General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

1 hour ago, Technoweirdo said:

I don't think it has!

Er, anyways, according to this one user...
Aegis and Pavise reduce damage by 10% for every 40 Luck
Trample is a flat 10% damage bonus on infantry | Luna is a 10% damage bonus on everything for every 30 Luck.

The last one is pretty big for some characters. Can personally say that Elise's +36 Luck combined with +8 Mag over Leo more than makes up for her -18 Skl to make her the stronger hitter.

Thank you! ヾ(^▽^ヾ)

Glad to finally see some solid info about the skills plus some explanation as to how damage is calculated

If this user is to be believed, I suppose that makes Fredrick the worst skill user with his abysmal luck and Xander the best. At least draco shield and solidarity exist to make Fredrick good support.

Also interesting to find that WTA doesn’t seem to affect damage taken

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Noni said:

I mean the Model in the Character Model Viewer.

Their promoted models are added once you promote them.

Unless you mean how to unlock the character in the model viewer itself, in which case it seems to unlock as they amass Support levels with other characters. Same with their system voice.

Sorry if these have all been answered but I've got several questions on supports.

1. Has anyone compiled a list on how much exactly support is raised? I know if you're paired up and defeat a captain you get a heart above your head with who you're paired up with. I also know just having units deployed in the same battle adds a bit to support.

1.5. But just how much do these things contribute to overall support level? Is there a hidden value that people have figured out yet? Is there a limit to how many captains you can kill per battle before you stop raising two units support levels?

2. Is there a list of which side missions are on each chapter to raise supports with specific characters?

11 hours ago, Fulush said:

Sorry if these have all been answered but I've got several questions on supports.

1. Has anyone compiled a list on how much exactly support is raised? I know if you're paired up and defeat a captain you get a heart above your head with who you're paired up with. I also know just having units deployed in the same battle adds a bit to support.

1.5. But just how much do these things contribute to overall support level? Is there a hidden value that people have figured out yet? Is there a limit to how many captains you can kill per battle before you stop raising two units support levels?

2. Is there a list of which side missions are on each chapter to raise supports with specific characters?

Quick test on a new file, Ch. 3 on Easy, having Rowan and Lissa paired up constantly and with a C-support gained from the previous chapter:
Unless I've miscounted, the kill limit / # of support-ups per battle is limited to 15.
When you've hit the limit (or maybe when you're trying to break past the limit?) -- either for the battle or because you've hit C/B/A -- , you'll notice a different, higher-pitched sound than the normal support-up sound play.
No, 15 is not enough to go from C to B. It's very close though, as I hit the limit in 2 kills next chapter.
Restarting that chapter and opting to heal Rowan who bravely took an axe to the face for science twice, I managed to hit the limit in...2 heals.

Early conclusions:
15's probably the limit. It's a nice number.
Heals seem to be worth as much as a kill.

Speaking of heals, I'd like to mention my...trust-building exercise:
1. Go to Ch. 11.
2. Bring healers. If you're trying to build supports with a non-healer, give them Potent Potion.
3. Do -not- get rid of the poison.
3. Clear out enough of the chapter that Xander'll be safe from harm.
4. Command everyone to choke on poison, them trusting you'll heal them.
5. Affirm that trust by healing them. Constantly.
6. When out of heals, clear the chapter.

With a deploy limit of 6 and abusing the AoE nature of heals, you can build up to 15 supports at once. If there's another chapter that has environmental damage and has a deployment limit of 8, you could build up to 28 supports at once.

29 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Does this game have the last chance hit point thing that the Hyrule Warriors games did?

Only if you craft crests for it.

Speaking from the personal experience of getting shot by an Archer while playing a Pegasus Knight, you do not have any health insurance until you make those crests.

21 minutes ago, CmdrQuartz said:

There's a crest for that yes

5 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Only if you craft crests for it.

Speaking from the personal experience of getting shot by an Archer while playing a Pegasus Knight, you do not have any health insurance until you make those crests.

Okay then. It's not a crest I need to class change to be able to create, is it?

57 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Okay then. It's not a crest I need to class change to be able to create, is it?

Prayer Crest I and II are available immediately, and Crest I is relatively cheap to make (1 generic silver material, 2 bronze materials). Crest II is a fair bit more costly (1 character silver material, 2 generic silver, 2 bronze). Crest III is after promotion only, and very expensive (1 gold material, 3 character silver, 5 generic silver).

4 minutes ago, Tables said:

Prayer Crest I and II are available immediately, and Crest I is relatively cheap to make (1 generic silver material, 2 bronze materials). Crest II is a fair bit more costly (1 character silver material, 2 generic silver, 2 bronze). Crest III is after promotion only, and very expensive (1 gold material, 3 character silver, 5 generic silver).

Alrighty then. Might be the defensive crest I prioritize getting ASAP.

It's probably the most valuable defensive crest, so that's a good strategy.

On that note, a question that occured to me recently that I haven't tried to test: does dropping to 1 HP in Awakening Mode use up a "Prayer Crest charge", or will you still have those intact for when you next would be killed outside Awakening? (For those who aren't aware, you can't fall below 1 HP in Awakening Mode; you essentially have infinite Prayer Crest charges while there.)

18 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

It's probably the most valuable defensive crest, so that's a good strategy.

On that note, a question that occured to me recently that I haven't tried to test: does dropping to 1 HP in Awakening Mode use up a "Prayer Crest charge", or will you still have those intact for when you next would be killed outside Awakening? (For those who aren't aware, you can't fall below 1 HP in Awakening Mode; you essentially have infinite Prayer Crest charges while there.)

Good to hear - I don't really think there's much else that's worth prioritizing over it.

Good question.

Who needs Thief materials for upgrades? Because I get the notion that thieves aren't a common enemy type.

6 hours ago, Technoweirdo said:

Quick test on a new file, Ch. 3 on Easy, having Rowan and Lissa paired up constantly and with a C-support gained from the previous chapter:
Unless I've miscounted, the kill limit / # of support-ups per battle is limited to 15.
When you've hit the limit (or maybe when you're trying to break past the limit?) -- either for the battle or because you've hit C/B/A -- , you'll notice a different, higher-pitched sound than the normal support-up sound play.
No, 15 is not enough to go from C to B. It's very close though, as I hit the limit in 2 kills next chapter.
Restarting that chapter and opting to heal Rowan who bravely took an axe to the face for science twice, I managed to hit the limit in...2 heals.

Early conclusions:
15's probably the limit. It's a nice number.
Heals seem to be worth as much as a kill.

Speaking of heals, I'd like to mention my...trust-building exercise:
1. Go to Ch. 11.
2. Bring healers. If you're trying to build supports with a non-healer, give them Potent Potion.
3. Do -not- get rid of the poison.
3. Clear out enough of the chapter that Xander'll be safe from harm.
4. Command everyone to choke on poison, them trusting you'll heal them.
5. Affirm that trust by healing them. Constantly.
6. When out of heals, clear the chapter.

With a deploy limit of 6 and abusing the AoE nature of heals, you can build up to 15 supports at once. If there's another chapter that has environmental damage and has a deployment limit of 8, you could build up to 28 supports at once.

Wow! Thanks for going through all this experimenting. Really appreciate it.

So... No support to C takes 15 or less supports. C to B takes ~17 supports. B to A ?

And I'll totally take up your advice on chapter 11. The lava levels would probably be good for that strategy too. They're a bit earlier on so they might take less time to clear. The deploy limit might be lower though...

Is there any easy way to farm character materials like there was in HW? And since this was ignored...

5 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Who needs Thief materials for upgrades? Because I get the notion that thieves aren't a common enemy type.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Is there any easy way to farm character materials like there was in HW? And since this was ignored...

I don't know what method HW has, but the best way I've found is to use a quick map (like a Timed Onslaught) that has the character you need to farm and keep doing it.

As far as I can tell, Celica is the only character who needs thief materials.

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

I don't know what method HW has, but the best way I've found is to use a quick map (like a Timed Onslaught) that has the character you need to farm and keep doing it.

As far as I can tell, Celica is the only character who needs thief materials.

Alright. Also, HW had the Twilight map, where enemies tended to drop two materials when defeated. One mission type also features dark versions of a character that split when damaged enough, but they can only do so a limited amount of times.

4 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Alright. Also, HW had the Twilight map, where enemies tended to drop two materials when defeated. One mission type also features dark versions of a character that split when damaged enough, but they can only do so a limited amount of times.

There's no splitting dark warriors yet, alas, nor double drops.

Splitting dark warriors were also super-good for building up experience, Link killed a whole lotta Dark Zants to reach level 255.

13 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

There's no splitting dark warriors yet, alas, nor double drops.

Splitting dark warriors were also super-good for building up experience, Link killed a whole lotta Dark Zants to reach level 255.

On that note, isn't one mission type dealing with shadows of a particular hero? The shadows don't drop anything, do they?

9 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

On that note, isn't one mission type dealing with shadows of a particular hero? The shadows don't drop anything, do they?

Naw, the shadow heroes just disappear when their health gets low, denying you the kill (presumably for the express purpose of preventing farming).

1 hour ago, SourPeridot said:

Is there an easy way to check how many of Anna's mementos you've unlocked (as in, not having to comb through everything to count by hand)?  I just found out there's a material drop blessing, but it's not in my temple yet and I want to know how long I have to go before I get it.

There is all illustrations in the extra menu but nothing else