General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

5 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

They only need A ranks.

Thanks! I figured that might be the case but didn't want to waste my time grinding supports if they weren't required. Still giving priority to the A+ ranks, though, if only for the conversation unlocks. 

Here's another question: is there any difference between A and A+ aside from the convo?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Thanks! I figured that might be the case but didn't want to waste my time grinding supports if they weren't required. Still giving priority to the A+ ranks, though, if only for the conversation unlocks. 

Here's another question: is there any difference between A and A+ aside from the convo?

It's just the conversation. Gameplay-wise, they're identical.

If I unlock a Weapon Attribute (non-Legendary) behind a KO count, do future weapon drops with that attribute have it unlocked right away, or do I still have to unlock it every time?

Where is the best map to grind supports? I have the bond charm and everything, I just need to know a map to grind.

5 hours ago, Jave said:

If I unlock a Weapon Attribute (non-Legendary) behind a KO count, do future weapon drops with that attribute have it unlocked right away, or do I still have to unlock it every time?

If you are talking about skills like Pair Up+ and Armor Strike then no, you have to do it each time.

2 hours ago, Azz said:

Where is the best map to grind supports? I have the bond charm and everything, I just need to know a map to grind.

Story Mode Chapter 20 is good because you can grind both supports and materials at the same time

A question for all: what's your priority for farming? I've finished the story mode, and I'm in this for the long haul. Still, not sure what to farm first. I'm thinking supports, to get the abilities from Marth, Ryoma, etc. yet I was curious to see how others went about it, hear other opinions.  What do you think?

24 minutes ago, bookwormbabe29 said:

A question for all: what's your priority for farming? I've finished the story mode, and I'm in this for the long haul. Still, not sure what to farm first. I'm thinking supports, to get the abilities from Marth, Ryoma, etc. yet I was curious to see how others went about it, hear other opinions.  What do you think?

For skills, Marth, Chrom, and Ryoma are all fairly useful. As for supplies, Myrmidon helmets. Lots of them. Also, the sanctuary crests take a lot of a unit's own personal materials. The good news is, you can farm supports and materials at the same time. The challenge maps are good for those except they are rather specialized. 

23 hours ago, bookwormbabe29 said:

Has anyone figured out the mechanics for supports at this point? The number of points needed, points per kill/battle/etc stuff? I've only been at it since Christmas and have a long way to go on supports lol. 

I don't think the exact science has been marked down but in general:

-you seem to gain support points across everyone just for completing a map (ie: i've had marth & rowan reach c rank despite rowan hanging out in a base all day while marth was killing things on the other side of the map)
-main way of gaining support points between characters is by pairing up & killing captains. 
-Unless someone is holding the bond charm (DLC exclusive item), there is a cap and it DOES have a visual & audio indicator but it's hard to notice. The sound that goes with the heart changes and the heart animation is a little different.
-Story mode support events raise everyone and can include characters not fielded depending on the story map and the event in question.

Things I'm not sure of because I keep hearing contradicting things:
-there is a separate map cap but i have no idea how this works with the pair cap
-literally no clue how story events count towards map or pair caps, if at all
-unsure of priority in dispensing support points
-different maps might have different support caps?

It's best just to not worry about caps since there's so much uncertainty. Your best ways of grinding out supports are play story chapters 14 or 20 because they have easy objectives, let you field 8 units, gives extra support with units that aren't fielded (tiki, in 14's case i believe), there's plenty of captains to kill and chapter 20 lets you fight shadow clones and get materials. Doing arenas is also nice if you just want to focus on a specific pair; I've heard with the bond charm that you can reach A rank from no ranking with a pairing in the span of like 10-15 minutes?

Prioritize Chrom, Ryoma and Camilla, I'd say. Chrom gives Luna, a skill that just straight up increases your damage output to everyone in the game. Ryoma makes all of your attacks faster (Lyn goes so fast that she'll crash the game if you use her awakening mode finisher). Camilla's trample effects most of the characters in the game for even more extra damage.

WRT the Endgame, are the shadows in the forts blocking the way to Velezark always the same characters, or can they change? If it's the latter case, what determines who they are? (In my case, I had shadows of Frederick, Robin, Corrin, and Caeda)

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

WRT the Endgame, are the shadows in the forts blocking the way to Velezark always the same characters, or can they change? If it's the latter case, what determines who they are? (In my case, I had shadows of Frederick, Robin, Corrin, and Caeda)

You always fight shadows of Frederick, Robin, Corrin and Caeda on Endgame. Chapter 20 is the one that has you fight shadows of characters depending on who you deploy.

12 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

You always fight shadows of Frederick, Robin, Corrin and Caeda on Endgame. Chapter 20 is the one that has you fight shadows of characters depending on who you deploy.

I see. I just wanted to know if it was fixed or not.

Has anyone compiled a collection of which characters have special dialogue when they activate a dual warrior special? I know there are plenty examples such as Robin + Camilla and Leo + Takumi but I was wondering if anyone had gotten a complete or nearly complete list. I find the special dialogues awesome and wanted to try finding my favorites without quite so much grinding.

How does fury builder work? Does it permanently increase your attack every hundred kills? Is it a significant increase in power? Any limit to it?

Any fast way of dealing with Velezark? I can’t seem to S rank any mission he appears in because he takes to long to kill.

6 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Any fast way of dealing with Velezark? I can’t seem to S rank any mission he appears in because he takes to long to kill.

Save up some dual specials and use them when his weak point gauge is up. Naturally the amount of damage you deal depends on levels, but this is the fastest way to get quick damage and criticals.

Is there any good way to do the lance lock mission in The Dark Pontifex that isn't "pray that you get lucky with Awakening Tonic drops"? Camilla takes FOREVER to drop, even with my units having a 15 level advantage over her... and Cordelia is just as taxing on time.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:38 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

How does fury builder work? Does it permanently increase your attack every hundred kills? Is it a significant increase in power? Any limit to it?

It lasts for the rest of the battle regardless of if you switch character or do other things. It's a +5% damage increase per 100 kills. No known direct limit.

As for if it's worthwhile, depends on playstyle and character. For someone like Camilla who is great at building up KOs, absolutely go for it. Even if you switch away from her often, she can quickly get 300-500 KOs on a map and get a significant boost from it. If you tend to switch characters a lot, it's not so amazing - you probably average around 300-400 KOs per character on a typical map, meaning 15-20% attack boost. That's pretty good, but bear in mind that's only what you're getting towards the end - earlier in the map it's likely more like 5-10%. It has potential if you play into it, but if you don't, you might find it provides little to no benefit.

Also note that only KOs you directly get count. AI kills from that character don't, and each character has a separate count towards Fury Builder.

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Is there any good way to do the lance lock mission in The Dark Pontifex that isn't "pray that you get lucky with Awakening Tonic drops"? Camilla takes FOREVER to drop, even with my units having a 15 level advantage over her... and Cordelia is just as taxing on time.

I can't think of what the mission is off the top of my head, but either of the swap skills will let you make quick work of Camilla. Anti-triangle gives you that +25% damage boost from WTA, along with being able to get constant crits from S4 revealing the stun gauge and C5 pretty much breaking it. Alternatively Topsy-Turvy lets you hit her much lower Res stat - she has something like 2x to 2.5x as much Def as Res, so she falls pretty quickly to a topsy turvy attacker.

If you're desperate, you can also go for the "build some dual specials and save them for the boss kills" strats. Especially if you have the DLC so you can field a 4th lance user and thus have two pairs flying around instead of just 3 characters.

1 hour ago, Tables said:

I can't think of what the mission is off the top of my head, but either of the swap skills will let you make quick work of Camilla. Anti-triangle gives you that +25% damage boost from WTA, along with being able to get constant crits from S4 revealing the stun gauge and C5 pretty much breaking it. Alternatively Topsy-Turvy lets you hit her much lower Res stat - she has something like 2x to 2.5x as much Def as Res, so she falls pretty quickly to a topsy turvy attacker.

If you're desperate, you can also go for the "build some dual specials and save them for the boss kills" strats. Especially if you have the DLC so you can field a 4th lance user and thus have two pairs flying around instead of just 3 characters.

The mission in question is a Pincer Escape, with the Red Team having Cordelia, who, as I stated earlier, also tends to be rather taxing on time, especially since the AI just can't seem to take the Enemy Base without my help, and Robin, while the Yellow Team has Elise as the leader (the least of my worries since she goes down easily) and Camilla. And whilst the attributes might help, the Axereaver is behind a Shadow Elimination mission, which tend to be rather unpleasant if the AI doesn't hold up their end of the bargain (by killing the Mages that summon shadows; this one also has some mages that try to wreck your base with lightning, IIRC). I've also barely done anything on Together to the End, so Topsy-Turvy isn't an option. Which means the desperate option might be the best one...

6 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Use Dracoslayer and Wingslayer.

2 hours ago, Florete said:

Use Dracoslayer and Wingslayer.

...And this is the part where I go "Why didn't I think of that?". Thanks for the help.

Another question: Does anyone need Anna materials for upgrades?

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Does anyone need Anna materials for upgrades?

Only Anna herself need her own materials for attack and boost crests unless you are giving Payday to other units.

Edited by NSSKG151
spelling errors

11 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The mission in question is a Pincer Escape, with the Red Team having Cordelia, who, as I stated earlier, also tends to be rather taxing on time, especially since the AI just can't seem to take the Enemy Base without my help, and Robin, while the Yellow Team has Elise as the leader (the least of my worries since she goes down easily) and Camilla. And whilst the attributes might help, the Axereaver is behind a Shadow Elimination mission, which tend to be rather unpleasant if the AI doesn't hold up their end of the bargain (by killing the Mages that summon shadows; this one also has some mages that try to wreck your base with lightning, IIRC). I've also barely done anything on Together to the End, so Topsy-Turvy isn't an option. Which means the desperate option might be the best one...

Hm, I see. In that case you can also go for Wing/Dracoslayer. Actually, these are probably better than the above mentioned options, lol. I was just in the zone of thinking about their stat weakness since it's what I've been working on a lot recently...