gold-rank resources. Allies dying counts as permadeath, unlike in most recent FEs. Discovering this (after finishing the map so it auto-saved) is why I'm not playing Classic any more, since that's rather steep early.

7 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Can you get a gold rank resource from S ranking maps that you already S ranked that had them as the reward?

Would be nice, but you'll have to actually do everything to get all the Master Seals. :P

11 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Yes, active for one map to my knowledge. Wish they were all toggles after purchase.

That said, bronze mats are super common (and I'm pretty sure you need more silver mats than you'll ever need bronze, somehow) and getting one or two gold mats per battle isn't that uncommon once you get to high-level content. A certain blessing using 100 bronzes can make golds rain from the sky too.

Silver mats are too precious to be sacrificed though. >.>

10 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Can you get a gold rank resource from S ranking maps that you already S ranked that had them as the reward?

No you can only have them once, you'll need to kill the corresponding characters after you finished s ranking all map (I cleared all maps at rank s except Anna's battle as I've only the first illustration and I can say I need a lot of them right now) 

1 hour ago, DIO said:

Anyone have a good map for farming kills? Preferably one with constant spawns and no limited timer...

I don't think there's any map that has infinitely-spawning enemies in any significant degree. And technically every mission in the game has a time limit of at most 60 minutes.

Your best bet for racking up KOs (assuming you're trying to unleash weapons' true power) would just be the Timed Onslaught missions. While you're at it you may as well pick one that gives you lots of whatever resources you need. One of the Timed Onslaughts in Invisible Ties is almost all Fighters, so it's good for getting their helmets if you need those.

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

I don't think there's any map that has infinitely-spawning enemies in any significant degree. And technically every mission in the game has a time limit of at most 60 minutes.

Your best bet for racking up KOs (assuming you're trying to unleash weapons' true power) would just be the Timed Onslaught missions. While you're at it you may as well pick one that gives you lots of whatever resources you need. One of the Timed Onslaughts in Invisible Ties is almost all Fighters, so it's good for getting their helmets if you need those.

Yeah I kind of realized that my go-to for back in Hyrule Warriors wasn't going to work since we can now take the enemy's base without killing them (still doesn't end the mission early though; rules for thee and all that). a shame, but at least it doesn't look like there's anything absurd like 25k locks (10,000 is fairly doable all things considered). I'm pretty stuffed on axe fighters drops, but I could always use more myrm helmets and soldier helmets (luckily that one mission on Dark Pontifix with a mat-drop potion is a gold mine; 20 myrm helmets in one go).

8 minutes ago, DIO said:

Yeah I kind of realized that my go-to for back in Hyrule Warriors wasn't going to work since we can now take the enemy's base without killing them (still doesn't end the mission early though; rules for thee and all that). a shame, but at least it doesn't look like there's anything absurd like 25k locks (10,000 is fairly doable all things considered). I'm pretty stuffed on axe fighters drops, but I could always use more myrm helmets and soldier helmets (luckily that one mission on Dark Pontifix with a mat-drop potion is a gold mine; 20 myrm helmets in one go).

For some reason I only ever get like two or three Myrm helmets in one go. I haven't tried it with the potion but it feels oddly scarce compared to the other farming spots despite there being just as many Myrms.

And yeah, 10K is very doable. In fact I unleashed Camilla's Axe in just two rounds of Myrmsmashing. Shoutouts to simple flips.

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

For some reason I only ever get like two or three Myrm helmets in one go. I haven't tried it with the potion but it feels oddly scarce compared to the other farming spots despite there being just as many Myrms.

And yeah, 10K is very doable. In fact I unleashed Camilla's Axe in just two rounds of Myrmsmashing. Shoutouts to simple flips.

I was mostly focused on killing the transporters whenever they popped up; nearly every one had a silver drop once I used the potion/blessings (still have Hyrule Warriors on the brain I suppose).

3 hours ago, DIO said:

Just what is this go-to strategy you're talking about? Because I just used rack up your KO count missions for unlocks, for the most part.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Just what is this go-to strategy you're talking about? Because I just used rack up your KO count missions for unlocks, for the most part.

The second mission of Cia's Tale (the one in Hyrule Field); if you get to the part where Zelda leaves her base and goes to the center, it leaves the base defenseless but unable to be captured. It's a little time-consuming, but worth it to not have any menu's to sift through or time to take (found this exploit when a patch made the Wii U version's load times insufferably long).

I find Takumi's map in the Fates History map is good for bow drops since these tend to be fairly rare I figured I'd point it out.

You'll probably want them for Anna and down the line Niles.

Edited by Jedi

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I find Takumi's map in the Fates History map is good for bow drops since these tend to be fairly rare I figured I'd point it out.

You'll probably want them for Anna and down the line Niles.

Thanks for the tip; I just unlocked the little red money grubber. If her damn mission was going to be so long, why the HELL didn't they give us a little extra time to get an S rank?? I killed Validar with 20 seconds to spare only to feel immediate dread once I realized I could still attack...

52 minutes ago, DIO said:

The second mission of Cia's Tale (the one in Hyrule Field); if you get to the part where Zelda leaves her base and goes to the center, it leaves the base defenseless but unable to be captured. It's a little time-consuming, but worth it to not have any menu's to sift through or time to take (found this exploit when a patch made the Wii U version's load times insufferably long).

I see. 

Anyway, are there any pain-in-the-ass materials that I can expect to have a hard time rounding up?