General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Question, what shows up more, Pegasus Knights, or monsters? Trying to determine which slayer is more effective as a whole. Wyvern riders are covered under dracoslayer so no need to add them in.

Almost certainly Pegasus Knights. Monsters are actually pretty uncommon in high level missions, and there's no character officer monsters.

In general a good pair of bonus skills is one of Mountslayer or Plateslayer, and one of Wingslayer or Dracoslayer. The exact pair depends on the character, personal preference etc.. Beastslayer is usually not worth it since monsters a) get ripped apart by magic in no time anyway, b) aren't that common and c) Have no character enemies affected by it. The three prfs that come with Beastslayer is enough. Generally Wing + Draco isn't worth it because then the second skill there only adds one enemy type - for physical weapons ideally Dracoslayer is better since Peg have low defence, for magic weapons the opposite. Similar with Mount + Plate - Knights are really rare, so while they're a pain to deal with (especially for swords) if you already have mountslayer to cover Frederick + Great Knight types, Plateslayer just adds very little.

For slayers I like to go based on what the weapon is weak to. Swords are bad against lances, so wingslayer (for pegs) and plateslayer (for knights) turn bad matchups into positive ones. Since there are a lot of sword users, I also made antitriangle builds with mountslayer and dracoslayer. As Tables pointed out, it's also generally a good idea to go for combos that get you the most enemy types between the two, so try not to combine wingslayer and dracoslayer or mountslayer and plateslayer.

2 hours ago, Tables said:

Almost certainly Pegasus Knights. Monsters are actually pretty uncommon in high level missions, and there's no character officer monsters.

In general a good pair of bonus skills is one of Mountslayer or Plateslayer, and one of Wingslayer or Dracoslayer. The exact pair depends on the character, personal preference etc.. Beastslayer is usually not worth it since monsters a) get ripped apart by magic in no time anyway, b) aren't that common and c) Have no character enemies affected by it. The three prfs that come with Beastslayer is enough. Generally Wing + Draco isn't worth it because then the second skill there only adds one enemy type - for physical weapons ideally Dracoslayer is better since Peg have low defence, for magic weapons the opposite. Similar with Mount + Plate - Knights are really rare, so while they're a pain to deal with (especially for swords) if you already have mountslayer to cover Frederick + Great Knight types, Plateslayer just adds very little.

Okay, so my choice to give Lucina wingslayer was justified. I gave the dragonslayer swords different slayers. Chrom has mount, Marth has armor, and Lyn has beast.

Thanks for the answer.

While not FE:W related I am planning on streaming the newest Dynasty Warriors game next month

figured some of you could be interested in asking about the main series there.

Mechanics question:

Exactly how long does the stun gauge show up for, and how much effect do the War God Crests have on the time it stays exposed?

So I am trying to get the Blessed Be badge which obviously entails receiving all blessings, however does that mean I have to use every single blessing at every level (E.g I have to use both Defeat-Slot Blessing I and II) or can I just use the blessing once at any level and have it still count?

1 hour ago, Azz said:

So I am trying to get the Blessed Be badge which obviously entails receiving all blessings, however does that mean I have to use every single blessing at every level (E.g I have to use both Defeat-Slot Blessing I and II) or can I just use the blessing once at any level and have it still count?

My gut instinct is telling me that it requires using every blessing at every level, so that's what I'd do.

On 1/24/2018 at 2:43 PM, John Denver Fan said:

How do you beat Validar in Together to The End, I send out my strongest unit and does no damage. Do you have to send out Units that are weak and send in your strongest unit last?

What is your strongest unit? Validar shouldn't be too bulky. I was a bit overleveled with the unit I sent after him, but if you're in the 50s-60 he shouldn't be too much of a problem

1 hour ago, r_n said:

What is your strongest unit? Validar shouldn't be too bulky. I was a bit overleveled with the unit I sent after him, but if you're in the 50s-60 he shouldn't be too much of a problem

At the time it was Elise with circa level 35, but now in the 50s, so I may stand a chance. Thanks for the answer.

4 hours ago, John Denver Fan said:

At the time it was Elise with circa level 35, but now in the 50s, so I may stand a chance. Thanks for the answer.

Well there's your problem, you're using magic against him.

Validar has low Defense and high Resistance.

9 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Well there's your problem, you're using magic against him.

Validar has low Defense and high Resistance.

But that stage in Together To The End forces you to use magic users only which is kinda messed up when Validar has high resistance.

32 minutes ago, John Denver Fan said:

But that stage in Together To The End forces you to use magic users only which is kinda messed up when Validar has high resistance.

Try using Tiki. With how she works she should be in Awakening mode a lot which should make it a bit easier to take out Validar.

I do have to say, what they did though is really cheap. You don't even have access to the Conduit Tome for Topsy Turvy since you have to  S rank this mission to get it.

4 hours ago, Azz said:

Try using Tiki. With how she works she should be in Awakening mode a lot which should make it a bit easier to take out Validar.

I do have to say, what they did though is really cheap. You don't even have access to the Conduit Tome for Topsy Turvy since you have to  S rank this mission to get it.

Oh wait it's that mission I thought you were talking about the Validar in the mission titled "Together to the End". Yeah Tiki is the answer, her dragon form is physical. 

Well that and levels. 50s might be a smidge overkill, but it will have a marked difference.

Just now, John Denver Fan said:

Levels since I have plenty of materials. I'm trying to get that medal for getting to level 110, the maximum for the update.

Hmm, i'm actually not sure on that one since i'm still trying to find out myself, but i'd assume a high level Arena or Timed Onslaught map.

55 minutes ago, John Denver Fan said:

Levels since I have plenty of materials. I'm trying to get that medal for getting to level 110, the maximum for the update.

I found a mixture of Paragon (Marth's skill), the level blessing on a Timed Onslaught map (Preferably a higher level one) do pretty well.

Edited by Azz

I'm working on unlocking Celica and I hit a major roadblock in the bows only map. I have three bow users, those being Takumi (Lv 76), Sakura (Lv 50), and Niles (Lv 50). So far, this map is IMPOSSIBLE, and looking at the enemy units, I can see why. Everyone does very little damage, even with a block breaking blessing, and I just can't seem to beat it. From what I've gathered, I need the Topsy-Turvy skill on Sakura's bow, but the issue with that is it seems like the Conduit Bow is the only way I can get this skill on her, and I'm an idiot and sold it without knowing I needed it. 

Is there any other place this weapon can drop, or is there any way I can put the same skill on a bow from another weapon? (I have it on an axe) I could always grind and overlevel them, but I still don't know if that'll work. Am I just screwed?

9 minutes ago, Vespinae said:

I'm working on unlocking Celica and I hit a major roadblock in the bows only map. I have three bow users, those being Takumi (Lv 76), Sakura (Lv 50), and Niles (Lv 50). So far, this map is IMPOSSIBLE, and looking at the enemy units, I can see why. Everyone does very little damage, even with a block breaking blessing, and I just can't seem to beat it. From what I've gathered, I need the Topsy-Turvy skill on Sakura's bow, but the issue with that is it seems like the Conduit Bow is the only way I can get this skill on her, and I'm an idiot and sold it without knowing I needed it. 

Is there any other place this weapon can drop, or is there any way I can put the same skill on a bow from another weapon? (I have it on an axe) I could always grind and overlevel them, but I still don't know if that'll work. Am I just screwed?

Once you unlock the weapon with the skill, the skill can appear on any drop of that weapon. You can't transfer the skill from an axe to a bow, but you can get another bow with the skill on it. Use the swap-slot blessing and go to a map with a lot of archer enemies.

Thank you @Florete! I'll be sure to try that!

In addition, is there any tips anyone has for S-Ranking the 3rd Timed Attack at the bottom of the Invisible Ties history mode? It's the only thing left for me to do to unlock the mission that gives Yato's scroll. I can't even come close to doing it on my own, but when My girlfriend came over we were only a hundred off with our Lyn/Niles combo. Is there anyone I should be using that'll allow us to actually complete this within 7 minutes, or anyone I should be using to do it in 7 minutes solo?

9 minutes ago, Vespinae said:

In addition, is there any tips anyone has for S-Ranking the 3rd Timed Attack at the bottom of the Invisible Ties history mode? It's the only thing left for me to do to unlock the mission that gives Yato's scroll. I can't even come close to doing it on my own, but when My girlfriend came over we were only a hundred off with our Lyn/Niles combo. Is there anyone I should be using that'll allow us to actually complete this within 7 minutes, or anyone I should be using to do it in 7 minutes solo?

Camilla while spamming running combo 1. Or at least that is how I did it, though it did take a few attempts. I just recommend keep going after mooks and ignoring major captains since they just take too much time. I may of just been lucky though, but that's how I ended up getting the S rank. 

13 minutes ago, Vespinae said:

Is it the one that gives Lissa's Crinoline as a reward? Anyways, I'd use a Pegasus knight. Or Camilla.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia